Chapter 11

 

Quish led Bulma down the long gold carpet towards the throne of the Saiyain king. Bulma followed keeping her head proudly up determined not to be intimidated by the Saiyain king. But all the time her eyes were searching for Vegeta. Vegeta they did not find but Bulma had the satisfaction of seeing Cumba standing with a stoic scowl on his face. Consumed with searching for Vegeta she almost trod on Quish's heels when he suddenly stopped metres away from the dais. Recollecting herself she stood and gazed up to the face of the king and blinked.

Although her head had been up she realised just as she looked up to the king that she had not in fact noted his features prior to that moment. She was startled at the similarities between the King and the prince. Save for being taller and having a reddish brown goatee beard and moustache and reddish brown hair there really was not much difference between Vegeta and King Vegeta. But there was something very different about K. Vegeta and Vegeta. She could not quite place it till King Vegeta looked her straight in the eyes. There was something in his eyes that felt wrong. It was nothing like the gaze of her Vegeta or at least it was not the gaze Vegeta usually directed at her. Suddenly Bulma felt a need to turn and run.

'Well!' demanded K. Vegeta, 'Let us see these "capsules".'

'Yes, we do have other business.' Said a soft gender less voice. The voice brought Bulma's attention to the other creature that sat next to the King in a hovercraft looking as if he was the king. The creature was pasty white creature with pink eyes and black lines for lips. Who was he?

'Yes, Lord Freeza and I have much to do. So proceed with your demonstration.' Ordered the K. Vegeta.

Quish bowed and began, 'This is a capsule.' He said as he held up a small pill shaped devices. 'Bulma Briefs of Earth,' he gestured towards Bulma, 'Owns the company that manufactures them. She has shown us how these devices work and we have been able to use them to encapsulate,' Quish pressed a button and threw it in front of him. There was a popping noise that got all the Kings guards around them tensed as smoke began to appear. But soon the smoke disappeared and in its place stood a Saiyain pod, 'Saiyain devices. Further more,' added Quish as he walk up to the pod and pressed a hidden button, 'these devices can be re-capsulated as easily as they are brought out of capsulation.'

The king's eyebrows went up, 'Impressive.' He said to no one in particular. Than he turned to the girl, 'You have done well slave.' Bulma said noting and carefully concealed her emotions, 'But it seems that you might have out lived your usefulness.'

'Than you won't mind if I go home.' Said Bulma softly.

The king chuckled, 'O I don't know we might find some other use for you.' Cumba suddenly felt his blood run cold as he detected the underlying tone in the king's voice. 'Now leave us.' Said the king in a bored tone. Bulma bowed, Quish kneeled and was about to exit the room when the king added, 'And Quish in future remember that a slave may not own anything. The company that produces capsules belong to Vegitasei and thus to me.' It took all her strength for Bulma not to blow up in the king's face.

As soon as they left Cumba looked up to a balcony on the opposite side of the chamber. He say Vegeta glare down at the throne with a silent warning in his eyes for anyone sitting their. 'Good the boy did hear the note as well.' Cumba felt as if a heavy burden had just been lifted from him. Letting out the breath he did not even know he was holding Cumba turned his attention back to the King as he went on to conduct other demonstration and have his ministers read aloud reports he though would most interest Freeza.


He should be scared after all his Ki was no where near Dedoria's but oddly enough Bardock felt nothing but rage. 'Get the hell out of my way you stupid pink beach ball.' Spat Bardock.

Dedoria laughed, 'Make me monkey.' He turned to the warriors around him, 'Get them boys.' The creatures grinned and dog-piled on Bardock.

With fear gripping his mind, Gohan stayed planted were he was. Thinking what could a child possible do he was ignored by all. There was terrible burst of power, the likes of which Bardock did not think he was capable of, that threw all on top of him to the ground. The weaker ones died upon impact and remaining remained on the ground longer that Dedoria would approve. Bardock stood glowing with energy as the surviving warriors quickly got their feet. 'Lucky.' One of them muttered just before charging at Bardock again. Bardock despatched him with ease but it he was not so lucky with the others. But soon all but Dedoria remained.

Bardock raised his eyes slowly to Dedoria. His body ached, blood was trickling down numerous cuts all over his body. 'Grandpa.' Cried Gohan as he rushed to him.

'Gohan.' Said Bardock. A disapproving note crept into his tone. Gohan suddenly felt as if he had failed a very important test. It soon dawned on him that he had. Bardock had expected Gohan to fight by his side. Unlike the natives of the planets Bardock's squad are sent to purge these where evil people. There was no reason Gohan shouldn't fight them except out of cowards.

'Grandpa, I am sorry.' Said Gohan. 'I just froze, I am sorry.' Bardock did not look at Gohan, he didn't even acknowledge that he had heard. Gohan had a strong urge to go crawl under a rock and die.

But… 'O don't worry little boy, nothing you could have done would spare your Grandfather from what is coming.' Most at the speed of light Dedoria slammed into Bardock. Just a month ago Gohan would have found it difficult to follow his movements. But Gohan had had months worth of experience watching people move at mind-boggling speeds. He had little difficulty.

Although he was not sure he really wanted to see what was happening. At first Bardock was able to block a few of Dedoria's attacks but soon Dedoria was throwing Bardock around as a rag doll. Finally he punched Bardock to Gohan's feet. 'Well, Grandpa,' said Dedoria mockingly, 'get ready to meet your maker.' He said as he began to power up an energy blast.

Gohan looked down to see his grandfather's battered, broken body at his feet. His eyes were almost closed because he was struggling to open them to get up. Something stirred inside of him, something Gohan had never felt before began to run through his veins.

Slowly Gohan looked up into Dedoria's eyes and spat 'You hurt my grandfather.' Gohan began to power up as he let the rage that he felt morph into pure raw power, 'Now I hurt you.' And gathered threw the largest Ki sphere Bardock had ever seen straight into Dedoria's chest. The pink blob's scouter must have been broken, he did not move. After all Dedoria was charged up fully, why did he need to? The idiot found that out when a giant hole suddenly appeared in his chest.


She broke down crying as soon as she was within the confines of her room. Not since Nappa had she been reminded of her status as a slave. But it was true, all true. Whatever she might become in the future, whatever she was in the past all she was right now was a slave. A slave who could not own anything, including her own body. Fresh tears broke out of her misty blue eyes. She was not sure how long she was there, crying her eyes out when she heard the door to her room slid opening. Thinking it was Vegeta she turned around but came face to face with two of the king's personal bodyguards.

One of them said in a voice cold yet sympathetic 'The king desires your presence.'

'Why?' wondered Bulma as cold dread began to come over her.

'It is not the place of common solders to question the king.' Answered the guard, 'Now are you going to come quietly or do we have to drag you?' wondered the guard. Thinking that whatever the reason she was being summoned screaming and yelling about it would not help she got up and followed the guards silently out of the room.


Cumba walked into find Kakarott gazing at a holographic image of a female Saiyain warrior. 'What the hell are you doing?' demanded Cumba. Kakarott jumped. Ignoring him Cumba hastily shut the hologram off, his features pulled taunt with anger.

'I am sorry.' Said Kakarott as he recovered from the shock of being surprised, 'I accidentally dumped into the table and the hologram came on.'

Cumba's features relaxed, 'I suppose that is understandable.' Said Cumba after a minute, 'The controls are rather sensitive.' He said as he placed the hologram device inside a drawer. 'Come.' He added as he lead Kakarott into an adjoining room, 'It's time we ate.'

'So who is she?' wondered Kakarott as he took his seat and Cumba's only slave came in and began to set the food on the table.

'None of your freaking business.' Yelled Cumba.

'I suppose not.' Agreed Kakarott. Silence, 'She's really pretty.' He commented just as he dug in.

Cumba was silent. After awhile he whispered softly, 'Beauty can sometimes be a great curse.' And began to eat himself.


They led her straight to the king's chambers. Which at first removed some of her concerns. After all had the king really had concubine chosen as her new position she should have been first sent to the harem to be turned into one of those mindless things that populate that accursed place. But since she wasn't, the king must not have that in mind for her, right?

The guards placed her in the inner most chamber of the king's quarter in which they were allowed and departed. Sealing every door between that room and the corridor shut behind them. The idea of the only escape route from the room being no longer an option brought all sorts of misgiving to her mind. As if to confirm her suspicions regarding her fate the king walked in wearing a silk robe. Bulma had a strong suspicion that was all he was wearing.

Fear rose up within her as he began to step away from him. The king smirked that dangerous Saiyain battle smirk, 'Just as I suspected, you are not going to make this easy. No matter. Given your weak physic you will not survive the night. As such I have to get as much fun out of in one night as possible.' The king let his eyes drop from her face, 'Try what you may little one but in the end you will do as I please.'

'I rather die.' Spit Bulma as she lunged towards the gravity controls of the room. But K. Vegeta was quicker and blocked her access to it. She tried to move away from him again but he grabbed her wrist and brought her painfully towards him. She screamed as K. Vegeta bent down and kissed her roughly. It was than that the door to his room burst open.


'Gohan,' whispered Bardock as he tried to sit up. A sharp pain shot through his body, cursing his weakness Bardock shut out the pain and stood up. 'We have to go.' he told his grandson. 'We have to go warn the others.'

'Grandpa your hurt, we need to get you into the tank thing.' Said Gohan as he rushed reached out to help him stand without wobbling.

Bardock allowed Gohan to use his tiny hands in a vain attempt to steady him. He found it rather amusing to see Gohan put his arms around one of Bardock's big thick legs and try to hold it steady. But when he spoke his voice had no note of amusement, 'We have to go to Vegitasei now. Besides Freeza owns the nearest tank anyway. There is a miniature healing devices in the pod. It will have to do.' So began to head towards the pod when suddenly he found himself in the air.

'Looks like I have to carry you this time grandpa.' Said Gohan with a hint of cheerfulness as he carried Bardock to the pod by holding him below one of his shoulders. Bardock sighed, but did not protest as he used his remaining energy to help Gohan carry him.


He was not sure what. But Vegeta got the distinct impression something was terrible, terrible wrong. What could possible be wrong he did not know he just knew that he had to get to Bulma and fast. Common sense should have led him towards her quarters in the slave's wing of the place. But Vegeta found himself heading in a completely different direction. He was heading towards his father's quarters.

'My Prince.' Greeted one of the guards guarding the entrance to his father's outer chambers. 'I am surprised to see you here at this time. I am afraid the king is… busy. He has left instructions that he is not to be disturbed.'

Vegeta snorted, 'So how many harem whores did he send for this time?' wondered Vegeta with detached tone of voice, feeling absurd at come here in quest of Bulma. The thought of Bulma also brought the recollection of the look his father had directed towards her in the throne room. He did not like it. He would now have to give his father a hard death.

'Actually,' answered the other guard, 'the king sent for the earth female… Bulma?'

'What?' roared Vegeta with barely contained fury. Suddenly a screamed penetrated through the stone walls and reached Vegeta's ears. Without thinking Vegeta blasted through the locked door of his father's room. It appeared that the confrontation between him and his father had been brought forward a few days.


He attached the wires carefully to his torso as Gohan attempted to be comfortable without getting tangled in the wires and trying to avoid sitting on his injured Grandfather. Given that the pod was meant to sit only one humanoid comfortably it was very difficult for even a small child like Gohan to totally avoid contact with the other occupant of the pod. Especially since the slightest touch made Bardock's face twist in pain despite himself. No matter how much he tried Gohan could not seem to avoid hurting Bardock. The realisation was enough to make Gohan want to cry. A six year olds solution to seemingly hopeless situation. But, after he had finished plugging himself in to the pods healing devices, Bardock pulled Gohan into his lap, just stifling a cry, and waited for the sleeping gas to take effect.


There really wasn't much to do after they ate but sit in the living room staring dumbly at the entertainment programs being shown on a 3D visual-entertainment unit. After sometimes Cumba abruptly said, 'She was my wife.' He fell silent.

'The woman in the hologram? What happened to her?' wondered Kakarott. He looked towards Cumba wondering how long he had waited from someone to ask him that.

'The king happened. She caught his eyes and the king always gets what he wants. So while I was off-planet he took her. She was not a very powerful warrior. She could not win against the King's guards. But she tried.' He looked away, 'I am not sure what happened preciously. My sister, who was present at the palace at the time, was less than forth coming with the details. All I know is that she did not survive to see the sun rise on the night they came to take her. Some said she died before the King got his hands on her. Other's said she died…' he trailed off. Dense as Goku could be he understood.

Goku tried to think what he would do if some one like King Vegeta forced Chichi to… he would tear them apart. 'Why did you let the king get away with it?' wondered Kakarott.

'I am no traitor.' Said Cumba flatly. 'It is treason to go against the king.' Though he found it hard to accept Kakarott felt his respect for Cumba increase materially. But he hoped that some one would stop the King permanently.


The guards tried to stop him but they quickly found themselves painfully lodged in the wall and Vegeta found himself confronted with a scene from his nightmares. His father roughly kissing his mate as Bulma attempted invain to get away from his grasp. At the sight of his fuming son the king pushed her aside and growled angrily at his son, 'What the hell are you doing here?'

'You.' Screamed Vegeta. Shading in the one word that told the king much about the livid status of his heir, 'How dare you touch my mate? How dare you…'

'Mate?' exclaimed the King. 'I heard rumours about you sneaking around in the secret passages. Some of the guards though you had taken a fancy to one of the female guards or slaves. Had I for a minute thought that you had fallen for a weak slave like her so far as to take her as a mate well I would have had her taken care of a long time ago.' Said the king.

This was not the best course of action to take for the king's continuous existence, 'You should not have touched her.' said Vegeta in a calm deadly voice, 'How dare you touch her?'

'How dare you fall in love with her?' demanded the king, 'It is unbecoming a Saiyain warrior to fall for an alien.'

'I think,' said Vegeta as he raised two fingers, 'you have out lived your right to determine what is and isn't becoming a Saiyain warrior.' Energy began to circle around his fingers. The king's eyes widened. He began to power-up. Vegeta allowed him to power-up to the max. Just as the king finished the Prince of Vegitasei leveled his fingers at the chest of the Saiyain king and fired a narrow beam of that pierced through the king's Ki shield and through the king's torso. Within moments of firing the Ki blast the Prince of Vegitasei and the Saiyain Empire became the King of Vegitasei and the Saiyain Empire.

* * * * *


Table of Contents
Chapter 10
Chapter 12