Disclaimer: I don't own DBZ, Akira Toriyama does, signed with Bird Studio and Funimation. So, please don't sue me.

 

Beautiful (A.K.A After The Storm)
By:Mariah Ashley

 

Chapter 1

 

Bulma approached the classroom nervously. She was not prepared to face destiny. She took her seat next to Amy, who was flirting with some boys, across the room. God, she wasn't prepared for another day fulled with criticism and sarcastic remarks from Vegeta.

She was looked down upon because of her blue hair, and her geniusness. She wasn't very beautiful and hadn't developed curves yet. Her parents had died in an airplane crash when she was only 4 and she had to be adopted because her grandparents had died a year earlier, when she was only 3 years old. They weren't much of parents at all, they were never home. Always at work, where ever that is. Her foster parents, were kind to her, the "little" time they were home.

Then, when she was old enough to go to school, her history was used against her. There was this dark, spiky haired guy who tormented her everyday. She knew he didn't like her, because he already had a girlfriend named Mariah, who was the most popular, and sexiest girl in school.

She was 5'6 and had the body of a mature woman. Bulma admired her, she was everything she wasn't. She had dark, long beautiful shoulder length hair, and beautiful ocean blue eyes. She had a pretty decent attitude, which was a shocker, since she was dating Vegeta, who was the total opposite. She had a strange affect on Vegeta, he let her have her way alot of times.

However, he was around Bulma, all he did was criticize and torment her. Why does he hate me so? she asked herself, sadly. If he doesn't like me, then why doesn't he just ignore me? It isn't that hard, considering he's "considered" hot, and I'm not. I have no friends, and I'm not very attractive. Why I have a boyfriend, I don't know. She wandered. But it's not as though he doesn't talk about too. Saying I'm a whore...

Maybe Vegeta just dislikes me so much that he just hopes I'll disappear if he just keeps up with his criticism.

'That wouldn't be such a bad idea,' began a voice inside her. No one would care, they wouldn't even notice,' it told her. But she couldn't, she was afraid of death, but she needed it. What is wrong with me? she asked herself constantly, as a few tears threatened to fall down her face, but she kept them in tact.

As if on cue, Vegeta walked into the class and took his seat next to her. "So, what's up with the little foster child?" he asked smirking darkly.

Bulma tried her best to ignore him, as looked ahead nervously. 'Please, don't let him win, God. Please, help me to keep a straight face.' she prayed.

"Don't feel like talking? Don't you know that, that is rude? Didn't they teach you that at the orphanage?" he asked, chuckling. The class caught Vegeta's words and began to laugh.

"Excuse me, class, but what do you find so funny? asked the teacher sternly. The laughter began to fade after her strict voice.

"Nothing, maim, we were just talking about something my aunt bought me for Christmas." answered Krillen, with a smile.

"Right." replied Mrs.Davis unbelievably, but only replied,"Well, I need you all to be quiet down a bit, so I can key your grades into the computer, and find out your averages.

"Yes, maim," the class replied,happy they were getting a break, and that they could associate.

Bulma, rested her head against the desk. What he had said to her, still hurt. After all these years, I should be use to criticism. God, I miss my mom and my dad. she thought sadly, as tears began to slid down her cheeks. Why aren't you here, right now. If you cared about me, then you would have survived, somehow. Someway, she mentally screamed. But I can't blame you, can I? It's not your fault that you died. she apoligized sadly.

I wish you were here, though. So, I wouldn't feel so alone, and lost. I haven't even got faith, in myself,mom. I wish I could have really got to know you. But all I know, is that I miss you so much, and that I can't bring you back. I will go on for you......

Vegeta, had long ago gotten up and left Bulma to herself. He was across the room chatting with Goku, about his match tonight. "Who are you up against, again?" Goku asked, suddenly.

"Kais`eia" he muttered, irritably. "Why do you have to act so dumb?" Vegeta asked, his eyes lowered at Goku irritably.

"I don't act dumb, I just wasn't listening until I heard that name. It sounds familiar.... he replied

"Whatever." Vegeta sneered "He won't last 5 minutes at the most against me." he replied.

"Yeah." Goku muttered, quietly mostly to himself.

Bulma got up weakly and walked to the teachers desk,"Can I please go the restroom? she asked nicely.

"Yes, you may Miss Briefs." she replied. Bulma turned to leave the classroom, and began walking towards the restroom.

Vegeta then decided that he'd had enough of talking to Goku and Krillen, who by the way, has just sort of listened. He just wanted to get out of here and see his girlfriend right now, but she was in a total different class. So, he just got up, walked to his seat, and sat down.

Where was the blue-haired freak? he wandered, smirking mentally. Bulma opened the door, and walked in quietly, she really didn't want to be in here with him. Her eyes downcast, like there was something interesting in the floor, as she took her seat beside him.

There really was nothing interesting about her. Vegeta sneered digustedly at her patheticness. She was literally poor. he thought. When the hell is this class going to end! his mind screamed, as he looked at the clock pleading it to be 9:45. He was a couple of minutes short of his wish, but at least it was almost over.

"Ah,hm." the teacher coughed. Your averages are as following:Ashley Albrittion: 78.3%

Krillen Andrews: 90%
Julia Anderson: 76.4%
Bulma Briefs: 105.2%
Solae` Crane: 81.4%
Chris Iverson: 70.3%
Katheryn Marie: 95%
Douglas McNeil: 68.4%
Alicia Nasake` 94.3%
Nicole Reins 65.4%
Goku Son 100%
Vegeta Ouji 69.3%

"Mr.Ouji, Miss.Reins,Miss.Briefs, Mr.Iverson and Mr.McNeil, you five stay after class. Everyone else, you're dismissed to for your locker break and next period."

Vegeta growled in annoyance as his name was called. He was ready to get the hell out of here. Perphaps the most anxious in the class. Now, he'd miss some of his locker break. Nicole, Chris, and Doug groaned angrily. But Bulma just stayed seated quietly, not making a sound.

"I assume you all know what this is about." Your grades are the lowest in the class, and Iverson, you're on the border line, you could drop at anytime. she added to Chris. Now, you know that you only have 3 more weeks to pull these grades up, and that we are having a test next week. It will not be easy, and I suggest that you study hard. "

The whole point of you being here is so that you could get tutoring, these last 3weeks. I want you to have at least B in my class. No, Fs or low Cs, you are too smart for that. Now, Miss.Briefs. You may be wandering why you're in here, since you have the highest average in the class?

"Yes,maim." Bulma replied, respectfuly.

"I want you to tutor these four. Can you do that?" she asked.

Bulma took on an expression of pure shock. She couldn't tutor that bunch. They hated her, she wanted to scream, NO!!!! But, she didn't want to be disrespectful, so she replied,"Yes,maim. I wouldn't mind . she lied.

Vegeta,Chris,Nicole, and Douglas gaped at her. Nicole sneered. "You've got to be kidding, there's no way I'm spending my precious time, listening to that geek for an hour and a half. Vegeta and Chris smirked at Nicole and mouthed, good one.

Mrs.Davis, however, was not impressed. "Do, you want more time Nicole? she asked with fake sweetness in her voice. You should be happy she's agreeing to teach you, because there's a pretty good chance that you'll fail this test, which counts 50% of your grade. In case you've forgotten, how much it counts. she added, sarcastically.

Nicole quickly shut up at that. She didn't want to spend any more time at school then she already had to. Vegeta growled in irritation. "Bitch," he muttered under his breath.

"You are dismissed." she stated and the class left eagerly, to get out and associate during locker break.

Vegeta appeared behind Mariah, and asked,"Guess who?" Mariah jumped and screamed in shock. "Wrong."he repied devishly with a smirk. "Where have you been?" she murmered. "Class, I've got after-school."he murmered back, his breath thin against her neck. You know the blue-haired geek? he asked.

"Yes, why do you always bother her?" she asked curiously.

"She's my tutor and duh. She's a foster and a geek." he snickered. She hasn't got a pretty figure. At all." he added.

"That's sad. began Mariah. She has no parents." she finished sympatheicaly. Vegeta sneered,"Don't feel sorry for her, feel bad for me. I'm the one who has to spend 1 and an half hour with her everyday starting this Friday, which is in four days. We have a test next Friday. he droned obviously pissed.

Come on, Vegeta. she began sweetly as she turned to face him and snaked her arms around Vegeta's neck. It won't be that bad, at least you'll have me to come to after it's all over. she replied as she leaned in to kiss him passionately. Vegeta gradually responded to her offer and deepend the kiss.

"Fine," he replied as he pulled away from her. "See you at lunch," she replied as she began walking towards her class. Vegeta sighed, and walked to get his books then rushed to his class.

~End Of School~

Mom, I'm home. Bulma replied as she stepped inside of her small little home, and set her books down. Great, no one's home. Again." she muttered sarcastically to herself. They're never home. she thought mentally.

"Maybe I should just take a walk." she stated to herself, as she got up and walked out the door. She began walking looking at the ground in thought.

'God,please let my parents be in a better place,now. I want them to be happy, lord. Please, let them be watching over me. I'm sorry for thinking bad of them, and not appreaciating that they left me with Mrs.Hill, while they went flying.

Lord, please, help me survive these next three weeks of school. I know I'm not the best daughter in the world, and that I can be disobediant at times. It's just that sometimes I'm hurt so bad, that I listen to the voice of evil. It just seems like the only way, the better way..... I'm sorry for wanting to be someone else.' she prayed her eyes closed looking downcast at the ground as she continued walking.

She didn't notice that she'd began walking in the road, or where she was going. All she knew was that, she was walking. Then, suddenly, a truck came speeding towards her. She was shocked at how fast it was coming at her and stood paralyzed, just staring at the truck that was about to take her life. Isn't this what she wanted? she asked.

People have always told me to face my fear, maybe I'm standing up to my fear of death. Just as the truck was about to take her away, she was pushed into the pavement, by a dark spiky haired boy.

She just did catch who saved her, as red liquid trikled down her face. She was bleeding. But where was the wound located, she wandered as she finally registered that her head was bleeding from its contact with the pavement, then she blacked out.

"Stupid girl. Always looking down." he muttered as he picked her up and ran to the local hospital.

~Hours Later~

Bulma awoke, with a headache. Her eyes searched the room, in confusion. "What am I doing here?" she asked, mostly to herself.

A young, blonde nurse answered, "You had an almost deep cut, and some spiky haired guy brought you in. He left, right after he brought you in. He said, your name was Bulma Briefs, and that you tripped against the pavement. Is that correct?

"Yes, maim." she lied, at least it was part true. she thought. But the fact that Vegeta saved her, shocked her the most. 'I thought that he didn't like me. That he wanted me to disappear. He had his chance, he didn't have to save me...... she thought in wander.

* * * * *

So, what did you think of my story. Do you think I should continue or not? Do me a favor, and review. Criticism is welcome, It does not matter to me. Review or no review, I'm going to continue this story until I decide I'm not interested anymore. This story will have more of a point as I go in to the next chappie, you'll find out it does have a purpose.


Table of Contents
Chapter 2