Disclaimer: I don’t own Dragonball and I’m not making money from this story. (Short and to the point!!)

Note: Here’s the next part! Last time I didn’t point out that, in this story, all the Dragonball characters will be ordinary humans (but I think you already noted that much) and there will be a few original character. And I have to say (maybe it’s more correct ‘write’, oh well...) that Vegeta won’t be one of the ‘savages’: they aren’t going to be an important part of the story (at least, they’re not in the idea I have on how the story will develop). The setting in an exotic place will serve only to see how proper ladies and gentlemen can change in an environment so different from the one they’re used to. Ok, enough rambling, please read this chapter and enjoy! (I hope)

 

Chapter 2

 

A bay somewhere on Maui, one of the Sandwich Islands.

"There it comes, lieutenant" The helmsman of the Carysfort said in a hoarse whisper, almost as he feared that, despite the murmur of the waters in the night, a sound could reach the beach where a vessel was about to moor. Few people knew that bay, and they used it only for illegal purposes. Lieutenant Mason of the British Empire, commander of the steamboat Carysfort, had passed many times less than a mile away from it without even suspecting its existence. And Robert Mason knew very well the waters near the Sandwich Islands, because he had devoted the last ten years to the attempt of ridding those places of opium traffickers. From time to time he had heard of a hidden bay, but he had never had the possibility of finding out if it was true.

Last week, however, one of his men, a cheerful youth named Son Goku, told him something he had overheard at the Honolulu Harbour... an information extremely interesting...

It seemed that the hidden bay was no tale, but a hiding place where one could unload illegal goods before stopping at Honolulu to replenish. A place known to a few opium traffickers, coming mostly from Shanghai. Thanks to it, they managed to avoid the British inspection of said ‘goods’. After the restocking, they simply returned to the bay, reloaded their cargo and left for whatever their destination was.

But the information didn’t stop there: a notorious schooner would stop there the following week, with an illegal cargo, of course.

The information was accurate, but unfortunately Son Goku hadn’t been able to see the men talking. Well, it was already a miracle he managed to remember all the details in the first place. The young man was a good soldier, but his intelligence was almost non-existent.

After hearing this news, Mason decided to give it a try and so now they were hidden near the bay, while another group of his men were on the bay, waiting.

They didn’t have to wait for long, as soon as the moon came up a ship was seen sailing towards them.

"I don’t understand how someone could want to make money with the opium trade, knowing the effects that thing will have on the people that will use it" the helmsman whispered with a disgusted expression on his face.

"This is not ‘someone’" Mason replied, gloomy. "If the information is right, we have a very special prey. Look..."

Now the ship was completely visible under the silver moonlight. "A schooner!" the helmsman exclaimed. "But then it could be... no, it’s impossible... Good gracious, Lieutenant, it’s really the Probitas!"

"Goku was right, then!" Mason whispered between clenched teeth "It’s really Royston! We finally caught him red-handed!". He noted that the ship had stopped inside the bay and a few men had landed on the beach with a boat. They were immediately immobilized by Mason’s men, which were waiting there for them. On the schooner, the crew saw that and tried to leave, but it was already too late. The Carysfort appeared from its hiding place and blocked the ship inside the bay.

Observing the helpless situation of the ship, Mason said with a smirk that Vegeta Royston was done for good this time. The lieutenant gave order to let down a boat, then he and other five of his men approached the beach on it. One of the men, who was busy watching the ship with the binoculars, exploded in a sudden curse. "But it’s not the Probitas, Lieutenant! Same tonnage, same shape, but there are no hatches!".

"Nonsense! There is no other ship in this waters that... Come on, give me that thing.". He took the binoculars from the man and scanned the ship; after a few seconds he said: "Damn it! Oh, well, it’s always a ship full of opium. Let’s go and see it!".

They landed on the beach some minutes later and listened to Goku’s report ( he was in the group that had immobilized the traffickers).

"They’re all here, lieutenant!" he exclaimed with his usual cheerfulness "Their hold was full of opium, I’ve never seen so much of it in a single place!!".

Mason nodded and gave order to bring the criminals on the Carysfort. He left some of his men on the traffickers’ ship in order to bring it to Honolulu. In a short amount of time the two ships sailed towards the sea, without noticing another schooner hidden near the bay. On its deck two figures observed them leave.

"Well, seems like Bobby has found another of those awful groups of men that trade opium, isn’t that great, Raditz ?" A cruel smirk appeared on the lips of the man that had talked, while he put down the binoculars, revealing intense black eyes.

"He couldn’t have missed them with the information we provided him, Vegeta." The other man replied.

"That’s true! This night has already proven profitable. One gang less to worry about. Soon the only gang left will be Freeza’s."

"I hope this will happen really soon, I’m fed up of all this competition!" Raditz grumbled.

"Patience, Raditz. We’ve worked on this 'only' for five years." Vegeta said with sarcasm. "Well, it’s no time to complain, we have something to do now." That said, the two men went inside the fore bridge and, a little later, the ship slipped silently in the open sea, heading north for a meeting on an island that was no more than a point on a well-designed nautical chart.

* * * * *

 

Well, I hope I’ve done nothing wrong! Many of the words I used come directly from my English-Italian dictionary, so I’m not too sure they’re used in the right way. I’m sorry that it’s so short, but it seemed the right place to stop. As usual, tell me if I made errors (and, please, tell me what you think of my story so far!)

Note: I’m not really sure if I spelled Freeza’s name right. I have it on the manga, but in the Italian version he is called Freezer and, since that’s not the name I usually find in the stories, I chose what I think is the Japanese spelling.


Table of Contents
Chapter 1
Chapter 3