AN: Ahem. Long time no see eh? What has it been, 2 months or something? Okay….before everyone starts ranting and raving with "it’s about time"-s, I have a completely plausible excuse. But you don’t want to hear that right now. In fact…..I bet you just want to get to the story….

Disclaimer: Right. So me and Akira are chillin in our huge mansion down in Beverly Hills with our white picket fence and 2.5 children, right? So, out of the blue he turns to me and says, "You know, Scrambled, I think we should get a divorce. Things haven’t been real great the past couple of months, and we need to go our separate ways." So I say, "Hey, as long as I get to keep the car and the mansion, I’m all good. But you can keep the kids. Okay, okay…..you can have DBZ too."

Thanks: Okay ya’ll. I REALLY want to thank those who’ve reviewed constantly and who’ve been keeping up with this fic. Even though I suck and can’t update regularly…you guys still manage to hit me up with a review. Thanx.

Last time: Since it’s been so damn long, I’ll refresh your memory: Bulma and Vegeta get stuck in the bathroom and of course end up having some wet fun. Meanwhile, Jay is downstairs getting his mack on with some chick he doesn’t even know. (What’s up with that Jay? Maybe you should get to know a girl before making out with her in the kitchen.) When Bulma and Vegeta manage to escape the pit of hell, Bulma rides with Goku and he tells her the history of him and Vegeta. Meanwhile, Rayven’s telling Vegeta some bullshit about not getting too close to Bulma. (Since when is it your business Rayven? Geez. I hate that girl.) Onto the drags!

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

 

Chapter 12

 

Bulma flinched again when another motor was revved. Was she ever going to get used to the noise? She doubted it. She spotted the crew (excluding Rayven and Vegeta, but including Yajirobe and Zaria) and tapped Goku on the arm, pointing them out.

"You guys late again," Picollo stated when the two approached them. "What a surprise."

"Hey, it’s only 11:30," Bulma defended.

"Yeah, well, we girls thought we’d show you and Zaria the scenes since you haven’t really seen ‘em," Chi said.

"Okay, let’s go!" Goku said, a little too over-enthusiastically.

"Nah, sorry Goku," Juu said. "Females only."

"Yeah," Launch included, "Girl power and all that."

The three women grabbed Bulma and Zaria (even though Juu was a bit reluctant to have the green haired female along) and began a tour of all things street.

After a while, Bulma’s head had been filled with the street terms, who to know, and who was dangerous. ‘Shit, you’d think me being a cop, I’d know all this stuff,’ she thought.

"So, when’s the race gonna start?" Zaria asked.

"Any time now," Chi answered.

"Speaking of, where’s Vegeta?" Bulma asked, trying to sound casual.

"For someone who claims to hate the guy with a passion, you sure do seem to think about him a lot," Juu said, making the other females laugh.

Bulma rolled her eyes. "Just askin’. And besides, a race ain’t a race unless Vegeta’s in it right?"

"Speaking of the devil," Lauch said, as they spotted Vegeta surrounded by his usual cluster of women.

‘The devil he is,’ Bulma thought, taking the man’s god-like appearance. It seemed like wherever the man went, he made it a point to look sharp. He wore a white wife beater and fitted black pants, pulling off the whole bad boy look. Over his shirt he wore a black, silk, short sleeved button up shirt that matched his hair and pants, bringing out his infinitely dark eyes.

Bulma turned away when he noticed them from where he was standing.

"He’s not looking over here, is he?" Bulma worried, hating that she was acting like a school girl with a crush. ‘You’re a cop with credentials Bulma!’ she reprimanded. ‘Act like it!’

"Yeah. In fact, he’s headed this way," Chichi said, loving Bulma’s out of character nervousness.

"Well, I think that’s our cue," Juu teased in a sing-song voice.

Zaria’s face became confused.

"Don’t worry Zar," Launch comforted as the four women turned to leave Bulma. "We’ll explain it to you on the way back."

Bulma’s eyes widened. "You’re not leaving me here are you??"

But they were already gone.

"Now I know the meaning of ‘choose your friends wisely,’" she muttered under her breath as Vegeta came towards her.

"Hey Vegeta."

‘Hey Vegeta?? Hey Vegeta?!?! Could I be anymore lame?!’

He chuckled. "You came to see me, huh?" he asked, being his typical egotistical male self.

"Well….yeah, I came to see you. But n-not you in….in like, person. You in your race…you know…" Bulma finished off lamely.

Vegeta almost laughed at the stuttering woman. Damn, did he look that good? One thing was for sure though; she was lookin’ good enough to fuck on the spot.

She was killing him in her tight black flares and even tighter black tube top. Shit, who let her out of the house in that piece of cloth? Her shoulders and flat stomach were both bare, leaving them visible to all the sex-hungry guys a person could find in a place like this. If he didn’t hate her so much, he’d actually care.

"So, did you come to tell me to be careful? ‘Cause if you did, then, you’re years late."

"Don’t get ahead of yourself Vegeta. I don’t think about you that much." Her breath was getting slightly heavier at his closeness.

"Oh yeah?" he asked softly, wanting to finger a stray lock of her blue tresses. "When do you think of me?"

She smirked. "When I’m pummeling my punching bag," she said, feigning sweet. She pushed him playfully.

"Now, go back to your female friends and make sure you win. I have a lot of cash riding on you."

Vegeta smirked inwardly. ‘That’s not going to be the only thing riding me by the end of the night.’

When he began to walk back, he heard her call out his name.

"What do you want, woman?"

"Just…..just be careful."

He smirked once again. "Didn’t know you cared."

"I don’t. It would just be a pity for that beautiful ride you got to go to waste."

A horn sounded, indicating a few minutes ‘til the race. Vegeta shook his head, and turned, wondering when he’d become her man-bitch.

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

"Party at Bulma’s!!" Krillin yelled into the street after the race. Everyone cheered, happy to have a place to party for the night.

Bulma’s eyes widened. "Krillin1 You must be out of your damn mind!!"

Krillin just smiled, patting her on the back. "It just works that way sometimes," he said simply before running off to go congratulate Vegeta.

Bulma sighed heavily. ‘What have I gotten myself into?’ she asked herself before heading to find Goku and get to her place before everyone else.

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

When Bulma and Goku drove nearer to her house, they were met by a mass of cars and some people hanging outside. The house lights were on and music was blearing from the inside. Through the windows, the pair could see random people drinking beers and dancing.

"How’d the get in?" Goku asked, voicing Bulma’s thoughts.

"Had to be Mom. She’ll let just about anyone in. I need to talk to her about that again," Bulma answered just as a car honked, stopping at their side.

"Nice crib you got here B!" Juu complimented, staring up, awed at Bulma’s place. "If I didn’t know any better, I’d say you’re rollin’ in the dough."

"Yeah, well it helps when your dad is owner of Capsule Corporation," Goku slipped, followed by an elbow in his gut. "Ow Bulma! What the hell was that for?"

"No shit!" Jay exclaimed. "Capsule Corporation? That’s where we get most of our shit! You’ve gotta be kiddin’ me!"

Bulma gave Goku an irritated look on account of his big mouth.

By this time, the rest of the crew had pulled up.

"What’s this I hear about Capsule Corporation?" Tinker asked as he jumped out of the car, Zaria and Picollo behind him. His eyes became big at the prospect of all the parts he could tinker with.

Vegeta stepped out of his Lex, followed by Rayven, Chichi, and Yamcha.

"I should have guessed the chick was rich," he started. "It would explain the stick up her ass."

Bulma rolled her eyes, wondering at how fast this guy’s moods changed. Not just an hour ago, he looked just about ready to screw her into the ground. Now he was all with the insults.

"Well," Rayven exclaimed, clapping her hands together. "Let’s get this party started."

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

Hours later

Goku was on a mission. Get in, inform, get out. He spotted Vegeta across the crowded room and made his way towards him.

"Vegeta. We need to talk," Goku said in his most serious voice. Vegeta pulled at his ear, indicating that he couldn’t hear over the loud music. Goku rolled his eyes, waving Vegeta over into a secluded corner.

"What do you want, Kakarott?" Vegeta demanded, cutting to the chase.

"Just wanted to tell you to stay the hell away from Bulma."

Vegeta sighed, tired of everyone in the world telling him the same.

"Thanks for the advice Kakarott. But what makes you think I’d give a damn what you say?"

"We were friends. You owe it to me."

"We were never friends. Just fell into the same crowd. Don’t get it twisted. And even if we were, I bet that all changed after I got your ass iced from that cop job you were so fond of." Vegeta smirked, proud to be the reason Goku had been fired from the precinct. From what he knew, Kakarott would be lucky if anyone even thought about hiring him for another cop job.

"I guess it’s true what my father said, Kakarott. The drags are calling to you. Has to be the only reason you’re here."

Goku tried to keep his anger in check. He knew Vegeta was only bitter from what had happened that long ago night at the drags. "Look, Vegeta. I just want to warn you. Stay. Away. From her," Goku demanded, his words precise. "You’ll never change. And I can’t have Bulma associating with a guy like you."

"Then leave. No one’s forcing anyone. And she’s a big girl anyway. I’m sure she can handle herself big brother."

"Just do me this favor, Vegeta," Goku pleaded, before turning and walking away. But before he could get far, Vegeta turned him around, forcefully shoving a wad of 100’s into his chest.

"You know what this is for, Kakarott. Consider it a thanks."

"Oh, c’mon Vegeta. You know I don’t want your money."

"Take it. Before I change my mind."

Goku sighed, resignedly grabbing the money and shoving it into his pocket, knowing that Vegeta wouldn’t take the money back.

‘You better enjoy it while you can Kakarott,’ Vegeta thought as he watched the retreating figure of his once friend. ‘Because, soon enough, running with the wrong crowd will have me taking you down.’

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

"Finally!" Bulma sighed to Chichi when she pushed the last stranger out of her house. At least nothing had been broken. She looked at her watch.

2:12 am.

‘‘Time for some good ol’ sleep. Now all I gotta do is kick the rest of these guys out of my parent’s house and I can hit the sack.’

"I don’t know about you guys," Tien said. "But I say we make it a sleep over."

"Hell yeah," Krillin agreed. "I’m not up for the drive back to my place."

Bulma’s eyes narrowed as everyone else agreed, naturally assuming it was okay with her. She shook her head. "I think we’re all a little too old for sleepovers, don’t you think?"

"No such thing as too old," Zaria said, flopping onto one of the many couches in the huge 2nd story living room.

"What’s this I hear about a sleepover??" Bulma’s mother asked as she came out of the kitchen.

"Well, Bulma invited us all to stay the night," Jay said, patting Bulma on the back.

"Oh, how fun!" Mrs. Briefs exclaimed, a little too over excited.

"Looks like it’s settled," Vegeta said, grabbing the big screen remote from Yamcha and taking a seat between Chiaotzu and Picollo, knowing that Bulma would rather they leave.

Bulma sighed, knowing that everyone’s minds had been made up.

"Mrs. Briefs," Juu called politely from her spot on the ground, watching the television as Vegeta flipped through the channels. "Maybe you could get us a few shirts and stuff to sleep in? It’s kinda hot and I don’t think I can manage sleeping in these clothes."

"No problem honey," Mrs. Briefs gushed with a huge smile. "Anything for the birthday girl."

She giddily ran up the stairs, anxious to serve company. Bulma sighed once more.

"I think I was adopted," she said as she grabbed the control from Vegeta and sat next to him, pouting.

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

Soon, everyone was settled in. Mrs. Briefs had strewn a few comforters for some of them to lie on.

"Okay you guys," Chichi said, going through the DVD’s. "It’s down to Speed, Gone in 60 seconds, and Bring it on."

"That’s a no-brainer," Jay said. "It’s all about cheerleaders in skimpy outfits."

The women groaned as the rest of the men agreed.

"Thanks a lot Jay," Launch said sarcastically, throwing a pillow at him.

"Hey Bulma!" Tinker called, leaning from the giant opened window that engulfed one whole side of the living room. "You know, if you’re not careful, a person could fall out this thing."

"Well, let’s just hope you keep your footing," Yamcha joked.

As Chichi popped the DVD in, everyone began to get comfortable. Bulma decided to skip sitting on the largest couch, and opted to get comfy on the ground (next to Juu and Krillin.)

"Hey, hit the lights will ya Nappa!?" Yajirobe called, holding on firmly to his bowl of popcorn.

Nappa complied reluctantly, mumbling something about being everyone’s personal butt-monkey.

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

A while into the movie, a few of them had already dozed off.

"What lightweights," Jay whispered into Zaria’s ear, referring to those who had already turned in. She laughed softly, the sound reverberating into his chest.

They’d ended up sharing one of the smaller couches. She’d been quite stiff in the beginning, sitting as far away from him as she could. But soon, his humor and laidback personality prompted her to become loose, curling up with him behind her. She’d only known this guy for one night but she felt more comfortable with him than she should.

"I’m feelin’ kinda sleepy myself," she said in response.

"Well then," he began, "close your eyes. It’s not like I’m gonna try anything."

She laughed again, rolling her eyes. "Not that I was thinking about it but now that you mention it…"

He smiled into her hair, reveling in the feel of her setting herself more firmly against him. His eyes began to droop in exhaustion of the long night.

‘Great Jay. Now you’re becoming a lightweight.’

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

Goku watched the light from the television flicker against her face. He leaned over. "You likin’ the movie?" he whispered into her ear.

She turned to him, her eyes furrowed. "Yeah, as much as I’d like watching a female mud wrestling match. This is such a guys flick."

Goku chuckled. "I dunno Chi. I’m feelin’ that rocker chick."

"Yeah, you would say that," Chichi replied with a hint of anger. ‘What’s her problem?’ Goku asked himself, confused.

"What’s your—" he was interrupted by Vegeta’s angrily grabbing a pillow and moving off the couch onto the ground. Appearantly they were making too much noise for him.

"What’s your deal, Chi?" he resumed.

"Nothing!" she whispered back harshly. "It’s just you and your typical guy thought process. Of course you would think that cheerleader’s hot. She’s pretty and has big boobs and wears tons of makeup!"

Goku smiled, not sure if she was angry or jealous. "If it makes you feel better, Chi, she can’t hold a candle to you."

She blushed, trying to hide a feminine smile. But her smile soon turned to a glare. "Not only are you a typical egocentric guy, you’re a liar too! You don’t have to say things to make me feel better." She turned back to the movie, fully ignoring him.

Goku’s eyes widened, not knowing when he’d even put out egocentric vibes.

‘If ever there was a time that I was confused, this is it.’

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

Bulma felt a body slide next to hers.

"What’s your deal big-head?" she asked.

"Those to love birds up there won’t shut the hell up." Vegeta replied.

"Don’t be mad because everyone else is getting action around here and you’re not."

That was an ironic statement coming from her. Truth was, throughout most of the film, her mind was focused on Juu and Krillin who were rather immersed in each other. Not that it was a big deal, but why couldn’t she have that? Oh, right, because she had a job to focus on.

"Right woman. If I wasn’t here, I’d be getting lots of action right now."

"You sound like a prepubescent teenager."

"I was never prepubescent."

"Get over yourself Vegeta."

He smirked and turned back to the movie.

When it finished, they were the only ones awake. She turned off the television, encompassing the room in darkness save for the huge window which allowed them to see out into the night.

She plopped back onto the covers next to Vegeta.

"You sleeping?" she asked into the darkness. He grunted, indicating that he was still awake.

"It’s too hot to sleep," she said, signifying that by kicking off the thin sheet that covered her feet.

"Wake me up when I begin to care."

After a few minutes of tossing and turning on Bulma’s part, Vegeta sighed, exasperated. "Would you settle down already?"

"It’s not like I can help it Vegeta. I’m burning up."

He sighed once more.

"Come on," he demanded, standing up and taking her hand.

"Where are we going?" she inquired as he dragged her towards the kitchen.

"Where’s the back door?" he demanded. She pointed, and he followed.

"But the only thing out there is the pool and the hot tub."

"My point exactly."

He dragged her outside and to the edge of the pool.

"Vegeta, I hope you’re not gonna do what I think--" her words were halted as she was shoved into the water. Vegeta laughed when she came up sputtering.

"Vegeta! That was so not funny!"

He smirked, pulling off his shirt and diving in.

Bulma twisted her body around, looking fro the asshole who’d just disappeared under the deep water. She almost screamed (and would have if it weren’t for her intense training) when Vegeta popped up right in front of her.

"What the hell is your problem Vegeta!?" she yelled at his smirking face.

"You said you were hot," he explained, as if it were the most logical answer in the world.

"I said I was hot. Not that I needed a dose of chlorine!"

Her shouting was hushed when Vegeta put a finger to his own lips. He gently jerked his head towards the house, indicating to the people in there.

"Quiet down woman. You’re not the only person on this block, you know." She made a face at his tone. "I don’t even know what your deal is anyway. You can’t tell me you don’t like the feel of the water."

Bulma shook her head, not able to respond. Of course she liked the feel of the water. It was a welcome sensation after the heat that had been scorching her body. If only she didn’t have to tread water. She grabbed one of Vegeta’s shoulders as she felt her legs tire.

Vegeta chuckled. "Woman, could you be any more obvious?" Bulma rolled her eyes, deciding that she’d rather risk drowning that be taunted by this guy. But as she began to pull away, his arms wrapped around her waist, pulling her close to him.

"Rest your weight onto me," he ordered.

"No, Vegeta. I got—"

"Look, woman. I’m not in the mood to save your ass when you drown just because you’re too stubborn to receive help. Now rest your weight onto me!"

Bulma reluctantly complied, relaxing her body onto him.

"Good girl," he said into her ear as he swam to an edge.

"I’m not a girl," she retorted into the crook of his neck.

"Right. Woman."

He successfully delivered Bulma to one of the sides of the pool, but didn’t back off, keeping his hands on her waist.

"Okay, Vegeta," Bulma said, her breath quickening. "Space becoming an issue here."

He smirked once again and took his hands off her, only to rest them on either side of her, trapping her between the pool edge and his body.

Bulma’s breath began to quicken even more rapidly. ‘Shit. Doesn’t this guy know when to back off?’

"Why is it that every time I’ve been around you tonight, I’ve ended up getting wet?" she asked.

Vegeta chuckled at the double entendre. "That’s between you and your bodily functions," he answered. ‘And also between your legs,’ he added with a mental chuckle at his own little joke.

Bulma gave him a sarcastic look. "You know that’s not what I meant. And anyway, you’re one to talk about bodily functions," she retorted, referring to his responsiveness in the bathtub earlier that night.

"It’s not like I could help it," he defended, "It’s hard to get control of your body when some chick is on your dick."

Bulma rolled her eyes, immune to his dirty language and encouraged by his flirting tonight.

"Vegeta, how many times have I told you to get over yourself?"

"Plenty."

"Get over yourself."

He smirked, moving his body closer to hers and trapping her even more firmly between himself and the edge.

Bulma’s cop sense rang in her head but was quickly replaced by nervousness. "There goes that space thing again Vegeta." Her voice was shaky.

"Why so nervous….Bulma?" He knew exactly what he was doing. He was thinking with his head. Well, actually he was thinking with his dick but….same diff. He was horny! Hadn’t had some since the week before and now was as good a time as any, right?

"I’m not nervous," she said, her voice belying her statement as he came closer. "I just…don’t like you."

Vegeta laughed softly into her ear. "Are you sure about that?"

She didn’t answer, only eliciting a small gasp when she felt his lips brush lightly between her shoulder and neck. Bulma’s mind went temporarily blank as his mouth slowly traced its way up her neck and flit across her jaw.

"I don’t think you are so sure," she felt him say against her skin.

Her witty remark stayed trapped in her throat as she felt his fingers brush against her bare thigh. She felt that unwanted but inevitable moisture build between her legs. The one that came every time she was around him.

"Vegeta."

She whispered a quiet plea into the night before his lips came down upon hers.

Different. Not at all like the carnal kiss they’d shared once before. This one was filled with something she couldn’t quite place. Want?

She moaned, arching her body into his.

‘Not good. Not good. Not good!’ her mind panicked

His hands slowly crept under her thighs, lifting them so he could wrap her legs around his waist.

‘Good. Good. Good. Oh, so good!’

He refrained from kissing her too deeply, wanting her to feel as if she was in charge.

Bulma knew exactly what he wanted. She wrapped her hands around his neck, plunging her tongue into his mouth. Vegeta grunted, turned on even more by her initiation. She moaned as he thrust his pelvis into her.

She pulled her lips from his and threw her head back, sighed at the feel of his hardness pushing against her heat over and over.

Vegeta dropped a hail of kisses against her exposed neck and wrapped her legs more firmly around him, wanting to feel her heat.

"Oh God. Vegeta."

Oh God.

Vegeta.

Oh shit.

Oh shit.

Vegeta. Bad guy.

Bulma. Cop

Bad Guy. Cop

Oil. Water.

Oh shit. Oh shit. Oh shit!

Bulma snapped back to her senses, pushing him away from her. She was breathing heavily.

He looked at her with confusion in his eyes. He was panting.

She looked at him, not knowing what to say. She pulled herself out of the water and walked away from him.

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

"You hear that?" She asked Yamcha into the darkness.

"What the hell are you talking about Rayven?" as sleepy Yamcha asked, throwing a pillow over his head.

"I just heard a huge splash. Like something hit water."

"Go back to sleep."

Rayven sat up looking around as her eyes adjusted to the darkness. Where was Vegeta? She didn’t even have to look to know that Bulma wasn’t in her spot either. She heard further splashing coming from the back.

Her temperature rose in anger. "Yamcha!" she whispered sharply.

"What Ray!?" he answered, irritably.

"Looks like your girl and Vegeta are out having some more ‘wet’ fun."

Yamcha snapped up at this. "What do you mean?"

"Listen."

Yamcha fell silent. He heard the sound of Bulma’s angry voice.

"I said I was hot. Not that I needed a dose of chlorine!"

Yamcha looked at Rayven through the darkness, trying to hide his jealousy.

"Now do you believe me when I say they need to stay away from each other?" she asked.

Yamcha contemplated, knowing that getting involved in Rayven’s schemes wasn’t the best way to go.

"What do we do?"

Rayven smirked, knowing that with the help of Yamcha, Bulma and Vegeta would despise each other in no time.

 

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

 

Okay….so you wanna hear my excuse for bein’ so damn late? Not that I like to make excuses, but life’s a bitch. Because of family problems, I gotta move out of Texas and back to California. I love California and all but geez. It’d be nice to stay in one place for a few years. So, yeah, I’ve been kinda depressed and I didn’t want that to reflect in my writing. And besides that….my comp crashed and I lost EVERYTHING. I’d gotten about halfway through this chapter and I couldn’t find the spirit to start all over again. Just part of my list of unfortunate things that have been going on in my life. Damn, Bill Gates.

I’m not trying to make this long or anything, but something has come up that I kind of want to address. A few reviewers are scared that my fic is going to be one of those "Bulma and Vegeta fall in love on the first day the meet," or "Vegeta and Bulma fuck and fall in love during it." And I’m just like "Can ya give me a little more credit?" I have a good idea of how love works and I’m pretty sure that’s not it. So don’t worry. There won’t be a lemon until I feel it’s necessary to. Sorry Moonsayainprincess ;])

~Scrambled Thoughts~


Table of Contents
Chapter 11
Chapter 13