Disclaimer: (Also for like the last six chapters… I forgot, gomen!) I do NOT own Dragon Ball Z!! Please, I mean, come on! I’m not even a guy!

Shout outs: Thanks to Pan-chan (aka: Brit-brit), Veggie-girl, and Lindsey for BETA reading this chap for me. They let me know if it sucked or not and if I should change anything. Thanks ppl I love you guys! ^-^

~~~~~~

A/n: So, I said I’d take a reprieve, right? It wasn’t that long, was it? I mean, it’s basically the amount of time I usually take to write my chapters!! Anyway, this is the last camping trip chapter! Thank god!!!!!!!!!!! You’d think a writer would never want to see a certain part of their fic end, but now I have so many brand spanking new ideas that I want to get this over so I can wriiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiite! Yattta! I am speeding this chapter up. It will be relatively short. So, if you’re like ‘Why the hell is she moving so fast??’ it’s explained right here. Go read now, remember, no Yamucha/Rae/Shelly/anyone else in this chapter until the end. Only B/V, G/Cc, K/18, and on a happier note (well for true B/V lovers at least) I’ll mainly focus on B/V… The others will show up but not as much as our favorite lil’ couple!

Enjoy!

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

15

 

Bulma was the first out of the group to wake up and let out a contented sigh as she rose to her feet. She glanced around and smiled when she saw all her friends lying in little groups all around their small campsite.

Goku and Chichi were cuddled near the tree, 18 and Krillin were lying next to the tents, and Vegeta was lying right next to her, on top of the still unclaimed ‘flag’.

Bulma grinned as she tugged at an edge of it, deciding to once and for all proclaim women as the superior in the camp.

As she tugged she frowned as realizing that Vegeta was pretty heavy.

She gave a big tug, causing him to roll off the blanket and awaken. She shrieked in happiness as she danced around the still groggy Vegeta.

Goku, Chichi, 18, and Krillin all awakened and looked at their silly friend.

"What time is it?" Chichi asked as she got to her feet and dusted the leaf bits off her butt.

18 walked over to Chichi and leaned against a tree, tiredly.

Bulma shrugged as she stopped dancing.

She looked around noticing that it was pretty bright already meaning that it was after dawn.

"I left my watch in my tent. Let me go get it and see what the time says." Krillin suggested as he hurried over to the boys’ tent.

Bulma laughed as she waved the victory item in front of Vegeta’s face. He rolled his eyes.

"It means nothing woman." He said defiantly.

Bulma giggled, "Sure it doesn’t, Vegeta!"

He got to his feet and shot her a deadly look as he walked towards his tent.

"Oh, well good morning to you too!" she said sarcastically.

She glanced at 18 and Chichi, and they shrugged at Vegeta’s behavior.

Bulma then approached her two friends, while Goku slowly slinked away, not wanting to get caught in female conversation.

"So, what’s the agenda for today?" 18 asked nonchalantly.

Bulma smiled slightly.

"Well, we do have to get back tomorrow morning, and I’d like to leave this forest tonight… But, first we have to climb some stupid mountain that’s like a mile out of the range of the map, and that makes me not very happy. We’re climbing to retrieve some ‘flag’, a real one this time, to prove to Mr. P. that we actually went all the way into the forest." Bulma told them.

Chichi sighed fitfully.

"I think we got the little ‘climb the mountain’ thing cuz Mr. P. hates us, and our group is mixed between girls and boys." Bulma said as she ran her fingers through her light lavender bangs.

18 groaned as she started to walk over to their tents.

"That Piccalurius is really out to get us. It was even worse since you and Veggie-head had to get in trouble." 18 said as she crossed her arms over her chest.

"Uh… sorry?" Bulma asked as she shrugged and blushed.

"Oh, it’s okay. Don’t feel bad. 18’s just real bitchy when she wakes up." Chichi laughed as she walked over and patted 18 on the back.

18 let a small smile pass over her features.

Bulma walked over to her friends and waited as 18 unzipped the tent’s door.

"Hey! Guys, we gotta hurry! It’s already 10:15!!" they heard Krillin call from inside his tent.

"What??" Chichi and Bulma asked at the same time.

"Yeah," he said as he ran out, with Goku and Vegeta following behind.

"We really overslept."

Bulma smacked her forehead in frustration.

"We are way off schedule. We were supposed to start at 7:00. How could we oversleep that long??" Bulma asked frantically.

Chichi sighed and shoved Bulma into the now open tent.

"Get in there, both of you! I will not sit around and have them leave us tomorrow because we were too late. I need civilization!!" Chichi said as she proceeded to shove 18 into the tent.

Goku laughed.

"Chichi’s not acting real civil right now." he said.

He mumbled a quick apology when his girlfriend shot him an annoyed glare.

She smiled and nodded as she stepped into the tent.

Krillin rolled his eyes at the two.

"All right, we’ll see you girls in 10 minutes and please try to be quick about it." Krillin said loudly as he tapped his watch to better stress the importance.

~~~~~~~~~~

Twenty minutes later the girls emerged with fresh smiles on their faces. They stopped when they got angry looks from their boyfriends.

"What?" Chichi asked as she ran her hand through her straight black hair.

"We said ten minutes at the MOST! And you decided to take your precious time??" Krillin asked as he jumped up.

"Don’t have a hissy fit, cue-ball." Bulma said as she started to strut around and show off her outfit.

"Do you think perfection of beauty like this can come in a short amount of time, hmm? It usually takes forty minutes to get us looking this good. You should be glad we could come out so good looking in only twenty minutes!" she said as she wagged her finger disapprovingly at the boys.

Vegeta scanned over the three girls who had collaborated with their outfits. They all had on indigo-blue floods, with pastel colored tank tops. They all had their hair let down and were wearing white Nikes.

He smirked as he stood up.

"I think it was a waste of time because you girls look as ugly as you do everyday. I see no difference. Do you?" he asked Goku and Krillin as he turned around.

The three guys broke out into laughter as they watched the three girls’ faces turn red with anger.

"Shut up you jerks!" Bulma said angrily as she balled her hands into fists.

Chichi and 18 nodded to agree with her.

"Yeah, whatever. Come on. We’ve wasted too much time all ready. Let’s go." Vegeta said as he got up.

Krillin and Goku stood and shrugged on their backpacks.

Bulma smirked devilishly as she noticed the three boys’ attire.

"Hey, did you all go shopping at the same store?" Chichi asked as she pointed at the three boys.

They were all wearing wife-beaters, baggy khaki cargo pants, and black bandanas.

Bulma and 18 started laughing loudly as the boys blushed.

"N-no! We did NOT shop together. Kakarot and chrome-dome just decided to copy off of me." Vegeta said as he crossed his arms over his chest.

"Nuh uh. Vegeta don’t you remember! We went to the mall three weeks ago and all bought matching outfits." Goku said as he scratched his head, wondering how Vegeta could forget.

Vegeta angrily turned around and smacked Goku in the head, only causing more laughter from the three girls.

"Let’s go!" Vegeta barked.

"We should go." Bulma said as she giggled.

"Let’s pack up all our stuff and camp up at the mountain we’re supposed to be going to. I don’t think we’ll want to have to come all the way back here." Goku suggested.

"Good idea Son-kun!" Bulma said.

After almost half an hour had passed, all the boys were carrying the camping equipment on their backs, while the girls carried their light backpacks filled with so-called ‘necessities’ like makeup, hair utensils, candy, etc.

"Woman, I am tired of wasting time on you. Let’s go." Vegeta said to Bulma through clenched teeth.

Bulma glared at him.

"Ever since you woke up this morning you’ve been given me a real bad attitude. It’s just too god damn hot already to be dealing with your childish behavior. Or are you still upset because the weak female beat the strong and mighty ‘warrior’." Bulma said in a mocking tone.

"Shut the hell up! You are becoming unbearably annoying!" he growled and then angrily turned and stomped off into the forest.

Bulma blinked in surprise, not expecting him to react like that to her taunt.

Chichi and 18 exchanged a glance, silently hoping that Bulma would not break into tears. Krillin and Goku looked at each other nervously. Bulma sighed softly and turned towards them with a small frown on her face. She walked over to her friends and started fishing around in her backpack for some papers.

"That dummy! He doesn’t even know what he’s supposed to be doing right now! Look, here." Bulma said as she handed two separate sheets of paper to Chichi and 18.

"Mr. Piccalurius wants us all to take different routes and get supplies. He wants one of us to get the Shenron Sun orb, which is a flower. Someone else has to get Kami’s tears, which is some sort of really long vine. And somebody else has to get the dragon’s sphere which I have no clue as to what it is." She said frantically.

"Well, it looks like I have to get this sun-orb thing." 18 said as she showed her paper to Bulma.

"I get to go get the Kami’s tear or whatever." Chichi said as she showed her slip to Bulma.

"Ok, then I get the sphere. I have to catch up with Vegeta before I lose him completely." Bulma said as she ran her hand through her bangs frantically.

"Wait! Does that mean we’re going to split up??" Chichi asked now getting worried.

"We’ll have to. I was planning to do it all together but we’re way behind schedule." Bulma said.

"Aw man." Krillin said.

"So how’re we gonna split this up?" Goku asked as he looked around at the group of five.

"I’ll go find Vegeta and get this stupid sphere thing with him. Goku, of course you’ll go with Chichi. And 18 with Krillin." Bulma said as she started walking towards the part of the forest Vegeta had so angrily entered.

"Wait! How’re we going to find our way around?" 18 asked.

"There’s a map in there, 18, and areas where the object you’re looking for can be found. Bye, guys. Hopefully we’ll be able to re-group at the mountain in two hours." Bulma said as she smiled.

She bowed slightly then ran into the forest leaving her friends behind speechless.

"What do you think is up with her?" Chichi asked as she looked around suspiciously.

"I don’t know, Chi." 18 said.

"I’d expect her to freak out since Vegeta yelled at her, but she kept her cool. Amazing…"

"And what’s up with Vegeta?" Krillin asked.

"Do you think that he really was mad that Bulma embarrassed him by winning?" 18 asked.

"Nah, that can’t be it. I mean, it was just a stupid game." Goku said.

"He snapped at her pretty quickly, though. It was kind of uncalled for, don’t you guys think?" Chichi asked as she frowned.

"Well, whatever it is that’s a problem, we’ll just have to let them figure it out. I mean, it is their problem. We can’t always jump in and try to solve their troubles." 18 said as she stretched.

Before Chichi could continue the conversation 18 grabbed Krillin’s arm and started walking away.

"We’ll have to be going now. When the Vegetable prince and his princess find their object and we’re not there there’ll be hell to pay." 18 said.

Chichi laughed at the way 18 had addressed Bulma and Vegeta.

"And Chichi, please try to stay out of this argument. They need to learn how to handle shit by themselves." 18 said then turned and was gone.

"Eww." Chichi said as she placed her hands on her hips.

"What does she mean by that, Goku?" she asked him.

"Well, it’s true. You’re always in other people’s business." He said.

Chichi turned around and glared at him.

"W-what I m-mean is that… sometimes it can be good like in the way you got Bulma and Vegeta together in the first place but then again, you always seem to stick your nose into relationships and in the end seem to do more damage then good." He said.

She frowned.

"I’m surprised you actually said something smart for once but stop talking that righteous bullshit." Chichi said as she crossed her arms.

Goku face-faulted at her statement.

"So, I may be a little nosy. But it’s just because I care about my friends. Is that a crime?" she asked.

Before Goku could answer, she answered for him.

"No it’s not. So, let’s just go. I do not want Bulma, Vegeta, Krillin, and 18 to get a head start on us." Chichi said as she grabbed Goku’s wrist and commenced to march off into the forest in a direction totally opposite of that of her four friends.

~~~~~~~~~~~

Bulma walked slowly through the quiet forest.

‘Where did that idiot go?’ she asked herself feeling frustrated.

She balled her hands into fists.

Bright patches of sun fell between the trees casting a soft light on the ground.

‘This’d be so beautiful if I could chare it with Vegeta…’ she thought desolately.

She heard a twig snap somewhere in the distance, and hoped that it was Vegeta, or at least another human being.

She sucked in a deep breath and walked forward though a thick overhanging of twigs and vines. She struggled through the clinging twigs to stumble into a glade. It smelled like fresh, undisturbed morning and at the far end of it she could hear water running.

She quickly sprinted across, just to check if Vegeta happened to be there, but really wanting to inspect the place more.

She had to stop herself from gasping when she saw Vegeta sitting on a rock over what looked to be a brook. She noticed that his pack was on the ground and that his pants were pushed up around his knees. His Timberlands were on the grass and he had his bare feet in the water.

She almost let out an ‘aww’ at the sight of him.

He had a slight pout on his face and was staring out over the water.

She snuck up as close as she could, planning to put her hands over his eyes and ask ‘Guess who?’ but before she could even raise her arms he turned and stared at her.

"I could hear you a mile away, woman. You tromp through the forest like an elephant." he said.

Bulma dropped her arms from the mere centimeters she had raised them.

She sighed in defeat.

She then kicked off her Nikes, and climbed onto the rock beside him. She wasn’t wearing any socks so didn’t have to bother with that.

"Move over." she told him as she nudged him with her hip.

He reluctantly gave into her request and slid over a bit, but just a bit. He continued to stare out in the water saying nothing.

"Um… Veggie-chan?" Bulma asked softly as she placed the tips of her toes in the water.

‘What?" he asked her.

"You mad at me?" she asked as she fully submerged her feet.

He didn’t answer.

"Well! What did I do?!" she asked him.

"Remember when it rained the first day we were here… and you and I had went up to the second floor?" he asked her.

"Yeah," Bulma said as she blushed.

"I remember."

"Why did you say what you said to me there? That you wanted to be with me forever. You can’t do that…" he said to her.

Her breath hitched in her throat.

"I-I don’t know… I don’t know why. Well, not really." she said.

"It was true, though. Why should I not say what I really feel?" she asked him.

He sighed and chuckled afterwards.

"What do you find so funny, you jerk. I am worried sick that you are planning on breaking up with me!" she said as her voice wavered with her held back emotions.

"Nothing of the kind baka, it’s just that, you said what I thought you’d say." he said as he stood up. He grabbed her arm and pulled her up with him.

Bulma looked him in the eye and knew he was telling the truth.

"All right, Vegeta… whatever you say." Bulma said to him.

He pulled her a little closer and she immediately knew where this was headed.

She happily obliged him by pushing her body flush against his and giving him a sweet, soft kiss.

Vegeta smirked as he pulled away.

She raised an eyebrow at him.

"You hot?" he asked her.

"What?" she asked. Vegeta laughed as he pushed her off the rock and into the shallow water.

She shrieked in surprise as the water drenched her clothes and hair. She got to her feet and grabbed Vegeta’s ankle, pulling him down into the water also, making him splash down besides her.

"Again with this constant wetness…" Vegeta said to her as he held her down not letting her get up.

Bulma laughed.

"We’re just like fish. We can’t get enough of this." she said as she tickled him. She was surprised as he actually cracked a smile.

He grabbed her hands before she could tickle anymore and actually make him start laughing.

He then pulled her up as he stood and hoisted her over his shoulder.

She laughed as she was lifted up, and pounded lightly on his back.

"Stop acting like a damn caveman!" she said in between giggles.

He laughed at her.

He waded out of the water and deposited her on the ground.

Bulma shook her hair wildly as Vegeta pulled back on his shoes and put his pack back on.

Bulma walked over and slipped on her sneakers.

"I am drenched, as usual…" she sighed.

"What? You look good. All sexy with your hair soaked and your clothes now practically see-through." he said with a smirk.

Bulma gasped and crossed her arms over her chest, trying to retain at least some of her dignity.

"Oh, I should have known. Boys only have one thing on their mind 24-7." she said, but blushed anyway because he had called her sexy.

He grinned, knowing that she really didn’t mind.

"Come on, woman. Let’s go. And where are the other four?" he asked as he grabbed her hand. Bulma intertwined her fingers with his and sighed at the warm feeling of his hand.

"Baka, I asked you a question?" he said, snapping her out of her trance.

"Uh… what?" she asked innocently.

He growled in frustration.

"Where are those other four idiots?" he repeated.

"Oh… um, well… oh yeah! We have to go look for this dragon sphere thing!" she said.

"What??" he asked, feeling totally lost.

"Well, Mr. P wants us to get some items before we head up to the mountain… There were three items, Kami’s tears, the Shenron Sun orb, and the dragon’s sphere! We were all supposed to go together, but because we’re way behind schedule I made us all split up… Gosh. I really shouldn’t have sat down here with you. We’re wasting time, Vegeta." Bulma said to him.

"We’ve got all the time in the world. Why do you always want to be rushing, woman?" he asked her.

Bulma looked down at the ground, not really knowing the answer.

"Let’s go. You’re probably worried that they’ll leave without us if we’re too late. You’re just like your silly friend, Chichi." he said.

Bulma smiled up at him, and they started walking.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~

18 watched the back of Krillin’s head as they continued walking. She was hot, frustrated and sweaty and Krillin’s lack of directional skills wasn’t helping the situation.

They had been walking for more than an hour and had not seen any sign of the sun-orb flower that Bulma had said they needed to find.

She balled her hands into fists as she heard Krillin mutter something about not knowing where he was going. "Krillin!" 18 said threateningly as they walked by the same tree for the third time.

"Heh heh, um sorry 18!" Krillin said as he stopped and rubbed his head in confusion.

"Let me see the damn map." She said as she tugged it from him.

Krillin watched nervously as his girlfriend scanned over the map Bulma had given him.

He saw her thin blonde eyebrows lower and her slanted blue eyes narrow as she regarded the map closely.

"Krillin, sweetheart," she said as she glanced at him.

He jumped back and shivered.

"Y-yes?" he asked.

"If the direction for north on a mp points upward and the direction for north points down, why would you be following south as north and vice versa???" she asked through clenched teeth.

"Uh… I don’t know?" he tried.

She angrily rolled the map up and threw it at his head.

"You have NO sense of direction whatsoever!!" she then turned on her heel and marched back the way they had come.

"18 wait!!" Krillin said as he ran after her.

~~~~~~~~~~~~

"All right, Vegeta. They say this dragon thing is supposed to be about a quarter mile away from here." Bulma said as she and Vegeta climbed up a rocky path.

"Why the hell do we have to do shit like this?" Vegeta asked as he boosted Bulma up onto a ledge.

She wiped sweat off her brow as she glared down at him.

"How many times do you want me to explain this to you???" she asked as she watched him climb up and sit next to her.

He glared at her.

"I think three times is a charm." He said flatly.

"FINE!" she barked at him.

"We have to find this thing to prove to Mr. P. that we didn’t just slack off the whole time we were out here, ya know? And then we’ll meet back up with Chichi and Goku, and Krillin and 18, ok? We’ll camp up at the mountain then hike back down in the morning to leave. Is that cool with you, Mr. I like to complain about everything??" Bulma asked playfully.

"Shut the fuck up." He said but there was no venom in his words.

"Well, come on woman. There’s still a long way to go for us to scale this stupid mountain." Vegeta said as he grabbed her hand preparing to help her with the rest of the trip.

"It’s not really a mountain… more like a really big, rocky hill that kind of grew after a long time of rocks and dirt piling up on it." Bulma said thoughtfully.

"Ok, if you want to go all scientific on me and try to show me up on this, you can climb the stupid ‘hill’ by yourself." Vegeta said as he pulled his hand back.

"Oh come on!!!" Bulma said as she stamped her foot.

Vegeta smirked at her.

"I thought so." He said.

He then grabbed her around the waist and hoisted her up onto another ledge.

Bulma shrieked in surprise and Vegeta winced.

"Do you know how much that echoes up here!?" he asked her.

Bulma laughed.

"Well, that’s what you get for being an asshole." She said as she winked at him.

He shook his head then started climbing up the mountain.

~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Goku… we have to go about half a mile this way." Chichi said as she pointed through a forest.

"Oh, man, Chi. What if there are like rabid things in there?" Goku asked.

"What? I thought you were ‘nature boy’? Why would you care if there are a few wild animals? I should be the one freaking out!" Chichi said as she glanced at her boyfriend.

"Well, all the rabid wild animals at my places are my friends so they’d never hurt me, but the one’s out here are vicious!" he said.

Chichi rolled her eyes at him.

"Oh get over it. You act like you can talk to them." Chichi said as she started waking.

"But I can, Chi. There’s Daisy the beaver, and Butch the raccoon, and Toby the wolf." Goku said as he followed her.

Chichi raised an eyebrow at him.

"Um… ok. Sure…" she said as she shook her head in disbelief.

"What?? You don’t believe me, Chichi!? Come on, when we get back I’ll introduce you to all my forest friends!" he said.

"Goku! I do not want to meet your queer little forest beasts!" Chichi said as she threw her hands up in frustration and stomped away from him.

"But Chichi! I’m sure they’ll love you!" he said as he ran after her.

"We’re supposed to be looking for Kami’s tears, dummy! Not trying to ‘be one with the stupid animals’!" Chichi shouted as she finally entered the forest area.

"Oh, Chichi. You don’t like animals? Don’t let them hear you say that cuz you’ll hurt their feelings." Goku said as he pouted and looked around to make sure that no animals were in hearing distance of Chichi’s ‘harsh’ words.

~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Ok, yeah Krillin! This is where we should be!" 18 said as she pointed to a spot on the map.

Krillin nodded his head but only looked up at the impossibly tall tree.

"18… how are we supposed to get that flower if it’s all the way up there." He said as he tilted his head backwards to get a good look at the tree.

"Hey, hey! I see it!" 18 exclaimed. She ran to the tree and wrapped her legs and arms around it trying to climb it but dropped down to the ground.

"The tree’s too wide Krillin. But I can see the yellow flowers that are on this page on some of the higher branches. What are we gonna do?" 18 asked.

Krillin sighed.

"Well, I guess we can’t get them then." Krillin said, while feigning disappointment.

18 growled at him.

"There’s a low hanging branch right over there, chrome dome. Just help me get up there and I’ll climb the rest of the way." 18 said as she gave him an annoyed look.

"Aww, man, 18. This is so stupid!" Krillin said as he squatted near the tree with his hands clasped, ready to give her a boost.

She smiled.

"See, I knew I could do this without having to kick the chit out of you, sweetheart." She said as she placed one foot on his hands.

Krillin looked at her in shock.

"18… why so violent?" Krillin asked as he pushed up with his hands. 18 grabbed onto the lowest branch and pulled herself up so she could sit on it.

"18’s so violent because 18 doesn’t like to walk around in a freaking sweltering forest with her boyfriend who can’t read directions to save his life." 18 said sweetly.

"Ok, Krillin. Just chill down there and I’ll be down in a sec." She said as she stood up and waited to get her balance.

"Uh… be careful 18!" Krillin called as he saw her swagger.

"Have no fear! I am superwoman!" she said as she struck a pose.

Krillin smirked.

"Yeah sure you are…" he said.

He then felt something hard hit his head.

"Doth thou doubt me, simpleton?" 18 asked as she picked up a few more acorns, getting ready to pitch them at him.

"Uh… umm… no!" he said as he backed up.

"I thought so." She said as she smirked and started climbing the tree.

~~~~~~~~~~~~

Bulma giggled as they walked into the clearing.

It was a beautiful place with lots of rocks and tall trees.

"What’s got you so excited?" Vegeta asked, sounding quite bored.

"Well, isn’t nature just beautiful?" she asked him as she smiled.

"Sure it is. Do you know what I could be doing right now?" he asked as he kicked at some dead leaves.

"What? Playing video games or ‘training’. How fun Vegeta. You need to get out more." Bulma said as she looked down at her map.

"Hey! I think we’re in the right spot." She exclaimed.

Vegeta was ignoring her as he looked around the place.

"Hey! Vegeta! Pay attention. I’m glad you’re actually interested in your surroundings for once, but pay attention to me." She said as she placed her hands on her hips.

He grinned at her.

"And you think you’re more interesting then this crappy place?" he asked her.

"Oh stuff the high and mighty attitude. There’s an X right here." She said as she pointed to a spot on the ground.

"Oh, and you think we’ll just dig?" he asked her.

But to answer his question Bulma dropped to he floor and picked up a stick.

"Of course we’ll have to dig, dummy." She said.

"If this is where it’s supposed to be, how do you think we’ll get it?" she asked him.

Vegeta sighed and shook his head.

"I’m not digging up anything!" he said.

"Oh come on you big baby. What, are you afraid to get a little dirt under your nails?" she asked him.

"Hell no, woman. And you’re not going to trick me into doing all the work for you like you did last time when we were in Science together." He said with a triumphant smirk.

"Aww…" Bulma said.

"You’re not gullible anymore??" she asked him.

"I wasn’t gullible to begin with." Vegeta said.

"Oh, I’m sorry that I assumed that. Vegeta, darling," Bulma said as she smirked.

"What?" he asked suspiciously.

"Look, someone wrote gullible on the ceiling." She said innocently.

"What?" he asked as he looked up.

"There’s no ceiling… Oh… Hey! You damn tricky bitch!" he said as he glared at her.

Bulma couldn’t control herself as she started rolling on the floor laughing.

~~~~~~~~~~~

"Goku?" Chichi asked as she looked around. She had been searching for the Kami’s tear and had completely lost track of her boyfriend.

"GOKU!!" she called again.

"Chichi!" she heard him call from somewhere far off.

"Where are you??" she called.

"Over here!" he called back.

"Over here, where??" she asked, now getting annoyed.

"Over here, over here!!" he yelled.

"Where are you, baka?? You’ve got to describe it to me!" Chichi yelled to him.

"Um… I don’t exactly know… Chichi! I think I’m lost!" he yelled.

"OK! Goku, just calm down! Keep taking and I’ll find you!!" she yelled.

"OK!! What should I say!?" he asked her.

Chichi started walking into the forest, hoping that she could get a good track on him.

"Just… um… describe where you are to me!!" she said as she trekked through the forest, following his voice.

"Uh… I’m near a wall, with a lot of squiggly stuff on it." He yelled.

"Gosh, Goku! How’d you get so far away??" she asked as she neared him.

"Chichi! Where are you??" Goku asked, as he started moving through the forest.

"Don’t MOVE!" she said to him as she burst through a corner of the forest.

"Huh? There you are!" he said as he ran up and hugged her. It was so tight that she had to pound on his back to get him to let go.

"Let me go, please, Goku. I’m happy to see you, too." She said as she ran her fingers through his wild hair.

"Hey, Chichi! What’s up? Where have you been?" Goku asked her as he let her go.

Chichi shook her head as she looked at him.

"Goku… sometimes when I think you’ve gotten smarter, you never fail to prove me wrong!" Chichi said as she laughed.

"Hey, Goku, what’s this wall!?" she asked as he regarded the wall full of vines.

"I dunno. I saw it on the paper Bulma had given you and I thought that I should look for it." He said to her as he scratched his head.

"Wow! You found the Kami’s tear, Goku! I’m so proud of you! I take back what I said about you being dumb!" she laughed as she punched him good-naturedly in the arm.

"You said I was dumb?" he asked her.

She smiled.

"Never mind. Help me pull these off." She said as she pointed to the wall.

He walked over and gathered a bunch of the vines in his fist. There was a loud tearing sound, and then all the vines were in his hands.

"Hey, brute strength is good for something." She said as she shrugged.

"Some on. We’ve got 25 minutes to get to the mountain. I think I saw it on our way here. Let’s go!" Chichi said as she stuffed the vines in her backpack.

"Yeah! We’re gonna go to the mountain." Goku said as he followed behind her.

~~~~~~~~~~~

18 climbed back down the tree with two sunflower looking flowers stuffed in her pocket. They had bright red and orange centers with black petals.

As she jumped off Krillin was there, ready to catch her.

"Wow, 18, you’re a good tree climber." Krillin said.

"Well, I’m not exactly a girly-girl." She said as she ran a hand through her light-blonde hair.

"So, what’ll we do now?" she asked him as she stretched.

"Well, we’re supposed to meet Vegeta, Bulma, Goku, and Chichi at the mountain. And we’ve got 20 minutes to get there. So let's vamoose." He said to her.

"All right, whatever you say." She said as they started walking.

~~~~~~~~~~~

"Where’s this stupid thing supposed to be?" Vegeta whined as Bulma dug through the dirt with her hands.

"We’d find this a lot faster if you’d help!" she said as she glared at him.

"Hey, you can get dirty if you want to, but I don’t think this little ‘sphere’ thing is buried in the ground." He said as he crossed his arms and stared down at her.

"Well the map had an X right here." Bulma said as she slapped the turned up earth with her hand angrily.

"It could also be here." Vegeta said as he pointed to a tree that was right next to the spot Bulma was digging.

"Or, here." He said as he pointed inside a rotted out log.

"Or, even here." He said as he kicked at a rock. It rolled over and a bright orange ball was revealed.

"Huh?" Bulma asked as she looked from her paper to the ball.

"That’s it!" she exclaimed as she grabbed the orange ball and rolled it over in her hands. She looked at the ball and was surprised that it had four red stars on it. (It’s a Dragon ball; see I made this fic have something to do w/DBZ!)

"Wow, you actually did something useful for once!" she teased as she jumped up and wrapped her arms around his neck. She gave him a big kiss then stared at the beautiful ball.

"It’s gorgeous! I wonder if Mr. P. will let me keep it?" she said as she leaned into him.

"Woman, stop wasting time. We only got about 15 minutes to get to that mountain to meet the others." He said as he looked at his watch.

"Oh, ok Veggie!" she said as she tousled his hair.

"Woman, are you smoking something?" he asked as he tried to contain his giddy girlfriend.

"Nah, I’m just happy." She said as she pinched his cheek.

He rolled his eyes.

"Whatever. Let’s go." He said as he grabbed her wrist and started dragging her towards the mountain that was just a few feet away from them.

~~~~~~~~~~~~

The six all got to the mountain at the same time.

"Hey, Chichi, 18! Lemme see what you got!" Bulma said as she ran up to her two best friends.

Chichi and 18 showed their objects off to Bulma.

"Wow, that’s a beautiful flower!" Bulma said as she looked at what 18 had showed her.

"Yeah! Hee hee, and Krillin gave me this whole lame story that he was too short to get up in the tree and get the flower, ya know? So, I’m like gimme a boost. It was kind of funny, cuz I started throwing acorns at him!" 18 said as she smiled.

"I have a story, too. Goku goes and gets himself lost, and I don’t want to even go into the conversation we had while I was trying to find him, but when I did he’s standing right in front of this wall with all the vines on it and I’m like… ‘Whoa’, ya know?? Well, I was happy cuz he actually FOUND something for once!" Chichi said as she smiled proudly.

"Me and Vegeta’s story was kind of an ironic one…" Bulma started.

Goku and Krillin walked over to Vegeta who had sat himself on a big boulder.

"What’s up?" Goku asked as he stretched and yawned.

"Nothing…" Vegeta said.

Krillin and Goku exchanged a glance, not believing him for a second.

"Um… so, Vegeta. Did, um… did you and Bulma work out your ‘problem’?" Krillin asked.

"What ‘problem’?" Vegeta asked, sounding utterly bored with the subject.

"Well, before we all went trekking through the forest you yelled at Bulma and walked away… so we all thought something was up." Krillin said with a frown.

"We always argue, don’t you know that? We like it." Vegeta said with a smirk.

Goku raised an eyebrow.

"Did Bulma feed you any unidentified berries or something? Cuz they can make you act really weird, you know, if you eat the wrong shit…" Goku said as he looked at Vegeta skeptically.

Vegeta laughed whole-heartedly.

"Yeah, sure. I’d never let her give me anything to eat! I mean, she can’t cook, what the hell would make you think she’d be able to find anything edible in the forest??" Vegeta asked.

Krillin and Goku laughed sheepishly.

"Hey!" Chichi said to Bulma as she watched Vegeta laugh.

"What do you think has him so happy that he actually cracks a real smile instead of those goddamn annoying evil smirks?" Chichi asked.

Bulma shrugged.

"Maybe Bulma worked her magic on him and got him in check." 18 said.

"Oh, no wait… Vegeta’s too much of an asshole to ever be able to be put in check." 18 said as she smirked.

"Not even by super bitchy dominatrix Bulma." 18 said with a taunting hint to her voice.

Chichi cheered and slapped 18 a high-five.

"God!" Bulma said as she blushed and stuck her tongue out at 18.

"I am NOT a dominatrix but I could get Vegeta in check if I wanted to!" Bulma said as she placed her hands on her hips.

"Yeah sure you could. I mean, he may put up with you more than any of us, cuz you’re his girlfriend, but he’d never change his stuck-up I’m Mr. Everythang attitude for you." Chichi said as she shook her head in disbelief.

"Oh, yes he WOULD!" Bulma yelled at her.

"All right! Me and Chichi bet 20 bucks each that you can’t get Vegeta to do at least three things you tell him to before this day is over." 18 said.

"Yeah!" Chichi agreed.

"We bet fifty dollars each!"

"Whoa… you think I got money to waste??" 18 asked as she stared at Chichi.

"Well… Bulma will definitely lose, so we’ll be gaining fifty not losing. Think of it on the bright side." Chichi said with a smirk.

"Well," Bulma said as she glanced at her boyfriend.

"Be prepared to owe me 100 bucks! Cuz I’ll have him wrapped around my little finger in a matter of hours!" Bulma said.

Chichi and 18 smirked.

"Oh boys!!!" Chichi called.

"Huh? What's up Chi?" Goku called as he, Krillin, and Vegeta walked over.

"We have got to start climbing now. It’s getting late and we want to be up on the mountain and ready to camp before nightfall." Bulma said sweetly.

The three guys glanced at the three beaming girls.

"What’s going on?" Krillin asked.

"Nothing, sweetie, why would anything be going on?" 18 asked as she shrugged on her backpack.

"Yeah, we just wanna make time. It’s already five past three." Chichi said as she too put on her backpack.

Bulma bit her lip and glanced at her four friends. She then looked at her backpack that was on the floor. She smirked as she walked over to Vegeta.

Chichi’s mouth hung open as she watched the way Bulma walked up to Vegeta and swayed her hips.

*Ewww…* Chichi whispered to 18.

*She’s working it already! What do you think she’s gonna do with that little strut??*

*I dunno, but Vegeta had better not do anything she asks him to do, cuz I do not wanna lose $50!!* 18 whispered as she glared at Chichi.

Chichi gulped and watched as Bulma wrapped her arm around Vegeta’s neck and planted a small kiss on his lips.

He looked at her with red cheeks and a confused statement. Kissing in front of the friends was not something they would do.

"Veggie-chan." she cooed.

His features hardened and he gave her an impassive look.

"What do you want now woman?" he asked her.

"Oh, I’m so tired from walking around and I was just wondering…" she said in a baby voice.

"Wondering what??" Vegeta asked her.

"Well, would you mind carrying my backpack for me??? Please??" she asked him.

He rolled his eyes and picked up her pack.

"Are you happy? Now get off me." he said as he shrugged her off.

"Thanks sweetheart." she said as she gave him a little hug.

He glared at her then started up the mountain. Goku and Krillin, looking totally confused at the scene they just watched, walked by the three girls and followed Vegeta up the mountain.

18 and Chichi glanced at Bulma with impressed looks on their faces.

Bulma shrugged.

"One down and two to go." Bulma said flatly.

‘Be prepared to pay up." she warned them.

"You be prepared to pay up. Luck only comes once. Soon he’ll figure out you’re trying to mess with him and then what’ll you do?" 18 asked as she smirked.

"All right. Sure whatever, 18. You two are just disillusioned. Vegeta won’t have a problem doing things for me. And not because he is easily controlled, because he isn’t, but because he loves me!" Bulma said as she smiled.

"Ok. Bulma." Chichi said as she grabbed Bulma's hand and shook.

"We’ll definitely look forward to the end result." 18 said.

The three girls looked towards the mountain and saw that the boys were getting up it pretty fast.

"Hey! They’re going to leave us!!" Chichi shrieked.

"Ah, oh no!!" Bulma said as she started to follow after the boys.

"Hey, no way!! Let’s race!" 18 said as she and Chichi ran up to Bulma.

Bulma laughed.

"Ok, sure!" she said as she stopped where she stood.

"On your marks, get set…" 18 said as she looked at Bulma and Chichi.

"GO!!!" she yelled.

~~~~~~~~~~~~

~Two hours later~ (I said I was gonna fast forward a lot! ^-^)

All six teens were sitting around the campfire listening to 18 brag about her victory in the race she had had with Bulma and Chichi while they roasted hotdogs.

Chichi had come in second and Bulma coming in third.

Bulma rolled her eyes.

"Ok, so it was a wonderful achievement, Ms. 18, but please GET OVER YOURSELF!" Bulma yelled.

18 feigned surprise.

"Oh, why Bulma. Do I detect a hint of jealousy? You just lost because you were waterlogged from your little dip with Veggie-head, that’s all. You’re really a great runner!" 18 said.

Bulma stuck her tongue out at 18 and gave her the finger while Chichi laughed her ass off.

Bulma fished through her backpack for a bottle of water to drink.

She smirked at Chichi who was still laughing. Chichi looked at her slyly. She knew what Bulma had on her mind.

She was going to attempt another ‘favor’ from Vegeta.

Chichi and 18 had said that she would have to tell Vegeta to do things in a bossy way because last time she had buttered him up.

"Hey, Vegeta." Bulma said as she tossed him the bottle.

He caught it and stared at her. "Open this for me." she said in a commanding tone.

"You have hands. You open it." he said as he tossed it back to her.

"Oh, come on. Just open it." she said as she threw it back at him.

"No, you open it." he said as he returned the bottle.

"Ugh, come on." she whined.

"Um… Bulma, I’ll open it for you if you want." Goku offered.

"NO!" Bulma, Chichi and 18 said at the same time.

That aroused suspicion from all three guys.

"Vegeta…" Bulma said threateningly as she threw the bottle back at him, this time aiming for his head. He caught in and smirked at her.

"Woman…" he said knowing that would piss her off. He threw the bottle back at her, making sure she could catch it.

Chichi and 18 watched this amused.

*She so can’t make him open that for her. * Chichi whispered with a smile.

*We’re gonna win $50 bucks! * 18 sang happily.

"Bulma lets chock the price up to 100,each, ok??" Chichi asked as 18 nodded in agreement.

"Sure whatever!" Bulma said as she turned back to Vegeta.

Bulma glared at him, and chucked the bottle at him again.

"Vegeta. I can’t believe you’re too weak to open a bottle of Poland Spring’s. I mean, come on. Do you really want me to have big strong Goku open it instead and show you up?" she asked as she batted her eyelashes at him innocently.

He growled as he grabbed the bottle and twisted the cap off. But he twisted so hard that the mouth of the bottle broke spilling the liquid on him.

He jumped up and started spewing curses.

Bulma grinned as she ran over to him.

"Oh, thank you, Vegeta! But I can’t drink it anymore now." she said as she smiled and patted his arm.

Behind his back she put up two fingers then put her thumb down signaling two down, then held up one finger and hitched her thumb to the right saying one to go.

~~~~~~~~~~~~

Six hours, 54 smores, and 3 rounds of truth or dare later they all were in their tents.

The three girls were all awake and on obvious sugar highs because of all the smores they had consumed.

"Oh boy… I cannot believe I ate all that crap…" Bulma groaned as she rubbed her stomach.

"Yeah, me neither… but, it don’t matter. With the hundred dollars I’m about to win I’m going to the gym." Chichi taunted.

"Oh, shut up." Bulma said as she painfully sat up.

"He won’t even talk to me after the ‘water bottle incident’." Bulma said.

18 rolled over from where she was futilely trying to sleep on her sleeping bag.

"Well, it just turned 11, so you better figure out someway to get Vegeta to ‘follow your commands’ in the next hour." 18 said as she yawned.

Bulma frowned and crossed her arms over her chest.

"Well… I guess I lost then. I don’t have the heart to go over there and screw with him, you know?" Bulma asked.

"Whoo hoo! So you forfeit??" Chichi asked.

"Well I guess s- ooooh! Oh my goooood! Ahhhhhhhhhhh!!!" Bulma screamed as she shot up from her position on the floor.

"What??? WHAT??" 18 and Chichi asked as they too stood up and watched Bulma dance around frantically.

"T-there’s something crawling on me!!!" she yelled as she frantically tried to unzip the tent door.

Chichi helped her and Bulma bolted out.

Goku, Vegeta, and Krillin had heard all the noise and ran out to see Bulma smacking her back and running around like she was possessed.

"Oh god! It’s a SPIDER! It has to be! It’s going to kill me!!!" she screeched.

Vegeta raised an eyebrow.

"Ohhhh, someone help me!" Bulma said as she started running faster.

"Bulma! Stop. Take your shirt off. Maybe it’ll fly away?" Chichi said as she kept her distance, not wanting the nasty bug crawling on her.

Bulma quickly shrugged out of her pajama top and threw her shirt on the floor. She ran over and stomped on it. She let out a sigh of relief, only to feel the thing still crawling on her back.

"Oh… help me!!!!!!" she screamed.

"STAND STILL!" Vegeta shouted in an angry tone.

Although he thought the fact that Bulma’s most feared insect was ‘attacking’ her was hilarious he did not like the idea of his two best friends watching his girlfriend run around in her bra.

Chichi and 18 gasped and then screamed.

They clutched onto each other for dear life.

"AHHHH! It’s a Tarantula! EWWWW! Bulma it’s a tarantula!" the screamed together.

Bulma felt like she was about to pass out.

"Vegeta! Vegeta come and get this off of me now!!!!" she yelled at him.

He growled at her.

"And what if I don’t?’ he asked.

"Oh, you don’t want to find out. Get your ass over here and do it before I kill you!!!" she yelled at him.

Vegeta smirked and walked over to her.

With his thumb and index finger he flicked the offending insect away.

Bulma let out a sigh of relief and crumpled into Vegeta’s arms.

"I… I almost died." she gasped out.

"No you didn’t." Vegeta said as he rolled his eyes.

"You’re just overreacting."

"A-and you listened to me! Hey, Chichi, 18! You heard that! He listened to me!" Bulma said as she stood up.

Chichi and 18 exchanged a glance and stared wide-eyed at Bulma.

"Oh hell no! That doesn’t count! That was a life or death situation! He wouldn’t have just left you there to be devoured by that disgusting thing!" Chichi said as she balled her hands into fists.

"Yes it does count!" Bulma said as she danced circles around Chichi and 18.

"I think two very unlucky some bodies owe me $200." she said.

Vegeta threw her shirt at her.

"Put some clothes on." he said to her.

"And go to sleep. I don’t even want to know what you’re talking about." he said as he turned and went back into his tent.

Bulma pouted but crawled into her tent anyway with Chichi and 18 following close behind grumbling about their loss.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

~Eight o’ clock the next morning~

Bulma, Chichi, 18, Goku, Krillin, and Vegeta tiredly shuffled onto the bus.

They had just spent two hours talking to Mr. Piccalurius about their adventure, signing out of their rooms, eating breakfast, taking showers, and loading the bus.

Bulma stumbled and Vegeta caught her.

"Pick me up. I’m too tired to walk and I’m going through sugar withdrawal." she said.

Vegeta complied and picked her up putting her over his shoulder.

In seconds Bulma was asleep.

18 and Chichi also used their boyfriends as carriers.

Mr. Piccalurius was checking off all the kids as they loaded onto the bus and had to look twice at the procession of students who had just come on.

"Mr. Ouji." he said curtly.

"Please put Ms. Briefs down. We have evolved from the caveman era and there is no reason to carry a woman on your shoulder."

"She’s sleeping and she wouldn’t be able to stand up if I put her down, dumbass." Vegeta said bitterly as he walked by.

Mr. P. rolled his eyes and marked off Vegeta and Bulma as present.

He then saw Goku and Krillin with equally sour expressions on their faces and decided not to pester them either.

As they made their way into the bus, the boys deposited their three girls in a three seater and strapped them in. Then they all went to the three seater right behind their girls. They were about to fall asleep when they heard a very annoying voice.

"Oh, Mr. P! Were you planning on leaving me behind?? I know a lot of the boys here would be disappointed if I didn’t come back." Shelly said as she flirtatiously waved at a few of the boys.

Vegeta rolled his eyes.

"I wish we could leave her here! She’s causing more trouble than good." he groaned as he closed his eyes.

A few minutes later he felt a hand on his shoulder.

He jumped up and wasn’t surprised that it was Shelly.

"Oh, you look so tired, baby." she said as she smiled.

"And I see you’re little girl friend is asleep too. What were you all doing last night, hmm?" she asked as she smirked.

"Whenever you get tired of her, you know my number." she said.

Goku rolled his eyes then turned towards the window not wanting to see the green-haired ditz.

"First of all, I won’t be tired of Bulma and even if I was, I would never go back to you. Go away." Vegeta said exasperatedly.

She shrugged, finally giving up.

"Well, have it your way." she sighed as she walked to the back of the bus.

‘Yeah!" Krillin said weakly as he fought to stay awake.

"You got rid of the wicked witch of the west."

Vegeta smirked and nodded his head groggily.

In seconds all three boys were sleeping peacefully knowing that they’d be back home in a few hours.

* * * * *

Well, was it fulfilling? Hmm… It may have been lacking in some (maybe more) areas. But DON’T freak out! The next chapters will be more eventful! Ok: Chapter 16 will be relatively at school. How will everyone react on the day after the camping trip? And what about those two nuisances, Yamucha and Rae?

Ha ha! I am such a dumb butt! (Been hanging w/my lil cousins too long…) One more thing: I have gotten a LARGE request for update notification so… if someone, anyone will tell me how to set up a mailing list (and if I have to pay for it, cuz I’m dead broke ^-^’) then I will set one up. Because I have no clue as to how those things work!

Do you guys think Bulma and Vegeta argue too much, because I got one complaint on that subject. And I did notice it in this chapter that they argue, kiss, argue, kiss, etc. Isn’t that weird? But, really the point of that is to show that they aren’t perfect. Because, most relationships aren’t perfect. But, if it is excessive arguing and it annoys you guys, I’ll cut back on it! I am also sorry if Goku seemed to have the IQ of Mayo in this chapter! ^-^’

Ok, give me your feed back, loved ones!

Princess


Table of Contents
Chapter 14
Chapter 16