DISCLAIMERS: I don't own any of these DBZ characters, so therefore I don't take any illegal ownership on them, I just know that Akira Toriyama is the only one who made these.. ^_^ and maybe FUNimation too.

Author's Notes: Okay, here is the fourth chapter of I2I with more chibi B/V cuteness.. ^_^ and btw, thanks for Karla for some suggestions.. and to Assassin who gave me suggestions about getting Frieza into the story.. I'll try to do that somewhere near the ending.. :Þ since they're still children here.

*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

CHAPTER IV - The Mask

 

A week after the said incident Vegeta remained quiet and passive than usual, he pays no attention to Harino-sensei and thank gods, Harino-sensei keeps his own sanity and knew his own place too well not to yell at the prince.

Bulma, however, was another case.. she's spaced out today and their professor notices that, "Well, what do you think, Ms. Briefs?," Harino-sensei's voice boomed inside the room.

Bulma staggered on her seat, shifting uncontrollably, she doesn't heard the question.. though.., "I-uh.. don't know..," Bulma whispered.

Harino-sensei sighed in exasperation, "If you had listened, you would know the answer.. next time, pay more attention to class, Ms. Briefs, one more incident like this, you'll be suspended for a week,"

Bulma just bowed her head in understanding, "I know,"

The Teacher then turned his attention to the whole class, "Okay, since, we're not having assignments these days, i want you to come up with a very good inventory project, but you should have a partner in doing this project..,"

Many students smiled and whispered at each other, even Cyan, "Hey Bulma-chan, would you be my partner?,"

But as soon as Bulma was about to say yes, Harino-sensei continued his speech, ".. however, I would be the one to choose your partner,"

Everyone, inwardly groaned, well, not everyone.. like the Prince.

Harino-sensei, proceded to partner the pupils, with the other pupils, until he reached Bulma's name, "Well, it seems that Ms. Briefs would be Prince Vegeta's partner..," he said, although, inwardly, he's approving.. since, he notices the change that Bulma could bring to the Prince.

Prince Vegeta smirked, quirking one eyebrow, "I get stuck with this lowly female no-class Chikyuu baka?," he sneered at Bulma.

Bulma tried to maintain her temper, but it seemed impossible, "Why you little huge-foreheaded freak, listen to me, you should feel lucky that you're with me, since i know you couldn't even assemble simple mechanical parts yourself,"

Slamming his fist on the table, Prince Vegeta stood up, glaring at the blue-haired girl menacingly, "I do know that simple idiotic thing~!,"

Bulma just stared back and snorted, "Ofcourse, you do, you're the most superior being on Vegeta-sei, right?," she said sarcastically.

Vegeta fumed, clenching his fists on his side, "Fine. You could be my partner, just don't be too stupid.. and loud-mouthed," ha said crossing his arms.

Veins popping out from Bulma's forehead, she aleady get herself ready to tackle the prince, "Why you little--," she started but was stopped by a hand on her shoulder, Harino-sensei.

Their teacher just shook his head and Bulma calmed down... a bit.

:: You got away from me today.. Vegeta-ouji :: Bulma thought as she seat herself on her stool.

*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

"Can't believe that you're partners with the Prince, " Cyan gushed, enthusiastically, "That would be fun~!,"

"Yeah right, it's like thinking for a project and an argument's sparring lesson packed in one, yeah, right.. it would lotsa fu~n," she said sarcastically.

"Hey, you don't need to be so sarcastic," Cyan said objectively.

Bulma just flashed her a weak grin, "Sorry,"

Waving her off, Cyan stopped on the door of her room, "Oh well, i should really be going now, ja~," she said as she closed softly the door.

Bulma looked down on the floor, and noticed the paintings again,

:: Wars, blood, killing, will they be able to stop... ?, I just wish i could do something for this matter when I grow up, :: she thought as memories of Chikyuu flashed across her mind, :: I couldn't even remember now how dad looks like, ::

Sighing, she finally reached her own room and entered the door passcode, once she entered them, the door opened instantly and she stepped inside, flinging herself on her bed.

"Tomorrow, I'll tell Vegeta, we'd better start on our project.. what have i done wrong to be sentenced on being his unfortunate partner, " she said morosely on her pillow, :: But then, I would be able to have a chance knowing him well :: her logical thought sided.

"Oh well, better wait until tomorrow," she whispered as she drifted to sleep.

*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

The next day drifted fast enough, and Bulma couldn't even remember what happened. She finally stood up from her seat and came towards the Prince.

"Hey, mind if we start today? I already have an idea..," she told him calmly, even though she knew that she would only be rewarded by an insult or a groan, but she was wrong, Vegeta answered him.

"We could do ours on my room, I have things we might need for this..," he said, not looking at her.

Grinning, Bulma nodded, she was ecstatic since she haven't been on a royal room before.

Prince Vegeta looked at her in a sideway glance, and noticed that she was grinning, he held back a snicker, it was obvious that she haven't seen any royal places on Vegeta-sei, ".. Just be sure, ours would be the best,"

"You could count on it, with me as your partner," Bulma said proudly.

Vegeta gathered his own things and left the room, with Bulma trailing not far behind. She was looking through the glass-corridor which was the mark of the separation of the royal rooms from the common rooms, the 'glass-corridor' as they call it, and it certainly fits the name, since the floor, the walls and the ceiling were made of glass with a few sprinkles of gold dust. The corridor seems magnificent.

:: How much more if we finlly arrived on the planet's Prince's room?.. i bet his room would be grand, :: she thought as she continued to stare.

Her silence was broken by a mere greeting of someone for the prince, when she took a peek, it was Vargas, the King's adviser which she recently met.

Bulma rushed at his side, "Vargas-san~!," she said, looking up to the man.

Vargas was surprised to see that the prince has company and to find out that it was none other than the little girl he had bumped into not long ago, "Why, it is you Bulma-tenshi," he ssiad, ruffling Bulma's blue hair.

Prince Vegeta just snickered, "The only angel that would suit her is to be the angel of loud-mouthed bakas,"

Bulma gave him a glare but just ignored him eventually, "Well, we were going to get some project done, Vargas-sama,"

Vargas smiled at the little girl, "That's good, now if you would excuse me, Vegeta-ouji and Bulma-tenshi, I must go now," at that Vargas left Bulma with the snickering prince.

"Shut up," Bulma told Vegeta and miraculously, the Prince didn't argue with her, they just continued walking.

They seemed to be walking for hours and finally the Prince stopped, before him was the largest door Bulma had seen on her entire short lived life. Not to mention that even the door were filled with gold and Vegeta-sei's symbols and writings, which Bulma barely knew.

"Is this..," Bulma gaped, amazed by just the *door*.

Prince Vegeta nodded, "This is my room, come," he told her as he pushed his own door's passcode on the left side of the grand door.

Bulma could hardly contain her amazement and let her eyes wander around her surroudings, and to much of her amazement, there was two larger doors aside from the one she was facing, the one on her left and the other on her back. She observed the designs and the carved symbols along the side of the walls. Every inch of it were well-made and distinctly flourished.

"Hey, onna, you coming inside or just stay there?," Vegeta said, breaking Bulma's reverie. Bulma could just groan as response.

"Fine. I'm coming.. " Bulma said. She won't let herself be intimidated by him~!

Furious as to how he treated her, she was just opening her mouth to say something when she realized the exquisite beauty around her, full of luxuries life has to offer, she gaped for the second time.

"Is this your room?," she asked, walking towards the wall-size window, peering through it, she could see Vegeta-sei's metropolis. She became to entranced by the view that she let herself be taken up by her emotions, her deep sadness... her longing for comfort.

:: Such a beautiful planet, so advanced.. yet.. so mean, taking everything they want, killing anyone.., what has become of this planet, otousan.. i miss you, already.. what i can't give to have a chance to go back, :: she thought as her crystal blue eyes roamed around the city to its landscapes, a single tear fell down to her snow-white skin, and then another one, until she was quietly sobbing, unable to control her emotions.

Tapping his foot, Prince Vegeta turned towards Bulma, "Onna--," he stopped, he could see a sobbing little girl instead of the hard headed girl he once saved, he hated to see someone crying, to be so vulnerable.. especially if it was a girl.

Slowly, Bulma turned towards the Prince, letting him see how sad she'd been on *his* planet, how miserable and lonely she has been and this shocked the prince.

Vegeta slowly walked towards Bulma and stopped on front of her, he fumbled something on his pockets and produced a silk handkerchief which he gave to Bulma, "Stop crying," he said, it was not a command, he said it calmly and softly, very contrast to his other mean self.

Bulma gratefully accepted the little soft material and mumbled her thanks before blowing her nose on it.

Prince Vegeta snorted, "Oh great, my favorite handkerchief was ruined~!,"

Sniffling, Bulma turned towards Vegeta and couldn't help but giggle, the whole situation was funny. Prince Vegeta just glared at her, but he couldn't stop a little smile forming on his lips.

Bulma saw this and she felt good, she now know that the prince was somewhat emotionally *human* afterall. She finally saw his true self behind the thick mask he often wears. She slowly stood up and pasted a cheerful grin on her face, and turned towards the prince.

"Eh?," she asked, noting the questioning look of the Prince.

"Why?," she asked again.

"You have that kind of slimey and gooey thing on you nose.. yuck~!, baka onna has something gooey~!," The prince teased.

Running towards a mirror, she checked her reflection... and found nothing, her reflection was A+ okay nothing gooey was there. Furious that she was tricked by the Prince, nonetheless, she stormed into the room where Vegeta was.

"Why you jerk~! you lied to me," she said between clenched teeth and fist.

Vegeta crossed his arms and let an expression other that indignancy overcome him, "Well, you look a little less ugly when you're not being a crybaby," he said.

Bulma opened her mouth to say something, but nothing came out.

Vegeta flashed her a glare, "But don't think something else, I still think that you're a low stupid no-class chikyuu brat,"

Glaring back, but unable to keep her face away from it's growing cheekiness, Bulma turned to him, "Fine. I still think that you're a big, superior class of a jerk,"

"Fine. So could we start with this idiotic project? so we could finish it much much early, the sooner we finish this baka thing, the better it is," he said.

"it's pretty okay with me, so could you please hand me these things?," Bulma commanded, as she handed him a piece of paper.

Vegeta-ouji stared back at her incredulously, "Are you commanding me?,"

Bulma grinned, "Please?.,"

At that Vegeta snatched the paper and looked at it, and finally disappeared on the recesses of his room, and finally emerging with an armload of things. He finally dropped all the things and they landed with a loud racket.

Bulma checked the things, "A thin metal sheet.. right here, a preserved cellulite.. right.. now where is that..,"

After a minute or two, she finally stood up and faced Vegeta, "well, hopefully we could finish this within three days.. that's the minimum, i guess..,"

Vegeta merely grunted in response.

Looking at her watch, Bulma gasped.. it was almost 6:30 PM, it was time to return to her room because the regular palace guard would finally be on his route to check on Bulma's room.

"I need to go now.. really," Bulma said, gathering her bag and things and finally stood on front of Vegeta.

"What?," Vegeta asked, mildly annoyed and a bit amused.

"Well.. every boy has to walk a girl home~!," Bulma said, as though teaching proper etiquette to him.

"Feh.. it's a case when the girl is fine," he snorted.

At that Bulma pressed her hills on Vegeta's toe, making him yelp.

"Ok. ok.., fine! i'll walk you,"

Prince Vegeta finally accompanied Bulma to her quarters, they were passed by some palace guards that respectfully bowed down to the Prince, and Bulma thought, it was kinda cool to have a prince at your side, finally they reached her quarters.

"Thanks.." she said as she stopped on her door and pressing her passcode.

Prince Vegeta groaned at turned back, leaving Bulma behind.

-- end of chapter four --

TO BE CONTINUED....

*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

CHAPTER V - HISTORY BETWEEN TWO WORLDS

*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

Author's Notes: Okie~! finally I finished this chapter. Tell me what you think if you liked it, it sux, it's magnificent or what.., and it'll help me a lot, it boosts my ego and lets me to continue writing this soon-to-be "fan-epic".. ja minna-chan~!

Don't forget to give me some *constructive* comments.. ne?


Table of Contents
Chapter 3
Chapter 5