*~ Standard Disclaimers Apply ~*

Author's Notes: Okay, I decided to write this as early as I could since I don't have better things to do, so here ya go, the part five of I2I. Well, I do hope that you would like this story, 'cuz I think every chapter gets more boring, oh well, is it just me or it's true?.

Anyway, on with the story.. ne? btw, assassin, I finally did what you suggested, someone's gonna hit Prince Vegeta.. ^_^;; but i think it became more of a drama instead of angst.

*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

CHAPTER V - THE HISTORY BETWEEN TWO WORLDS

 

As days passed Bulma finally grew on the Prince, even though they're still arguing with each other alot and insulting each others strong and weak points, but they've grown a little bit close. The prince allowed himself to get attached to this female a bit, since he's feeling a bit strange when he's with her. It's like having a second part of himself.

:: That line was familiar.. :: Prince Vegeta thought as he was seated quietly on Harino-sensei's class, :: I'm sure I have read the meaning of that feeling before, what was it? ::

His thoughts were interrupted by the nudging of someone of his elbow, he turned his head towards the source, placing an angry scowl on his face, "What do you want?!," he hissed, as he turned.

He was greeted by a warm smile that seems to melt everything in contact, "Well, you seem distracted.. tell me about it later okay?," Bulma whispered back.

Vegeta just grunted. He couldn't believe that this lowly female would be the one to understand him the most. She's just a fiery as him, and as temperamental, maybe that's why. But even though he's grown close to Bulma it doesn't mean that he has to be close to Bulma's loud-mouthed friend, which he believed was named, Cyan.

At last, the day was over once again, Bulma quickly rushed to his side, "Hey, we would be finishing our project today~!, aren't you happy?," she asked enthusiastically.

Vegeta groaned. He was partly happy and partly sad about it, finishing the project would mean less time with the good-natured, loud-mouthed, baka Chikyuu brat, but that would also mean more space for him, and even though, he partly liked her hanging around him, he wouldn't ask her to be with him, once this project was finished.

"Well, you could at least pretend to be happy about it, Saiyajin no Ouji~!," she said, sarcastically saying the 'Prince' part.

"Hey Bulma-chan, Vegeta-kun~!," a cheery voice broke out from the class, it was undoubtedly Cyan, "matte~!"

Bulma waved back to her friend and gave Vegeta a glare that was saying 'don't be mean or else..', Vegeta just snickered, Bulma however has an uncanny talent of knowing his thoughts, his likes or dislikes, and that was one reason why he *permitted* her to hang around him. She understands him better than his father.

Cyan gasped for breath once she reached them.

:: Pathetic little weakling :: Prince Vegeta thought, :: much more pathetic than the onna herself ::.

Bulma smiled at her best friend, "What's up Cyan? I heard you still aren't finished with your project.. do you need some help?,"

Grinning back, Cyan shook her head, "No, just wanted to ask you where you two will be going--,"

Vegeta interrupted her, feeling terribly annoyed with the girl, "Well, it's none of your business~!," he snapped.

Cyan widened her eyes in shock, and Bulma turned to him, "Why you~!, how could you!," then she turned towards Cyan, "Now.. now.. don't mind him, he's just... like that,"

Vegeta snorted.

Mumbling her apology, Cyan ran back towards her own partner. Bulma sighed and turned to the Prince, "now shall we go? it's getting pretty late..," she said, looking at her watch.

"Oh!," Bulma said excitedly and looked at Vegeta evilly, "I heard that saiyajins know to fly, do you?,"

:: Is this a trick question? :: Vegeta thought, "Well, every saiyajins do know that stupid little thing," :: baka onna is up to something ::

Bulma smiled sweetly at him, "Well, it would make our trip faster, instead of walking, right?..,"

Vegeta sighed in exasperation, now the onna has declared her objectives. He floated up in mid-air. He turned to look at Bulma who's still standing there looking at him in awe.

"Well?, what are you waiting for?, c'mon!," he prepared to blast off when he realized that Bulma wasn't moving, "Well, you know how to fly, do you?,"

Bulma tapped her foot across the marble floor, "Well, that was what I'm getting to, I don't know how to fly,"

Vegeta groaned in protest but carried Bulma anyway. He hefted li'l Bulma on his arms and started to fly across the corridors at an immense speed, "This is fun, we should do this often.." Bulma said enthusiastically.

"You know what?," Vegeta started.

Bulma turned to look at him, "why?,"

"You're heavy, I think you're fat," he stated.

"NANI?!, I'm not heavy~!," she protested noisily.

Vegeta just smiled secretly, it looks like he finally got a friend.

*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

After a five minutes of flying, they finally reached Vegeta's room in no time. Bulma hopped down from Vegeta's arm, "That was lotsa fun~!, care to do it again?," she asked imploringly.

"...?..," Vegeta just stared incredulously at the young onna, :: isn't she afraid of all the saiyajins? we're killers, murderers.. better not think about it first :: he thought as he entered his pass code on the door.

"Hey Veggie-chan~!, I want to fly with you again!!," she said as she tugged on his royal cape.

"Whatever," was his only response and even saying that word, it sent Bulma springing and yelping happy words, Vegeta couldn't figure out, :: must've been Chikuu-jin language, very complex to deal with too.. :: he thought as the door swung open.

Bulma rushed towards the room even before Vegeta could set a foot inside *his* room, Bulma fluffed herself down the huge mattress and looked at the night stand. There seemed to be a picture painting on top of it.

"Hey.. who's this woman? she's really pretty..," Bulma complemented, picking the picture painting up, and running delicate fingers on it, ravishing the roughness of the canvas used. Observing with her keen eyes the black haired beauty on the painting, the woman has large expressive black eyes, accompanied with a little dainty nose and a full lush red lips. She was simply an artist's ideal model.

Vegeta sat on the other corner of the bed, not looking at Bulma, "She's my father's mate..," he said silently, hiding some sprinkles of sadness on his voice, the kind of sadness Bulma could understand..

:: He's lonely.. just like me, :: she thought as she crawled towards him bringing the painting with her.

"Well, since it's already late, would you mind telling me more about yourself?," she asked.

"It's none of your business~!," he snapped, he despised this feeling of weakness, this loneliness he still feels inside his heart.

:: Wait, saiyajins have no heart, we're merciless, :: he thought, but he pushed everything away and turned towards Bulma, "Okay, since you asked for it, I might as well tell you, but if you dare to say a word to that loud-mouthed friend of yours you'll be dead the next minute," he threatened, even though he knew he couldn't kill her, she was his first *friend*.

Bulma nodded, not believing his threat.

Vegeta started his story, "Well, my mother died.. when I was 2 yrs. old, my father killed her,"

Bulma gasped, "Your father?.. he killed his own wife?... why?,"

"because she was found just talking to another saiyajin which happens not to be a palace guard, so father thought she was having affair with the saiyajin,"

Bulma just nodded for him to continue.

"So there, that's the reason why she died," Vegeta finished, "well, how about you? how did you get here?... well, I do remember you crying on the aircraft landing place crying like a baby..,"

Bulma smacked him on the head, "Err.. well, they sent me here.. I mean, my dad sent me here, since it's part of some kind of treaty between Vegeta-sei and Chikyuu..,"

"....."

There was a long silence and then suddenly, the door opened, and the King stepped inside, "Vegeta~! You need to--- what's the meaning of this?! why is there some lowly chikyuu female on your ROOM?!,"

Vegeta's eyes snapped to his father's angry ones, but he didn't explain, he didn't want to explain, he hated his father too much to explain, besides, he wouldn't understand.

His own father threw him a medium sized ball of ki, and it hit Vegeta square on his stomach, he doubled over the bed,

The King's voice boomed across the room, "Have you been soft already?! you should have been training and getting ready for being the future king instead being with this petty no-class onna~!," at that, he left the room and closed the door with a noisy slam.

Bulma rushed towards Vegeta, "Hey, are you okay? is he really that mean?.., oh gee.. you're bruised!," she panicked and hefted the *quite* heavy Vegeta on his bed.

"Don't worry about me, that's usual," he said, gritting his teeth in pain, the ki-ball hit him quite seriously. But he was the Prince, for Vegeta-sei's sake, he could take anything like this.

"you should leave," he told Bulma, "He'll kill you once he saw you again here,"

Bulma looked at his coal black eyes worriedly, and then knew that he only wanted her not to be hurt, "Okay, take care, be back tomorrow.. ja~!," at that she rushed out of the room, carrying her book bag with her.

"I'll see you tomorrow~," she whispered to herself as she ran towards her quarters.

--- end of Chapter Five --

... TO BE CONTINUED ...


Table of Contents
Chapter 4
Chapter 5B