Hey guys my name is Elena and this is my first DBZ fic!! I do not own any of these characters because they belong to the makers of DBZ!! ENJOY!!

(Little language, drama, and romance)

EBONY
By: Elena

 

Chapter 1

 

"Woman! Where is my damn food?"

A loud roar exploded through the house. All surrounding neighbors within a ten mile radius sighed, shook their heads, and placed on their ear muffs preparing for battle.

"I don't know you monkey-headed baffon! Maybe it's stuck up your ass!"

Bulma scowled angrily in disbelief. How dare he that simpering arrogant ape! She was not his servant and by damn she was not going to start now.

Vegeta growled in irritation. How dare SHE object a direct order from the prince! His stomach rumbled hungrily. His impatience sharpened and he stomped a boot on the floor in frustration.

"Why you puiney self centered and may I say DATELESS wrench..."

He knew that would nail her. He was right on target. He smirked mischeviously at his own brilliance besides these verbal sparring matches were the highlight of the day and there was no way this Sayian was letting that earth woman off easy. No way.

He heard a creak and snapped his head towards a flight of stairs. A smoothe, flawless, nude tinted patch of skin and slowly rasing his head his dark eyes ran over a voluminous curvy frame wrapped in a thick towel. Finally resting on soft, shiny aqua hair and endless azure eyes. He had to practically raise a hand to his jaw to keep it from dropping. The devilish woman's cheeks were flushed with annoyance. She smoothed her hair and snorted.

"Oh there's food here you big dmb lug but you were given or kami knows what gave you arms and legs so go find it yourself you alien embesel!!"

She gave a smirk, a wink, and a victorious laugh before spinning on her heel and returning to her "lair."

That did it. Vegeta's eyes burned with black fire. She would learn her

lesson this time.

"Foolish woman," He whispered in wary amusement.

Bulma was practically gliding no floating back to her bedroom. She smiled inwardly. Boy she had done it this time. Her smile widened into a grin when she remembered the shock, the anger, and amusement that had flashed over his sculpted bold features. She had won this round and she couldn't help but get excited at the thought of the next intriguing tangle with the Saiyan Prince.

"Look who's laughing now Princess."

A deep voice bellowed from a darkened corner of her room. The shadow laughed heavily before stepping from the the wall his eyes twinkling excitedly.

Bulma's smile vanished. She put a shaky hand over her mouth before screaming.

"Oh shit I'm gonna die! Ahhh!"

She was fast but he was faster. Before she could even make it out of the doorway she ran into his rock hard form. Gasping in surprise she quickly and I mean quickly ran through her options. Immediately deciding on a course of action she hurled herself over the bed while desperately trying to keep herself covered and slammed the door of the adjoining bathroom.

After making sure the lock was bolted she collapsed gratefully against the back of the door and slid down to the floor. Catching her breath she let out a bout of giddy laughter.

"Kami I'm such a genius!"

She knew a weak lock wouldn't keep a Saiyan warrior out but he wouldn't dare break into the bathroom, now would he???

A Ki blast blew through the top half of the door quickly answering her inquirey. After covering her head and curling her body in for dear life from the chunks and debri of the door she snapped her head up as the smoke cleared. She was then confronted by a large, wide, evil, humongous .................... smirk.

"VEGETAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!"

The walls including the very structure of Capsule Corp. shook from the blast/yell that was instigated by a woman that could reach at least a 7.0 on the Richter's Scale. Wrath is great but the wrath of a woman is greater.

The Saiyan stood proudly, arms folded across his chest in a royal stature. His smirk remained but his ebony eyes bore onto her intensely. "You were saying woman?"

Bulma felt like her whole body was on fire under his oppressive gaze. Bravely she raised her head and stared back into those inky depths. Night clashed with day. She could fill her willpower melting away as well as reality. It was like an unseen force drew her closer to him. Closer to Danger. Neither could break off the eye contact that is until the doorbell rang causing Bulma to yelp in surprise and glance over her shoulder. When she looked back she was taken back.

Vegeta was gone.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

** Later That Night**

The dishes clinked and clanked and Bulma scrubbed them viciously venting out her frustrations. That stupid Vegeta!! Kami he made her so mad! Finishing a pot she moved onto an innocent coffee cup before chucking it into the soapy liquid. She had done nothing but been nice to him! She had opened her house and living essentials to him but most of her Kitchen!!!! And he the only thing he did was complain, demand, and fuss like a two year old toddler. HA!

The scientist laughed at that thought gently. Picturing Vegeta as a baby was enough to knock anyone off their rocker. But despite all of that external stuff for some reason she felt she could trust him. If you looked past all that pride, ego, and chauvinistic attitude there was a man/alien in there and one with somekind of heart. Right?

She shook her head slowly. Was she crazy? But earlier today she could have sworn she saw emotions swimming through his eyes but were they for her? If you took all that evil exterior away along with the insults and he dangerous past, he was pretty cute huh?

SMACK. She forcefully pulled her hand from her forehead. Why the hell was she thinking about Vegeta?? I mean it's Vegeta!!!! But for some reason the thoughts just wouldn't completely disapate leaving Bulma drowned in confusion and uneasiness. Sighing in an irritating manor she punished her mind for running away with her. Footsteps ecoed through the front hall and she spun in panick knocking a small plate from the counter but it never hit the ground.

She soon found herself face to face with none other than the cold, ruthless Vegeta himself. He smirked and she inhaled sharply as he brought his face close to Bulma's until their noses were practically touching.

"Missing this?" He asked huskily.

She could feel his hot breath on her neck and froze completely.

"Foolish woman." He whispered in her ear before placing the china in her hand but not before brushing his hand over hers lightly. He had no idea what affect his closeness was having on her but she needed to break this moment and fast. Spotting a deep gash in his arm she cleared her throat.

"You're wounded."

The mighty prince took a step back and snorted haughtly.

"It is nothing. Wounds are for weak pathetic humans not we Saiyan warriors woman."

"Pathetic as it may be I'm going to treat it. Now sit down."

The only response was that of one eyebrow hiking up in confusion as well as doubt. Finally after flashing her a death glare he settled upon the table silently moping.

First she cleaned the blood form his skin very gently trying not to falter under his two watchful coals. She warned him before she put on the antiseptic saying it might sting a little but he claimed that he was not weak. Griping that he could handle it.

A loud yell sounded through the Briefs's kitchen followed by a few minutes of long lined cussing. Finally Bulma finished much to her patient's relief.

"There you go all done."

Vegeta narrowed his eyes and inspected the bandage carefully before grunting and striding out of the kitchen muttering something about inadequate earth women.

However what Bulam didn't notice is that while her back was turned Vegeta had halted his journey, studied her once more, and walked out with a satisfied smirk lingering on his lips.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

In the days that followed the verbal sparring sessions continued full force while the strange encounters began to become more frequent. They were undertoned with flirtaciousness and were often very heated. Just the other night the two were engaged in a death glare war which then turned into a TV channel war, and finally a shouting match which was lead by a very aggravated and pissed off Bulma. In the middle of her shouting spree Vegeta had smirked and fluidly reached out a gloved hand and stroked her cheek slowly. Her eyes had widened and her mouth had remained silently gaping while no words could form.

"For once have you nothing to say woman? Tsk. Tsk." He had countered in enjoyment before spinning on his heel and exiting the room.

 

Bulma tossed and turned in her sleep every night haunted by the image of Vegeta. She couldn't take it! Anymore of these encounters and she would soon be done for besides how could she be sure that these weren't just some sick mind games that He was playing on her? Somekind of Saiyan trickory? However her heart was screaming something else.

"I have to talk to someone or I'm going to burst. I'll just call mom and see how things are. Hopefully she'll be able to help me!"

Bulma's parents had decided to take a second honeymoon. Since her father was always working he had felt like he owed her mother some time together and besides he needed a vacation from the technology workload no doubt.

After dialing the number of her mother's cell phone Bulma waited and waited but no one answered.

"Oh just great! The one time I really need to talk to them they're out of touch! Mom probably left it off again. "

Sighing tiredly she decided she would try again in the morning but as for now a beauty queen needed her beauty sleep right? She smiled to herself while pulling the covers over her and clicking off the lamp. Things were definitely getting interesting. As she drifted off to peace her dreams were filled of a warrior with spiky ebony hair and dark daring eyes...

**3:00 A.M. That Night**

BANG, BANG, BANG!!!! Bulma almost jumped off the bed. A lound noise had woken up the young woman but not before giving her a heart attack. After calming down a little Bulma realized that someone was at the front door. She wondered who in the hell would be knocking on her door at this hour of night?!? All sorts of thoughts flew through her head. Some were quite terrifying so as she wrapped her robe around her and approached the door, she grabbed a fire poker just in case. Gripping the tool tightly she readied herself to fling open the door when she felt a familiar presence.

"What kind of idiot would be at the damn door? Do they know what time it is? It's three o'clock in the fucking morning!!!!!"

Vegeta had emerged from his dark cave. He walked behind her carefully and held back his twisted laughter when he discovered the fire poker in her hand. He continued to stare.

"What you frreak?!?"

He raised his eyebrows and turned her attention back to the door grunting angrily but secretly she felt alot safer now that he was here. Gripping the tool tightly Bulma felt sorry for whoever was behind that door because she might miss with the fire poker but Vegeta cetainly wouldn't miss with a Ki blast especially since they had awoken a Saiyan from his rest and you never do that.

After throwing her shoulders back and collecting herself, Bulma flung open the door. She gasped when she was confronted with two wet police officers. Her first thoughts gravitated towards something that Vegeta had done but when she looked up into their eyes she knew it was something much graver.

The woman cop nodded to the male policeman who silently removed his hat.

"Are you Bulma Briefs?"

"Yes I am her. Can I help you?"

She questioned in a shaky voice. She didn't like the sorrowful urgent tone the man had used.

After sighing the man continued.

"Ma'am I'm afraid we have some bad news concerning your parents Mr. and Mrs. Briefs. Do you mind if we come in?"

* * * * *

Ok there it is! The end of Part One!! Yea!! I wonder what has happened to Bulma's parents?? And what will happen to her and Vegeta? You'll find out soon! ; ) Please e-mail and let me know what you think of my story!!! Thanks for reading!!

E-Mail: Angelz166@aol.com

Luv~ Elena


Table of Contents
Chapter 2 - to come