Disclaimer: I do NOT own DB/Z/GT! Ok? Just gotta make that clear with all the suing crap that is going around… u.u what has the world come to? N-e-way!

To my beta babies: Pan-chan, Veggie, Linds; lots of love 2 all of ya’ll!!

Okie, dokie! In this chapter: I promise no more Krillin bashing! No Goku acting like an utter idiot! And what else pissed you guys off, no more of that! Ok?? Good!

What can I say about this chapter… hmm? Maybe it will be ordinary, maybe it’ll be very strange, maybe we’ll have a new character, or maybe we’ll eliminate one? Maybe we’ll have some conflicts? Maybe we’ll have some good news! Who knows? I sure as hell don’t! ^-^ So, sit back, and wait to find out! Also, this chapter uses the dreaded schedule! If you don’t remember it, it’s okay. This’ll probably be the last time I’m using it! I know you guys are probably pissed at the school schedule thing of it all, but I’ll try to make the classes as short as possible and only include the important dialogue!! I’m going to stop at lunch so it save you guys 4 periods!

Note: Emi’s whole name is Emillie (Emi-ly-ae) so if you see that anywhere, know that it’s her.

(Also, lots of thanks for your understanding-ness, and wonderful e-mails and feedback that I got!!)

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

  

16

  

Monday morning, five minutes before school

Bulma and Chichi followed the flowing line of sleepy eyed teens into the building.

"Oh boy, Chi," Bulma said as she yawned.

"I really don’t remember ever going to sleep last night… I honestly don’t think I even remember waking up. Do you think I could possibly still be asleep right now?" she asked.

Chichi laughed.

"Nah, you’re definitely awake, although the condition of your hair might lead people to think you’re still asleep. At least you dressed nicely today." Chichi stated.

Bulma self-consciously ran a hand through her lavender hair. No matter how much gel she put in it, this morning her hair decided to frizz so she had to put it into a messy bun. To make up for it, however she had on a really nice light yellow polo tee, and an indigo blue skirt that went down to her knees. It had a split that went up the middle about four inches then stopped.

"You don’t look that great yourself, Ms. I think I’m a perfect super model." Bulma stated.

Chichi gasped and smoothed down her jeans. She was wearing acid-washed floods, with a light pink ¾ shirt with the number 2 printed on her sleeve in glitter. Her hair was in a sporty ponytail.

"Whatever. Don’t hate, congratulate." She said as she grinned.

"Sure." Bulma said as they turned a corner.

"You’re the one that failed that big fashion exam back in 9th grade remember? And I passed with a B! So there!"

"Oh whatever. That test was hard! And had a lot of crap on it about manufacturing techniques! All I know about are labels!"

"Whatever, Chi, end convo, now." Bulma said as she rolled her eyes.

As Chichi walked past their math class she shrieked in realization.

"Oh, my god, and we have a Math test today. I’d rather die than have to take that horrid test; I didn’t study!" Chichi said as she faked shooting herself in the head.

Bulma showed her compassion for her friend.

"Yeesh, I didn’t either…" she said as she ran a hand through her bangs in worry.

"What the hell do you have to worry yourself about??" Chichi asked in disbelief.

"Remember, you are the freak genius. Hello!" Chichi said as she tapped Bulma on the head.

Bulma frowned and crossed her arms as she approached her locker.

"Not everything comes easy to me Chichi, I actually had a hard time getting a grasp on this section we started learning. I think I might actually get a B on this test!" Bulma said with concern.

"Eek! If you get a B, that’ll mean I’m getting a F for sure!!" Chichi said as she started pulling at her hair.

Bulma laughed.

"Look, Chi, I’ll help you study in Homeroom." Bulma offered.

"Yeah, those are words I like to hear!" Chichi said as she followed her friend to their homeroom.

~~~~~~~~~~

~In Vegeta and Goku’s homeroom~

Chaos was in the room because everyone felt like they could do whatever they wanted. The teacher had no authority in the room and Vegeta and Goku were having a hard time having a conversation.

Vegeta angrily glared at the group of boys at the back of the room who were making the most noise.

He got up and walked over to the leader, Fabio.

He tapped the green haired jock on the shoulder.

When Fabio turned around he sneered at the person standing behind him.

"Oh, and to what do I owe the pleasure your highness?" Fabio asked in a mocking tone.

Vegeta glared.

"You can lower your goddamn voice, before I make it so as you don’t have a fucking mouth to speak with anymore." He threatened.

Fabio paled slightly and was about to retort when one of his friends stopped him.

"It’s not worth it." His friend said, and Fabio just turned around.

Vegeta smirked as he walked back over to Goku.

"Like I was saying, Kakarot, I got a problem." Vegeta said as his smirk turned into a frown.

"A problem like what?" Goku asked.

"I don’t know exactly how I would say this because you can be a real dumb ass at times, and you probably wouldn’t understand exactly what it is that I’m talking about." Vegeta said.

"Oh, come on, Vegeta. I’ll listen quietly and I’ll try to understand." Goku said, now getting very curious as to what was bothering his friend.

"Well, this Saturday is my birthday…" Vegeta said dejectedly.

"Oh! Hey, wow! I forgot all about that. You’ll be 18! You gonna have a party??" Goku asked in excitement.

"That’s the problem. I don’t want to have a party!" Vegeta said angrily.

"Hey, why not? You’ll have all your closest friends and family together to celebrate your 18th." Goku said.

"I don’t get why you wouldn’t want to have a party." Goku said with a confused voice.

"My mother made the list for my party. Even though all of my friends, including Bulma, which is a surprise, are on it, she’s still inviting all my embarrassing family! She’s even inviting your brother Radditz for Emi’s sake. You know she has a crush on your brother, right?" Vegeta said.

"Anyway, I’m pissed cuz that’s not the way I want to spend my birthday. Not with people like Tama-gi, Emi, my mom and dad and a lot of other people I can’t stand!"

"Lemme see the list." Goku said.

Vegeta pulled out a piece of pink stationery paper, which was his mom’s, and a stack of invitations.

Goku unfolded the pink paper and tried to decipher Vegeta’s mother’s handwriting.

My baby’s party list:

1) My little baby boy turned man, Vegeta 2.) Vegeta’s girlfriend, Bulma 3) Kakarot Son 4) Radditz Son 5) Chichi Mau 6) 18 + 17 Jinzougen 7) Krillin (don’t know this child’s last name…) 8) me, of course! 9) Vegeta’s father 10) Grandpa and Grandma 11) Emillie 12) Tama-gi 13) Mr. And Mrs. Briefs 14) Emi’s dad 15) Vegeta’s old girlfriend… Shelly (?) 16) Vegeta’s aunt, Marie 17) Vegeta’s Uncle, Celery

After the 17th name Goku had stopped, but there were still 28 more names on the list.

"Wow! Looks like she had this planned for awhile!" Goku said.

"And I would be embarrassed if I were you. A lot of your family is gonna be there. I think maybe you just shouldn’t tell the rest of the gang about it, and just let us go out on Friday or Sunday night." Goku suggested.

"Yeah, but my mom wants to have it in the backyard if it’s sunny enough and Bulma lives almost a block away from me. She would sure as hell notice a party and wonder why I didn’t invite her." Vegeta whined.

Goku scratched his head in thought.

"Oh, well you are stuck between a rock and a hard place." Goku said as he shrugged.

"Maybe you should just invite us… I mean, it’ll give Bulma and her parents a chance to bond with your parents. Cuz you said there was a lot of bitterness between them, right?" Goku asked.

"Yeah, my dad and Bulma’s dad hate each other." Vegeta spoke.

"And sometimes, my mom and her mom don’t get along too well either, ya know? I told you about my mom’s weird mood swings right?" Vegeta asked.

"Man, you wouldn’t have to tell me! I’ve known you so long and have slept over so much that that woman thinks I’m her son and that she can bitch at me!" Goku said.

Vegeta laughed, now feeling a lot better about the situation.

He’d get through the party, and hopefully bring his and Bulma’s families closer together.

"So… I’m going to let my mom keep the list … and I’ll risk the chance of serious social embarrassment." Vegeta conceded.

Goku nodded.

"But chicks dig the whole family scene thing. Maybe Bulma will think you’re… what’s that word… um, oh yeah ‘sensitive’ if you let her see you in your at home surroundings." Goku said.

"Kakarot," Vegeta said as he raised an eyebrow at his friend.

"Have you been watching those TV relationship talk shows again?"

Goku shook his head, no, and laughed.

"That’s just what Chichi tells me, so I invite her over to my house sometimes. My grandpa and her argue a lot though." Goku said as he leaned back in his chair.

Vegeta smirked as he pressed his foot against the seat of the chair making Goku tilt even further back. Goku’s eyes widened as Vegeta pushed some more and let Goku fall.

Vegeta laughed his head off as Goku rubbed his sore bottom.

"Well, maybe you’re a little too sensitive, eh?" he asked just as the bell rang.

"Shit, homeroom’s over. Get off your ass Kakarot." Vegeta ordered.

Goku got up and saluted Vegeta mockingly.

"Sir, yes, sir!" he barked.

Vegeta rolled his eyes.

"I’ll see you in lunch. Ok, I’ll tell the woman about my party either in Science or Driver’s Ed." He said as he strolled out of the classroom.

"Aye aye captain." Goku said as he nodded

~~~~~~~~~~~

First Period- Science

Vegeta and Bulma met up in the hall like they usually did to walk to science together.

Bulma noticed he looked troubled so she nudged him in the side.

"What’s your problem? You didn’t tease me once and five seconds have already gone by, are you not feeling well?" she asked seriously.

"I’ll tell you about it in class." He said as they approached their room.

He pulled the door open for her and she stared shocked.

"Oh my goodness, gentlemanly behavior, too?? You must have a terminal disease!" she said as she walked into the room.

He scowled and followed in after her.

"Attention students!" the young looking sub shouted.

"I am just out of college, this is my first time subbing and I don’t care what the hell you guys do!" he said.

"Talk, kill each other, make out, whatever. Just remember the work for today is pages 49-53 all. Ms. Shane wants it done completely for tomorrow." He said.

The class groaned at the assignment but was loving the freedom the new sub gave them.

Bulma grinned as she walked across the room to her seat.

"All right. A sub! I can call Chi on her celly cuz there’s a sub for Sewing class also! Hee hee."

As soon as Bulma got situated into her seat Vegeta slapped the guest list down onto her desk.

Bulma stared at the two sheets of pink stationery.

She blinked up at him in confusion as she grabbed the paper.

She looked down as she unfolded it and gasped as she read the first line.

"Oh wow! You’re having a party?? Oh, duh, I forgot your birthday is always at the end of the year! But you’d never tell us what day cuz you didn’t want us coming over with gifts or anything. So, what is this now? Are you trying to tell me you’re inviting me?" Bulma asked as she scanned the list and saw her name as number two. Vegeta nodded solemnly as he slipped into the seat behind her to read over her shoulder.

After number 1, which said, my little baby boy turned man; she assumed it was Vegeta’s mom who wrote the list.

"And I’m surprised I’m even on here! Your mom must have been in a good mood when she wrote this. Hopefully she won’t revise it and cross me off. But I am so excited! I’ll get to meet Emi and Tama-gi and all your other family! This’ll be so much fun!" she said as she started giggling.

"Oh, I’ll have to get my hair and nails done and buy an absolutely gorgeous new dress to make a good impression on your mom! And should I get her a present or flowers or something? What’s her favorite color? Should I bring anything? Maybe I should bake a cake? Or does your mom want to do that instead?? Oooh, or maybe I should help decorate! I’m good with decorating; I am on the dance committee you know!" Bulma said as she ran her hand through her hair trying to figure out a new style or if she should get it cut.

Vegeta blinked in shock at how she had spewed all those words out in two seconds.

He was also surprised that she was excited about it, he for one wasn’t.

"Hey, why didn’t you ever tell us your 18th was coming up?" she asked as she stopped messing with her hair for a second.

"Because I’m not relishing the idea." He said as he plucked the list from her hands.

Bulma frowned.

"Why not? We all are! Chichi and I don’t turn 18 till wintertime! And with Krillin, Goku and 18 it’s not until Fall. So you’re like the big brother to all of us. You’ve got to make an example and show peeps its fun to be 18! Gosh! And you could get us into all the good clubs while we’re on Summer Break!" Bulma said.

Vegeta crossed his arms over his chest and pouted.

"No. It’s different. You’re looking at the bright side. I’m a pessimist, if you don’t remember? I only see the bad. My dad is expecting me to ‘grow up’ and ‘be a man’ and all this other shit. They’ll want me to start paying for work on my car when I total it! They’ll want me to pay rent! I don’t want to get old!" he said.

Bulma giggled.

"You’re only 18 Vegeta! Not 50! Besides, you should be acting more responsible anyway. Just… try not to wreck your car as often." She suggested.

"Oh, and if you’re off at college you won’t have to pay rent at their place. Besides, I don’t think I’d like it if you grew up and turned out like your father, that guy scares me!" Bulma said as she smiled at him.

Vegeta let out a heavy sigh as he fished around in his backpack and pulled out an invite with her name on it. He winced at the light pink envelope.

"And what’s with the gay ass colors?" he asked mainly himself.

Bulma smiled.

"It’s cute… but not for a guy’s birthday. Here, lemme go to the store after school and write up new invites that you can hand out tomorrow." She suggested.

"I would gladly agree but my mom wants all the RSVPs by tonight because the party’s on Saturday and she’ll need an exact count for when she calls the caterers." He said as he sighed.

"Whoa…" she said as she manipulated the little pink invite in her hands.

She slipped the invitation out and almost started laughing when she saw it.

It was barney with a party hat on and a big cheesy grin on his face. Next to him in big letters it said: Guess who’s turning another year older today? Bulma couldn’t help it and snickered.

Vegeta raised an eyebrow at her.

"What?" he asked.

He had never even considered looking at the card.

"Barney? The purple dinosaur?? Vegeta these really need help." Bulma said as she leaned over and pulled out the other invites from Vegeta’s bag.

"I got an idea! We see everyone at lunch, right? Well, I can skip study hall and go to the computer lab. Mr. Petra doesn’t mind me dropping by, so I can type this information onto a cool flyer and print out a couple copies. SO all you got to do is hand them out to whomever you want. Just do me a favor." Bulma said as she glanced at the guest list.

"Make sure Ms. Shelly Ramsey does not show up at your door." Bulma said as she pointed to number 15.

He nodded his head.

"Will do. Um… I guess I just… Iwannasaythanksforhelpingme." He muttered, purposely jumbling his sentence.

"Huh?" Bulma asked him.

"Thanks." He said as he stared at the queer dinosaur. (A/n: I never liked Barney *shudders*)

Bulma laughed.

"Ok, I’ll make arrangements. You’ll have to tell me what you’d like it to say and everything unless you want me to re-type exactly what Barney here has to say." She said as she held up the card.

"Ok, ok!" he said as he grabbed her hand.

"Put that down, I don’t want people thinking it belongs to me." he said.

"And another thing." He said as he got out his science book.

"Don’t let anyone see what you’re doing while you’re in the computer lab, ok? I don’t want any uninvited guests showing up at my party." He said.

She nodded then turned around to start working on the plans for the flyer.

~~~~~~~~~

Period 2- Driver’s Ed

Bulma sighed as she walked into the Driver’s Ed. Room. A TV was set up meaning they’d be watching another boring movie on driving safety. She thought it real ironic how you could get a license for an air-car at 13 but had to wait till you were 18 to get one for an on-road car.

She slipped into a seat behind some redhead girl. She wanted someone she knew to appear because she felt absolutely bored and alone without her other friends. She hated being early. She bent over to get a pen out of her purse on the floor when she felt someone tap her shoulder.

Thinking it was Vegeta she smiled.

"Wait a sec, ok?" she asked as she shuffled through her assortment of metallic gel pens and finally decided on a green one.

As she rose up she gasped in surprise.

"Yamucha?" she asked him as she turned her mouth into a frown.

"What do you want?" she asked him.

"Nothing, just wanted to see how you were doing…" he said as he looked at the floor.

Bulma raised an eyebrow at him.

"And? I’m doing fine, thank you? How’s your hand doing? Is it healing nicely?" she asked in a voice dripping with sarcastic sweetens.

He gave her an angry look but she just dismissed it.

"Anyway, to think I’d even want to talk to you after that little conspiracy you pulled with Rae and Shelly on the trip would be outrageous. Hurry along now, and get lost. Vegeta should be in soon." She said with a triumphant smirk.

"What are you talking about?" he asked, ignoring her warning about Vegeta.

"I did nothing with Rae and Shelly. I think you’re just looking for someone to blame Vegeta’s unfaithfulness on." He said as he mimicked the smirk she had worn a few seconds ago.

"Unfaithfulness? What the hell are you talking about? Or maybe you’re just confusing yourself with my Vegeta?" she asked him.

He sneered at her.

"Oh sure, Bulma. You don’t know that everyone’s talking about how Vegeta kissed Shelly on the bus while you were right there?" He said as he slipped into he seat behind her.

"There are some pretty juicy details to go along with that, you know." He said.

Bulma frowned at him.

"Sure. Just for someone who’s looking for gossip like you are." She said as she turned back around wondering where Vegeta was.

Yamucha snickered.

"Sure Bulma, I relish seeing you unhappy." He said sarcastically.

"I actually cared about you a lot, Bulma. And I’m hurt that you’re clinging to Vegeta so tightly. You know how he is." Yamucha said as he shrugged.

Bulma turned around angrily.

"WHAT??" she asked him; daring him to say another word.

Yamucha backed up in fright.

"A-all I mean is that he’s known for only dating a girl for two weeks. You guys just hit the two-week mark last week, but everyone says he’s only continuing to go out with you so he can get in your pants. And then after that, he’ll drop you. Bulma, I don’t want to see you get hurt." Yamucha said sincerely.

Bulma looked at him with an indecisive look on her face.

‘He’s a good talker, but I can’t believe a single word he says. Why should I?’ she asked herself.

"Yamucha, why are you such a good liar? You know Vegeta won’t do that to me. You also know that we’re through. You’re upset that I'm not with you. I’m upset that you only care about me now that I’ve found someone I could truly love and in turn be loved back." She said.

"Bullshit." Yamucha said as he got to his feet.

"Vegeta does not love you! I at least cared about you Bulma! You ask him to say it to you, and see if he can! It’s true, and you know it, that all he wants you for is your body. Don’t be an idiot Bulma. We were happier together. You knew all my good and bad qualities. At least I didn’t pretend when I was around you." Yamucha said.

Bulma angrily got to her feet and pushed him away from her.

"What the fuck is wrong with you?? Do you think cheating on me repeatedly, hurting me, and then lying about everything is a quality?? NO! Vegeta is NOT pretending with me. We are truly happy with each other. Are you that jealous that you won’t even let me be happy?? You’re free to date every single girl in this school, but now that you don't have me to run back to when you need someone who really cared about you you’re all pissy about it. I’m tired of being used! I’m not going to go through it again. Vegeta’s the only one for me, Yamucha. I’m sorry I made the mistake to even waste three years with you." Bulma said flatly.

Yamucha sighed as he looked at her.

"I admit I made a mistake with cheating on you so many times Bulma and you’re right that I only realized how much I wanted you when I didn’t have you… but you have to admit that you were wrong for going out with Vegeta!" he said.

Bulma looked at him in disbelief. She had never seen him so pitiful. She then did the worse thing she could possibly think of to do. She laughed.

"Oh my goodness! How did I make a mistake? You’re the asshole that cheated on me, and you’re the one that’ll have to pay for it! I’m happy! I’m in love. You’re depressed and jealous and this is my fault how?" she asked him.

He balled his hand into a fist and felt like smacking her.

"Bulma, you’ll be sorry you ever did this to me." he warned her.

Her eyes widened in confusion.

"What did I do to you? You’re the one that came over to me and started telling me how I should get rid of my boyfriend and come running back to you." Bulma said as she placed her hands on her hips. Now she was getting angry.

"Fine, forget about it! Don’t come crying to me when he hurts you and believe me, he will." Yamucha said as he turned and stalked right out the classroom. He brushed by the Driver’s Ed teacher on his way out.

"Hey, young man! Come back here! You’ll get a cut slip if you don’t!" the teacher called but Yamucha kept on walking.

Bulma looked up at the clock, wondering why the bell hadn’t rung yet and where all her friends were.

Just as the bell rang 18, Krillin, and Vegeta rushed in.

They walked to their desks, hoping the teacher wouldn’t notice and he didn’t because he was still fuming over Yamucha.

18 took a seat next to Bulma, Krillin behind 18, and Vegeta slipped in behind Bulma.

"Where were you oh prince in shining armor?" Bulma asked sarcastically.

Vegeta raised an eyebrow at her.

"Well, there was this big fight in the hall. We were watching it." He explained.

"Well, you should have come to class earlier. Guess who I had to deal with." She told them.

"Who?" 18 and Krillin asked.

"Yamucha." Vegeta told them through clenched teeth.

"Oh." 18 and Krillin said.

"So what did the asshole do this time?" 18 asked.

"He had better not have done anything. Doesn’t he ever learn?" Vegeta said as he cracked his knuckles.

Bulma rolled her eyes at him.

"Well, he went on and on about how I should break up with Vegeta." Bulma whispered to 18 while Vegeta was describing ways he’d disfigure Yamucha to Krillin.

"What? Why?" 18 asked.

"He said that Vegeta was only staying with me this long so he could sleep with me." Bulma said as she pouted.

"Well, you know that’s not true!" 18 said as she frowned and crossed her arms over her chest.

"I know that. Now, it’s got me thinking why he hasn’t even asked." Bulma said with a frown on her face.

"What?" 18 asked in confusion.

"He didn’t ask you because he respects you." 18 said as if it were a no-brainer.

"Well… that could be it." Bulma said.

"What’s wrong with you. I don’t get you at all. With Yamucha it was no sex, but with Vegeta you’re wondering why you aren’t having any??" 18 asked incredulously.

"Shh…" Bulma said in embarrassment.

"That’s not it. I’m just wondering why he hasn’t asked. Even hinted at it yet. Do you think he doesn’t want to sleep with me that maybe something’s wrong with me?? Maybe that’s why Yamucha cheated on me? Maybe I’m just not sexy enough." Bulma said as she started to get worried.

18 gave her a weird look.

"Maybe all the sun you were exposed to on the camping trip fried your brain?" 18 said seriously.

"You do look a little tan. Can you feel your brain leaking out of your ear?" 18 said as she inspected Bulma’s ear.

"Stop that!" Bulma said as she batted 18’s hand away.

"What are you getting at?"

"What I’m getting at is you must be an idiot to think that you’re not sexy enough for that monkey." 18 said as she nodded toward Vegeta who was flexing his muscles, showing Krillin the muscles that delivered better hits.

Bulma sighed.

"Well, something’s wrong." She said as she frowned.

"If I were you, I’d be suspicious about Vegeta’s tactics too. But, me and Chichi have noticed that he has totally changed since you two started dating. He’s still mean, but he’s not so god-damn annoying anymore!" 18 said as she snickered.

Bulma smiled.

"So, you don’t think Vegeta’s avoiding the subject, right?" Bulma asked.

"You know, I never said that. Boys will be boys and their hormone’s rage but maybe he can control it. All I’m saying is that he doesn’t bring it up because you’re not comfortable with it." 18 said as she tucked a strand of blonde hair behind her ear.

"All right. I’m glad then. Hey, guess what?" Bulma said.

"What?" 18 asked.

"I’ve got something really cool to tell you at lunch. It’s the funniest thing and has to do with Vegeta and where we’ll all be Saturday night!" Bulma said.

"What? Where??" 18 asked now getting excited.

"No, no, no. You’ll have to wait until lunch. Just keep your schedule open." Bulma said with a grin.

18 pouted.

"Attention, class!" the teacher called.

Everyone looked up.

"There will be a Driver’s Ed. final exam next week. Do not waste your time. This exam counts for 75% of your grade since you delinquents do nothing in this class anyway. I suggest you spend the weekend reading your manuals and the worksheets I have handed out." He said.

‘Oh, we won’t be studying this weekend. Vegeta’s party will be da bomb! I’ll make sure of that.’ Bulma thought as plans started to flow through her head.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Period 3- Math

"Bulma!" Chichi shouted down the hall as she saw her friend turn a corner.

"Chichi!" 18 called out to her friend.

"Hey, 18. What’s up? Why does Bulma walk so fast; it’s as if she wants to go to class!" Chichi complained.

"Nothin much, just chillin, you?" 18 asked.

"Well… I’m kind of sad." Chichi said as she shrugged.

"Bout what?" 18 asked as she watched Bulma turn yet another corner quickly.

"Well you know… graduation. I don’t want to leave and grow up. While we were on the trip I realized how much fun I had with you guys." Chichi said as she sighed heavily.

"Aw, Chi. Come on now, don’t make me get all sad now. Besides, we’ll see each other over summer break. Don’t get depressive over this! We’ve still got a couple weeks left. Anyway, did Bulma tell you about her big secret surprise thing? I’m dying to know and I know she tells you her top secret shit." 18 said.

"No, she didn’t tell me anything, and now I’m peeved that she told you before she told me!" Chichi said as she approached her class.

Bulma was already inside, seated and prepared to do work.

"Listen, 18. I’ll catch you later after I beat the info out of Bulma. Ok?" Chichi said as she placed her hand on the doorknob.

"Yeah, I-ight, cool." 18 said as she turned around.

"Hey, aren’t you gonna be late for class?" Chichi asked with worry.

Her class was two floors up and in a totally different direction.

"Nah, I’m usually late anyway. TTFN!" 18 said as she turned around.

Chichi sighed and then entered the classroom.

"Bulma! What, you didn’t hear me screaming your name in the hallway?" Chichi asked, in annoyance, as she spotted Bulma.

"Huh?" Bulma asked as her head shot up from a pink paper she was reading.

"What are you talking about?"

"I’m talking about the fact that I was calling for you in the hallway. You know what, forget it." Chichi said as she slipped into the seat beside Bulma.

"You talk to Vegeta today? Goku told me he looked upset." Chichi asked as she inspected her manicure, making sure her nails were perfect.

"Yeah, he talked to me. But, we’ve worked it out." Bulma said as she slipped the invite into her purse.

"So, what was his reason for bitching this time?" Chichi asked nonchalantly as she found a chip in her nail and started filing.

"Oh… well nothing." Bulma said secretively.

Chichi slapped down her nail file.

She glanced at the giggling Bulma with a raised eyebrow.

"What’s going on??" Chichi asked.

"Oh, nothing." Bulma said as she smirked at Chichi.

"You’ll find out in all good time."

Chichi looked at her in surprise.

Never had Bulma ever kept a secret from Chichi for more than two minutes.

"Are you serious??" Chichi asked.

Bulma nodded as she laughed to herself.

"It isn’t anything scary like you being pregnant or moving away is it??" Chichi asked as she leaned closer to Bulma.

"No way! How could I get pregnant? And if I were moving away I wouldn’t be smiling! But, the main point is that you’ll enjoy this surprise. Keep your schedule clear. That’s all I’m going to tell you." Bulma said.

Chichi was going to protest but the Math teacher blew her whistle.

"Listen up." The teacher yelled.

"The end of the year is soon, and most of you are failing. You cannot afford to slack off just because you’ll be graduating soon! Is that clear. Ok. You will do pages 508-513, all, and hand it in to me at he end of the period for a test grade. If you get one wrong you fail. It is a sink or swim grade."

The class groaned but got to work anyway.

~~~~~~~~~~

English

Krillin watched as his girlfriend strolled in, late as usual.

"Ms. 18." The teacher said as she glanced at 18.

"I do believe we chatted about this tardiness of yours. Oh, why won’t you stop being tardy??"

"I dunno, I guess I got lots more important things to do, Ms. Rane." 18 said as she shrugged.

"I am obligated to give detentions for tardiness but… since it’s the last month of school I’ll let you slide. But, 18, please, do try and get here before the bell rings. Take a seat." Ms. Rane instructed.

18 flashed her a toothy grin then took her seat.

"Oh, no fair." 18 heard a voice pop up from behind her.

"I thought you might actually get in trouble for once. But, I guess it’s predictable that she’d ‘let you slide’." Rae said in a disdainful tone.

"Kuso, and I was hoping you’d be absent today. Must you always have to be here annoying me?" 18 asked as she turned around to glare at Rae.

Rae smirked.

"Listen, ho-" she started but was cut off by 18.

"Who’s the ho? I heard about the bed you were found in on the camping trip. Or what, did you happen to sleep walk and end up screwing Yamucha. You deserve a big capital H O for that one." 18 said.

Now, their conversation caught the attention of the entire classroom and everyone was listening intently.

"Shut up. You’re just jealous that you can’t have what I have." Rae said as her face started to burn, nonetheless.

18 smirked.

"Sure," she said sarcastically.

"I’d want to trade my lovable, cute, loyal hunk Krillin here for your cheating disgusting perverted jackass! Oooh, I’m so jealous!"

Krillin snickered.

Rae stuck her nose in the air and turned around.

"Oh, you told her 18." A girl said as she gave 18 the thumbs up.

18 smirked.

‘I’m bad, I know it.’ 18 congratulated herself.

~~~~~~~~~~

Period 4- Math

As the bell rang to signal the beginning of 4th period Vegeta couldn’t help but smirk to himself.

‘Today will be the day. If the little prick says anything at all to me, I’m gonna beat the shit out of him’ he thought maliciously.

"Eew, what has the troll smiling so evilly?" Rae asked as she walked in and sat across from him.

Vegeta raised an eyebrow at her and let his good mood diminish.

"What are you doing here? Shouldn’t you be somewhere screwing Yamucha?" he asked her.

Rae rolled her eyes.

"Enough with the cracks. So, you’ve got me. Big whoop. I’m in love with Yamucha. You care why? Hmm? You think you should be worried cuz Yamucha might have semi feelings for Bulma?" Rae asked as she twirled a strand of curly hair between her fingers.

"Well, I just wanted to tell you, that I’m tired of your stupid friends. See, those girls always have to bitch at me about some one thing or the other. Can’t they leave me alone? Do you think you could help me get them off my back? I’d really appreciate it if you would." She asked as she leaned closer to him and stroked his arms.

Vegeta’s eyes widened in disgust as he pulled away from her.

"What the hell is wrong with you??" he asked as he wiped his arm on the desk.

Rae’s eyes flashed anger.

"What’s your problem? Don't know a drop-dead gorgeous girl when you see one?? Oh, no you probably don’t because you picked Bulma over me. But, I’ll let that slide because you’re not all that bright. See, it’s very rare to find beauty and brains and I am the embodiment of it. So, we’ll try one more time, ok?" she asked him.

He scowled at her.

"Bulma is the embodiment of brains and beauty. You are trash. What happened to all the shit about ‘loving’ that asshole? Hmm? Women are so fickle. Besides, if you’d ever think I’d go for you, you must be stupid. And you aren’t all that great looking either."

Rae silently seethed to herself.

"What are you still doing here? I’d think you’d be running away crying now." Vegeta asked.

"You are so going to pay for that." Rae warned.

"How??" he asked in a bored tone.

"Oh, you’ll see. Just because he can’t hurt you doesn’t mean he can’t hurt her." Rae warned.

"And he’ll get his way, too. You won't be wearing your smug little smirks for long."

Vegeta looked up at her seeing her mirth.

He growled as he stood up.

"Yo, bitch." He said as he glared at her.

"What is that supposed to mean??" he asked, now getting irritated and pissed off.

"N-nothing." Rae said fearing Vegeta’s angered look.

"Just a m-message from Yamucha, watch your backs." She said as she backed out of the room.

Vegeta angrily sat down and seethed cursing loudly and thinking up all the way she could kill Yamucha. All the kids in the class, who were scared shitless by the angry Vegeta, were wondering where their teacher was.

~~~~~~~~~~~~

Science

"Oh, yeah! Krillin I’ve still got a high from telling Rae off." 18 said as she hugged her boyfriend.

Krillin smiled, just loving the attention.

"You think I should be a critic or something? A job where I can get paid for dissing people?" she asked him.

"Heh, who knows?" Krillin asked,

"Attention boys and girls. You have a project due Wednesday. Remember, it’s on cloning. Don’t forget to hand it in." Ms. Burgundy said strictly.

"Split up into your groups and I want to hear no talking unless it is about cloning!"

Krillin and 18 went to their table and got out their equipment.

"Did Bulma tell you anything today?" 18 asked him.

"Nah, I didn’t even talk to her today. But Goku told me Vegeta’s got some thing to tell us. I dunno what it’s all about." Krillin said.

"Hmmm. I love gossip so much! I’ve got to find out before anyone else. SO… It’s about Vegeta, and Bulma knows because she’s his girlfriend and Goku knows because he’s his best friend. Hopefully he has told no one else. It must be something obvious cuz Bulma told me to keep my schedule open." 18 said as she tapped her microscope thoughtfully.

~~~~~~~~~~~~

Study Hall

"Hey, Bulma, where are you going?" Chichi asked as Bulma got a pass from the Study hall monitor.

"Oh, I got some work to do in the computer lab." Bulma explained.

"Work like what? Or are you going to remain all secretive?" Chichi asked as she settled herself into her seat.

Bulma smiled and shrugged.

"I’ll remain secretive."

Chichi frowned and turned her head.

"I can’t believe you. How can you keep something from me this long!" Chichi said.

Bulma shrugged.

"I guess I’m getting better at keeping my mouth shut, ne? Anyway, I’ll be back by the end of the period." Bulma said as she gathered her books and hurried out.

"Yeesh, and again she ditches me when we need to study!" Chichi remarked sullenly.

‘Now, I’ll have to do the work all by myself.’ She thought as she looked around the room dismally.

She smirked when she spotted a bookworm whom had been in some of her classes.

"Hey, Marcus." She cooed, gaining his attention.

"Can you help me with biology?" she asked as she fluttered her eyelashes at him.

Seeing him blush and fluster, she couldn't help but giggle inside.

‘Boys are so easy to entertain.’ She thought.

~~~~~~~~~~~~

Computer Lab

"Hey, Mr. Petra, can I use your computers for a minute?" Bulma asked as she walked into the room.

"Sure, Bulma. I’m about to go to lunch though. You’ll be ok in here by yourself?" he asked her.

"Huh? Yeah sure…" Bulma said as she sat down at the computer and prepared to work.

20 minutes later she printed out the first sheet.

"Hmm," she said as she scanned the page with her eyes.

It was a bright orange flyer with balloons and confetti all around it.

In big black letters it read: This Saturday you are invited to the hottest party this year!

Then it smaller letters it gave directions, the time, and stated who the party was for.

"Aw, he’s gonna so love me for this. Changed it from that dorky thing to something semi-acceptable." She said as she made the printer print out 20 more copies.

"Vegeta’s mom can send the Barney things to the relatives because I know she’ll have a fit if she knows I changed these." Bulma said as she separated relative invites from friend invites.

"Hmmm, can’t believe Vegeta’s gonna have Radditz and Junnana at a party together. Doesn’t he know they can’t stand each other? Ooh, and Daddy and Mr. Ouji. What was Vegeta’s mom thinking when she made this list? They’re always at each other’s throats, and after Daddy won the city golf championship and Mr. Ouji came in second they never even talk anymore… But, then again it might be because Mr. Ouji beat Daddy at the bowling competition three years in a row and always rubs it in." Bulma said as she winced.

"Gosh, the fates are against us, Veggie." Bulma said as she collected the papers and shut down the computers.

"But, we’ll make it work." She said as she shoved the papers in her bag and walked out.

~~~~~~~~~~~

Lunch

Bulma ran into the cafeteria five minutes late and everyone was sitting around the table impatiently waiting for her.

"What’s up with this?" she asked them as she smiled.

"They seem to all be waiting for you to tell them all some big surprise." Vegeta said as he crossed his arms over his chest.

"What?" Bulma asked as she sat down.

"It seems, you told 18 who told Chichi and also told Krillin, who told 17, who told Kakarot, who told me. They all think I know what this ‘big surprise’ is. But what isn’t a big surprise is your inability to keep your mouth shut." He said as he glared at her.

Bulma frowned.

"Whoa! I didn’t tell me anything, besides they’re going to have to find out anyway. I finished the new ‘documents’ Vegeta." Bulma said.

"You wanna see before I give them out?" she asked.

He rolled his eyes.

"You’re making it a much bigger deal than it really should be." He said.

"Give it to them. I don't care." Vegeta said.

Bulma pouted as she reached into her messenger bag and took out the flyers passing them out to Krillin, 18, Goku, Chichi, and 17. She then gave the extras to Vegeta to do with as he pleased.

"Whoa!" 17 exclaimed.

"I never even knew you had a birthday. You never celebrated it…"

"Oh! How cute! A birthday party, Vegeta! That’s so cool! I haven’t been to one in like five years!" Chichi exclaimed.

"Yeah, that’d be so cute! And we’ll make Vegeta wear a party hat!" 18 said.

"He’ll get birthday punches!" Krillin said as he joined in.

"And we’ll make Bulma and Vegeta cut the cake together." Chichi said as she giggled.

"Oh, what do we wear??? Bulma come here, we have to make sure we go shopping together so we don’t clash!!" Chichi said excitedly.

"See, Vegeta I told you they’d be happy." Goku said with a grin.

Vegeta shook his head in disbelief.

‘I wonder still some times how I ever got involved with a bunch like this…’ Vegeta thought dismally.

"Yo, I got to go. My girlfriend just arrived." 17 said as he shot up and gathered his books.

"Um… which one?" 18 asked, knowing her brother had a new ‘girlfriend’ every two days.

"Uh, Amy I think. Yeah, Amy." He said.

"Catch you guys later. Vegeta I’ll be at your party." He said as he walked away.

"I-ight." Vegeta said.

"So, what about the rest of you?" Vegeta asked.

"Oh, definitely us three." Chichi answered for herself, 18, and Bulma.

"I’m in." Krillin said.

"Me too, definitely." Goku said.

"All right, it’s settled. You’ll have to call tonight and check in with my mom, though." Vegeta said.

Suddenly the whole table got quiet.

"Are you serious?" Bulma finally asked.

"Yeah, I’m serious. She is really organized and if she wrote you must RSVP to her, then you’ve got to do it." Vegeta said.

"Can’t you just tell her that we all said we’re going to come?" Krillin asked.

"Nah, she wants confirmation from your parents, also." Vegeta said.

Chichi glanced at 18 with a look that said, ‘is he for real?’

"We’re not 6 year olds, ya know? We’ll all be 18 soon. She can’t trust us?" Chichi asked.

Bulma laughed.

"Maybe that’s exactly why she won’t trust us."

"Vegeta, why don’t you tell your mom to let Emi take care of all the RSVPs because Emi’s way whole lot easier to talk to. Heh, I remember when I was sick one time in 9th grade and called your house for homework and your mom took an hour asking me about my school work and love life. In the end, you weren’t even home." Bulma said as she laughed.

Vegeta rolled his eyes.

"I’ll tell Emi to handle it then."

"Who’s Emi?" 18 asked.

"Vegeta’s cousin." Chichi said as if it were old news.

"Okay…" 18 said.

"Hungry." Goku said as he rubbed his stomach.

"Need foooooood."

Chichi laughed.

"Sorry. Let’s get some food, hunny." Chichi said as she grabbed his hand and walked to the lunch line.

"Yeah, we’re going to head to the line too." Krillin said.

"You coming?" 18 asked.

"Yes." Vegeta said.

"No." Bulma said at the same time.

"What?" he asked as he stared at her.

"Woman, I’m starving."

"Vegeta, you’re stomach can wait. I have to talk to you… in private." Bulma said.

He rolled his eyes, looked longingly at the lunch line and then sat down next to her.

18 and Krillin shrugged as they walked away.

"Well, what is it?" Vegeta asked.

"I’m… nervous." Bulma said as she played with the rings on her hands.

"About what?" Vegeta asked carefully.

"The party. Will we have to tell our dads about…us??" she asked.

"What do you mean?" he asked her.

"Well, I don’t want our relationship to end just because our fathers hate each other. You told me your mom already knows, and I said my mom already knows. I need to tell my dad… I promised my mom I’d tell him before the prom. That’s less than three weeks away." Bulma said as she started wringing her hands.

Vegeta raised an eyebrow.

He had never assumed she was so worried about her father finding out.

"I don’t get it. My dad won’t think much of it. If I tell him, he’ll say it’s just a fad. At the most, he’ll tell me you’re a bad influence because you’re ‘the spawn of that damn doctor Briefs’. That’s it. At my party just tell you’re dad we’re going with each other." Vegeta said as he shrugged.

"NO! Are you crazy?? He’d never let me see you again!" Bulma said frantically.

"I don’t get it." Vegeta replied.

"My dad’s slightly competitive and well… doesn’t like you… at all." Bulma said sheepishly.

Vegeta laughed.

"Has that ever stopped me before?" he asked her.

She glared at him.

"It isn’t funny. This is serious!" Bulma said.

"Sure it is. If you can’t tell your old man, I’ll handle it because after you wormed me into taking you to the prom I’m going to make sure you come with me." he said.

She smiled.

"Thank you." She whispered as she leaned in and kissed him on the lips.

He stared at her in surprise.

"What are you thanking me for?" he asked in confusion.

"Well, because you’re great." She said and kissed him again this time deeper.

This time Vegeta reacted to her, wrapping his arms around her lower body and pulling her close.

A bright light interrupted the couple and they turned to hear Chichi squeal in happiness.

"OOOH! I knew that throwing this inside my purse this morning would be a good idea." Chichi said as she waved a camera around in the air.

Krillin, Goku, and 18 were all giggling, as Vegeta and Bulma blushed deep red.

"Chichi!" Bulma said angrily.

"Give me that camera!"

"No! This is going on the end-of-the-year bulletin board." Chichi exclaimed as she put the camera back in her purse.

"Whoo, Bulma," 18 said as she stopped laughing, " he must have done something real nice for you to jump him like that."

Bulma blushed deeper as Vegeta growled in anger.

"You saw everything. You guys are so intrusive." Bulma said, but smiled anyway.

"Oh, come on Vegeta. Don’t look so pissed. You guys look like a nice couple when you kiss." Goku said as he patted Vegeta on the back.

Vegeta growled at him.

"Kakarot, I hate your bitch." He whispered to Goku.

"Oh, come one Vegeta. After you and Bulma make little babies, you’ll look back on this and laugh." Goku said with a grin.

Vegeta frowned.

"You’re thinking a little too far ahead, Kakarot."

"Woman," Vegeta said to Bulma who was talking to Chichi and 18.

"Let’s go, right now, I’m hungry."

"Yes, your majesty." Bulma said as she rolled her eyes and got up.

"Jeez, why’d Vegeta get so mad about me takin’ the picture?" Chichi asked as she looked in her purse at the camera.

"I’m going to have to hide it from him all day long. He’s a sneaky little one, ya know? He’ll probably try to get at it when I’m not looking!" Chichi said.

"Aww, come on. He won’t do that." Goku said.

"Yes, he would." Krillin and 18 said in unison.

"Well, I’ll hold the camera for you, Chi. He can’t get it from me." Goku said.

"Yes, he can." Krillin and 18 said.

Chichi rolled her eyes.

"Vegeta might not fight you for it but he sure as hell could sweet talk it out of you. Probably say something like he’s going to frame it and then return it." Chichi said as she crossed her arms over her chest.

"Hey, isn’t this weird, though??" Krillin asked.

"Isn’t what weird?" 18 asked him.

"Well, Vegeta actually getting caught kissing Bulma! I never thought he’d be so careless. Now, Chichi has it on camera. I dunno. I think Vegeta’s going soft." Krillin said.

18 and Chichi’s eyes widened in realization.

"I think he’s falling in love!" they said at the same time.

They hugged each other, happy for Bulma.

"Wait, hold on! What do you mean??" Krillin asked.

"Yeah, Vegeta never told me that and he tells me everything!" Goku said.

"Shush up, dear." Chichi said as she glanced at Goku.

"It’s women’s intuition to seek out when a boy really likes a girl."

"Yup," 18 agreed,

"And our sonar is going crazy saying Vegeta really likes Bulma."

Goku glanced at Krillin who looked just as baffled.

"Whatever. Just don't go around Vegeta mentioning ‘love’." Krillin warned.

"Oh, boys are so inexperienced. We women have our ways. We’ll ever so subtly hint to Bulma that Vegeta’s feelings are strong for her. Oh, gosh, Chi! Did I tell you about the conversation me and Bulma had in Driver’s Ed? Gosh!" 18 said.

"I think she has truly lost her mind." Chichi agreed.

Krillin and Goku exchanged a look as their women proceeded to engage in conversations.

"What do you think they’ll screw with now?" Krillin asked exasperatedly.

"I dunno, but all I know is it can’t be good!" Goku said.

Vegeta and Bulma came back at that moment.

Vegeta glared at Chichi but sat down anyway.

"Everyone, please, don't mind him." Bulma said as she smiled tightly.

"No problem. Vegeta, I just can’t wait until your party." Goku said excitedly.

"Are we gonna have games??" Goku asked.

"No." Vegeta said.

"Why not? I wanna play with the piñatas!" Goku said.

Vegeta shook his head and sighed.

Bulma patted him on the back and couldn’t help but laugh.

It wasn’t a very good day for Veggie.

* * * * *

So, we had Veggie’s b-day plans, Yamucha and Rae’s threats, Bulma’s problem w/letting her dad know about her boyfriend, and Chichi and 18’s plan to get Vegeta to fall in REAL love with Bulma! Whew, and you thought I couldn’t squeeze a lot out of a little! Anyway… that’s it. Was it painfully short?? Don’t worry. Chapter 17 is coming up! Yay! Veggie’s b-day! Yay! What will happen? Who knows??? Lots of love.

Questions/comments e-mail me at cinnabunny@msn.com.

Sorry about the mailing list… still haven’t worked out the kinks. Hopefully by next chapter I’ll have one!

Princess*


Table of Contents
Chapter 15
Chapter 17