Chapter 1

 

She could not believe that her father would agree to stay in the Saiyan Palace for 2 weeks. Was he crazy or just plain stupid. She did not know which one it was but because of him she had to stay too. She looked at him evilly and Vegita saw true rage in her eyes. He almost laughed at her predicament. Forced to be somewhere she didn’t want to be. He would have his revenge.

" I am glad you have accepted. Our guards will put you in your rooms and anything you need our slaves will be more than happy to provide it for you."

Bulma stomped of screaming "I can not believe this shit."

King Vegita laughed " You would think that she had Saiyan blood, wouldn’t you."

Vegita was disgusted. He finally realized what his father had planned. He would not fall in the trap. Wasn’t it his father who said women were weaknesses? Why would he even try to…Vegita didn’t want to think about it.

King Briefs left and went looking for Bulma. The King and Prince were left on the throne, looking over everyone.

" Father I know what you are doing and it will not work so don’t even attempt it." Vegita hissed as he walked off. The king didn’t even attempt to stop him. It wouldn’t have mattered anyway.

Vegita headed off towards the training room. He had a lot of steam to blow off. He seriously could not believe his father. He went over the line this time. And here Vegita thought that his father was really interested in that mumbo jumbo technology shit. He stepped into the training room only to see that a certain loudmouth already occupied it.

"Well now I finally get a chance to beat the shit out of you." He said interrupting Bulma from her kicks. She stopped and turned around. The look on her face amused Vegita. She seemed to say ‘ Just try it’ but then again she almost looked sad.

" I am not in the mood Vegita, I am pissed so leave me be." She stated fatly.

"But you’re in my private training room, so don’t get smart with me." His voice thundered and would have intimidated any other person. Bulma looked at him and started to walk off.

"Fine then, I’ll leave." She walked passed Vegita and hit his shoulder hard. He hadn’t expected to her to give up so easily. He was right…"You know what. I don’t care who you are. I am a guest in this dump of a palace and I will go were I want." She turned back around and stared him down.

"You are a guess in MY palace and will go were I tell you to go." He said back to her.

"Well I don’t feel like arguing so maybe you’ll spar with me." She said to him.

"Woman, you are hardly going to be any challenge…you are nothing but a weakling."

Vegita took off his armor and walked to the center of the room. Bulma followed.

 

Two hours later, Bulma was panting and tired and Vegita wasn’t even warmed up yet.

"I told you that you would be no match." He said triumphantly

"Excuse me, I never said that I would be a match. I just wanted a good match. I had no intentions of winning monkey-boy." She to laugh.

"What is so funny?" he asked somewhat amused. This change of attitude was puzzling him.

"Nothing, it’s just you Saiyans always think that everything is a competition. Maybe I just wanted to have fun." She said as she walked to a nearby bench. "you do know what fun is don’t you."

" Fun is beating the crap out of someone who defied you." He walked and sat down on the bench also.

" No it’s not. Well, I guess for you that’s what it is. Fun for me is just being happy. I didn’t want to come to your party, I got pissed, tried to leave, got caught, got to stay, so now I wanted to fight. Just to blow off some of my frustration. But that’s not MY fun." She explained.

Vegita never really listened to woman talk. They always bored him or talked about getting in his bed but he found himself listening to every word that came out of her mouth.

" So what do you consider fun, woman." He asked.

" Inventing new things to help my people." She stated.

" Why would you bother yourself with trying to make your people happy…they should know that you are their ruler and be happy with that."

She looked at him a little oddly. " Well they know that I am their ruler. Unlike you I can’t force them with strength to respect me. I do it with my mind. So when I am queen they will know that they can trust me. That’s what is important. Without trust, your strength means nothing."

Vegita thought for a moment. He saw her point. She was extremely wise and that was something he didn’t come across often.

"So why didn’t you want to come here." He asked.

"You know as well as I do that these parties are just a bunch of brainless girls trying to catch the eye of the prince. Why would I want to put myself with the rest of them. I don’t want to catch your eye." She said and then quickly added " I don’t mean to offend you."

"I am not offended." He told her.

"So it’s your 18th birthday right.? How does it feel." She asked.

"Why are you so interested?" He asked a little roughly.

He saw the temper flare up in her eyes. " I just wanted to know something about you, I get tired of talking and no one talking back. Is that such a damn problem!"

"It doesn’t feel like anything . How old are you.?"

"Just turned 17. Last month." She said

She stood up and started to walk off. " Well I’m tired. So if I see you around I see you around."

"Yeah whatever."

" Goodnight Vegita. "

*****************

The next morning Vegita woke up early and headed straight to the training room. He was surprised to see however that someone was already in there tinkering around with a large refrigerator looking device.

"YOU THERE, what are you doing in my private chamber????" his voice boomed throughout the room and caused the worker to jump.

"Damn it Vegita, do you have to be so damn loud!!! For Kami's sake." Bulma stood up and wiped her sweaty face. She had on a long pair of overalls and a red bandana in her hair. A wrench was in her right hand and she flung back with the rest of the tools.

"What are you doing in here looking so damn ugly.?" He asked her walking towards her. " I can’t believe you ‘re dressed like some low-class commoner."

" I made you something and I could hardly do it wearing a gown and high heels jack ass" she said to him with a smile.

"Well what the hell is it, some way to try to kill me?" He asked seriously.

" That’s to easy to Vegita…." She said noticing he was trying to bait her in some argument. "Anyway, see this red button, push it to start it, then you can use the control board to increase or decrease the gravity of this room. It’s quite simple really." She explained to him while pointing to the control board.

" This is---is a –gravity machine???" he couldn’t believe it.

" Yeah, I figured I would hook you up with one since you didn’t have one. It will help you out a lot, especially if you have to go to another planet with weird gravity or something." She began to walk out the room but Vegita stopped her.

"Why did you make me one?" he asked her.

She just looked at him and smiled. "No reason, Vegita, this is just fun to me?"

She walked out of the room, leaving Vegita to train with his toy.

*She is so damn weird. Who ever heard of having fun with making things like these.* He turned on the machine and was immediately hit with 30 times gravity. He fell to the floor.

"SHIT!!!" he struggled getting himself up and he finally managed to do it. His muscles were burning and his whole body was sweating. He soon got used to the gravity and began walking around. Soon he was kicking and punching invisible enemies. Hours later he turned off the machine, which was now at 75 and walked out the room. He had never in his life had such a training experience. He wanted to talk to Bulma and ask her about other training devices that she could make him. He found her in the technical wing of the palace. She looked worse than the morning. He face was almost completely covered in grease.

"Woman!! Woman!!!" he yelled for her. She turned around and looked at him.

"What the fuck do you want. Can you not see that I am busy???" she yelled back at him. He was in her face in an instant.

"You will learn to address me properly?" he tried to threaten her. She blew him off and asked "So did you like your toy?" He couldn’t believe her.

"I’ve come to tell you that you will be making me some more ‘toys’ before you leave this planet." He turned around and walked out.

That’s the way things went for the weeks that Bulma and her father stayed at the palace. She would make things for him, he would want more. He would break them and she would have to fix it. Between all the making and fixing a friendship started forming between the two. They would talk about the way they would rule their planets to how they liked their sandwiches. Even though they talked about everything, it was usually through an argument of some sort that would leave both of them red in the faces.

Bulma was really starting to get tired of the way the prince was acting. Today he had told her that her planet would not amount to anything because of her weakness. She decided she wasn’t going to make him anything. He would just have to get over it.

*Damn him. He makes sick. The way he just orders people around like he runs everything and he’s barely taller than me.* she laughed out loud and decided that it was about time for her to take a shower and get dressed for dinner. Tonight was her last night in the palace and the King had planned a special dinner party.

 

The hot water felt good on her aching muscles and her mind was racing with thoughts of Vegita. Of course she was attracted to him and she knew that he was attracted to him but they were far too different but not that different at all. She was so confused. She made up her mind, though, to stay away from Vegita. She didn’t want a King and that was that.

Vegita was already in the dinning hall when Bulma walked in. She had on a tight long red dress that stooped low in the back. It was spaghetti strap and showed off her arms and neck and had Vegita wanting to take her away on the spot. He would seduce and have her if it was the last thing he did.

The dinner went lovely. There wasn’t any arguing or anything. Vegita used his charms the whole night, seriously confusing Bulma. *Why is he acting so weird. I don’t like this at all. He hasn’t tried to pick a fight with me all night.*

"Would you like to dance Bulma?" Vegita asked her. She looked at him skeptically.

"Yeah—I guess."

*This is going to be so easy.* Vegita thought to himself. *I’ll have her tonight.*

He guided her to the dance floor and put his arms around her. He pulled her close him and she melted against him. Vegita smirked to himself, until she pulled one hand off of her and placed it in hers. Now, he had to show her he really knew what he doing.

She was surprised to see that he was a graceful dancer. He felt so good near her and she could smell him so strongly. She began to think about them in bed and how good a lover he would probably be. She didn’t realize she had closed her eyes and put her head on Vegita’s shoulder. He slowed down and just rocked back and forth. He put his hands around her again and this time she put her hands around his neck. He had to admit she felt good in his arms. He could smell her arousal and knew it was only a matter of time before he had her. *This will be my greatest conquest of all times. Taming the shrew.* He laughed and brought her out of her thoughts. She looked at him.

"What’s so funny?"

"You. Are you tired little one." He whispered in her ear. Bulma’s heart started pounding.

"Yes." Vegita walked her out of the dinning room and the two Kings watched the couple leave and looked at each other with a knowing look.

"You look extremely beautiful tonight Bulma." He told her.

"Okay, Vegita, what the hell are you getting at." She wanted this little game to stop

"What are you talking about." He asked beginning to feel about uncomfortable.

"You know what I am talking about. Giving me compliments. Not arguing. Acting FAKE. I would have sworn you was different but you are not. You’re just the same as every other guy I have ever known." She said loudly.

Vegita was fuming. He didn’t know if it was because she saw right through his game or if what she was saying was the truth. Maybe, he wasn’t different from any other guy. He didn’t say anything to her. All he did was turn around and stomp off in the other direction. Bulma stared at him for a while. She had hurt his feelings and now he was mad at her. She wasn’t about to cry or anything like that although she did feel guilty. He had tried to be nice to her and she selfishly pushed him away. Was she crazy??? She ran after him but only caught up to him as his bed chamber door slammed in her face.

She pounded on the door.

"Vegita, open up please?" she asked softly. She didn’t hear anything and started to walk away but the door creaked open and she walked in.

"I’m sorry. I—just –" she was stopped when Vegita kissed full on the lips.

"It’s okay." *this turned out better than I planned* He really did want her, he wanted all of her. She had been a spark in his life from the first time he saw her. He didn’t care about conquering her.

Bulma pushed him away. " I don’t mean to reject you but this is not what I want. I don’t need a bed mate and I only came to apologize."

He was pissed. He had lowered himself to kiss her and now she was throwing back in his face. " Leave" He simply said.

"Vegita, don’t give me that. You know you were only trying to conquer me in the first place…and here I thought some part of you did care. You are a selfish bastard and need to grow up."

"And you’re a bitch! I said leave!"

Bulma walked out of the room and didn’t look back. She went to her room and for the first time cried. She didn’t know if it was because she knew she was right about him or if it was because she was wrong. All she felt was that she had lost a friend and she didn’t know if it was her fault or not. She fell asleep and a couple hours later a knock on her door woke her. Before she had time to get up and open it an angry Vegita stormed in. She jumped up and stared at him. She didn’t know what was going on through his head but the look he had in his eyes was something she never seen. For an instance she really felt he would kill her.

* * * * *


Table of Contents
Prologue
Chapter 2