Chapter 3

 

'Here? Where?' wondered Bulma as she peeked into a large dark chamber lit in places by dim brown hued lights.

'A Bulma,' said Cumba barely surprising a smile, 'that's the storage centre, the slaves quarters are behind you.'

Bulma blinked and slowly turned around to find Cumba leaning against the wall, next to an entryway that Bulma had not seen before. Obviously Cumba had pushed some sort of a button that Bulma did not see to reveal it. Cautiously she stepped into the next room. As soon as she did so Cumba hit something Bulma could not see to close the door. 'We let the slaves manage themselves within the quarters.' Was all he said before the door slid shut.

The room, or like the passage way was well lit and long. It was devote of any decoration, the floor and ceiling a depressing hue of grey. But at least it was better than the first room. It did not take long for Bulma to figure out the controls and opened the doors. Seeing that there was nothing else to do. She began opening the doors along the corridor. All the rooms were basically the same. They contained two bunk beds attached to the wall to the left of the door, a table, a closet and a small chest of drawers. Being day time most of them were empty, their were a few that contained people but most of them were either asleep or too tired to help Bulma. They just shooed her away. Finally she opened a door to find a empty room with an occupant who was just raising for her sleep.

'Hi.' Said the girl as her eyes fell on Bulma, 'Are you a new slave?' she asked as if she were asking Bulma's name. Bulma opened her mouth and closed it again. Saying yes just didn't feel right. So she just remained quite but the other girl got her answer. 'I am sorry.' She said, 'I have been here so long that being a slave is what my life is. So it does not feel at all...'

'Degrading.' Whispered Bulma.

The white haired female smiled, 'You always want to be free.' She admitted, 'But after awhile you learn to live with it. My name is Sula by the way.' Said the green eyed blue skinned woman who must have been in her mid thirties at least.

'Bulma Briefs.' Said Bulma.

'Well come on in, Bulma.' Said she cheerfully, 'I suppose you are looking for a place to stay.' Bulma nodded, 'Well you can stay here, my roommate has been…' she shuddered, 'taken to the harem so the top bunk is empty.'

'O Thank you very much.' Said Bulma, absently wondering at the absurdity of life that just a few months ago she was complaining about not having a bigger room, when her old room was three times as big as this one and she did not have to share. 'But are you sure you don't want the top bunk.'

Sula smiled, 'I know most people fight over the top bunk, but I prefer the bottom one. I guess I am strange that way.'

Bulma shrugged, 'Everybody's different.'

'So they are.' She said with a smile, 'Anyway, make yourself at home, I have to go feed a bunch of hungry Saiyains. I'll talk to you tonight when I get back.' So saying she grabbed the bunch of cloths from the closet and headed out. 'By the way the shared bathrooms are at the end of the hall.' And left Bulma alone in the room to get used to her new surroundings.


It was not like him to think about a woman for more than a minute but somehow the Earth female kept recurring in his mind. Her soft looking blue hair, her sparkling blue eyes… Vegeta shook his head. This is what happens when you have nothing to do. You waste your time thinking idle thoughts, growling Vegeta headed for the training centre, determine on not spending anymore time on a lowly slave. He succeeded for to drive her out of his mind till the next morning.


They were taken to they camp as ordered as soon as suitable guards could be found. As it happened they reached the western camp bare hours after their arrival on Vegitasei. As per Vegeta's ordered Kakarott or "Goku" as he preferred to be called had full access to the aged but still functioning training facilities. With no new orders being received from the king the hybrid was allowed to remain with him till Bardock saw fit to come and collect him.

Goku did not let the small amount of time that he had left with his son go to waste. Every day during the day light hours he would train Gohan so that he may at least be able to defend himself a little against this so-called Grandfather. At night they would lie side by side and talk of Chichi and of earth and about wishing to get back there sometimes. Somehow deep down inside both of them felt that one day they would get back to their beautiful blue planet and be once again able to stare up the starry sky of earth as they were now staring up at the starry sky of Vegitasei through the tiny window of their prison.


King Kai looked down from his tiny planet at the end of the snake road thoughtfully. 'He is a good candidate for my training no doubt Enma Daio,' he communicated psychically to Enma Daio, 'But I think we should wait till his son is collected by his father. He is likely to be more focused than.'

'You are right King Kai.' Agreed Enma Daio, 'Fortunately we do not have to wait for long, Bardock should be there very, very soon.'


Sula did not mind taking Bulma to they science wing personally. She working the lunch and dinner shift in the general canteen and was thus free during the morning. She took her around and introduced her to many of the slaves there. She told her to be careful of everyone, including herself as most of them would do anything to save their own skin. Sula warned Bulma not to get involved in power struggles if she could avoid them. But it soon became clear to Sula that Bulma could not help avoid a power struggle though it was not her fault in anyway. For they had not been in the room two minutes when in walked Cumba and Vegeta.

They were of to training when Vegeta suddenly found himself turning towards the science wing. Surprised and concerned Cumba followed. Seeing his questioning look, Vegeta had yelled defensively, 'What? You bring in a new scientist who is suppose to teach as weird and wonderful things and not expect me to check up on her?'

'Of course not my prince.' Said Cumba fighting hard to keep the grin of his face, 'I just never known you to show interest in such matters.'

'Well, my father is getting more insolent by the day so I will have to kill him soon, so I might as well…' he cut himself off wondering what insane disease had effected his mind that he was explaining himself to anyone. Cumba just smiled and gently reminded Vegeta not to speak treason against the king till he was well and truly ready to challenge him. Vegeta just snorted. The rest of the way they were disturbingly silent. Each engaged in their own thoughts.

They entrance of the Prince caused an wave of fear to go through the room. All the slaves immediately fell to their knees head bowed deeply. Only Bulma remained standing. When Vegeta's eyes fell on her she gave a bow but that was about it, despite frantic hand gestures from Cumba standing behind Vegeta. Scowling Vegeta made his way to her, 'Why are you not kneeling in front of your Prince woman?' he demanded angrily.

'You are not my prince, only my capture.' She said bluntly.

'I am your master, you are my slave.' He said. 'I may do what I please with you. That is enough reason for you to kneel down in front of me.'

Bulma faced flushed in anger, 'If you can do what you want with me, do what you want with me but I am not kneeling down in front of you. Period.' She said crossing her arms and looking very, very angry.

Vegeta began to smirk. 'O great.' Thought Cumba, 'She is going to get blasted to hell already. Feh, why do I bother?'

But instead of blasting her Vegeta said, 'Well, I thought you were just ugly now I see that you are both ugly and an imbecile.'

'Imbecile!' she screamed, 'Why you little monkey tailed, short…'

'Stupid bitch…' Vegeta screamed back as his tail uncurled from his waist and began to lash anxiously behind him. Very soon a full scale-shouting match began as the other occupants of the room stood staring at them dumbfounded.

'By Kami' thought Sula, 'She is in trouble.' Knowing full well that those slaves who considered themselves "in-charge" of the science wing were not going to like the Prince's clear preference for her.

'By Kami' whispered Cumba to himself, 'The boy is in love with her.'

* * * * *


Table of Contents
Chapter 2
Chapter 4