DISCLAIMER:

I DO NOT OWN DBZ OR ANY OF ITS CHARACTERS. I AM NOT MAKING ANY MONEY FROM THIS PIECE OF WORK EITHER.

THIS IS ALL A FIGMENT OF MY IMAGINATION, IT’S ALSO MY FIRST FANFIC SO PLEASE BE GENTLE WITH ME!!

 

Retribution
By: RachelJane

 

The big fighter sat astride his motorbike. He wiped the blood from his mouth with the back of his hand. She’d really caught him good that time. His lip was split and starting to swell from the blow that she’d landed him.

What the hell was wrong with her? Hadn’t he waited long enough? Well fuck her, if she thought that he was going to marry her just to get what he wanted then she’d got another thing coming. He could get exactly what he needed from the whores in the city.

As for that bastard Saiyan, how the hell she put up with him living on the compound he’d never know. It never ceased to amaze him that he always managed to turn up whenever he and Bulma were together.

He kicked the bike into life and it throbbed under him. He felt its power, best thing she’d ever bought him. Yamcha pulled back on the throttle and roared off into the night, he’d take her even if it killed him.

 

Bulma rubbed her sore eyes. She was so tired. Arguing with Yamcha was pointless and draining The day had been pretty tiring anyway, her Father had wanted her to get one or two things finished off before the convention on Saturday and she’d worked solid without a break from early morning. Even when her Mom had poked her head around the door to offer lunch, she’d just waved her away.

And now this.

She hated it when they argued, she’d slugged him good though. He wouldn’t forget that in a hurry.

The flowers were nice. He must’ve spent a fair amount on them for her, and it was lovely to take her dancing, even though she was dead-beat.

He’d used this against her when she wouldn’t give in to his advances after they had come home from the nightclub.

Sure she hadn’t been much company, in fact she could hardly keep her eyes open most of the time and her conversation had been less than engaging, but when Yamcha had said that they should go home she’d thought he was really sweet and that he was being caring.

Chance would be a fine thing!

He’d never been like this before, he’d been so aggressive, and she’d begun to get scared. She’d managed to fight him off, but only just.

The argument that had followed was no different to other times when he’d tried it on. She wasn’t going to give her virginity up that easy, only when she knew he was really committed to her fully and it was clear that he still had a lot of growing up to do.

It had been a full minute of hurling abuse at him, before she’d realised that he just wasn’t taking any notice of her at all.

She turned to see what he was staring at, and found Vegeta leaning against the gravity room doorframe, smirking at them both.

She’d turned to face him with both hands on her hips

"Enjoying the show you big ugly baka?" She’d spat at him. Vegeta just laughed,

"It’s just that you’re so entertaining, I think I deserve an encore at least!"

"Vegeta, you bastard, I might have known you’d be about. Never one to miss an opportunity to take the piss. Well I’ve had enough, see you around Bulma, don’t wait up!" Yamcha turned on his heel and headed towards his motorbike.

Vegeta laughed "What you mean the show’s over? That’s a shame!"

Bulma was so angry,she’d felt like hitting both of them but she’d been too tired to fight anymore with either of them. She’d made her way towards the house.

"MEN!"She humphed. "I can do without them." - Now for a hot shower and bed, she felt she’d earned it tonight!

 

Vegeta watched as Bulma made her way back to the house from her car. He’d heard the commotion outside as he’d left the gravity room and watched in amusement as Bulma had put up rather an admirable fight against the spineless idiot that she calls a boyfriend.

The fight hadn’t lasted long and he thought the boy had given up far too easily.

She was a feisty one, there was no doubt about that, but he was someone who was just an insect that needed to be squashed.

Besides he found it good sport to keep goading her into an argument, she always arose to the bait extremely easily.

Vegeta had never tried it on a sexual level before and found the idea amusing. The kitchen door slammed shut, Vegeta snapped out of his daydream. Training comes first he thought to himself even if the testosterone needs unleashing once in a while! He wandered back into the gravity room and turned the gravitron up to 100g’s. Maybe a couple of hundred vertical press-ups would take his mind off her

 

Bulma sighed as the hot water from the shower hit her skin. This was bliss. She’d waited for this all day.

She let the water flow over her tired body and wash all her troubles down the drain. Slowly she began to relax, and by the time she stepped out of the shower she was well chilled.

It had annoyed her when she’d seen Vegeta watching her and Yamcha fighting, but she’d wondered whether he would have stepped in if things had got too rough for her.

Perhaps not.

He was a killing machine, seeing things like her and Yamcha fighting were childs play to him. She also knew how much he hated Yamcha, this was something where feelings were mutual.

She also knew that Yamcha was scared shitless of Vegeta, and that made her smile!

The sound of Vegeta training in the gravity room was a dull background noise .It was a noise that she’d got used to over the months since he’d been staying on the compound.

Did that man ever sleep? She thought to herself. He certainly could eat, her Mother had found catering for a Saiyan daunting at first but gradually over time she’d become used to his eating habits and made sure that she was well stocked up on everything.

Her Mother was a real hen, fussing around, making sure that everyone and everything was okay. It was claustrophobic to say the least.

Bulma was closer to her Father, he’d let her into his lab when she was just crawling and she’d potter about, eventually graduating to having her own lab, as Dr. Briefs was tired of losing his lab space to her inventions.

Not that he minded, he was proud of his daughter, she was by far the more intelligent of the two of them.

She was the future of Capsule Corp.

Bulma pulled on her nightdress and slid between the cool sheets on her bed. She was so looking forward to this weekend. Her parents were going to the convention, Yamcha, hopefully wouldn’t show his baka face for a while, and maybe if she insulted Vegeta enough he might disappear for the duration of the weekend.

Then she would have some free time to herself.

She couldn’t remember the last time she’d had some time on her own, and it was something that she was really looking forward to.

It was on this thought that she gradually sank into sleep, the sound of the gravity room lulling her into dreamland.

 

Friday lunchtime and she was patiently waiting for her parents to finish packing. Her Mother was still trying to decide whether to take the high-heeled red or the black patent loafers. She sighed in exasperation. Will they ever go? Apart from her mother fussing over nothing everything was going to plan, Yamcha hadn’t even been in touch, which was a huge relief.

Even Vegeta was nowhere in sight!

"We’re off Honey-don’t forget to eat properly now, do you hear!" her Mother hugged her as if it was going to be weeks before she saw her again.

"Mom! It’s okay. You’re only going for a few days. It’s not as if I haven’t been on my own before, don’t fuss. Please!

"You know how your Mom is, pumpkin, she worries about you, I know you’ll be fine. Just remember to activate…."

" the security system! I know. You say it every time Pop. Now go or you won’t make good time on the freeway, okay!"

"Okay, pumpkin, take care. See you now, we’ll be back on Monday morning bright and early!"

"Just go Pop! Bye Mom, have fun."

Bulma stood and watched the car speed off down the driveway and heaved a sigh of relief.

"Time out at last!"

 

Bulma couldn’t quite make out what had roused her up, she thought she’d heard a knock at the door but she wasn’t certain, anyway her bath had gone cold.

Maybe that’s what had woken her, it was freezing!

How long had she been in there! She stepped from the bath and put on her robe.

There was a knock again, so she had heard something. As she made her way down the stairs the knock came again, more insistent this time.

Who on earth could it be?

It wasn’t late and she didn’t think she was expecting anyone.

If it was that baka-yaro Yamcha, she’d punch his lights out!

A quick check on the security system would tell her whether it was worth opening the door or not.

Damn, she’d not switched it on.

No wonder someone got as far as the door without being detected. She checked the spy hole in the kitchen door.

It was the pizza delivery boy. Kami, what a relief, she’d forgotten all about ordering pizza! Bulma laughed out loud, for a moment there she’d got a real panic on.

The pizza boy was getting well impatient by the time she sorted out paying him and he muttered something about stupid females as he got back on his scooter.

Boy I’m hungry; she thought as she made her way back to the room that held the compounds security systems.

"Switch it on Bulma. Better late than never!"

She laughed to herself as she scanned the compound just to make sure. Then punched in the complex code that only her and her Father knew, to activate the system.

It whirred into life, and she relaxed in the knowledge that no one would be able to get in or out without her knowing about it.

She turned to get back to her almost cold pizza, and felt as if she’d walked into a brick wall.

"Hello Bulma!"

Yamcha was blocking her way.

"H-how the hell did you get in?" Bulma stuttered as she took two steps back to put some distance between them both. She didn’t like the look on his face.

"Now, Bulma, you don’t seem very happy to see me, after all I did escort your pizza to the door. I think you should thank me, don’t you?"

"I said I didn’t want to see you anymore, why are you here, what do you want?"

"Bulma, Bulma, now is that any way to treat a friend? I thought you might like some company."

"Get out, Yamcha, I don’t want you here. Besides Vegeta is about, I’ll only have to scream and he’ll think he’s got another show to watch!"

"I don’t think so Bulma, you see I made sure you were on your own. I watched that prick leave here ages ago!"

Bulma’s heart was racing, panic was beginning to set in.

This wasn’t the Yamcha that she knew, he was different, and he was scaring her.

Frantically she looked around to see if there was an escape route.

Yamcha grabbed her by the wrists.

"Going somewhere, sweetcheeks?" he pulled her towards him and breathed in her ear.

"Just you and me Bulma, no interruptions, for the whole weekend. Won’t that be fun?"

 

Yamcha sat cradling his fourth whisky, swirling the amber liquid in his hands. It hadn’t been as much fun as he’d thought it was going to be.

She’d fought well, he knew that she would.

But now, afterwards, he wondered whether it had all been worth it.

It was pathetic the way she’d given in, the way she’d begged him to stop.

Her eyes, he couldn’t get them out of his mind.

The fear in them had spurred him on, and that scared him. He’d only meant to have some fun with her, to get her to give in to him. But then things had got carried away and she’d infuriated him when she’d started screaming for Vegeta.

That’s when he’d hit her, to shut her up, to stop her from calling out that bastard Saiyan’s name.

The fear she’d shown, after he’d hit her, it seemed to trigger something in him and he was like an animal.

He didn’t know whether she was dead or alive.

All he knew was that he’d had to get out of there.

So he’d left her.

He put his hand up to his face. He ought to have that cut seen to. He dipped his fingers in his whisky and put them to the deep wound on his cheek. It stung like crazy and he winced.

Yet another scar to add to his collection, only he wouldn’t forget this one in a hurry.

 

Dawn was beginning to break as Vegeta scanned the horizon for the familiar surroundings of the Capsule Corporation buildings, he’d been flying most of the night and he was in a foul mood. He’d been stupid to think that walking away would help the way he felt about her.

He saw the white dome that was Cap Corp and headed for it.

The alarm was going off and it was obvious that there was no one around to switch it off. Vegeta landed outside the gravity room and was getting annoyed with the shrill noise; it was as bad as that baka woman was when she started screeching.

He strode off towards the house with the intention of blasting the thing to pieces, just to shut it off. Where was the woman anyway, he supposed she’d gone off without shutting the wretched thing down.

Vegeta pushed open the kitchen door and went inside. He’d never been inside the living quarters before and the sight that met him was confusing. It looked to him that either they lived like pigs or something had happened in there.

The whole kitchen was in disarray and Vegeta had to step over the debris to get through to the control room for the security systems to shut off the godawful noise. A blast of light and the noise stopped

Vegeta scanned the mess around him. As he walked towards the next room he sensed a weak ki within. As he entered he took in the blood on the walls, it was still fairly fresh, and someone had put up one hell of a fight.

He turned as he heard the noise coming from behind the upturned sofa; he saw a lock of blue hair that was streaked with blood.

He sent furniture flying to get to her.

She was lying on her side, curled up into a ball and crying softly.

She didn’t know he was there.

"Kami, what happened here?" he cursed as he gently lifted Bulma up into his arms, she was drifting in and out of consciousness, and he sensed her ki was getting weaker.

The anger that he felt was threatening to overwhelm him, but he had to push it down until he had made sure that she was okay. He headed for the regen tanks, mentally thanking himself for agreeing to help her develop them. It had taken a lot for him to agree to assist her, but her thirst for knowledge was admirable and it had been his saviour whenever he’d pushed himself too far in the gravity room. He headed for her labs. He hoped that he would get there in time, she was fading quickly.

 

 

The regeneration tanks were situated in the rear of Bulma’s labs. Vegeta hadn’t bargained for there being the need for a code at the door, and for an instant he was confused as to what to do.

She was bleeding badly and he could feel the warm trickle of her lifeblood seeping through his fingers as he carried her.

He stood back from the door and kicked it in.

He hurried through to the room that held the tanks. Gently he settled her into the tank and attached the heart monitors to her chest, wiping away some of the blood and taking in the bruises and bite marks.

The anger that he’d pushed down earlier when he’d found her threatened to surface once more but there was still things he had to do so he had to subdue it.

Someone would feel the force of his rage when he had finished.

He punched in all the information that was needed on the tank, making sure that it was set for human DNA and not Saiyan, and pushed the button that set the machine into action. Slowly the tank began to fill up and Vegeta watched her through the glass.

Her eyes opened and he saw the panic set in, she was obviously in a great deal of pain. She put her hand up to the oxygen mask and for a moment Vegeta thought she was going to rip it off. He put his hand to the tank glass and she looked up at him her eyes were full of fear and pain.

Then it was almost as if she realised where she was and slowly she seemed to relax, as much as she could. She knew she was safe, at least.

 

The Saiyan warrior spent the next few hours while she was in the tank scouring the neighbourhood for anything that would point to where her attacker was, but to no avail. He found nothing, but then again he really didn’t expect to. He had a good idea who had done it though and he knew he only had to bide his time, before his opportunity came up and that someone would not see the dawn come up the next day. Until then he would keep his anger leashed up.

 

Bulma spent almost twenty-four hours in the tank. Vegeta kept his eye on its progress. Every so often she would gain consciousness and he would catch her watching him through the glass.

It made her feel safe and she would drift off again.

At last the task was complete, and Vegeta programmed the tank to empty its contents. She was not fully conscious yet and he wrapped her in a blanket and carried her now healed body through to the house and up to her bedroom.

Settling her into the bed he hadn’t realised how soft her skin was until now, and it made him realise how fragile she really was, and beautiful.

She would sleep now.

Her body had healed, but how badly her mind had been affected, time would only tell.

The Saiyan Prince couldn’t fathom his feelings for this woman. In the past he would have probably been the attacker, and yet when he found her broken and mutilated body he vowed he would kill whoever had done this to her.

She aggravated him and annoyed him like hell but she was full of spirit and he knew that she must’ve put up one hell of a fight. Her attacker wouldn’t have gone away unscathed. It was just how was she going to be now, what would she remember from the attack?

While Bulma had been in the tank, her parents had sent a fax, saying that they’d met up with friends at the convention and were going on with them for the rest of the week. It meant that she would at least have the rest of the week to recuperate quietly, without any interruptions.

She slept most of the time, and when she did come round, she refused the food that Vegeta offered her. It made her feel sick to even think about eating. Vegeta didn’t even know whether she knew it was him that was taking care of her.

It was a lowly thing for the Saiyan Prince to be doing but at times the feelings he had for this fragile creature threatened to overwhelm him.

Nightime was the worst time for her.

She would wake screaming and he would take her in his arms, a crushing need to protect her and slowly she would calm and sleep. He’d taken to sleeping in her bed with her and she would lie next to him curled up like a child and cling to him for comfort.

The smell of her drove him to distraction and it took all his willpower to keep himself in check.

He couldn’t betray her after what she’d been through.

He took his frustrations to the gravity room with him during the day

By midway through the week Bulma had improved enough to feel like getting up and dressed. She’d had a shower and was on her way downstairs when Vegeta came in from training in the gravity room. He was surprised to see her up.

"Are you hungry?"

Bulma shook her head and headed towards the lounge door.

The Saiyan stepped in front of her. "I wouldn’t go in there just yet. It’s just that it’s not been touched since the attack."

"But I have to go in there at some time, Vegeta. It’s okay I’ll be fine, really."

She side stepped passed him and pushed the door open.

Everything was just as it had been on that night.

She walked into the room and surveyed the damage.

"Not very good at housework are you Vegeta!" It was a futile attempt at humour when all she wanted to do was turn and run. The sofa was still overturned and she walked towards it. The blood had all but dried on the floor and she felt a wave of nausea hit her. She had to steady herself against the wall as her head felt like it was going to explode. She heard screams and suddenly it was Yamcha in the room with her holding her against the wall, shouting at her. She was screaming and trying to get away from him, but he was too strong. She screamed for Vegeta, Kami, where was he?

She felt big strong, comforting arms.

"I told you it was too soon." Vegeta hissed at her through clenched teeth. "You won’t listen, will you." He carried her out into the sunlight and sat her down on the grass for her to catch her breath. She looked deathly pale. "I’m sorry." She began to cry. Vegeta wrapped his arms around her saying nothing.

She buried her head in his shoulder and let the tears flow. Vegeta tensed as she sobbed quietly.

He felt emotions alien to him coursing through his veins as he held her to his chest. He was confused. The only feelings he ever had were anger, pride in his heritage and the burning desire to fight.

The only thing he felt at this moment in time was this need to protect this frail weakling for a human being. He savoured the moment, breathing in the scent of her hair and skin, memorising it and wanting to remember it always.

Her sobs subsided and she looked up at the Saiyan Prince "It was Yamcha, you know that, don’t you, Vegeta?" she looked into his coal black eyes. He nodded. It had been the first time that she’d mentioned him.

"I’m going to kill him, you know that, don’t you?" he replied. She nodded in return. "Thank you, Vegeta, for taking care of me, I mean. I thought I was going to die. I thought he was going to kill me." She put her head in her hands. "I can’t understand what happened, I thought he loved me." Vegeta stood. The look on his face was pure hatred. "He will not live much longer, if I have anything to do with it." He walked away, back to the gravity room. It had been a chilling statement and Bulma shuddered, she knew he wouldn’t go back on his word.

 

The days passed quietly. Bulma pottered about, mostly in the garden and occasionally in her lab. Vegeta was training hard, stopping only for food and needing only a couple of hours sleep at night. Bulma had contracted a clean up firm and work had begun to redecorate everywhere.

Dr. and Mrs. Briefs returned at the end of the week full of questions as to what was going on. "Don’t worry Mom, it was all supposed to be a surprise for you and Pop, but I didn’t get moving quick enough with the decorators!" Bulma hoped that this explanation was good enough for her parents. She wasn’t ready to tell them yet.

"Okay Honey, it was really sweet of you. Did everything go okay? You enjoy your time off?" Her Mom was only asking the usual questions but it seemed to Bulma that she was prying for something more. "Yes everything was fine okay, don’t you trust me? What you think I’d let any baka in, huh?"

"Bulma Honey are you okay? You look real pale? Have you been eating okay? You seem real testy!"

Bulma saw Vegeta watching her out of the corner of her eye and calmed slightly. "Yes Mom I’m fine, just fine. I’ve just had a few late nights that’s all."

"Well if you’re sure. I must go and unpack. Boy it’s good to home!"

Bulma resented her parent’s intrusions now they were home. She had enjoyed the solitude. There had been a kind of understanding between them. He hardly even spoke to her. But he still came to her bed at night. He always came when she was sleeping and in the morning he would be long gone. She could still smell where he’d laid and she’d remember him holding her in the night when she had the nightmares. The days passed much the same, Bulma returned to her lab and her projects. Her Saiyan protector was never far away

 

Her parents wedding anniversary and a big party loomed.

"Invite who you’d like honey. Within reason of course!" Her mother had told her.

"How about Yamcha, we never see him around here anymore, and then there’s Krillin and ChiChi of course…." Her Mothers voice trailed off as she caught sight of Bulma’s face. "Honey are you okay, you look like you’ve seen a ghost?"

"Sorry Mom I have to go, I’m sorry" she raced to the bathroom and bought up the contents of her breakfast As the nausea subsided she sat back on the floor.

She thought she was over all that.

She thought she could handle it, perhaps not.

She stood and washed her face with cool water, "I have to handle this." She said to the reflection in the mirror. "Mom and Pop would be devastated if they found out what he did to me, they think so much of him."

With this renewed determination she went out to face the world with her chin up and her mind on shut down. Her Mom was waiting in the kitchen.

"Is there something you’d like to tell me?"

Bulma looked at her mother trying to read her expression. "Like what?" she asked. "Have you and Yamcha split up again? I do hope not, he’s such a nice boy. OH MY God, You’re not pregnant are you? Bulma you know you can talk to me Honey."

Her Mom was talking incessantly. "Mom, listen I’m fine, please just leave it okay." She needed fresh air and headed out into the garden.

The noise from the gravity room drew her towards it and she went to the observation window.

Bulma caught her breath, Vegeta was deep in training, fully powered up and looking dangerous.

What was it about him that held her fascination, she wondered?

She felt hot and couldn’t take her eyes off him.

The muscles on his chest were so well defined, she knew them well, after all didn’t she spent most nights laid across them. He still came to her bed at night more out of habit she thought than anything else.

Lately she’d been waking and just lying next to him taking in his well worked body. Watching him sleep, wanting him to want her, but feeling she may find the experience more than she could cope with, after what she’d been through.

She imagined he would be as much like an animal as Yamcha had been.

She didn’t think she could handle that. Not yet

 

Work now took over in her life and she very rarely came out of her lab. She’d produced some very impressive pieces including a whole range of anti attack devices.

She felt she needed some defence after all Vegeta may not always be around when she needed him.

 

The day of the party and frantic activity ensued. The briefs had gone all out and had hired caterers to do all the work. The weather had been exceptionally hot over the last week and as the morning progressed it only bought more heat with it.

Bulma was taking five minutes break from her Mother’s panicking and was sitting in the shade of the cherry tree in the garden, a figure loomed over her and she shielded her eyes to see. Vegeta stood with his arms folded across his chest and the familiar frown on his face.

"What’s up?" she asked him "Too hot to train?"

"I’m going to find somewhere cooler, and to get away from that Mother of yours, she’s giving me a headache. You’ll be fine. There are all lot of people around." He was matter of fact about it all and she understood his need to be away from all this activity.

He didn’t socialise well and there was nothing she could do about that.

"I’ll be back when it’s all over." She watched him turn away and launch himself into the air and in a flash of light he was gone. She sat for a long time and watched the empty space where he’d been, and felt very alone.

He was the only one who knew what she been through. They had hardly ever spoken about it, but he’d been the one who’d found her and he’d tended to her injuries. If he hadn’t put her into the regen tanks she would be dead by now she was sure of that.

At times it was hard to believe that this proud Prince, this Saiyan killing machine could be so gentle. She’d watched him through the windows of the gravity room and marvelled at his ferocity, at his fierce determination to achieve the ultimate goal of being a Super Saiyan.

It must have been hard for him to have Gokou reach this level before him. It must have hurt his pride more than anything else.

Bulma wondered how long it would be before he was back.

She felt safe when he was around.

 

Vegeta headed for the remote island he’d discovered some time ago. It was completely deserted apart from some indigenous lifeforms, ideal for training and meditation.

He had to get away, away from her. She filled his every thought; he couldn’t shake her image out of his head. Maybe some isolation would cure this ailment.

He found her fascinating, yet annoying. He took great delight in goading her into arguments. She was easily upset and it was great sport to wind her up.

He also hated the way Yamcha treated her; he’d wanted to kill him on more than one occasion. It’s a pity he hadn’t taken the opportunity before the attack. He saw the island looming ahead and was pleased to find it was still the barren outcrop of rocks as it had been when he was there last.

 

The party preparations were well under way. Bulma went to her bedroom to change. She had thought of the little black number she’d put by for a special occasion, but dressing provocatively seemed stupid. Only inviting trouble, so she opted for something safer.

After showering she dried her aqua hair and was surprised at how long it had become. She generally kept it up most days so it was out of the way. She hardly ever wore it loose, but tonight she decided to do just that. It was well below her shoulder blades and shone. She took a last look in the mirror. outwardly she looked fine. Her reflection belied the fact that all she wanted to do was stay in her bedroom and give this party a miss. She couldn’t let her parents down though, and so she made her way downstairs to join the revelry

It was lovely seeing all her old friends again. It had seemed like years that she’d seen ChiChi, and the two of them greeted each other so. "Bulma, you’re so thin!" ChiChi exclaimed after much hugs and kisses. "Is everything okay with you, You seem so quiet?" "I’ve just been working too hard lately that’s all, it’s nothing. Don’t fuss ChiChi, you sound like my mother!" Bulma forced a smile as ChiChi laughed at her. All was not well though and ChiChi knew it. Bulma did not seem herself at all. Normally at parties she was the wild one who ended up dancing on the tables, but tonight she’d had to seek her out and had found her sitting in the corner hugging her drink. "Is everything okay between you and Yamcha? I heard from Krillin that you two had broken up again. Has he been bothering you at all?" Bulma looked at the other woman with a frown. "What do you mean bothering me, have you heard something?"

"No nothing. It’s just that Yamcha seems to have been getting into a spot of trouble that’s all."

"Like what? What sort of trouble?" Bulma listened to what ChiChi was saying. "He’s been getting drunk and mouthing off about attacking a girl, left her for dead he said." Bulma felt sick and her head began to spin. "She was in a pretty bad way I think. It seems so unlike Yamcha, I know he had a pretty bad reputation, but I thought he’d put all that behind him."

ChiChi seemed to be revelling in the gossip she was relaying to Bulma and was gabbling away. Normally Bulma would have enjoyed the girlie chit-chat but the news that ChiChi had told her about Yamcha had bought memories flooding back to her.

As soon as she could get away, Bulma took herself outside for some fresh air.

She felt nauseous and the cool night air felt good against her hot face. She looked to the skies and silently begged Vegeta to come home. She missed him and she could do with him being here right now. She felt uneasy, and she walked away from the house towards her lab.

Maybe if she immersed herself in some work it would take her mind off things. She thought that the party would be fun. She’d loved parties and would always be the last one to leave. But she just didn’t seem to have any enthusiasm anymore. In fact the noise from the party was just annoying to her.

She reached her lab.

Her hand traced lightly over the codes to unlock the door.

The hairs on the back of Bulma’s neck began to prickle, and she found she couldn’t move.

She knew he was behind her even before he had touched her.

The sick feeling she’d had earlier on washed over her and she felt dizzy.

"Bulma how nice to see you again." Yamcha yanked her head back by her hair and breathed against her neck.

"Mmm you smell good, enjoying the party were you? I was very upset that you hadn’t invited me. So I thought I’d come anyway, just to keep you company." He laughed. She tried to struggle but it was hopeless he was far too strong for her. "I so enjoyed your hospitality the last time I was here, I couldn’t stop thinking about you." He spun her around to face him. "I thought you were dead. Your knight in shining armour come to save you did he?" She was shaking now, her mind told her to fight but her body wouldn’t let her.

His eyes told her that he wouldn’t let her survive this time.

"Please Yamcha, not again, please." The tears rolled down her cheek and he traced his finger along its route.

"Don’t cry sweetcheeks it won’t hurt for long."

The air was electric and the thunder that had been rolling around erupted into streaks of lightening. She was spun around again and she felt the cold of the steel at her throat. Vegeta stood before them. Yamcha had obviously heard him coming. "Any closer Saiyan and she dies, I’ll slit her fucking throat and you can watch her bleed to death." Vegeta clenched his fists in fury, he felt helpless.

The blade that Yamcha held cut into her throat and she felt a trickle of blood course its way between her breasts.

This was it she was going to die, she didn’t want to die.

The pain in her eyes held Vegeta, he couldn’t let this happen.

He powered up, he didn’t know what else to do.

The blue of his aura shone out in the blackness of the storm laden night.

Lightening was cracking around them now and the heavens opened. Within minutes they were all drenched, this didn’t seem to deter Yamcha, he still held her in his grasp the knife cutting into her with every move she made.

"Well what’s it going to be your royal highness? How’re you gonna get outa this one?" She pleaded silently with her eyes and Vegeta could take no more.

His aura flickered.

Yamcha tensed.

Something was happening.

Vegeta let out a roar that sounded like an animal possessed, his aura flickered again.

The power that emanated from him was oppressive. Without warning the power exploded and Vegeta had evolved.

He had achieved his ultimate aim and was now Super Saiyan.

The knife Yamcha was holding dropped to the floor with a clatter and she was free.

Her first instinct was to get away, to run, to put as much distance between the two of them.

The look on Vegetas face was one of pure hatred.

His aura flared up, his hair flickered from black to gold.

His eyes once black pools, now emerald, with all his hate and fury channelling through them.

Bulma put her hand to her mouth in shock. She’d seen Gokou do this once before, when he’d returned from space. She hadn’t realised how much power it involved.

She was petrified, but more for her attacker, he didn’t stand a chance.

Vegeta stood watching the other fighter. It seemed pointless now, to kill him.

He felt elation; he’d done it.

This was his ultimate goal.

Strangely he felt calm. Yamcha was showing his true colours now and had sunk to his knees. He was begging for mercy. It would be too easy to kill this weakling human, he was way below his power level It would be childs play to blow him away, for what he did to Bulma. He felt it wasn’t worth his while. "Get out of my sight, you pathetic creature, if I even smell you around here I’ll rip your balls out through your throat."

Yamcha couldn’t move fast enough, he stumbled away and was gone.

It was all down to his emotions.He could see that now It had been the threat to her that had sent him over the edge.

Bulma watched as this perfect Saiyan warrior came towards her. She wasn’t afraid, not of him, she was never afraid of him. He powered down as he neared her. He didn’t want to harm her in any way.

It all seemed so easy now. The months of training had paid off, but it had been his emotions that had been holding him back. He pulled her towards him and kissed her neck, she did smell good, he breathed in her scent and it made him feel giddy. The touch of his lips felt like fire and she looped her arms around his neck

She had no fear of this warrior, she knew he wanted her, she also knew that he would do anything to protect her. Not that she needed protection now; he and Gokou were the most powerful beings on this earth. That felt good, in fact it felt so good she was on a high.

His arms tightened around her and she looked into his eyes. He took to the air with her and headed towards his island. At first she was petrified and clung tightly to him, then as her trust in him grew she began to relax.

The night sky sped past them and soon they reached their destination. Vegeta landed softly outside his dwelling, it was basic. Bulma took in her surroundings and turned to her saviour.

Their mouths met for the first time and Vegeta was stunned by how soft and gentle her lips were. Did she taste as good as she looked? She gasped as he bit her lower lip, drawing blood and tasting it. He was hungry for her now and took her there and then on his terms on his island.

 

As dawn broke over the horizon, Bulma stirred and she wondered where the hell she was. She stretched on the makeshift bed, her body was sore and she ached all over. A smile played across her lips as she remembered the night before. She had been right to think he would be like an animal, but he had also been gentle at times, it had made her cry. They had been at it most of the night and she was exhausted, in the end she had begged him to let her sleep for at least half an hour, Vegeta had laughed at her and said that she was just a weakling.

Where was he now, she wondered. She stretched her legs out to the side of the bed and was stunned at the bruising on her body. "I suppose this is something I’m going to have to get used to." She mused to herself. "Now to find Vegeta, I need to get home."

Her clothes were scattered over a wide area and she smiled when she thought of how he’d virtually ripped them from her. She gathered them together and put on what hadn’t been ripped to pieces.

Vegeta was on the beach, she watched him from the shade, it was early morning but it was getting hot already. The heat had even reached here. He was practising some of his moves and it was in slow deliberate motions. His muscles glistened in the early morning sun. It was fascinating, and she sat and watched while he trained.

He was a strange one, she thought. She never thought for a million years that he and she would get together. They were both fairly volatile people, it was true, and he had an ego the size of a mountain, but she couldn't help but think that she had found her soul mate. She knew she could trust him, and he would die for her. What more could a girl ask for?

Vegeta finished his training and wandered over and sat next to her in the shade. "Sleep well?" he asked with a smirk on his face. "Yes when you let me, I slept very well. I didn’t even hear you leave me." She looked into his coal black eyes. He was studying her face intently. "What is it Vegeta?" She asked. His eyes lit up "You have nice eyes." He said then looked away quickly. She had the feeling that he was embarrassed, she also had the feeling that he had never said or maybe even thought of saying that to anyone before. She was flattered. Of all the things Yamcha had said to her to win her over, this was probably better than any of them. It was just a simple statement and it meant the world to her because she knew that it had probably taken a lot to say it "I need to get home Vegeta, I have things to do." He looked back at her. "Soon." He said, "I’m hungry."

A couple of days had passed before she asked him again if she could go home. This time he agreed and before long they had flown back to Capsule Corp. Gently he landed outside her window on the balcony, kissing her gently before releasing her and flying off again. She entered her bedroom in a daze and lay on the bed for a few moments she would shower and freshen up first before finding her parents. She had a lot of explaining to do.

It was weeks before she saw Vegeta again, she was not happy at all. "Bastard men, they’re all the same. Why did I think he was any different to Yamcha?" She was cursing him yet again as she bought the contents of her stomach up for the third time that morning. What was happening to her, she felt awful. She was not stupid, it was really quite obvious to her what the problem was, it was just that she didn’t want to acknowledge it.

Her problem was that she didn’t know how Vegeta would react to the news.

Ignoring the problem was easier said than done, as she would be violently sick for hours on end in the morning, cursing everyone and everything as she did. Her parents had been more than supportive, since she had poured her heart out to them. It was surviving what was happening to her at the moment that she had to deal with.

She curled up into a ball on her bed after another trip to the bathroom. She was exhausted and drifted in and out of sleep. The breeze from the open windows fanned her sweat soaked body.

 

Vegeta leaned against the window frame and watched as she slept.

He’d missed her and no amount of training could take his mind off her.

He was troubled. She didn’t look well.

In fact she looked awful. Her face was pale and she looked so thin, but she was still so beautiful. He walked towards the bed and sat down on the edge. He moved a strand of hair away from her face.

The mark on her neck startled him, it was still as fresh as when he’d done it.

He now knew why she looked so bad.

She was carrying his brat.

It didn’t surprise him, the way they had been on the island. He’d lost all sense as he took her, drowning in her scent, she’d mesmerised him.

He’d never known feelings like it.

As he’d come in her he bit into her neck and the taste of her blood had released a power in him that threatened to overwhelm them both. Afterwards they had slept for hours, when he woke he thought he’d killed her.

Thank Kami he hadn’t.

He laid a hand on her stomach. Reaching into his subconscious he sensed it was a male child within.

This bought a smile to his lips.

If Kakarott’s brat had been anything to go by his son would be far stronger than all of them.

Bulma stirred, she saw Vegeta and flew at him

"You bastard where have you been. What? You had your way then leave me to pick up the pieces. How could you?" She buried her face in her hands The nausea threatened to overwhelm her again and she looked up at Vegeta. "Go away." She whispered. "I don’t need you here right now."

He tilted her chin up to look at him and he kissed her, gently to begin with, then more insistently. She felt a heat coursing through her body and it wasn’t desire. She felt odd, as if her whole body was on fire. She broke away from his kiss. "What did you do? I feel different." The nausea that had been threatening earlier on was all but gone and she felt like she could take on the world.

"I’ve given you some of my energy. You should feel good. It’ll be better for the brat if you are not puking up every five minutes."

Bulma was stunned, how the hell did he know?

She looked at him with a frown.

"He will sap your strength as time goes on, you will need all the energy you can get."

He was talking to her as if he were ordering steak and she’d been worrying herself into an early grave thinking he would fly into one of his tempers once he found out.

"I’m not a fool Bulma, I knew you would be carrying a brat of mine after the time we spent on the island. The bite on your neck was an indication. It will heal when the boy comes."

She was still in shock. She felt good there was no denying that, what she wanted to know was why he had left her after he knew full well that she was carrying his baby. She asked him such. "I knew you’d need space to accept the fact first, and I needed to train. If I stayed I wouldn’t be able to keep my hands off you." He smirked

"How are you so sure that it’s going to be a boy?" She asked him.

"I can sense it with my ki. He’s going to a strong one. You had better be up to this. Let’s hope your bravado is as keen as your mouth is sometimes!"

 

Most of her pregnancy passed by without many incidents. Vegeta spent his days training hard even though he’d achieved his ultimate goal; he always strives for more. At night Vegeta would wrap himself around his mate protectively, spreading his hands across her ever-burgeoning belly. He could feel his brat kicking. He was getting stronger by the day, he could feel his ki and it was good. Bulma benefited from Vegeta’s energy from time to time. It was the least he could do to keep her strength up.

 

The baby had been kicking more than usual and Bulma had got up early. She couldn’t take much more of this, it was getting painful. She stood at the fridge in the kitchen and helped herself to some fresh orange juice.

The pain in her ribs caught her off guard and she gasped, that wasn’t the baby kicking. She put her hand to her side and held herself. Her fingers felt sticky and she bought them up to her face to look at what it was.

Blood.

Oh Kami, what was happening?

She felt the room spinning and she turned to the table to steady herself.

HE was there.

Oh no.

Why?

She fell before she reached the table, the floor rising up to meet her.

"Vegeta, help me." She whispered before the world turned black.

 

Yamcha wiped the knife on the towel as he left Bulma’s house.

If he couldn’t have her, then that bastard Saiyan wasn’t either.

He went home to wait for his destiny and wondered how long it would take to die at the hands of a Saiyan possessed.

 

* * * * *


Table of Contents
Part 2