Chapter 2: A Beating From Zarbon

 

Bulma, Vegeta and Dodoria stood in front of Frieza's throne room, merely staring at the door.

Dodoria frowned. "Uh, you're are gonna go in--aren't you?" he asked

Bulma turned to him. "We'll do that really soon."

Dodoria sweat dropped, only succeeding in making himself look even pinker and blobbier. "Well, I'm going now."

With that he turned and left Vegeta and Bulma to stand in front of the door of Frieza's chambers.

Vegeta once again glanced at Bulma. What the hell was she doing to him? He was almost beginning to...act like her. What was this bond going at?

Bulma looked back at Vegeta, narrowing her eyes. What exactly did Frieza want? They hadn't done anything wrong...this week.

This would be Bulma and Vegeta's hundredth time being called down to his chambers, though never had they been called together. Being on this ship, had forced them to take Frieza in as a father-like figure. A very awful one at that. Almost every day, Frieza would set an example to them by painfully torturing one of his men, often to the death. Sometimes those were betrayers, some refused to follow orders, some had the misfortune of screwing up on a task, and others sadly just got in the way of one of his too often bad days. Bulma and Vegeta were an exception. Frieza liked his 'pets', and they pretended to like him. Though Frieza had never really cared to memorize Bulma's name, he had taken a weird liking to her. The reason was that her and Vegeta were unlike all the other beings on his ship, yet were the same.

All the other races residing here were colorful, scaly, deformed; but those of the sex and mating races, they were unusual. There were tons of that kind on Frieza's ship, each in the same form. Two arms, two legs, tan to pale skin, and dark hair that naturally went down in higher gravity.

Bulma and Vegeta were his personal favorites. It started with all saiyans. Their tails. What was with their tails? It definitely wasn't a deformity, for everyone of the race had tails. Though they hated to say, everyone on the ship thought that Vegeta's tail was awfully cute. If they were planning on saying that in front of the Prince, they would just be making their own death wish.

Then there was the hair. Even in hundreds of space times gravity, a saiyan like Vegeta there, his hair would remain standing unnaturally pointed rather then flatten as would be expected.

Next was Bulma. She was normal and everything, but she was a genius. What kind of earthling had that kind of potential to create the impossible? And the hair? It was blue for kami's sake, blue! It could go from puffy to curly to straight.

The oddities just made Frieza like them more. Almost an unhealthy liking.

"Come on," said Vegeta getting annoyed, and offering his arm.

Bulma grinned, and hooked her arm with his. They stuck their noses into the air and walked into Frieza's room jokingly.

Frieza looked up to see Vegeta and Bulma's sarcastic entrance. He scowled.

"Sit down!" he said harshly.

They let go of each other, and dropped into each of the two chairs before Frieza.

He glanced from Bulma to Vegeta and then he saw it. They were the perfect match; how could anyone miss something like that? Frieza somehow could already see it. A saiyan bond. And invisible web connecting the two, starting off with the color blue, and ending with black. He stared, knowing that this connection would not be seen by any other being around. They were the same. Everything in common. Exactly alike.

It started with their hidden needs to look good. Their attitudes, the way they acted, and argued. They were exactly the same, yet incredibly different.

Vegeta watched Frieza uneasily. He seemed to be in a sort of daze, eyes beginning to glaze over. At that point Vegeta scowled.

"You requested us Lord Frieza," he said sharply.

Frieza jumped, then growled.

"Yes, I did," he replied, his metallic voice dripping with menace, "What-" he started.

Bulma and Vegeta both looked up eyeing him and about ready to object.

"-do you think you were doing on that last purge mission!?" he said, positively pissed with them.

The two looked up in surprise.

"It's simple really," said Vegeta slowly, and trying to stall, "You see, it was all this woman's fault," he said calmly pointing at Bulma.

Bulma turned red at once in anger, "How dare you accuse me of such a thing!" she said, "It was your own pod!"

"heh heh," said Vegeta, each syllable sharp and proportioned, and voice over flowing with sarcasm. He totally forgot about Frieza's presence, eyebrow twitching, and rounding on Bulma as she backed into the wall.

Her eyes were wide, almost afraid, or unprepared for him oncoming tantrum.

"What do you mean it was my pod!" yelled Vegeta oh too loudly, and beginning to loose his cool, as he did ever often "You put in the wrong coordinates! WHEN I TRIED TO CHANGE DIRECTIONS, IT MAL-FUN-CTIONED!!!"

Bulma regained her courage, yet again overcome in her own rage, and stomping back over towards Vegeta. She too forgot about Frieza, standing behind them and yawning.

As she approached Vegeta she poked him not once, not twice, but three times in the chest as she screamed, "WHAT DO YOU MEAN IT WAS MY FAULT!!!" the walls shook, under the pressure of her high voice, "I DIDN'T KNOW THE COORDINATES OF THAT PLANET AND NEITHER DID YOU! WHAT DID YOU EXPECT ME TO DO!!!"

"WHAT DID YOU THINK I EXPECTED YOU TO DO!?! YOU'RE A SCIENTIST, FIGURE THEM OUT!!!"

Bulma growled, calming down a little, "I would've if you hadn't been pressuring me to work faster!" she shrieked angrily.

"Well I wouldn't of been pressuring you, if you had the work done when it should've been!" Vegeta called back, his nose an inch from Bulma's.

"Well I would've had the work done if you had told me the pod to set earlier!" Bulma yelled back.

"I would've been able to give you the pod it you weren't being such a b-"

"SILENCE!" said Frieza, finally getting annoyed.

Bulma and Vegeta looked up in surprise.

"Your punishments will go accordingly," the lizard added. "A beating from Zarbon," he smirked.

Two pairs of young eyes widened as Frieza looked on at them evilly. The duo pondered whether they should run, or suffer less.

"Oh yes and-" said Frieza, causing the two to look back up at him, "I was wondering...what is your...um...lets say 'relationship' towards each other?"

The pair blinked at him, and Frieza began to sweat. Was the question too awkward?

"Well," Bulma finally broke the silence after a minute. "We're best friends," she said.

Frieza looked up to catch her gaze and stare.

At that point Zarbon decided it was an appropriate time to step into the room.

"Ok my pets," he said loud and sarcastically. It was in a low and evil, yet humorous voice. He sounded like one of those, bald and really muscular security guards, that would have the audacity to drag you away from a club if necessary.

"HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA..." Frieza sweat dropped as Zarbon dragged the two away by their collars.

When they had gone struggling, all was silent.

"Best friends?"

* * * * *


Table of Contents
Chapter 1
Chapter 3