Act III
To the Moon and Back

 

The prince raised a brow at the young woman, who did she think she was to address him so informally?

"Vegeta" she whispered stepping forward and placing a hand to his cheek. "At last we meet my prince."

Vegeta stepped back from the strange woman. Just who the hell did she think she was? No one touched the Ouji so informally. He narrowed his eyes at her and shoved her away. I am the Saiyan no Ouji. I don’t know who the hell you are but I demand you tell me what you are doing here.

She smiled gently at him and he was slightly taken aback by her lack of fear. She stepped forward once again. "I am Princess Bulma," she stated regally.

"Princess?" he snarled. "There are no princess’s on Vegetasei, there is but one royal family! Who are you some lost rat of a Tupple that we missed?"

She giggled lightly, "I am surely no Tupple my prince nor am I a saiyan. I cannot tell you much of who I am for you would not believe me anyway. She smirked mischievously but let me say that I know you very well Vegeta no Ouji.

He eyed the girl warily, he was not sure what this girls aim was. If she was truly a princess as she said then where the hell had she come from? He definitely did not trust her but still he could not keep his eyes from trailing down her body, the dress she wore hugged every curve perfectly before flowing outwards at the bottom. It was nothing like he had ever seen. He pushed her back into the pillar, unmindful of the sharp thorns. "What do you want woman you try my patience!"

She looked up at him with sad eyes, "I seek only happiness, you are the reason I have come."

He pushed her harder into the pillar, " stop speaking in riddles woman and give me a straight answer.

"Fine" she huffed, turning her head but gazing at him from the corner of her eye. "I’ll tell you but not here. There are far too many people around."

He eyed her with suspicion but humphed in agreement. He led her back into the palace and into his room. "Now woman we are alone, I want an explanation."

She smiled at him "No not here, here is for later" she smirked.

"What the hell are you going on about!"? The prince was beginning to think the girl was quite insane.

"Come on!" she shouted a stepping out onto the balcony.

"What are you…?" Before he could stop her she had stepped off the balcony. He ran over to find her hovering above him. "Come on lets go to the roof. She laughed and phased out of his sight.

His brows furrowed in confusion, just who was this little nymph if she was neither saiyan nor Tupple then what could she possibly be? He half wondered if this were some sort of trap. His thoughts were scattered and he fell backwards in surprise as she suddenly appeared in his face. He glared up at her from the floor. She was hovering upside down above him and laughing. "Come on, we’re going to the roof if I have to drag you there myself!" So saying she grabbed his hand and they were suddenly atop the highest spires of the imperial palace. He crossed his arms and glared at the girl whom stood looking fondly up at the moon. She turned her head to look back to him. "The moon", she said.

"What about it? he growled he was tiring of her riddles. She smirked "It is much more beautiful from this world."

He cocked an eyebrow at her.

"Oh fine I will explain everything but you won’t likely believe me. I am not from this planet…"

"That was becoming apparent" he interjected.

She growled under her breath, he was really a jerk, but then it was his cocky attitude that attracted her, for she was like that in so many ways. "As I was saying, before I was so rudely interrupted" she glared at him, "my people have watched over Vegetasei for many, many years. We are no more then a myth to the saiyan, but some believe. I myself have two saiyans in my personal guard." she added as an afterthought. "The saiyans are not supposed to know of our existence and it is forbidden for us to have contact."

"Then why are you here bothering me?" he growled. "And that still does little to explain who the hell you are!"

She sighed and walked up to him, "I am Princess Bulma of the Moon Kingdom. We watch over the saiyans it is our sole duty, but my mother believes you to be a foul and nasty race and has lost all faith in you. Worse yet, Vegetasei herself has forbid contact between our peoples.

"The…planet…forbade you?" he asked getting annoyed.

"Not the planet, but the spirit goddess of the planet." She sighed, This was going to be harder then she thought.

"That still explains nothing, are you trying to tell me that the legend of the so called moon people are in truth your people."

"Precisely" she smiled at him.

He threw back his head in laughter. "You really are quite insane. What are you some discolored saiyan or some freakish genetic experiment gone wrong?"

"How dare you!" she yelled, "No one mocks me." She phased out disappeared, only to reappear above him. She smacked him upside the head rather lightly, in her opinion, but he surprisingly felt it.

He raised an eyebrow at the strange woman, "Fine woman lets say you are from the…moon", he scoffed, "Why would a princess of the illustrious moon kingdom descend to Vegetasei against the wishes of the very planet."

She smiled sadly, "You really don’t remember me do you Vegeta.

"Remember! What the hell! I have never seen you before."

She sighed and set down at the edge of the roof. "Seven years ago at the last full moon a young child appeared when you were injured." She looked up at him smiling. "She was a strange child who possessed odd powers. She healed you after the severe beating you had received for your severe lack of respect. You saw the child for the week of the full moon before she disappeared to whence she had come. Do you not remember? You were only 11 at the time."

That was nothing more then a child’s dream, a fantasy," he snarled feeling uncomfortable that she should know such personal matters as his dreams.

"But Vegeta you are wrong for that child is I. Ever since that time I have watched carefully over you from the moon. My mother often scolded me and told me that happiness would not be found in the dark prince," she said with a sad smile.

He scowled at the girl, "Well she was right now wasn’t she?

"Vegeta do not be difficult! I have been happy but once in my life and that was that time when we were young, when I saw you in pain, and descended for the first time to this planet. And I won’t allow you to take that away from me because you are too stubborn to admit that impossible legends are possible. You yourself have a great destiny on this planet, and I only want to be there at your side!"

What do you know of my destiny", he growled.
She sighed, "The spirit temple shows us many things but not in so much detail, I know only that you will achieve incredible power. However, you must go through great trials and pain to achieve that power. I will not stand idly by, watching while you suffer," she shouted tears springing unbidden to her blue eyes. "I want to be there for you, so that you may be happy. It is my duty to watch over this world but that is all irrelevant to me if you are not safe."

"Feh you are no more then a moon bound illusion." He snarled at her turning to gaze down at his city. He refused to believe that she could really be the girl from so long ago.

She fazed in front of him and pressed herself close to him as if to prove she was real. "Do not deny my existence Vegeta! I would take you to the moon to prove it were the risk of being caught not so terrible."

"What do I care for risk" he frowned down at her. She could not be an illusion. Illusions were not something that could be touched. Illusions were not so…soft. So did that mean she really was the girl from all those years ago. He had thought her to be no more then a dream conjured up by the power of the full moon, or a disillusion in his injured state. Though it might explain why he had suddenly been healed. The wounds he had received in that little "discipline session" would have kept him out for weeks.

He looked down at the woman whom had attached herself to him. She looked up at him with sad eyes and smiled lightly. "Vegeta, really more then anything I just want to be with you, at the end of this week I should return to the moon, but if you would have it so I would gladly stay here. I can help you find the way to your power I know I can, the temple shows me that I am a part of your destiny."

"Why should I require your help little moon goddess," he snarled. "I have no proof that you are whom you say. For all I know you could be some discolored slut after the position of queen.

She smacked him smartly across the face, his head turned to the side from the unexpected force of impact. "Has any ‘whore as you put it had near enough strength or audacity to do such a thing? If I have to risk Vegetasei’s wrath to prove this to you, then I will." She grabbed his hand and suddenly the saiyan prince found himself in a temple and before him was a tall azure stone. "Come" she said simply and walked outside of the large temple and leapt deftly to the roof. The prince followed her and his eyes widened in awe. Before him was, his planet. He could see it spinning before his very eyes. Then he must truly be upon the moon. Never before had he witnessed his planet from space. In fact no saiyan had. He looked back at Bulma with awe. "You are she," was all he managed to say.

She smiled happily at him and ran to him leaping into his arms. "I missed you Vegeta. And I hated to leave you. You seemed so alone." She said sadly resting he forehead gently against his.

"Feh don’t be stupid woman. What do I need with friends anyway?"

His gaze rested on the planet before him, as he refused to meet her gaze. She tilted his head so that he was forced to look at her. "Everyone needs someone Vegeta, even princes. I promised you I would return to you. You really left me little choice," she laughed. "You were quite adamant about it at the time."

He glared at her sharply, "I was but a child at the time."

"And now you are a man aren’t you" she whispered, her fingers trailing down his armored chest. "And I am no longer a child either," she leaned in closer her lips barely brushing his.

"Woman I…"

"Bulma, Bulma where are you?" the voice of Bulma’s mother drifted across the courtyards.

"Shit what timing you have mother!" she growled grabbing Vegeta and teleporting back into the temple and then to the top spires of Vegeta’s palace once again.

 

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

 

Disclaimer: as I neglected to mention it earlier…the songs in this fic are from Clover a manga by Clamp

And also I do not own DBZ…..you didn’t think I actually owned anything did you o_0;;


Table of Contents
Act II
Act IV