Disclaimer: Don't sue me....I don't own dragonball Z nor the characters. (I would love to but I don't)

Author's Notes: IN CASE ANY BODY IS WONDERING WHAT HANS AND QINS ARE, I CAN CLARIFY IT FOR YOU RIGHT NOW: Thousands of years ago, there were MANY, MANY different groups of chinese people with a name to identify their tribe, (for example, the Hans, the Qins, etc.), who thrived for power to overthrow the current emporer and to become one, themselves. The first emporer had started to rule China in 2697 B.C., his descendants were defeated by a group of people, (I forgot what they were called) and that was when the Tang dynasty had begun. The Tang dynasty was overthrown in 2234 B.C. and the Yu dynasty had begun, and so on........Then in 1911 A.D., the people decided they didn't want an emporer anymore and that was when China became a Republic. (I don't know how the people got rid of the emporer.) I KNOW THIS IS TURNING OUT TO BE MORE OF A HISTORY SESSION BUT I JUST WANTED TO CLARIFY EVERYTHING AND MAKE SURE NO ONE GETS CONFUSED.

But in this fanfic, there will be a lot of things that is false and different from the real history of China. In case if you were reading this and saying 'that never happened!' you could be right 'cause I'm just making most of this up. But the information above about China's history is basically true. Hope you enjoy this chapter!!!!!!!

 

Chapter 1

~*~*~*~*~*~

Nothing had been the same since the Hans had won the battle and conquered all of China. Everything was taken away from her and her people, the Qins. She was forced to live in hiding and not know what had happened to the 'once was' beautiful palace of her beloved father, who had died four years ago, and mother, who died two years after. Her foolish brother, (half brother to be exact who was conceived by her father's concubine,) Makioh, had ascended to the throne, due to the fact that her mother, the queen, was unable to bear another child after she was born. To her, Makioh was not a good emporer. He had raised the tax five times more than normal, it had been so high that many peasants were unable to pay them, resulting to cruel punishments such as being sent to prison, or worse, being executed. She didn't know who, but knew that Makioh had been involved with a group of people that were no good, before he had became the emporer. When the news that the Qins empire have been overthrown had reached Chongqing, the village where they were currently living in, Bulma knew that Makioh was most likely dead.

~*~*~*~*~*~

Vegeta rode his way down the streets of his capital, Ch'ang-an, with his 'companion,' Kakkarott riding beside him. They were both dressed in fine clothing that were suitable for a rich family, but would not cause any suspicion towards their true identities.

"So Rouke, which direction are we to ride to?" asked Kakkarott.

"Rouke?" asked Vegeta, curious to find out why Kakkarott had called him that.

"Well, I thought since your real name is widely known through China by now we should use another one for you, so not to give away ourselves, " he explained, "that is if it's alright with you."

"Critical thinking, Kakkarott," agreed Vegeta, now known as Rouke. He was sure now that he had not chosen the wrong man to come with him. Kakkarott is truely loyal and had been one to look out for him since when they were young and living under harsh conditions with other Hans that were banished to the eastern mountains, they had been trained both physically and mentally by the best to become the best. Back then, they had not had a real kingdom, being strong was the key to survival, so he had made a solemn promise to himself that one day China will be his...

"It's getting quite dark, should we retire for the night?" asked Kakkarott.

Rouke looked up while snapping out of his trance,"hmmm....sure, this place will have to do?" he said while gestering to a decent looking restaurant, "we should be able to rent two rooms in there."

"That's fine with me."

"But we must be on our way early next morning," said Rouke, "I must find the seal as soon as possible before anyone does."

"But aren't the rumours about the stone kept as a secret?" asked Kakkarott.

"Yes, but all secrets usually have a way of leaking out," replied Rouke.

~*~*~*~*~*~

Bulma stared at the mirror and examined her own reflection. Many people had marvelled at her extraordinary blue hair and how great her beauty was. But now, she was to live as a peasant and look like one for that matter.

"Bulma," called her nurse, Orga, "you were in one of your day dreams again. Are you alright, dear?"

"Oh...of course, Orga," she lied, "everything is alright."

"I know it has been very hard for you lately, my dear princess, but what can we do about it?" Orga said the last part to no one in particular.

"It's just...just that...everything happened so fast, we were not even aware that the enemy had somehow manage to get into the palace," said Bulma, and then she spoke in an angrier voice, "Makioh was an idiot to let his guard down even for a moment. He is such an arrogant bastard! He actually thinks that his enemies were so afraid of him that they would not dare to attack him."

"His highness was still young," explained Orga, "and yes he was foolish to do that."

"Anyways, he dead now," said Bulma.

"My dear, I've noticed the way you seem to be towards his highness, why do you loathe your brother so?"

"I........" started Bulma, but she could not come up with an explaination, the truth was there was something about Makioh that made her uneasy around him. Just then the door opened and in came a young woman with long strands of ebony hair.

"Chi Chi, how was your hunt?" asked Bulma trying to change the subject.

"The usual, princess," responded Chi Chi as she put the carcass of a deer down, "this should last us for a couple of days before I go hunting again. This poor fellow had ran into me this afternoon. Unfortunate for him." Chi Chi is a very skilled hunter and kung fu fighter, she had learned it all from her father before she had started working in the palace.

"Oh dear, I can see that both of you are hungry by now," exclaimed Orga, "food will be on the table very soon."

Bulma gived her a smile, *finally something to ease me of my worries.*

* * * * *

Author's Notes: For now, I will be referring to Vegeta as Rouke. In this story, I've decided that I didn't want Kakkarott to be an idiot, 'cause usually in most fanfics he's usually the dumb, not very bright, and confused one. And I wanted mine to be different. But he still has a big appetite. Anyways, how did you like this chapter? Review and tell me. No flames please.


Table of Contents
Prologue
Chapter 2