Act II
Fallen Goddess

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

 

Night had come and the moon shone full and bright over the palace of Vegetasei. The celebrations had already begun and those saiyan who could control their powerful form had transformed and were wreaking havoc in the ruins of the old Tupple civilization. One powerful saiyan however, did not care to join in the insanity of the transformation, true it brought about awesome power, but he detested taking that form. Perhaps it was because he was just slightly vain, and the transformation was not exactly visually pleasing. And so on this night of celebration, the saiyan prince the most powerful ever born, stood alone on his balcony gazing out at the capitol city of Vegetasei. Watching the melee that was taking place in the streets below. His kingdom was one built upon blood and war. The planet itself had not always been theirs, at one point the dominant race had been the technologically advanced race known as the Tupples. At that time, the saiyans had been little more then barbarians dwelling in the red sand deserts bordering the Tupple civilizations. The saiyans had often tried to overtake the Tupple society, but they had always been pushed back due to the Tupples astounding technological power. But one night all that changed, when an event that occurs once every seven years brought about the destruction of the Tupples, and the ascension of the Saiyan. It was a night like this so long ago when the moon shone brightly upon them. Yet it was not so long ago, His family had ruled the planet from the start, and he was but the third prince born to the royal family. They had renamed the planet, which was formerly known as planet Plant, after his ancestor whom had led the saiyan armies to their exultant victory. The prince scowled darkly, he was bored with this. He had contemplated his past enough for one night, perhaps he would attend the tournament being held within the outer arena of the palace, and hopefully he would find some worthy competition there.

As he entered the chamber everything suddenly became engulfed in silence, as every saiyan in the room, be they standing or fighting, fell to one knee and bowed. He smirked at this and signaled for them to rise. He stood at the edge of the ring and watched as the imperial guards battled it out. He sensed a group of powerful ki’s behind him, but he did not turn to face them. It seemed his personal guard had arrived. Not that he, the mighty prince, needed guards, but he supposed they had their uses. He addressed the captain his eyes never leaving the fight before him. "Kakkarot, what do you want? I am shocked you are not out tramping about the countryside like the heathen you are."

Kakkarot smiled a happy smile that never failed to agitate the prince to no ends. "Well as fun as that sounds my prince, we sensed that you had come, and we were hoping for a challenge."

The prince just smirked and ordered the ring to be cleared. He deftly leapt into the ring and turned to face his four guards. "Now which one of you cowards shall be the first to become my personal punching bag?"

 

~Meanwhile~

Bulma gracefully glided down the stairs of the palace and entered the massive ballroom. All eyes turned to their princess, and they bowed deeply in reverence to her. There were but two who did not bow to her, the queen herself, and the illustrious goddess of Vegetasei. Bulma made her way to the twin thrones that had been set up and bowed to the saiyan goddess. "It is good to see you Vegetasei, I trust you have been well?"

"Enough frivolities princess, you need not bow before me like a common peasant. I trust you have been behaving princess. But your mother tells me that you pine for our saiyan prince. Is this true?"

"Yes Vegetasei." She said cautiously sending a silent glare to her mother who looked away and pretended not to notice.

"Princess" the goddess snapped, bringing Bulma back to attention. "You do know that communication between Vegetasei and the moon is forbidden? I advise you forget such thoughts and find your happiness in someone of your own race," Vegetasei sternly advised.

"Yes Vegetasei, I am well aware of the rules," Bulma replied tersely, annoyed that the goddess would think her so naïve. She knew well the consequences that she might face, but then she did not plan on being caught.

"Then I trust you will do the right thing?"

Bulma smiled at her, "Yes without a doubt. Now if you will excuse me I think I need some air, you know how I hate crowds." The princess did not wait for an answer and deftly turned and made her way to the gardens and to the temple of prayer. Instead of leaping to the roof, she instead entered the temple and walked gracefully to the tower of prayer. It was a large bluish colored crystal and while it functioned as a way of communication to the gods it was also a source of transportation by way if teleportation, from one place to another. She smiled and knelt before the tower, and began to pray, a soft light surrounded her and her image slowly faded and disappeared. She soon found herself standing atop a palace of onyx stone, its dark surface shining in the reflected moonlight. She peered over the edge of the roof and saw many battles in progress on the ground below. The moon increased the saiyans natural instincts to fight and kill, and only those who were properly trained could control the overwhelming bloodlust caused by the light of the full moon.

She deftly leapt from the top spires and gracefully landed upon a balcony, his balcony. She touched the finely polished stone of the railing almost lovingly. She had often watched him gazing up at the stars from this very balcony. But she had been so far away and now she was here, She was at last on the same planet as her prince. She entered his room, disappointed to find that he was not within. "I would bet a small fortune that he is fighting someplace," she whispered aloud. She cautiously left his chambers and made her way down the halls which were tiled in crimson and gold. The palace had a beauty all its own. Dark in comparison to her own palace of silver and light, but she found it beautiful all the same. She heard a loud cheering and quickly made her way towards the sound.

She entered a large outdoor arena filled with many saiyan warriors both male and female. They were obviously those of the upper class. She ducked behind a large pillar that was directly adjacent to the fighting arena. The pillar she noticed was covered in thorny vines and roses of deep crimson. As she gazed out into the arena she caught sight of him, he was fighting his opponent who seemed to be rather evenly matched with the prince. They blocked each other blow for blow before the prince finally flung his opponent from the arena, sending him crashing into one of the pillars near Bulma. Bulma gazed over worriedly at the man, it had to have hurt, being throne into a stone pillar covered in thorns. In her worry she did not notice that the prince had left the arena.

 

Kakkarot was matching him blow for blow as they went at each other in a fury of punches kicks and the occasional ki blast. All in all it was a good fight, but he couldn’t allow his subordinate to keep the upper hand much longer. He quickly phased behind his opponent leaving an after image of himself. Lucky for him, the captain of the guards was not aware of this technique and was caught unawares when the prince phased in behind him and kicked him out of the ring sending him careening into a pillar. The pillar crumbled with the force of Kakkarot’s impact.

Vegeta laughed madly as Kakkarot looked rather ridiculous entangled as he was in the rose vines. The prince nimbly leapt from the ring and began making his way towards his fallen guard. He glanced around him and noticed a shining blue out of the corner of his eyes. Upon closer inspection he discovered a young girl with long blue hair standing behind one of the great pillars, her eyebrows furrowed in worry as she looked on at Kakkarot. Ignoring his comrade for the moment he crept around the pillar until he was standing behind her. He studied her closely, amazed that she had yet to take note of his presence. She was certainly like no other creature he had ever seen. She would have looked saiyan if it weren’t for the odd coloring. He could not be sure if she had a tail for the long gown could very well be hiding it. And that was another oddity, he had never seen such garments, it shone blue and then appeared to be pale silver at moments. He cleared his throat to make known his presence.

Bulma could sense that someone was behind her, however she took no notice of them, as she was trying to determine if the man in the rubble was alive. However when the presence cleared his throat she quickly spun around and azure clashed with ebony. "Vegeta" she sighed softly. He was even more magnificent in person; she had waited so very long for this day. Perhaps now, she could at last be…happy.

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

^_^ How did you enjoy that minna-san? You can email me if you like or just post on the MB either way is good.


Table of Contents
Act I
Act III