Chapter 1: A Best Friend Bond

 

Vegeta was tired as hell, and just coming back from a 2-week mission on planet Glecams.

He walked down the dark hallway quietly, and frequently glancing behind his back.

This specific hall was one to connect his private crew ship to Frieza's own. Vegeta would usually use his small pod for missions like this, to just fly back into Frieza's head space ship when coming back. The difference was that this mission was sorta long, and he'd rather not be cramped in a pod for days, with nothing but transmissioning threats from other galaxys to keep him company. Yeah, there were the threats, *yawn* Vegeta was getting those quite often these days. The threats were getting more and more personal by the moment. And sometimes they were...mean. Hey, it wasn't like Vegeta meant that to their planets, he was just doing his job. He was a slave to Frieza, and if he stopped he would basically and literally be dead.

This specific job he was coming from was one to purge. He had taken his whole crew of men and woman. Odd, they all seemed to be older than him, not having been slaves since they were just children. He didn't really needed them. He just liked to see them...die. Did that sound wrong? At this thought Vegeta pondered whether he was mentally 'ok,' but continued down the hall.

Well unlike Vegeta; Bulma's crew consisted of only strong men. He wondered why, being the young and non-caring guy he was today. He didn't get woman, and knew nothing of them. Nothing.

Vegeta could've sworn that there was something creeping around, yet he felt no ki as though it were suppressed. He didn't like this idea. Not at all.

The Prince had now grown into an experienced and, hansom 22-year-old. His hair stood straight and pointed, just as the proud King's once did. Vegeta wore an updated version of pale white saiyan armor. Rather then the shoulder and leg covers, it was merely the plain white and sleeveless. Under that and tightly clinging to him was his dark blue spandex suit. In accessories were his boots, and lastly his white gloves. Never was Vegeta seen without them. From head to toe Vegeta looked good, even for saiyan standards, with his covered chest in lead of the sexiest body parts in the north galaxy: the usual dress code on Frieza's ship.

Funny, Frieza had loathed the saiyan's ever so, yet had so little pride as that he would adopt such a trivial thing as saiyan armor.

Vegeta was muscular, and too good looking to be a weakling. His skin slightly tanned, though who knew how possible, what with the lack of sunlight and all.

He continued to walk, this time a little more to the side, looking around suspiciously and then quickened his pace and watched shadows dancing after him in the darkness.

"Who is there?" Vegeta called out, only to hear his own voice echo against the empty and hallow walls. He growled. Just where was everyone today?

In one sudden moment the dark figure ran out of the shadows in a corner and jumped at Vegeta, striking him on the chest.

Vegeta yelled out as he fell to the ground under the figure. He wondered whether he should feel stupid or afraid that he yelled out while being attacked by an unknown figure.

He struggled out of it's hold, but his ki felt as though it were slipping away, leaving him strangely weak.

Vegeta dragged up his fist, prepared for a blow to his opposer. He felt his hand to his whole arm light on fire. Not literally, but a searing pain coarsed through it making his left arm drastically numb.

A red light had pierced it. It was some sort of...lazer.

With that fact, of course he knew who it was. His body refused to fight back because his ki was obviously being depressed.

"Grrrr, get off of me!"

Bulma laughed. "Gotch ya!" she said

"Get off woman!" yelled Vegeta angrilly.

"Your just angry 'cuz I scared you! Ha Ha Hahaha!" she laughed in that mocking toon, and sticking her tounge out at him. Vegeta rolled his eyes.

He rolled them both over so that he was now atop of her. "I was acting, you think that I'd actually be afraid of a freaky earthling girl like you!?"

'Earthling girl eh?' Bulma thought to herself. "Do you think that Frieza would have a, freaky, unfeared earthling girl, as his head scientist!?!" she said casually examining her nails, while in the same position beneath Vegeta.

Vegeta rolled his eyes. "He only gave you that position 'cuz your hot." He said it like nothing. Hey, what was the point in denying the facts?

Bulma smirked. "I am simply flattered, but I still don't call screaming in terror acting!" she said.

Vegeta growled in annoyance.

"Now could you get off of me!" said Bulma angrily and poking him in the chest as she does ever so often. In the mean time, Vegeta searched for the source as in where his ki was being sucked, completely ignoring Bulma as she demanded for freedom. Neither his wrist nor his neck held the collar.

"So who's in control now," said Vegeta meaning, and noting the fact that he was on top of her. That...wasn't good. It felt so...wrong...?

"Shut up!" said Bulma.

"No you, loud mouth."

"Shut up, and get off!" shouted the blue-haired woman tackling an un expecting and ki depressed Vegeta from on top of her to the ground.

Bulma was now of age 21, being one year younger than Vegeta. She too had grown up on Frieza's ship, and was forced to adjust to the savage environment stirring around her.

During her time here, she had figured that this was her life and to deal with it. She was no longer the rich and pampered child that she was before. That's the way it would always be. This was home, and earth was gone. This was her life, one that she could never--ever escape.

She had also developed a passion for fighting, though she was one of the weakest aboard. Bulma's specialty was lazers and energy guns. This item represented a ki blast, though charging up the energy could cause it to grow even more powerful.

At this point, Vegeta felt as though her were waisting away, though he still possessed more strength then Bulma.

"My power," he said slowly.

He stared angrilly into Bulma's bright blue's, wanting an explanation, but was suddenly hypnotized.

Bulma grinned back at him. He was just so cute when he pouted. Yes, that's the truth, Bulma...ahem...often thought of Vegeta as her cute little...soft thing. His tail didn't help at all, it was just so soft and made him even more freakishly adorable, not that she had felt it, or was planning on feeling it any time soon.

She stared right back at him. "Vegeta," she said.

"What?" asked Vegeta, still unable to brake his gaze on her.

"I am going to," she brought her nose to touch his. "kill you!"

With that she brought her knee towards his groin, just in time for him to block it. She snickered. She knew he would.

As hard stepping echoed through the hall, Bulma pushed Vegeta off of her, angrily pinning him to the ground. Oh, boy, was HE weak by now.

At that moment the lights flicked on. "Seriously, you two act like children," said Dodoria looking down at them.

"Oh get a life, you little pink fag!" said Bulma throwing her boot at Dodoria's head.

Dodoria scowled. "Shutup, you mean little blue-haired b-"

'If only I had a Super Soaker' Bulma thought, ignoring his words.

"A what?" asked Vegeta.

"What?"

"You want a what?"

"...you heard my thoughts?"

Vegeta fell back, not able to speak. He merely sat and thought for a moment.

"...I...read your mind..." he said quietly.

"C-Care to explain why?" said Bulma, wondering why she felt suddenly frightened.

"I--think--that--we've become friends," said Vegeta, not trying to think about the OTHER reason why he might be reading her thoughts.

Bulma and Dodoria rose their eyebrows.

"...If I'm not mistaken, well, of course I'm not mistaken. I think that we've accidentally bonded as friends," said Vegeta.

Bulma merely stood there where she was, in the same position.

"It's a saiyan thing," said Vegeta scowling at his bad luck of bonding.

Bulma threw her arms into the air, as Dodoria stood on the side sweat dropping.

"Why!" she said only, "Whyyyyyyyy..."

Of course Bulma was purposefully, and dramatically exaggerating. Of course she was Vegeta's best friend. Even before they had bonded, and she loved him the way they felt about each other. The way they were bonded. As friend to talk to.

Bulma and Vegeta were connected even before they had met. Lets just say that they're something like soul mates; linked from even across the universe even before they were born. As they grew up together, they had become more than what they were. They had become friends, the only thing that kept them living on, in the horrible life.

Of course not everything was miserable. There were some good things.

Making fun of Frieza behind his back, going to other planets to purge, the dangers and excitements of a new fight included.

"Sorry to end your time in pappy land," said Dodoria, eyeing the two who seemed to just be watching each other, as if daring the other to say a word. "But I'm here for a reason."

They both looked up, in curiosity. "What?" they asked in unison.

"Just come with me," he said tiredly.

Vegeta scowled. Who was this fool to boss him around, "If you haven't noticed, Do- Do brain, I am--er, all grown up now!" he said pridefully.

(...0 chest hairs and counting...don't worry Vegeta! We know you can do it!)

"And I don't have to listen to a thing you say!"

Both Bulma and Dodoria rolled their eyes. "Frieza requests the presence of both of you," he said.

Vegeta got up. "Hmph," he said, not being able to think of any other retort.

* * *

They walked down the halls as slowly as possible, dreading their meeting with Frieza. Dodoria in the back was getting more and more annoyed by the moment.

"Could you guys go a little faster?" asked the blubbery pink dude.

"Uh, lemme think," said Bulma. "No,"

Dodoria shrugged, until he noted that Vegeta was practically limping at this point. "Er, by the way," said Dodoria slowly, "Vegeta, there's a ki depressor on your leg."

Vegeta froze looking down. He bent low and ripped the depressor off of his ankle. How could he miss something like that? He crumpled the small shackel in his fist, as he felt the warmth of some of his energy return to him.

He dropped the crumbs of the metallic material, and turned to glare at Bulma who glared right back.

Bulma meanwhile once again turned to the wall as the trio continued to walk closer and closer to where they were supposed to meet Frieza.

As the came merely yards from the chambers, it was known that the ground became red carpet, and the walls closer to his living area were covered in pictures and murals, rather then the normal metallic feel. We suppose that it's to give Frieza a more kind of 'home' feel to his life in space.

Upon the pictures they're were people. Specifically of dead races. Each picture demonstrated a person to represent each race, to show what once lived, and also helped to keep track of the ended worlds.

Bulma stopped and sighed as they passed a picture of her own father. Of course she had barely known him, but also wondered how it would have been. How it would of been to grow up on eath with both her parents, and friends, and Goku. What had become of them?

Vegeta and Dodoria too stopped, glancing at the sharp figure of Dr. Briefs. He looked pretty clueless to them, but there was a glint in his eyes that not even Vegeta could miss. Was it wisdom, or could it be caution?

* * * * *


Table of Contents
Prologue
Chapter 2