Disclaimer: I don’t own DBZ or Akira Toriyama’s characters but I do own Emi, Rae, and Veggie’s lil bro. (Did ya’ll really think I would tell you his name? ~.^)

Hey! This is the 10th chapter! Hooray! (And B/v still haven’t officially hooked up yet. -_-) Well, surprise, surprise they’re getting close in this chapter! Angry readers scream, "NANI?? Getting close?? What’s taking you so long?!" Princess P says, "Patience is a virtue." ~.^ I didn’t think I’d have so many people give me ideas for Veggie head’s little brother’s name! Man I got like at least 20 different suggestions, which was a lot when I wasn’t even expecting to get any! Wow, what a turn out… Well, sorry to say, but I didn’t choose any of the names that were suggested. I mean thanks and all but I set my mind to thinking and got my heart set on one specific name. Might not be what you guys were hoping for, but I like it. Oh yeah, my computer’s working in full now… but chapter 10 had gotten ERASED magically so now I’m doing the chapter you’re reading now from scratch… To hell with computers! *Grumble * Princess Panchii -_-.

 

10A

 

Tuesday, (I don’t know why, but Tuesdays are my favorite days…)

Bulma and Chichi walk down the street. Bulma strolled with her hands behind her back staring at the sky wistfully. Chichi glanced at her with a look of disdain on her face. "Are you even listening to me?" asked Chichi angrily. Bulma glanced at her, "What were we talking about again?" she asked. "Argh!" Chichi growled. "Bulma you never pay attention to me!" "Yeah I do, just right now my mind is on other things…" Bulma trailed off. "Ugh, you’re a sick puppy." Chichi sighed. "I bet I can guess who you’re thinking of." Chichi said with a sly grin on her face. Bulma frowned at her friend. Chichi shrugged as they turned the corner.

"So are you going with him yet?" Chichi asked excitedly. "Well I don’t know. Doesn’t he have to ask me first? I mean cuz he didn’t." Bulma said in a confused tone. Chichi stopped and spun on her heel to look at Bulma. "What do you mean he didn’t ask you yet?" Chichi asked. "I thought you said you guys talked about your ‘feelings’ last night?" "Yeah, we admitted that we liked each other, but he didn’t come right out and say ‘I want to go out with you’." Bulma said as she frowned at Chichi. Chichi gave her a shocked look. "Well if he didn’t ask you out, then you guys aren’t going out!" Chichi exclaimed. "Well, Vegeta isn’t one to express his emotions like that. I don’t think he would want to go walking down the halls holding hands or giving me special desserts at lunch, like your Goku! I don’t think Vegeta would want to make our relationship public. He’s not an outgoing person, you know?" Bulma stated plainly. "You know a lot about this guy." Chichi said as they turned yet another corner. "Well, I have been sitting next to him in lunch since we were in 8th grade. But, there is a lot of stuff we don’t know about Vegeta. Did you know that he has a little brother and a cousin, Emi?" Bulma asked. "Well…" Chichi said thoughtfully, "I know that he has a mom and a dad, and I think I heard about his cousin once or twice, from Goku, but I never heard of a little brother. Why would his parents want a mini-me of Vegeta anyways?" "Well, the little kid’s seven. I couldn’t ask Vegeta about him because he had to wash the dishes or something like that. Vegeta’s so cute!" Bulma giggled. "Maybe to you." Chichi said as she stuck her nose in the air.

"Hey," Bulma said, "Isn’t that 18?" Chichi blinked, "Yeah that’s her, what’s she doing? She doesn’t usually walk to school." "Yeah." Bulma said, "And how come Krillen’s not with her?" "I don’t know, let’s go ask!" Chichi advised. They quickened their pace as 18 turned the corner. "Hey 18!" Chichi called out. The blond girl turned around.

"Hey Chichi, Bulma." 18 said in her usual monotone voice, "What are you guys doing walking anyways?" "Well," Chichi said as she grinned at Bulma. "We’re walking so we can buy time for Bulma. She and Vegeta had a little ‘conversation’ last night and now they’ve confessed their love for each other." Chichi said as she giggled. Bulma glared at Chichi. "So," 18 said, "are you and the vegetable a thing now?" she asked. Bulma blushed, "It’s not like that 18! Umm, I honestly don’t know though. I mean he didn’t ask me out yet, but still he did say he liked me. So does he have to ask me out, 18?" Bulma asked. "I don’t know." 18 said as she shrugged. Suddenly Juunana-gou came around the corner. "Hey, 18! What’s the hold up?" he asked as he focused on the three girls. "Oh, I see that you’ve got you’re two cute little friends along, too. You know, Bulma and Chichi, the offer for that threesome with me still stands open." He said as he smirked. Chichi growled angrily and Bulma gave him the finger. He humphed and stuck his tongue out at them. "Get out of here, 17. Gosh you guys are so immature." 18 complained. "Well, I’ll leave, but you’ll be late, 18." 17 said. "Yeah, then we’ll be late together." 18 said. "Whatever." 17 said as he stuck his fists in his pockets and trudged up the street. "Your brother’s a major jerk!" Bulma complained. "True. And I have to live with him!" 18 exclaimed. "Hee hee!" Bulma and Chichi laughed.

"Hey, why are you not walking wit chrome dome?" Bulma asked. "That retard is always late! I told him to meet me at my house, but he didn’t show, and I didn’t want to be late, so I walked." "Juuhachi-gou!!" they heard a voice yell. Bulma and Chichi spun around, but 18 just pressed her fingers to the bridge of her nose, angrily. Krillen ran up next to the three girls, panting heavily. "I ran all the way from your house to here, 18." Krillen said as he gasped for breath. "Oh, really?" she asked sarcastically. "Well, I don’t care. You were late and that’s that." 18 said as she turned her nose up in the air and increased her pace. Bulma and Chichi ultimately followed her example, which left Krillen sadly dragging himself along behind the three girls. On the way up the street they ran into 17, who was flirting with some girl in a shop. He glanced in their direction and narrowed his eyes when he saw Krillen. He marched over to them and picked Krillen up by the collar. 18 made no attempt to stop him. "I thought I made it clear that I don’t want you hanging around my sister anymore!" 17 yelled. "Well, 17," 18 said in a bored tone, "he is my boyfriend. Why shouldn’t he be allowed to hang around me??" 17 glanced at his sister, who did not look impressed with him. "Well." She said. "Well what?" 17 asked. "Drop him!" 18 informed. 17 grudgingly did so. "Now, hopefully we can make it to school with out any violence." Chichi said. Bulma sweat dropped. "Hopefully." Bulma said as she watched 17 give Krillen a warning shove. The 5 started up the street.

Vegeta and Goku’s drive to school

Today was Goku’s day to drive to school. Vegeta sat slumped down in the passenger seat with his arms crossed. "Honestly Kakarot, I don’t know why you decided to drive so slow today!" Vegeta yelled. "What’s the matter Vegeta? Are you in a hurry to meet someone?" Goku teased. "Kakarot," Vegeta said as he closed his eyes angrily, "I don’t think you know what you’re talking about." "Oh of course I do, Vegeta!" Goku laughed, "You like Bulma, and you want to ask her out, but don’t know how." He stopped and since Vegeta didn’t say anything, he decided to continue. "Well, I think that all you have to do is ask her. I mean you don’t have to do anything special, because she doesn’t expect much from you. But I know you would like to top what Yamucha did to ask her out…" Goku said.

Vegeta raised an eyebrow, "What did the asshole do for her?" Vegeta asked. "Just out of curiosity…" Vegeta said. "Well, I mean everyone knew about it… He gave her a huge brown teddy bear, a box of chocolates and a dozen roses. That was just in eighth grade though. Every time they would break up, he would get her something even better when they got back together again. I honestly don’t know where the guy got all that money from…" Goku said. "What do you think could top the last gift he gave her?" Vegeta asked as he conspicuously stared out the window trying to avoid Goku. Goku smirked, "Well, last time he took her to a five star restaurant on a cruise ship. When he got tickets he told me that they had cost 175 dollars each." Vegeta whistled, "Why would he spend so much money on her?" Vegeta asked. "Now don’t go back to putting her down again. She won’t like you anymore." Goku warned. "Heh, that woman seems like she can’t get enough of me." Vegeta said as he smirked. "She has never been so truly mad that she didn’t want to speak to me. I guess you can say I’m ‘irresistible’, eh?" Vegeta asked. "I can say that you’re a little too full of yourself. You know what you and Bulma have in common?" Goku asked. "What?" Vegeta responded. "You both have the same tempers and you both are unbelievably stuck up. I don’t mean that as a bad thing, but you two think you’re better than everyone else, you know." Goku said.

"Well, I am better than a lot of people in that school. And the woman isn’t that bad either." Vegeta said. Goku sweat dropped. "Heh, you and Bulma are really alike." "Well, she is the only one worthy of complimenting." Vegeta said. Goku smirked, "You’ve got it for her bad, eh?", he asked. Vegeta frowned at Goku but then decided that there was no reason to front, Goku already knew that he was majorly crushin’ on Bulma. Goku pulled into the West Capital High school’s parking lot. Goku sat up on the back seat with his head poking out of the top of his car since it was a convertible. "Hmm… I don’t see Bulma or Chichi’s cars around anywhere…" he said confusedly. "Oh great, so they’re not here yet?" Vegeta asked. "Nope, I don’t think so." Goku said as he slid back into the car. "Well, as long as we’re waiting for them… Let’s talk about what you’re buying Bulma." Goku said. "Do I have to buy something for the wench?" Vegeta asked. "Well, as I said, you don’t have to. But you should if you want her to forget about Yamucha…" Goku said innocently, even though he knew that that one would get Vegeta fired up. "Humph! Maybe I should get her some jewelry?" Vegeta asked. "And chocolate! Bulma just loves chocolate!" Goku exclaimed. Vegeta gave Goku a passive glance, "I’m not stupid, Kakarot. I know that the only reason you want me to get Bulma chocolates is because you want to eat them. Besides, I don’t want my woman getting fat." Vegeta said.

"Your woman, eh?" Goku asked. "Yeah, well since she got rid of the asshole, I think she needs someone to make her feel safe." Vegeta said cockily. "Uh…" Goku said. "Well, anyway! Back to what Bulma would want. I know she likes stuffed animals!" "Is that Bulma or is it you who likes stuffed animals?" Vegeta asked. "Nope! Bulma likes the stuffed animals. She has a bunch in her room!!" Goku protested. "What were you doing in that woman’s room, Kakarot?" Vegeta asked with eyes narrowed. "Well," Goku laughed nervously, "Back in 8th grade, when you and Bulma were on a war path she invited me and Chichi over to do a project and she let us go up to her room. But, I mean, wow! That girl has a lot of ‘em! She probably has one for every day of the year!" Vegeta stuck out his tongue. "Man that’s just scary!" Vegeta exclaimed. "Well, then I guess it’s a huge teddy bear, and some chocolate." Vegeta said. "What happened to the jewelry?" Goku asked. "Well, I thought that if I bought her that she might think I was proposing to her or something!" Vegeta yelled. "Well, let’s continue this later, cuz here comes Bulma and Chichi." Goku said as he watched the two girls stroll through the parking lot with 18, Krillen and 17 behind them.

Goku and Vegeta jumped out of the car. "Hey! Chichi!" Goku called. Everyone looked in his direction. Bulma immediately stopped in her tracks and blushed when she laid her eyes on Vegeta. He was trudging towards them with his eyes down cast and his hands in his pockets. Chichi noticed Bulma’s reaction and frowned slightly to herself. "Hey, Vegeta!" Bulma greeted. Vegeta’s head shot up and Bulma saw his cheeks take on a slight rosy color. He nodded towards her. Bulma was about to say something when she heard someone calling her name. "Bulma!" the voice called again. "Huh?" Bulma asked. Everyone looked to see Yamucha running towards them. A lot of people’s eyes narrowed. The only one’s who didn’t look mad were Bulma and Goku and 17 because he didn’t know what was going on. Yamucha came in front of Bulma, purposefully blocking her view of Vegeta. "Bulma, I really need to talk to you." Yamucha said. Bulma narrowed her eyes angrily. "It’s important. And could we do it in private?" he asked as he looked at all the angry faces. "Heh. You must be crazy to think that I would go anywhere with you!" Bulma said. "In other words:" Vegeta said as he came around Yamucha, "she doesn’t want anything to do wit you."

Yamucha growled at the shorter guy and Vegeta growled right back. Bulma put a hand in between them. "Since we’re not a ‘couple’ anymore, I don’t think there’s anything left to share in private. If you’ve got something to tell me, you tell me right here, right now, in front of my friends." Bulma dared. Yamucha frowned at her, but got even angrier when he stared at the crowd of his former friends. "Why do you have to be such a bitch, Bulma?" Yamucha asked angrily. "Huh? The only bitches that I know are you and Rae." Bulma said as she smirked. 17 and Krillen snickered. "Good one." Vegeta said. Bulma smiled at him. Yamucha frowned again. ‘I’m losing this!’ he thought to himself, ‘She won’t even pay attention to me. It’s all about that stupid ape to her.’ "Bulma I still love you." Yamucha confessed. "Hah!" Bulma scoffed, "Are? Yamucha you are so pitiful. Get the hell out of here you little fuck." She growled at him, "I would never ever go back to a jerk like you!" She felt tears threaten to fall when she though about how stupid she had been to ever stay with him so long. She felt 18’s comforting hand on her shoulder. Chichi placed her hand on the small of Bulma’s back and started to lead her friend into the building. She left 18 and Bulma in the main hallway and turned back to Yamucha. "YOU!" she seethed as she pointed her finger accusingly in his face, "Get the all too obvious clue! She will never be back in your life. And you’re stupid to think that she doesn’t already know that the only reason you want her back is because Rae probably broke up with YOU, not the other way around!! And if you think that for one minute that I’ll let you hurt my friend, boy, you’ve got another thing coming, if you know what I mean!!" she threatened. Yamucha gulped nervously. He knew exactly what she meant. 18 and her would kick his ass.

Chichi turned her glare on the rest of the group. "Goku! Vegeta! Krillen!" she yelled as she looked at each one. "Get inside the school this instant. You’re going to be late." She said as she calmed down. Chichi marched off with the three boys following her. "Uh, well, I guess we’ll see you around. " Goku said nervously but immediately shut his mouth when Chichi glared at him. Goku immediately ran inside the school building. "Well, I didn’t know that you broke up with Bulma. How’d you happen to let that one go? I mean it’s pretty obvious that Bulma and Vegeta are feeling each other." Juunana-gou said to Yamucha. "You don’t think I know that dumb ass?!" Yamucha asked. 17 humphed. "Well, I know that they don’t like me, but at least I don’t have a bunch of super tough girls hating me! You better watch your back." 17 warned. Yamucha growled and stalked off into the school building.

At lunch later on in the day.

Bulma and Chichi were strolling down the hall, not in any real hurry to get to lunch. "Hmm, so do I sit next to Vegeta? I mean, I will, cuz that’s where I always sit, but what should I talk about and should I act different?" Bulma asked. Chichi didn’t have a clue. "See, the problem with this relationship is that it is unbelievably ironic! Who would have ever thought: Bulma and Vegeta??" Chichi asked excitedly. Bulma grinned happily. "It gives me an absolutely warm and fuzzy feeling inside." They heard a sarcastic voice say. Bulma and Chichi spun around to see Vegeta right behind them. "Oh. Um…" Chichi said embarrassedly. ‘Vegeta probably heard everything I said…’ she thought to herself. "Woman," Vegeta said as he turned to Bulma, "I want to talk to you." Bulma looked around as if looking for the person he was talking to. "Yes, Woman, you." He said angrily. Bulma narrowed her eyes at him, "The name’s BULMA! Get it right you prick!" she yelled. Vegeta smirked as he rolled his eyes. He grabbed her wrist. "Tell your friend to get out of here." Vegeta said. "Uh, I guess I’ll see you in the cafeteria then, Chi." Bulma said. "Okay." Chichi said. "Tell me all about it." Chichi whispered as she walked past Bulma. Bulma grinned.

"Come to my locker." Vegeta said as he tugged on her arm. "Why?" she asked. "Cuz I want to give you something." He said as he frowned. ‘Why is she making this so difficult?’ He asked himself, ‘I mean it’s hard enough to ask her to go out with me in the first place…’ "Please?" he asked after seeing her reluctant look. "Ok." She shrugged. ‘He’s so cute. I bet he wants to ask me to go with him. I hope he asks me.’ Bulma thought excitedly. As they approached Vegeta’s locker Bulma could see Goku standing with something behind his back. Bulma raised an eyebrow. "Kakarot." Vegeta said. Goku took the clue and presented a huge purple Sanrio type stuffed animal to Bulma and a box of Belgian chocolates. She gasped. "Is this all for me?" she asked. "Well, I wouldn’t buy this dumb stuffed toy for myself." Vegeta said. Bulma didn’t even note the sarcasm in his voice as she threw her arms around Vegeta’s neck. "Oh, that’s so sweet! Thank you, veggie-chan!" she exclaimed. She unattached herself from Vegeta. Vegeta looked shocked. "Gimme!" she said as she opened her hands to Goku. He handed the gifts over to her.

"Ooooh!" Bulma said as she hugged the animal, "Vegeta this is so cute! When did you have time to buy this?" "I skipped out on third period." Vegeta said. ‘Wow, she’s really beautiful.’ Vegeta thought to himself. "So… Well, I- um…" Vegeta started. "You?" Bulma asked as she cuddled the toy. Vegeta looked behind her and saw Goku cheering him on. "Just wanted to know, if you wanted to go with me. Like being my girlfriend." Vegeta choked out as she blushed. Bulma grinned as she came up next to him. "Of course I will." She said as she gave him a small kiss on his cheek. "Uh… maybe you wanna put that in your locker? I’ll see you in lunch!" he said as he nervously turned and quickly walked to the cafeteria.

"Mmmm," Bulma said as she smiled, "he’s so cute." She turned to a grinning Goku. "Hey, Son-kun. Why’d Vegeta buy all this stuff for me?" she asked Goku confusedly. "Heh. Well, I told Vegeta that Yamucha had given you a lot of expensive stuff when he had asked you out. I didn’t think Vegeta would buy that since he was sort of there when Yamucha had asked you out. I guess people do crazy things when they’re in love." Goku said. Bulma laughed. "Come on. Let’s get to lunch, I can hear your stomach growling!" Bulma said as she walked to her locker. "Ok, but, well you know. I’m still shocked. Why’d you say yes to Vegeta so quick?" Goku asked. Bulma opened her locker and tried to stuff the toy in. "Well, I’m madly in love with him." Bulma said sarcastically. Goku blinked. "Aha!" Bulma cheered as she finally fixated her toy in the locker. "No really, I think he’s absolutely adorable and I like him a lot. Tell him just that if he asks you." She said as she grinned at her reflection in the mirror of her locker. She slammed the door shut. "Come on, before the period’s over!" Bulma told him as she ran down the hall.

When Bulma walked in she gasped. Yamucha was sitting at their table again, along with Juunana-gou. She turned around to look at Goku. "Oh, yeah, I forgot to mention that. I sort of invited Yamucha and 17 to our lunch table while we were in Gym… I’m sorry." Goku said. "Son Goku!" Bulma growled, "17’s okay, but I WILL NOT sit in the same table with Yamucha!!" "Bulma, don’t hold a grudge. You’re going with Vegeta now, so why should you worry if Yamucha’s still alive? I mean, he’s been our friend for years, and even though he isn’t with you in a romantic way, you can still be somewhat pleasant around him." Goku said. He actually sounded smart. Bulma pouted, "I guess you’re right." She strutted to the table where a conversation was going on. She sat down next to Vegeta, which put her next to Yamucha. Everyone stopped to see what she would say. "Hiya Yamucha." Bulma said as she sat down trying her best to force a smile on her face. ‘She’s talking to me?’ Yamucha asked himself, ‘I better take advantage of this. Can’t let Vegeta get to her first.’ "Hi, Wassup?" he asked. "Nothing. You?" she asked. "I’m fine." He said cautiously. "That’s nice. Anyway, Chichi, I’ve got something really important to tell you." Bulma said as she got up and went around to Chichi’s side of the table. Chichi grinned and turned towards Bulma. All conversation continued at the table while Bulma whispered happily in Chichi’s ear. "What! Vegeta asked you to go with him??" Chichi asked happily and loudly. Everyone’s heads shot up. Yamucha’s jaw dropped, 18 and Krillen smirked and Vegeta frowned. Bulma smacked her forehead. "Oops!" Chichi said. "Well, Congratulations for you two, I guess." 17 said. Bulma ginned and Vegeta banged his head on the table.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Sorry, but I had to cut this short. It’s gonna be a two parter, cuz the other half of this story takes place later on in the day and I didn’t want to make a jump from lunch to, like 7 or something. I think part 10b might be rather short. Vegeta’s brother will pop up in Chapter 10b, I PROMISE!! That’s that, Princess p. (Go read Unbreakable!!) And remember, I want feedback!!


Table of Contents
Chapter 9
Chapter 10B