Okie dokie…here's ch. 4. It's not that long and I do apologize. I'm trying my hardest to write a really long chapter but they always end up short. Well I still don't own DBZ and I don't think I ever will.

 

Chapter 4

 

"I said, how dare you not tell me about him. Were you going to keep him a secret?" He walked closer to Bulma and the baby. She became extremely nervous. All of her plans seemed to fly out of the window. She knew Vegita would want her and Trunks to come with him but she wasn't about to go. Wasn’t he the one who said "You rule your planet and I rule mine."

"I'm sorry, I…just thought that if you knew about the baby you would try to take me from my kingdom. This is MY home and I live here. I'm not leaving and if you think I am you got something else coming." She tried to sound as if she was in control but she knew that she instead, sounded like a crybaby.

"Do you know what could happen to you or that brat if someone found out he was my heir. Are you crazy, woman!!" His voice was rising and he was becoming more and more angry. "You are in more danger than you think."

"No one is going to find out he is your son, Vegita. They all think that he the bastard of some Saiyan noble anyways." Trunks was beginning to cry and Bulma began to rock him. "He's hungry Vegita, I have to feed him now."

"Then do it woman. But I'll tell you this before I leave you; it will be known that he is my son. Does he have a mark of birth?" He asked her harshly. Bulma didn't say anything and Vegita pulled up his right sleeve. Bulma's eyes widened in shock. She thought it had been a tattoo when she saw it but it wasn't. It seemed to be a small dragon with a circle around it. Vegita's was dark red and stood out very well.

"As soon as the boy's becomes darker, people will know and there will nothing you can do about it. You will come stay with me or I'll take my heir and leave you here." He began to walk out of the door. "The choice is yours" The door slammed shut behind him and Bulma began to cry.

"You won't take me from my home or my baby!!! Do you hear me damn it." She yelled at him as she fell to her knees with Trunks. The baby's crying had intensified. "SHHH now, it's okay. I won't leave you. I promise"

She had been foolish to think that he would allow her to stay on her planet. All he cared about was his heir that would someday kill him to take throne. You would have thought that Vegita would be happy about her keeping the baby hidden, at least he would live a little longer, but he wasn't. She began to feed Trunks who was becoming more and more impatient. She watched the baby and wondered what kind of man he would turn out to be. She wanted him to have a heart and care about people. She wanted people to respect him because he respected them; not because he was stronger or faster than them. She knew that if he was going to be raised as Saiyan that those qualities in him would never surface. He would probably be worse off than Vegita was, unless, she did something about it. She would sacrafice her planet for her son, but she would not move to Vegita-sei. That much she was certain about.

***************

He could not believe he was a father. Nothing prepared him for this and the feelings that were running through him were foreign and complex. He had someone who would be the spitting image of him, except for the hair and eyes of course and he didn't even know about it. The woman was foolish to believe that she would be able to hide the brat. The only reason she didn't want anyone to find out was because she would lose her kingdom and be forced to live on Vegita-sei. He had admitted to himself a long time ago that he liked her. Her mind and body were different and acted more differently than any other female he had ever came across. Suddenly a thought came to his mind. Would she even be able to live on Vegita-sei, with the brat. He wasn't sure a bastard son of the Royal would be that welcome. Not to mention he was also a half-breed. He would have to talk to his father. He knew about the old customs and laws better than Vegita did.

"Old man, that bitch has had my son….what the hell do I do." He stormed through the guest chambers and awoke a very grumpy King.

"Damn it boy. Go the hell away. Figure it out for yourself."

"Listen to me, if I knew what to do I would have done it. I'm not going to kill her, her intelligiance could be of some importance." He said to his father.

"Did I say kill her? You are proving more and more every day that you are not fit to be king." King Vegita said mockingly. He sat up in his bed and looked at his son. "You have to take the brat away from here. We have too many enemies here and as soon as they find out that the brat is yours then they will kill him and her. Your little situation will make the royal family look bad."

"The fact that she is not a Saiyan will make us look bad, am I correct.?" Vegita asked his father.

"Yes, that and also the fact that your birthday is coming soon and you have yet to find a suitable queen." He paused a second before going on. " Unless of course you would like to go ahead and make Bulma your queen. A union between the two of our planets would be extremely valuable."

"I have put some thought into that. I'm not sure that she would go for it. We're probably just going to have to take the brat and leave her here." Vegita said as he turned to walk out of the room.

"Boy, you have a lot to learn about women and their cubs. You will not be able to take that brat without killing her first." The king said knowingly.

"Old man you sound as if you speak from experience." Vegita said to him as he glanced over his shoulder before he reached the door.

"I always speak from experience and this time is no exception. You will not be able to take the brat without killing her. Believe me on this one." King Vegita laid down and knew that Vegita understood what he was saying. Vegita knew all his life that he was born of noble blood and that he was a bastard. He knew that his mother was dead, but he didn't know it was his father who did it. He shook it off. Well if he had to kill Bulma he would make that choice when it came. At least he wouldn't be breaking family tradition.

******************

"Krylin, Krylin wake up. Wake up now." Bulma rocked Krylin a little harder and he turned around to face her.

"Listen Marron I told you that five times a night is killing me can't you…"

"Krylin, it's Bulma!!! I need your help." She said loudly. His eyes popped open and he sat up quickly.

"Ohmygoodnes, I am so sorry. I just…well I just." He put his head down to hide his shame. When he looked up to face Bulma he expected her to be laughing at him but she looked extremely impatient. Suddenly the thought that it was late and that she was in his private chambers dawned on him. "Excatly what are you doing here?" he asked her.

"I'm leaving and I want you to come with me." She told him.

"What are you talking about?"

"Listen, I can't explain it now. Get what you need and come on. We won't be back for a very long time and I need your protection until I get where I'm going. Meet me in the Northern Courtyards in twenty minutes." She left the room before the words registered in his brain. He didn't know what else to do but pack what he needed and head to the Courtyards.

She had thought about it carefully. All she had to do was change who she was, what she looked like and how she lived and she would be able to stay on her planet and live a normal life with her son. She knew that staying on her planet may be the only problem, though. What she had to think about was her son and how he was to be raised. Him being raised on Vegita-sei was the one thing she was against. Earth had many allied planets that were similar and if she had to move to one of those she would. Of course she prayed that she wouldn't have to move.

*******************

He watched her carefully and closely. He knew that she was planning to run away from her problems and all the chaos that she had caused. Maybe he should let her run. It would make his life a lot easier, but she was needed. Her intelligiance was the one thing that kept him from allowing her to walk out of his life. Her mind and her body. He vowed that he and he alone would have her. She was running through the courtyards with her baby and small bundle of capsules that he knew held everything she could possibly need. Including a house, car and furniture. She was always prepared but the one thing she wouldn't be prepared for was for him to catch her. Wouldn't she be surprised. She slowed down and he stepped right behind her.

"Leaving so soon are we." He whispered deeply in her ear. She stood frozen from shock. She couldn't turn around or even speak. All she knew that she had been caught trying to escape and that it could be seen as trying to kidnap the heir to the Saiyan throne. She didn't know what to do. If she screamed everyone would know. If she ran he would catch her. All she could do was stand there.

" I--I wasn't leaving." Maybe at least she could lie her way out.

"No need to lie, precious. I'm not going to tell your little secret," he said as he pulled her to him. She tried to resist. She tried to struggle but she couldn't move. She was holding Trunks and if she moved she would drop him. More and more lately she was feeling helpless.

"Well listen here you little shit. If you think you're going to make me move to the hell hole of a planet you got another thing coming. Fuck you." At least her voice was back.

"I'm not going to take you where you think I am. In fact, do you even know who is talking to you at this moment." He laughed in her ear and for the first time she realized that the voice wasn't Vegita's. She could tell now that the man was a lot taller than Vegita and she became frightened and started running. Obviously it wasn't enough because the man soon tackled her to the ground. She sheilded Trunks with her body but she couldn't hold on to him. He went flying in the air and landed a few feet from her. She saw the man get up and reach for her and she screamed out for him not to hurt her baby. She tried to get up but a sharp pain ran through her whole body. It felt like her leg was broken.

"Don't worry. I'm not going to hurt you or the baby. I'm going to help you." He picked up the baby and walked back over to her. She still couldn't see his face but she could see his evil grin. "In fact. I'm going to help you out a lot." He bent down in front of her and the next thing she knew was total darkness.

* * * * * * *

Next come: Who was that weirdo???? What will Vegita think??? What will happen to our favorite blue haired vixen???? A thousand apologies for the shortness of this chapter.


Table of Contents
Chapter 3
Chapter 5