Sorry, it’s been awhile. Well, at least I got Unbreakable out... Umm, Emi’s gonna be back in this chapter. No one else is new to the story. (I see you guys liked Emi. ~.^) This chapter is just filled to bursting with stupid phone calls! Anyways, enjoy this chapter! Princess P.

 

9

 

Monday night at Bulma’s house

"So...", Bulma asked nonchalantly, "Did Goku say if Vegeta was mad at me or anything?" "Hmm," Chichi said as she twirled the phone cord around her finger, "Nope, when he called we didn’t talk about old Veggie-head!" "Arrgh!" Bulma growled into her end of the phone, "Chi! The least you could have done was ask that LUNK-HEAD of a boyfriend of yours if Vegeta still somewhat liked me!!" "Oh, really? Well, I thought you said you were over him, and that it was ’no biggie’." Chichi asked as she smirked on her end of the phone. "Um uh..." Bulma stuttered, "I just wanted to know, that’s all." "So, you’re saying that you don’t like him?" Chichi asked confusedly. "Well, not that I don’t like him. Just that I don’t like him like him. Well maybe I like him like him a little bit. Maybe more than a little bit. Ok, maybe a lot! Chichi I’ve got a major crush on him! But... you know, he must think I’m a total biotch for what I said to him!" Bulma whined. "Girl... you’ve got major relationship problems!" Chichi exclaimed. She heard Bulma sigh miserably on the other end. "Ok, look, I’ll call Son-kun and ask him about this little Vegeta problem, ’k?" she asked. "Yeah, okay, whatever." Bulma said as she hung up.

Conversation between Goku and Chichi

Chichi waited impatiently as the phone rang for the fourth time. She was about to hang up when the phone was finally answered. "Hello?" a old voice asked. Chichi sighed, it was Goku’s grandfather. She wished Goku had his own line. "Yeah!" she yelled, since his grandfather was hard of hearing. "It’s Chichi!" "You don’t have to yell. I can hear you perfectly fine." he answered. "Oh, oh okay." she answered embarrassedly, "Uh, is Goku there?" she asked. "Nah, I think he’s over at his girlfriend’s house..." the old man muttered. "NANI!??" Chichi screamed. Suddenly she heard Goku’s voice. "What are you telling her, Grandpa?? I’m right here." he said angrily. "You know I was just playing with her." the old man answered. Goku rolled his eyes. "Hey, Chichi." he said. "Son-kun." she responded curtly. "Uh..., he didn’t mean that about me being at a girl’s house." "Yeah, okay, whatever. B-chan wanted to know if you talked to that stupid Vegetable sprout lately." Chichi stated blandly. "Huh? Nope, Vegeta didn’t talk to me at all today. I tried to call him earlier once school let out, but his mom picked up. And you know she doesn’t like us. She says we’re screwing up Vegeta’s mind or something." Goku said thoughtfully. "We’re screwing up his mind?? The only reason he’s not some little juvenile delinquent is because we’re his friends! Who does that lady think she is? You know she had called me, 18, and Bulma sluts for tramping around in skimpy clothes. But we were at the pool for crying out loud!! My suit was not skimpy. Bulma and 18 were a different case. I don’t know who they were trying to impress." "Yeah I remember that. So, how goes the Bulma x Vegeta mission?" Goku asked. "How do you THINK it’s going??!" Chichi yelled. "Look, son-kun, I am not in the mood to talk to someone of an inferior intelligence. Just call your friend and ask him if he’s mad at Bulma. Do not hint that she’s not mad at him or that she still likes him. Ask him what he thinks of her first, okay?" Chichi said in a business like tone. "Uh, hai." Goku answered. "Good, call me with the details. Bye!" Chichi said as she hung up.

Conversation between Vegeta and Goku

*Ring ring* Vegeta picked up his phone. "Hello!" he yelled over his music that was playing loudly. "Vegeta!" Goku yelled. "Kakarot? What do you want??" Vegeta yelled. "Vegeta, turn down the music! I can barely hear you!" Goku complained. Vegeta grudgingly reduced the music, "As I asked before: What do you want?!" he asked. "Chichi told me to ask you if you were mad at Bulma." Goku asked Vegeta. "Heh, why is your woman so concerned with my problems?" Vegeta asked Goku. "Well, Bulma asked Chichi to ask me to ask you if you were mad at her. Bulma I mean." Goku answered. "Hah ha! Well, you can tell that purple haired bitch that if she wants to know that answer she can call me and ask for herself!" Vegeta answered quite rudely. "Okay, I’ll relay that message exactly. But you know Bulma gets mad pretty quickly and I don’t think she’ll like you calling her...a you know. Well, a bitch." Goku stated. "She is one, and she knows it. I mean, come on Kakarot, Chichi and Bulma put together would mean the end of our simple insignificant high school lives. They’d be like ‘super bitches’." Vegeta replied almost seriously. "Heh he", Goku laughed, "You’re too mean to them." ‘But you do know that Bulma really likes you." Goku said seriously. "Yeah, really?" Vegeta asked sarcastically, "I was totally convinced that she loves me by her wonderful show this afternoon." "Uh, okay. Are you sure you want me to tell her that?" Goku asked. "Yup, exactly that. Including my wonderful sarcasm. Ja’ne." Vegeta said and then hung up. "Ok..., now who to call? Chichi or Bulma first?" Goku asked himself.

Conversation between Yamucha and Krillen.

*Ring Ring* "Hello?" Krillen asked when he picked up his phone. "Hey...Uh Krillen?" a voice asked. "Huh? Yamucha is that you?" Krillen asked surprised. "Yeah, it’s me..." Yamucha muttered. ‘What’s up? Why’d you just decide to call all of a sudden." Krillen asked with accusation in his voice. "Come on, Krillen. I am not up to this. I need someone to talk to, and your my best bet. Don’t hang up on me." Yamucha pleaded. Krillen sighed. "Ok, so what’s up?" he asked. "Look, I just dumped Rae." Yamucha announced. Krillen blinked in surprise. "Um...why?" Krillen asked. "Man, Krillen, I never knew I could love someone so much. And now that I’ve lost Bulma I’ve found that it’s true. I can’t stop thinking about her, you know? And when I’m with Rae, Bulma always seems to pop up in the conversations. So, of course Rae got pissed. You know how women are... Well, I know that I love her now, and I’ll do anything to get her back!" Yamucha said. "Uh...Yamucha, I’ve got some bad news for you." Krillen said solemnly. "Huh? What?" Yamucha asked suspiciously. "Bulma’s sweatin’ another guy, and I think she’s way over you now." Krillen stated. "WHAT?? Who?! Who does she like now!! I’ll kick that guy’s ass!!" Yamucha threatened. "I don’t think you could." Krillen laughed nervously. "What do you mean? The only people who are stronger than me are Goku and Ve--. There’s NO WAY! She can’t POSSIBLY like Vegeta!" Yamucha yelled into the phone. "Gosh, quiet down!" Krillen told him, "I mean everyone could tell she liked him. I mean they even kissed at the club after you left..." Krillen trailed off as he realized that he had just ratted n Bulma. "She... kissed... him?" Yamucha asked, and he sounded kind of distant. "It took her almost three weeks before she would even think of kissing me..." he muttered. "Aw, man, I didn’t mean to let that slip..." Krillen said. "So, what, is this like the clique’s little secret? Huh?! That you wouldn’t even tell me, that my girlfriend was off slobbering over some- some- ape!!" Yamucha hollered. "Yamucha... she isn’t exactly your girlfriend anymore..." Krillen said. "So! You’re against me too. Aren’t you?" Yamucha accused. "No! I’m not against you! But I’m not with you, either. I’m neutral. I honestly don’t think Vegeta is a good idea for Bulma. But, I don’t think you are either!" Krillen said. "Humph. Well, Krillen old buddy old pal, if you won’t do this for me. You could at least do this to protect Bulma from Vegeta." Yamucha said with a smirk Krillen couldn’t see but he could hear it in Yamucha’s voice. "What are you talking about?" Krillen asked suspiciously. "You’re gonna have to interfere with this relationship I mean, just so that Bulma doesn’t make the mistake of getting involve with a guy like Vegeta..." Yamucha said innocently. "Yeah, okay, if it is just to stop Bulma from making a stupid mistake..." Krillen said. "Your a great friend to her Krillen." Yamucha said, with thoughts of getting his girl back running through his mind.

Conversation between Bulma, Chichi, and Goku on three way.

"Hello?" Bulma asked as she picked up an incoming call. "Bulma?" Goku asked. "Hey, Son-kun! I’m on the phone wit’ Chi right now. Hold on, and I’ll put you on three way." she said as she clicked on him for a second. Suddenly he was in the midst of their conversation. "Goku?" Chichi asked. "Yes." Goku responded. "So, what did he say!?" Bulma and Chichi both asked at the same time. "Uh... not a lot of nice things..." Goku said. "That’s Vegeta for ya. He never has anything nice to say." Bulma said almost adoringly. Chichi pretended to be gagging. "Oh, Shut up!" Bulma complained. "I just don’t know what you see in him..." Chichi said. "Know one knows what you saw in Goku, either!" Bulma yelled. "Hey!" Goku complained. "No offense Son-kun." Bulma said. "Ok." he replied happily. "Well, Bulma, Vegeta said that if you wanted to find out if he was mad you would have to call him yourself. That, and something about you being a purple haired bitch. But I’m sure he didn’t mean it!" Goku said trying to make up excuses for his friend. "He called me a what??" Bulma shrieked. "Wait, hold on. He said that she had to call him? Is he senseless? In no way would Bulma call that ass." Chichi said. "I don’t have his number, but if I did, I would call him." Bulma said. "NANI??" Chichi asked. "Just to give him a peace of my mind, that’s all." Bulma said. "Well, I have his number, of course, but you know if your going to call him just to curse him out..." Goku warned. "No! Give me his number." Bulma said, "I won’t curse him out, well not a lot, that is..." she muttered. "Good. I’ll give you his number. You’ll get him or his machine cuz he’s got his own line." Goku said. "Ok, sure. Give it to me." Bulma said eagerly. "What?" Chichi asked dejectedly, "What ever happened to playing hard to get?"

Conversation between Krillen and Juuhachi-gou.

"Hello?" Krillen asked. "Heh, baldy!" 17 exclaimed. "What do you want? You better not be calling for 18." 17 warned. "Uh... yeah I am..." Krillen said. "Well she’s not here, so why don’t you go to h-" 17 had started to say but was cut off when the phone was snatched away from him. "Krillen?" 18 asked. "Hey!" Krillen said glad not to have to converse with 17 any longer. "So, what’s up, chrome dome?" she asked affectionately. "Um, nothing much it’s just that I have this problem..." Krillen said. "What?" she asked, "and it better be important. Because I still have to paint my toenails and blow dry my hair." "Yamucha called me." he stated. "Huh?? That jerk? What’d he want?" she asked with venom in her voice. "Well, you know we got to talking and he told me that he broke up with Rae." he heard 18 gasp, "And, he told me that he realized that he really loves Bulma." "That’s hogwash." 18 sneered, "He doesn’t have a girlfriend now, and he’s feeling lonely so he thinks he can just up and use Bulma again. You told him off, right?" "Um, well, not really. I mean he sounded pretty sincere, and we came down to an agreement." Krillen said. "What, so now you’re making deals with the rat?" 18 asked. "Oh yeah! There’s some bad news. I kind of let it slip that Bulma and Vegeta did some spit swapping at the club on Saturday. It seems he didn’t know about it..." Krillen mumbled. "What?? Oh my Gosh! That was supposed to be kept on the DOWN LOW KRILLEN! Oooh! When Bulma hears this she’ll have your head on a platter! You and your big mouth, Krillen." 18 sighed. "I’m sorry, well Yamucha didn’t take that well." Krillen said. "Vegeta’s like his arch nemesis. Man, Krillen, you’ve got your self in a pickle.", 18 said. "I don’t like Vegeta much anyways... So, I kind of agreed to help Yamucha keep Bulma away from Vegeta..." he muttered again hoping 18 didn’t here, but she did. "Krillen..." she stuttered as if she were speechless. "That’s like treachery to your friends. You know that Bulma will only be happy with Vegeta. Not Yamucha trying to jump back in her life all of a sudden..." "Plus, if Vegeta finds out that you’re helping the ’asshole’ ,as he likes to call him, keep Bulma away from him, he’ll kick your scrawny little ass!" 18 laughed. "That’s NOT funny, 18!" Krillen yelled. "Well... You’re the one that got yourself into this predicament, not me. So, of course I can find it funny! Anyways, I’ll catch you later sweet cheeks." 18 said as she hung up. "Yeah thanks," Krillen said sarcastically, "You were loads of help, 18."

Conversation between Vegeta and Bulma.

*Ring ring* "Hello?" a feminine voice asked. "Uh, yeah, hello?" Bulma asked confusedly. "Who is this?" the girl asked. "Um, I think I have the wrong number..." Bulma said as she started to apologize. "I don’t think so. If your calling for Veggie-chan, you’ve got the right number." the girl responded. ‘Veggie-chan??’ Bulma asked herself. "Yeah, I’m calling for Vegeta." Bulma answered. "Really, lemme guess, you’re Bulma Briefs, right?" the girl asked. Bulma blinked surprised, "Um, yeah, but how did y-?" Bulma started but was cut off by the girl. "How’d I know about you? Veggie talks about you non-stop. And I’m not his girlfriend if you were wondering. I’m his cousin, Emi." Emi said happily. Bulma breathed a sigh of relief even though her cheeks were turning red. ‘He talks about me all the time?’ she thought happily. "Yeah, I’m his cousin from college, I’m gonna be spending the next three months over here. Guess what though," Emi giggled, " Just between us girls though, Veggie has a major crush on you! I mean extreme." Bulma gasped, "Really?!" she asked. She suddenly heard Vegeta’s voice, and he was yelling. "You little witch! What’re you talking about!? And WHO are you talking to?! Furthermore; WHAT THE HELL ARE YOU DOING ON MY PHONE!?" "God, chill out Veggie," she heard Emi said, "I was just talking to Bulma here, and telling her how much you are in love wit her since you’re too SHY to say it yourself!" she teased. "Uh... er..., is she still on the phone?" he asked. "Uh huh." Emi answered proudly. Bulma heard the phone being grabbed out of Emi’s hand. "Get out of here! And you better disappear before I come after you and pound you!" he threatened. "Gosh, so violent." Emi muttered as she stalked out of the room. "Um, hello?" Vegeta asked, and Bulma heard his voice squeak. She grinned. "I- uh..." Vegeta stuttered. "You don’t have to say anything. I am very flattered." Bulma said quietly. "Woman," Vegeta growled, "If you think that I really said-" Vegeta started but Bulma cut him off. "I don’t think Emi would make up all that stuff. And because you like me, don’t think it will have to crush your pride or reduce your macho-ness. I like you, too, you know. I like you a lot." she whispered. "Really?" Vegeta asked with his little sarcastic tone back. "And are you over your ex yet?" "Oh, of course!" Bulma said in a posh tone. Vegeta chuckled. "Woman, you are so weird. You’ve got all these freaky mood changes." "Yeah, and my mood suddenly went to pissed. I have a name, baka, and it’s Bulma. Would you like me to walk around calling you ’Man’ all the time. That is so sexist." she said angrily. "Alright! Alright! Bulma." he said. Bulma swooned, he sounded so cute when he wasn’t being a jerk. "Vegeta." Bulma said as she giggled. "You’re such a stupid woman." he said, but he didn’t say it in a mean way so Bulma wasn’t affected. "And you’re such a confusing guy." Bulma responded. "Humph, I’m not confusing I’m complex." he said. "What’s the difference?!" she asked as she laughed. Vegeta was quiet for a while then sighed. "I don’t think there is a difference." Bulma burst out laughing, but stopped when she heard a voice yell, "Vegeta!". "Uh... Who’s that." Bulma asked, confused. "My brother." Vegeta responded. "I didn’t know you had brother!" she exclaimed. "There’s a lot of shit you don’t know about me." "Vegeta, mom said that you still gottta do the dishes." she heard the voice taunt. "He’s 7." Vegeta stated. "Well I gotta go." Vegeta grumbled. Bulma smiled, she was about to crack up. "Ok, I’ll see you tomorrow at school,... Veggie-chan!" she giggled as she hung up. Before she did she heard Vegeta yell ‘Bitch!’ into the phone. She smirked as she clutched her cordless phone to her chest. ‘So... Does this mean we’re a thing, now?’ she asked herself happily as she flopped down on her and giggled happily to herself as she thought of tomorrow.

* * * * *

Beautiful, ne? This was like a phone call chap. and nothing more. (Have any of you seen the musical, ‘Bye Bye Birdie’ ? There’s a scene called telephone time or something and this reminds me of it.) Yes, Vegeta has a little brother and he’s the only one with a sibling. Well 18’s got one too, but well we all know who 17 is. I don’t know what Veggie’s mini me will be named... Why don't you guys give me some ideas? And that’s all. Feedback, please. Princess Panchii

 


Table of Contents
Chapter 8
Chapter 10A