Enigma
By: The Saiyan Butterfly

 

Prologue

 

Planet Vegeta, the home of a proud and violent warrior race known as the Saiyans. These warriors while powerful in their own right, have the ability to achieve a transformation which will increase their power ten-fold within the shining light of the full moon. Due to this powerful transformation the moon is a very important aspect of saiyan culture and society. Although any type of moonlight will invoke the saiyan transformation, the Moon of Vegetasei is special in itself, and unlike any other satellite of its kind. For one, its lunar cycle lasts a period of seven years, and a Saiyans’ Transformation is most powerful upon the home planet of Vegeta.

Upon this moon, standing within the "Mare Serenitatis", there is a vast and eloquent kingdom. This kingdom was not well known among the saiyan people, and was thought to be merely a tale contrived by the elders. But in truth, the silver palace upon the moon exists, and within in its shining walls dwell the people of the moon of Vegeta. A race of people whose longevity rivals that of their saiyan counterparts, and because of this some consider the ruler of the silver palace to be a goddess of the moon whose duty is to watch over the powerful race that is the saiyan.

This is a tale if an Epic battle as is fit for a telling of the history of Vegetasei, and in this great and bloody battle the first super saiyan arose from the terrors and ashes of war to smite his foes with his immeasurable power, but in the end, this is also a tragic tale of unrequited love. The first super saiyan was doomed from the start, for it seemed that fate did not see fit for this man to be happy, For he had broken a taboo among the gods and fallen in love with the beautiful princess of the moon. His great power was forged by the tragic loss of his love, and in his grief he destroyed himself so that he could be joined with his lost mate.

This is a tragic tale of love and war and the trials, which led to both. And so I shall reveal to you the tale in its entirety for it is so much more then what has been described here in this brief nearly forgotten history of the planet Vegeta. This is the tragic tale in its entirety of the first super saiyan.

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

 

Act I
Longing

 

The silver palace shown in the soft light that encased the moon, and it seemed to shine of its own accord in some unnatural holy light. The palace was cast of a silver stone that was unique to the moon of Vegetasei. Around its pillared walls, were massive and eloquent gardens where bloomed the rare and beautiful azure moon blossoms. Detailed fountains were strewn about the beautiful gardens gushing forth, silver cascades of sparkling water. A soft lilting voice could be heard wafting upon the light breeze that blew gently through the sparkling gardens. The source of the haunting melody sat delicately upon the marble top of a beautiful stone temple, her beautiful long azure hair blew gently about her and her long silver blue gown made her look like a goddess in the midst of all this splendor. Her eyes were shut as she concentrated upon her song. Her silhouette cast in a reddish glow caused by the ruby planet that lay before her. And her song was for that planet, for she was in actuality a goddess of the moon, the princess of the silver palace. It would one day be her sole duty to guard over Vegetasei and the powerful race that dwelt there.

"Bulma, Bulma!" a soft gentle voice broke through the sound of the melody and the princess ceased her song and set her beautiful blue orbs upon her mother whom stood on the flowered ground calling for her. She gazed one last time at the ruby planet and gracefully leapt from the top of the temple, gliding towards the ground like an angel descending from heaven. She smiled impishly at her mother and bowed lightly, "Mother how are you this day?" Her mother smiled gently, her silvery blue hair swirling about her in the light breeze. She gently placed a hand upon her daughters face, " Why do you sing such sad songs daughter? Are you trying to make that planet feel? The saiyans are a cold cruel race. Do not look to them for your happiness.

The princess scoffed, "Please mother you really don’t pay enough attention to the people over which we must watch, they are a proud people that is all. And I have seen many loving mated pairs. Moon Bonding is not looked upon with fear as it once was, they are perhaps, becoming a better people."

Her mother looked at her sternly, "I know what it is you seek my daughter and you will not find it there. Happiness will not be found with that dark prince you so love to watch from the temple of prayer."

The princess just turned and did a very un-lady like thing and growled beneath her breath, and stalked off towards the outer balconies of the palace. She didn’t care what her mother thought; the saiyans were not a bad race. How did her mother know about that anyways? She reached one of the outer balconies upon which Vegetasei could be clearly seen. She closed her eyes and summoned a large hologram screen. She smiled lightly if one thing brought her happiness and eased her loneliness then it was to gaze out at the crimson planet, at the saiyan kingdom and especially its crown prince…Vegeta. He was the strongest saiyan born to date and in her opinion the most handsome ever. His image appeared upon the screen and she stood gazing fondly up at him. She wanted so badly to meet him, however contact between the people of the moon and Vegetasei was forbidden. One day she knew that she would meet him, but for now she would be content to watch until the right opportunity presented itself. She was a very young goddess born just thirteen standard years before. And it would be another four years until the moon would be full in Vegetasei’s sky and she would be able to descend to the ruby planet. She would bide her time until then, and be content to watch, as her saiyan prince grew from a cocky 14 year old boy into a even cockier 18 year old man.

Her long wait would not be in vain, she decided. The full moon was just two weeks, away and the silver kingdom was preparing itself for a great banquet. The moon would shine full for a full week before it began to wane, and the celebration would be just as long. The celebration was of course held every seven years in light of the full moon, but this year it fell upon her 17th birthday so the festivities would be even more extravagant then usual. Many prominent people were expected to attend including her four guardians, her father, and even the elusive goddess of Vegetasei was expected to make an appearance. With her off world it would be an ideal time for the princess to sneak down the planet so that she could at last meet her prince.

Though they had not met, she knew a good deal about him from her long observations. He was very arrogant, and very proud; there was no denying that. It was no wonder that her mother did not believe she could find happiness with the dark prince. And he was dark indeed, though his heart seemed tainted black she could see that he was not truly evil, it was just the way that a saiyan prince must be; proud, arrogant, uncaring, and of course extremely powerful.

Bulma was a fiery spirited goddess, and she wielded great power, but she was also very lonely. It seemed that the only thing that made her remotely happy was to gaze out over Vegetasei. Just knowing that her prince was there brought her a small measure of happiness. She leapt lightly to the roof of the prayer temple and began singing her haunting melancholic melody. It was a song she had written in her pain, a song that spoke of her one wish, to be happy.

Two weeks later a soft lilting voice could be heard drifting once again across the gardens.

~*~*~*~*~*~

I wish for happiness
I seek happiness

To find happiness with you
To be your happiness

So take me
Someplace far away
Far from here
Please take me there

An unbreakable spell
A never-ending kiss
An endless dream
Eternal happiness

Take me
I wish for happiness…

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

She abruptly ceased her song and gazed downwards. It seemed her guardians had returned from their extensive training. She descended from the roof and the four bowed before her. The leader of the four gazed up at her as she spoke, "My Princess we have at last returned from our extensive training upon the planet. It has been 7 long years since we have seen you last, but we are now strong enough to properly defend you."

Bulma sighed, "It has been too long, but I can see that you are now several times stronger. Welcome home my friends." She studied them closely as she had not seen them since they were all children. The first girl had long flowing ebony hair that swirled in the breeze, her chocolate eyes showed nothing but loyalty to her mistress. She was the leader of the four and her name was Chichi. The second had shoulder length hair that was a beautiful golden hue and her light blue eyes sparkled dangerously, she was called Juuachigou. The final two warriors were those whom should never have been allowed to even be in the presence of the young goddess, for they were saiyan warriors whom should have never known of her existence. The taller girl had reddish colored, spiked hair that fell far below her waist, and she had shining green eyes. The girl had the temper and attitude to match that of Vegetasei’s prince, and perhaps that was why Bulma had seen to it that this girl become one of the four guardians. Her shorter companion had short black spiked hair and ebony eyes to match. She was a carefree and happy spirit, and she was also very smart, another trait that the princess found admirable.

It was taboo for the saiyan to actually witness the people of the moon, so it was definitely odd for two saiyan to be enlisted in the princess’s personal guard. But the Queen had seen there worth and a deal had been forged with the goddess of Vegetasei so that the two could be enlisted into the service of the moon. The reappearance of the guardians helped somewhat to ease the princess’s loneliness, for she considered the four to be her closest friends.

"Now rise my friends, there is no need to bow before me," she laughed lightly.

"Why do you sing of finding happiness princess?" Chichi asked her solemnly. "You have everything you could ever desire! You are after all a Goddess of the moon. So why would you wish to be taken away?"

Bulma frowned at her friends "You would not understand…" she said turning away and leaping back to the roof of the temple and gazing out at the planet. "Because you have never been in love." She whispered without removing her eyes from the ruby planet.

Zinni gazed at her silhouette worriedly "Should I check on her?"

"Leave her" Chichi ordered, "She will be fine. Now come we have duties to perform within the palace."

When the four could no longer be seen in the gardens the princess began her haunting melody once again. Soon, so very soon, she would see Vegeta.

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~


Table of Contents
Act II