Chapter 3: The Destruction of Arlia

 

Before:

They both sat in the corners of Zarbons living quarters. Zarbon had left them alone after their 'punishment'. He was currently in his bedroom...with a female...making some interesting noises...

"Vegeta?" Bulma said quietly.

Vegeta scowled from his corner. He would've moved by now but, heh, he couldn't.

"...yeah," he said slowly. He was still sort of angry with Bulma, for defending herself against his blame. The mission was almost all her fault. Her only task was to fuel the pod and set the coordinates for him to go, yet she had failed in doing so.

"That was our first big fight," she said almost happily, making it sound as though they were 'something more then friends'.

Vegeta narrowed his eyes from the darkness. What kind of phrase was that? Why did she care? An argument was an argument, nothing to get dramatic over.

"...yeah," Vegeta said his previous word. It was really all he could think to say.

Bulma sighed from her corner. "I'll remember this day forever!" she said enthusiastically, yet just over a whisper.

Vegeta sweat dropped, but demanded himself to remain--himself.

"Oh yeah and, um, sorry!" Bulma added as an after thought

Vegeta stared at her, going slightly cross eyed, 'Oh Kami, I think I'm going crazy!' he thought to himself.

At this particular point, Vegeta couldn't handle an apoligy such as that one.

So he did the only thing he could think to do. He began to crawl away 'turtle style'. This woman was making him go 'mad' as in, loosin' it: mad'.

"Vegeta! Don't leave me here!" said Bulma, not being able to crawl away, after a beating like that.

Zarbon had decided to go quite easy on Bulma since she was such a weak creature, yet that didn't stop him from hurting her just as much as the Prince.

No broken body parts were included, just cuts and bruises covering their arms and legs, while Vegeta sported a black eye.

It didn't really matter to Vegeta, he was a saiyan, and would heal fairly quickly.

Vegeta ignored that comment, but couldn't help but say, "Me too," as in 'sorry'

* * *

Now:

Vegeta groaned, looking over his shoulder at Bulma's zoned out form. She was currently on his back sleeping, and snoring quite loudly, to Vegeta's amazement. How could such a beautiful creature make such an awful noise? Though he didn't think that exactly, he did wonder.

Bulma unconsciously had her arms wrapped around Vegeta's neck, as her legs were wrapped around his waste, while Vegeta continued down the narrow hall.

Vegeta was currently on his way to Frieza's chambers; being called down just an hour ago. He and Bulma were coming from a 2-day mission, to destroy planet Arlia not to far from where they were located.

It was odd, but more and more of their missions seemed be together, as in the same places, the same planets, and the same goals. It seemed a little more than a coincidence, but Vegeta couldn't say much about it.

Then there was the never ending ride. Where exactly Frieza's ship was going, a mystery to all aboard, as not one solider dared to question the semi-psycho known as Frieza.

To Vegeta, they all seemed to be getting no where. The ship had been going around and around, inspecting each corner of the universe, all his life; it didn't really matter anymore, all that mattered were the missions.

* * *

Before on Arlia:

Vegeta held a decent sized ki ball in his hand, balancing it easily. He casually threw it up and down, catching it, just to have it thrown back into the air again.

"Roar," he said plainly, being too civilized to growl on the spot light.

All of the Arlians before him ducked, and shuddered. Never had they encountered a Saiyan, yet had only heard ledgends of their brutal nature. Being the best, proud and merciless, that was all saiyans were known for. "..." Bulma shifted back and fourth by his side, using all of her will- power not to laugh. This was stupid, but she couldn't help it. Everyone just loved when Vegeta acted dumb as in messing with his enemys. Vegeta found it fun as well, though it was rather pathetic. The guy seriously needed a dog.

Behind them stood two armys. Not actual armys but groups.

One of the groups were consisted of both men and women. People. All standing strong, with pride and bravery. That serious expression never leaving their faces, they stood alert. Dressed in saiyan armor from head to toe, wearing chest to breast plates; they were the perfect soliders if not better. The elite of the Universe; this was Vegeta's ship crew.

The other group was only made up of men, and had fairly less people than the first. These men all stood warily, and tired. One sat on the ground, not really caring about the presence of his mentor, trainer, and man that he wanted to be when he advanced. All were strong looking, muscular enough, and willing to die for their leader. This was Bulma's group.

The wind picked up as the crumb out of Frieza's army, Vegeta and Bulma's soldiers, and the people of this galaxy stood opposite the large Arlians. The ground was flat, and covered in varied dirt.

Brilliantly, the scene was perfectly proportioned. In unison, the hairs on every head flew in the breeze, towards their backs and into their faces.

Vegeta stood there rolling his eyes, and getting tired of the staring contest between the beetle creatures and his men.

"Are you willing to fight for your planet, you rodent?" Vegeta asked harshly quiet to the Arlian in lead.

The poisonous stare Vegeta was sending the Arlian could make any man surrender and beg; as the other prepared to annihilate.

The Arlians merely stood there staring back with their large blast eyes, not a word escaping their deformed tongues.

As Vegeta watched them, he felt a weird burning sensation coursing going on through his head. It felt so amazing, he shook his head when he saw Bardock in his minds eye. He saw the man facing Frieza. He looked somehow...different. Vegeta then saw himself again. A younger version with dark red hair, destroying this very planet with a large and bald man across from him in another space pod.

Vegeta shook himself once he was out of the phase. What exactly was going on? Had Bulma seen that as well? Did it originate in her mind or his?

Vegeta turned to look at Bulma seeing that she didn't seem phased at all. Then what was happening to him? How was he seeing these weird...visions?

Vegeta shook himself. It was clearly his young imagination; with that thought in mind he turned back to the Arlians and shrugged.

He shrugged, for he was looking foward to killing something, but it just wouldn't be the same without that opponent fighting back. Clearly the Arlians weren't prepared to fight for their lives.

Vegeta shoved his yellow ki blast higher into the air in one sharp movement, only for the Arlians to jump back in fear. It represented the sun, even Vegeta slightly shielded his eyes from the intense light.

"I'm going to ask you this, and ask it once," said the Prince dangerously.

The Arlians nodded, not only comprehending, but ready to cry.

"DO YOU HAVE," started Vegeta cruely. He licked his lips with an unknown evil. That flesh-piercing evil that he had inherited by being a top guard, under Frieza's nose for all those ironic years, an elite, and the last known heir to the saiyan throne and empire. "ANY PIE!" he finished quickly as possible.

Bulma, her men, his men, and the Arlians stood there stunned for a moment, going a little cross eyed.

All at once they fell down anime style, little question mark bubbles emerging from their heads.

"Someone, please tell me that he was joking!"

Hey, what was wrong with being hungry?

* * *

Back to the Present:

"You called me down Lord Frieza?"

Frieza looked up and blinked.

"What is that woman doing on your back?" he asked, eyebrow raised at the piggy-back ride that was going on between the two.

Vegeta looked over his shoulder at Bulma, and thought for a moment. "I...don't...know?" tried Vegeta, attempting REALLY hard to remain sounding like the bad ass he was.

Frieza tried with all his might not to sweat drop, for Vegeta was not worthy of one. He failed miserably. "What do you mean?"

"Well we were just re-boarding the ship from our last mission," said Vegeta. "She was tired, and talked me into giving her a ride, no big deal."

"Right," said Frieza slowly, and in the mood to kill. He held himself, for he knew that he would regret murdering Vegeta so soon, without another saiyan to conquer, purge and destroy for him.

'I can't just force them onto each other, Vegeta would probably blow her up,' Frieza thought to himself, 'and then he would probably eventually die of the broken bond.'

Frieza looked up at Vegeta. "I called for your next assignment," he said.

Vegeta scowled, but nodded. He had just come from a mission, and now he was getting another?

"Go to Zarbon for it," added Frieza.

Vegeta's eyes widened, and he opened his mouth to protest, but was stopped short.

"Would you rather face Zarbon, or me?" said Frieza coldly, and raising his hand in a threat to blast.

Vegeta's scowl deepened, not willing to admit just who.

He turned, and walked out the door, Bulma still draped over his back.

Instead of contacting Zarbon as he was told, Vegeta went towards the Elite Chambers. There, his, Bulma's, Dodoria's, and Zarbon's rooms were located; each larger then the average warrior chamber.

Bulma had made it into the Elite class only because of her certain skills. She was the top scientist on the ship, and very useful. She could turn the simplest things into great new creations.

Vegeta pushed opened her bedroom door which was not-surprisingly unlocked. When he entered the chamber he was amazed at how neat it was. Sure, Vegeta wasn't a pig, but he didn't actually make his bed, fold his laundry, or pick up after himself. That was just so...girly. Vegeta sighed, figuring that Bulma was in fact a girl.

Vegeta walked into Bulma's bedroom, planning on putting her to bed then leave to his own room. With ease, Vegeta un-clamped Bulma's grip around his neck, and rolling her into his two arms, and legs hanging down in front of him. She stirred ever so slightly; her head not being supported and lolling back.

Vegeta leaned down, and slowly lowered her to the bed.

"Vegeta," she muttered sleepily, and to his horror.

Vegeta's eyes widened as she sat up. Bulma grinned evilly, and caught him in a huge hug, which Vegeta eventually managed to pull away from.

"Thanks Veggie!" said Bulma, pushing herself deeper into her blanket.

Vegeta scowled, and blushing slightly. Wait!? Why was he blushing!?

"Woman!" said Vegeta hotly as she grinned back. "Just because your my, so called, 'best friend,' doesn't mean that you have any consent to hug me!" he yelled embarrassed that he had been 'hugged.'

That's right. Vegeta had never been hugged in his life, and privately thought of it as some kind of disgrace, or even better, disease. (*Gasp* "You've been hugged! S-stay away from me! Back away I say!")

Bulma pouted. "Oh, you know you liked it," she said, as he turned.

With that Vegeta groaned. Rolling his eyes he left the room frowning.

* * *

Vegeta stepped outside to see Dodoria leaning against the wall.

"So what were you doing in her room Vegetable boy? Get any action?" he asked casually.

Vegeta's eyes widened. How could this fool think such a thing?

He turned red in anger, "What do you mean!?" he yelled. "I PUT HER TO BED!!!"

Dodoria was winded what with the un-announced rainstorm that had just passed over him.

"Calm down monkey-boy!" he yelled, owing to the fact that he had coincidentally gone deaf a second before. "I was just wondering!"

Vegeta's eyebrow twitched, "What--did--you--just--call--me?" he said slowly. That was the most loathsome nick-name he had yet met.

"Heh..." said Dodoria, as Vegeta advanced on him.

Dodoria was gone in a flash of white light. Vegeta merely growled at his absence, but wasn't in the mood to chase the annoying fat-so anywhere.

* * * * *


Table of Contents
Chapter 2
Chapter 4