DISCLAIMERS: I don't own any of these DBZ characters, so therefore I don't take any illegal ownership on them, I just know that Akira Toriyama is the only one who made these.. ^_^ and maybe FUNimation too.

Author's Notes: Okay, here is the third Chapter and gratefully, this is better than the last one.. watch B/V's chibi versions battle using their minds prowess.. ^_____^;;

*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

CHAPTER III - Friends and Foes...

 

The class has been unually quiet, because usually, after their dismissal, there were a lot of energetic chats going on at every corners of the room, but now, it was only an eerie silence, and no doubt about it, it was because of one arrogant person.

"Vegeta-ouji?," Bulma asked her bestfriend, Cyan.

Cyan turned towards her with an unusual glitter on her eyes, "Yeah, he's the one... he's kinda.. quiet.. ne? Bulma-chan?,"

:: No you're wrong, he's more of an arrogant person and I dislike his attitude :: Bulma thought as she turned her head towards Cyan.

"Yeah, he's kinda quiet, though.. not much of a talker..," she reluctantly agreed with her.

Cyan bounced a little bit as she walked, feeling unravenously enthusiastic, "Well, me thinks he's kinda cool,"

At that Bulma's eyes turned wide as saucers, blue eyes reflecting her thoughts about the prince, "Wha--?,"

Cyan put her hand on her hips, looking very cute, "Well, I know you think he isn't but he is... I know he's nice deep down, he doesn't like to socialize.. that's all,"

Bulma could only stare at her friend, she couldn't believe that Cyan couldn't see how selfish Vegeta's being. But she shook the thoughts aside, they shouldn't think much about it, since they were only children, there are things that are not meant for them to understand.

"Okay, whatever," Bulma said, "C'mon... I just remembered that we still have to create something useful..,"

Cyan gave her some questioning look, "Ow? what kind of useful?,"

Bulma sighed and stared at the ceiling, "I don't know, all i remember is Harino-sensei telling us to do something, well, anything.. useful, and that would be graded too..,"

Rolling her eyes, Cyan turned her eyes towards her friend, "Well, what are you planning to do?,"

"Maybe a micro disc would be okay,"

Stopping dead at her tracks, Cyan looked at the window beside the hallway, "I miss my dad... do you, too?,"

A wave of longing washed throughout Bulma's senses, even though she's barely 8, she already lost her innocence since she saw many fights and she already became used to it, since it was called the 'fight for survival', another stupid ritual of the saiyajins. She already saw many blood-stained criminal... many wounded cries and so much more, her naive mind couldn't still process.

Bulma almost broke into a verge of tears, but held her own composure, she couldn't afford to look weak in front of anyone, "I do," came her short reply.

:: There's no use to be sad, I should be able to control myself, afterall, I'll come back for my dad, and I promised him that, :: Bulma thought as she stared outside the one-way window.

She nudged Cyan out of her solitude and forced a fake cheerful smile, "Hey! don't be sad, we still have lots of assignments, and I would show that Vegeta what my mind could think of~!,"

Cyan just raised one eyebrow, "Wouldn't you think it's a bit over the edge?, I mean I know Prince's are supposed to be powerful and stuff, wouldn't they dare to harm you?," she queried.

Shaking her head, Bulma turned to her friend, "Nuh-uh... I'll just do something that would put his pride into test.. I'll just test how far his patience would be,"

Cyan just twirked one eyebrown, :: Uh-oh, she's up to something, but I think it's pretty fun :: she thought inwardly.

"Okay I'm in," Cyan said.

"Great~!," Bulma cheered, "Yatta~!,"

*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

[ next day... ]

"Where are your assignments?," Harino-sensei asked his pupils, he was very curious as to what would the child named, Bulma Briefs, would come up to today, she has an unusually creative and intelligent mind that seemed to surpass even his own.

He walked toward the aisle into Bulma's seat looking at her 'assignment', "Well, what do we have here, Ms. Briefs?," he asked Bulma, looking at the 'thing' on her hands.

Bulma flashed him her infamous childish grin that seems to soften everyone's hearts, "Well, Harino-sensei, I made one micro-disc, where you can store almost 1 million gigabytes," she declared proudly.

The whole class were awed by Bulma's project, except for the 'arrogant ass' of the class. The prince snorted.

"That was stupid," Prince Vegeta said.

Harino-sensei remained silent, because he knew it wouldn't be wise if he talk back to the prince, after all, the prince is the second most powerful person on the whole of the planet, but little did Bulma know about that, and unfortunately neither her own pride.

"Why you little.... MONKEY~!," she spat as she saw his peculiar tail hissing behind him.

Chibi Prince Vegeta's eyes grew wide at this, never in his life was he ever talked back to, "How could you, you stupid baka~!,"

Harino-sensei looked back and forth, from Bulma to Prince Vegeta... but remained silent.

"I'm not stupid~!, if I am, I wouldn't be able to do this, by the way, since you're 'intelligent' would you just show me yours, and let me see how smart you are?," Bulma shot back.

Furious at doubting his intelligence, he spat, "I don't need to do those baka projects, I'm superior than anyone!,"

Bulma snorted and smirked, and put her hands on her hips, "Yeah.. right, it's like saying, I'm intelligent but don't ask me regarding anything,"

Prince Vegeta glared at the blue-haired girl on front of him, he wanted to punch the disrespectful girl and kill her right away, but good etiquette held him back, after all, ladies, or rather, girls are not supposed to be treated that way, "Are you doubting ME? I am YOUR prince," he glared at her.

"So what? I don't care one bit if you're the prince, although I'm not sure if you're really one since you act like nothing like a prince," she shot back.

Prince Vegeta just glared at her, he was too furious even to speak one word.

Bulma was the same, but she told him one simple statement, "I hate you," at that she sat back on her chair and ignored him completely. Chibi Prince Vegeta did the same.

Harino-sensei inwardly sighed, and so was the whole classroon after seeing that heated exchange, specially Cyan.

:: I never though you had it in you, Bulma-tachi :: Cyan thought as she grinned secretly.

*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

The Science class went on smoothly even though the class started, rather badly.. the pupils were silently siding Bulma because it's obvious that Bulma's the only one that has the spunk to stand up to the prince.

"That was great, Bulma-chan~!," Cyan enthused after the classes has ended.

Bulma cocked an eyebrow, and turned to look at her bestfriend, "What are you talking about?,"

Fidgeting with one of her earring, Cyan turned to look at the balcony of the room, looking below the vast greenery below them, "You know.. ," she said.

As if getting what she meant by that, Bulma just nodded, "Oh.,"

Cyan turned and leaned her back at the balcony, heedless of the fact that they're several floors above the 1st floor, "You know I've been thinking ab-- OH NO~!," she shrieked as the earring she was fondling at, was torn off her ear and jangled down the edge of the balcony, unfortunately, in order to reach the earring, one must lean or rather, bend all of her body to reach it. So there's a huge risk of falling off.

Cyan started to panic, "What am I going to do? that was a gift for me from my mom, the only remembrance that was left,"

Understanding her anxiety upon reaching the earring, Bulma stood up from her seat and looked at the place where the earring was presently hanging from.

"I'll try to get it," she volunteered.

Cyan turned to her friend with large tear droplets on the corner of her eyes, "You would fall off...,"

"No I'm not silly," Bulma cheered, cracking a tiny smile, she herself don't know how she would get it.

:: Oh well, might as well try it, :: Bullma thought as she started to bend towards the earring.

"Be careful," Cyan whispered, trying to stay still while watching Bulma tredge her way to the earring.

:: almost there.. :: Bulma thought as she benda little further, :: only a bit more, ::

But all of a sudden, she went out of balance and when she regained her composure, she realized that she was falling off at a top speed.

It would only be a few seconds before she hit the ground and embrace the darkness when out of nowhere, she felt as though she stopped falling. She shut her eyes, fearing that this is the start of death, but finally after gathering her strength, she creaked one eye open, just to be settled on a pair of coal black eyes.

"Am I dead?," Bulma whispered hoarsely.

The world began to focus and soon, Bulma realized that she was caught by the arrogant prince, Prince Vegeta.

The owner of the eyes just snorted and brought Bulma down, he turned to leave but before he did, he looked to Bulma squarely at the eyes, "Be careful next time, Weakling,"

Bulma gaped at his retreating form, unable to process the situation, and then she looked at her hands, and there, seated the perfect turqoise earring of Cyan.

:: So.. you're not that arrogant after all.. :: Bulma said, smiling a little and developing a soft spot for the lonesome prince.

"Arigatou..," she said, mostly to herself.

TO BE CONTINUED...

Next Chapter: CHAPTER IV - The Mask

*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

Authors Notes: Hoeee... so finally, I got over that section, I thought I would never finish this damned short chapter, but anywayz, still, i needed your ego-boosting comments since, I'm starting to develop my regular mental block.. your good comments are the only medicine that would prevent this to develop fully into a virus. anyway, thanx minna-chan~!

Ja~

Mattel-chan

P.S. please drop me off some nice comments please?


Table of Contents
Chapter 2
Chapter 4