The Second Tier

 

Vejita Ou glared bored to the main hall where he was hosting a party in honor of some dignataries that had come to Vejitasei expecting to reach an alliance with the Saiyan Empire, getting protection and other benefits. The King of Vejitasei wasn't the "party type", He prefered the quietness of his chambers instead the noisy hall full of music, voices and laughts of some guests, but what he truly hated were the noble females flirting around him. Sometimes he looked at his reflection in a mirror wondering if he had a "Free" label in his forehead since his Queen died, because after her death many females of some alien nobility began to flirt around him impudently. He refused them the best he could without blast them away but he was becoming angry at their attitude, the fact that his wife was dead, didn't mean that he was going to take a new one barely days after her death, and for all he cared, his loyalty belonged to her alive or dead. Vejita Ou sighed thinking about his little son, hoping he would sleep fine this night even with the noise of the party, then an idea came to his mind and smiled.

Nappa was standing outside an enormous door, The king ordered him to watch over the prince's quarters every time a party was hold in the Castle, mostly to watch over the child's sleep. Nappa has become acostumed to see the prince coming out of his room with a tired face, awakened by the music of the parties, the almost bald saiyajin was suposed to look for the king and tell him about his awaken son, Vejita Ou always used that as an excuse to leave the party at least for some time. But this night the prince was deeply asleep, Nappa looked inside the room to see if the child was still asleep, The saiyajin Lieutenant sighed heavily thinking that his king wasn't going to leave the party that night.

The next morning the King entered his son's quarters, as he expected the prince was still asleep, something he liked because he enjoyed to see his son's sleeping face, in some ways, his state while asleep reminded him the sleeping face of his Queen, though his son's features were a small replica of his own, the prince's skin was lighter and many of his gestures were pretty similar to his wife's. Few minutes later the little prince moved slightly and his black eyes opened meetings the dark gaze of his father, the King smiled to his son "Come, There is something important I want to discuss with you" The prince nodded and stepped out his bed, taking his father's hand they went to his bathroom, there, the child washed his face and took the clothes his father handled to him, even if he was just 3 years old, he was a very intelligent child and learned quickly everything his father had taught him in this years, bathing and dressing himself were some of them.

Dressed in his clean clothes the young prince glared at his father in expectation, Vejita Ou understood his son's glare and nodded "You know about the receptions we made for our guests coming from other planets, most of them want to achieve an alliance with our empire or sign treats of comerce and such things" the King of Vejitasei began "Many kings, dignataries and leaders of this planets and races come with a crowd of servants, advisors, slaves and sometimes daughters or sisters along with some nobility of their realms. I have a problem with them. Since your mother's death, most of these noble females tried to grab my attention and convince me to take one of them as my new consort..." the King saw his son's black brows form a scowl at his words, just as he expected "Of course, I refused them every time... but my patience it's about to reach a limit and soon I'll be sending them to next dimension with a blast... I want to prevent this and to do that I need your help" the prince nodded at his father's request, he wouldn't let any alien female even try to take his mother's place nor steal the time his father spend with him. Almost reading his son's mind the King of Vejitasei smiled and kneeld at his side "All right, here is the plan, what I need you to do is...".

 

Few weeks later, another party was held at the Saiyan castle and the guests were expecting the King's entrance, a few nobles, mostly females were pretty excited. Nappa entered the hall and everyone went silent when the Saiyajin Lieutenant introduced his king "His Majesty Vejita Ou and His Highness Vejita Ouji" Nappa moved to allow access to his King, to the guests's surprise the King entered the hall with a Child by his side. Everyone's mouth dropped to the floor at the sight of the little prince, who was still a baby for most of them, already dressed in royal armor and red cape, and his face and hair were a perfect replica of the King's face. Vejita Ou went to greet some dignataries as he usually did with his son next to him, the King greeted the dignataries and introduced his son to them, the "baby-prince" bowed to them with respect everytime he was introduced and the dignataries smiled to him in delight with the child's manners.

The night was being perfect until some women began their assault on the King's being, but this time the King of Vejitasei had a secret weapon against them; a pale blue-skinned women went to the King smiling seductively, her smile didn't went unnoticed at the prince's suspicious eyes, she began to talk with the King and soon she noticed the glare of the prince on her "Oh Hello little one!" She greeted him "Oh my! You're a hadsome child aren't you? Adorable indeed" She tried to pinch his cheek but the prince of Vejitasei hide himself behind his father and looked at him with an statement of discomfort and some kind of fear, Vejita Ou supressed a victorious smile when he took the prince's hand "Excuse me" the King took the prince in his arms and went to a near balcony leaving the very frustrated blue woman behind them. With his head resting in his father's shoulder the prince asked in a soft whisper "Otousama?" understanding what his son wanted to know, the king answered "Yes my son, You did well" the prince smiled slightly and closed his eyes for a moment "You are tired my child..." Vejita Ou smiled when his little son sighed keeping his eyes closed, the Saiyajin King left the hall towards the Prince's chambers. Once inside the room he laid the half asleep child carefully on his soft bed, the King stood there until the child was fully asleep.

Later that night the King was staring at the stars of the night sky, specially at the bright stars shining in the dark background of Vejitasei's Night. He glared back at his desk were the portrait of his Queen was, he walked to his desk taking the picture, he smiled sadly at the memories of her when she was alive and also memories of the past three years, years devoted to raise their son, teaching him and learning from his baby at the same time; he smiled once again and placed the portrait back on it's place again and went to his bed to get some rest.

"You're Leaving?" the young prince of Vejitasei asked softly to his father "Yes, I must go to Chikyuusei, I have some important things to attend there" Vejita Ouji glared at the floor sadly "I want to go with you" "I'm afraid that's not possible for now, You are to stay here and go on with your training" the 3 year old Prince closed his eyes and went to his balcony giving his back to the King "Ok Father..." The King went to the balcony and kneeld at his side "Next time you will come with me, I promise" the young prince stared at his father and nodded. That evening the King of Vejitasei left the planet with an escourt in his imperial ship, First Lieutenant Nappa stayed at the Castle with the prince and took care of him while the King was out.

Few days later everything went with the usual scheme until a ship landed in front of the Palace, the little prince saw it landing from his quarters and ran to meet Nappa. "Nappa-san!" the almost bald Saiyajin went to his prince quickly "Yes Highness?" "A ship!" Nappa looked through the window and his eyes went wide when he recognized the ship "Freeza... Damn it!" the Lieutenant turned to his prince "Freeza?" the child asked "He is a very powerfull being, ruler of a vast empire, he had been trying to achieve some sort of alliance with the Saiyan Empire, but his true goal is to make our empire part of his own" Nappa walked to the room's doors ready to leave followed for the prince, the child was curious about this being and how his care taker would handle the situation.

Freeza came out from his ship followed by a couple of soldiers, the horned creature glared around disgusted "How rude! Vejita is not even sending someone to recieve us? Not that I expected better manners from this race of monkey-tailed beings anyways" Freeza barely ended his sentence when the doors of the Palace opened to show Nappa standing with a child slightly behind him "Well that's better" the horned alien said while walking to meet the Saiyajin Lieutenant. Nappa bowed to Freeza and Greeted him "Lord Freeza, may I ask why do you honor us with your pressence?" Freeza laughed softly "You already know the answer Nappa. Where's King Vejita?" "His majesty isn't here right now Sir, He is in a diplomatic mission" "When he'll return?" Freeza asked when the tiny figure behind Nappa got his attention "About a month Sir" "I see, that's too much time to waste here waiting for him, I'll leave for now, but tell him I'll come back any time soon" "I will Lord Freeza" the white-skinned creature came near the huge Saiyajin staring at the Child guarded behind the massive body of the Lieutenant "Well well, what do we have here? Who are you little one?" Freeza asked the prince "Vejita" he replied "Vejita? You mean... Nappa, is this kid the Son of King Vejita?" "Y-yes Sir... He is my Prince" "Amazing! So, Vejita already had a son...that's interesting; Well little prince, I'm sure we'll get to know better each other" Freeza turned to leave "I must go for now, but be sure we'll see again soon Highness" Nappa stared disgusted at the horned creature and relaxed a bit when his ship finaly left. "Vejita Ou must be informed of this as soon as possible... I don't trust Freeza" he thought.

 

After a month the young prince of Vejitasei stared at the dark clouds as the rain fell from them, he was bored, he missed his father, though his training with Nappa kept him occupied. When it was over, he was completly alone with nothing to do but read or play and still alone. The Child blinked when he saw a ship comming through the clouds "Father!" he smiled when he recognized his father's spaceship running out of his chambers to meet the king. When the young prince reached his destination he saw his father comming out of the ship "Otousan..." the little prince could barely control the urge of run and throw himself into his father's arms. Vejita Ou saw his young son standing at the doors waiting for him, the King of Vejitasei couldn't stand the need to see his son again after all the time spent in Chikyuusei and went to him "Welcome back your Majesty" Nappa bowed to his King. "Otousan!" "It's good to see you again my child" the king caressed the prince's head softly, the prince of Vejitasei smiled slightly enjoying his father's caress "Vejita Ou, I have something important to tell you" Nappa interrupted them "We can talk about it later Nappa, I brought some guests with me. Come prince, I'll introduce you with them" the prince nodded and followed his father to the ship.

A man dressed in a black suit, wearing a pair of glasses with gray hair came out of the ship holding a white robe in his hand and looking around him with a look of attonishment on his face "Dr. Briefs, be Welcomed to Vejitasei" the king said proudly "Thank you your majesty, Your palace is amazing... Huh?" Dr. Briefs stared at the infant standing next to the King "Is he...?" the human scientist asked "Yes, He is my son, Prince Vejita. Prince, he is Dr. Briefs a Scientist from Chikyuusei, and a very brilliant one at all" the young prince of Vejitasei bowed with respect. "Thank you Higness, It's a pleasure to meet you, please let me introduce you to my family." A blonde, smiling woman came out from the ship holding a baby in her arms "She's my wife and this is our daughter" Vejita Ouji blinked at the sight of the baby girl curled in her mother's arms, he could see it was a sleeping girl about 2 years old with light skin and purple hair. The prince went closer to look better at the girl, he was delighted to see someone else of his age, the blonde woman smiled to the child. "Her name is Bulma" she kneld to allow him a better view of her daughter, the young prince glared at the child with interest, the litle girl opened her eyes meeting the curious gaze of prince Vejita, the purple-haired girl smiled at him, he replied with a shy smile. The king of Vejitasei stared at the scene between the prince and the little child, Vejita Ou thought about it for a moment, perhaps it was time to give the prince a friend.

That night the little prince of Vejitasei was reading a bit in his room when his father came in. "Prince I need to talk to you" the prince nodded placing the book on his bed. "Nappa told me about Freeza's "Visit"..." "Yes" "Listen there are a few things about him that you must know" Vejita Ouji nodded again. "He posseses a powerful empire as well, but Freeza's Ambition knows no limit, he wants to control perhaps the whole universe... He uses all kinds of methods to achieve his goals, Destroying planets and races are some of them. As you know in the past, our race conquered planets with violence to feed our natural instincts, we destroyed and killed as much as we could. Over time, our kind evolved turning our blood thirsty nature into something more leveled between intelligence and strength, though many of our people still are as savage as our ancesters were, we are now very different and our strength it's used in other benefical ways." The king glared at the book in his son's bed before resuming. "Even if we evolved mentally, our kind believes about emotions were that feelings and emotions different from rage, anger or hatred were useless, and made us weak, and such beliefs went unchanged through generations. All of us were taught that way, so we wouldn't feel remorse when killing or conquering, no mercy would be showed in battle... I believed that too... until I met your mother and my perception of many things changed for good".

The king went to the prince's balcony glaring at the stars "Our evolution made us a powerful empire and many races try to achieve alliances with us, or be added to our empire to have protection, or hire us as mercenary armies to protect themselves from enemies stronger than them. Freeza finds us as both enemies and allies, he is trying to add our empire to his own to gain our power for his armies, and I'm sure he will try to destroy us if he can't get what he wants, he is very powerful and though he can't defeat us all together, he never fights fairly... So we can't be off-guard. You must know this because you will be the King someday and if Freeza can't get what he wants from me, I'm sure He will try to get it from you" the little prince clenched his fists "I won't let him father!" the King looked at him and smilied slightly "I know you won't let him my prince, I have faith in you, in your power and..." he went to the child and placed a finger over the prince's chest "...In your heart" the prince nodded solemnly "There's another subject I want to discuss with you, this child Bulma, the daughter of Dr. Briefs, it seems that you enjoyed her presence." "I never seen a girl of my age before... neither a girl or a boy actually." "I know that, I think it's time for you to have a friend. If her parents allow it, you can spend some time with her, but this will not interfere with your training, or your study, am I understood?" "Yes Otousan." "Very well, now rest, tomorrow you'll train with me again." "Yes!".

* * * * *

Author's Notes: Phew!! I'm sorry this took so long, School intefere like usual, no matter, I Hope you all enjoy this chapter and I want to thank Adimra for hosting my story as well as All the people who sent me comments about the previous chapter. As before comments of this chapter are welcome. Thanks again!


Table of Contents
Chapter 1
Chapter 3 - to come