Note: Quick reminder, to differentiate the two Vegetas, there is Vegeta, Father, He etc. with a capital letter for the Vegeta from our familiar timeline. Hence, the vegeta from the past is with a lower case first letter. In addition, the disclaimer still applies for Chapter 2. Enjoy!

 

Chapter 2

 

Inside the Namek cave, the three Capsule houses stood in silence. In one Trunks, Chibi Trunks, Krillen, Gohan, Dende, and Bulma were all sound asleep. In another vegeta was quietly contemplating his predicament. In the last, Vegeta was following Goku’s approach to the planet. He was more cued into Goku’s ki than anyone else, even vegeta, and had been sensing him for about an hour. ‘Kakcarrott will land soon,’ He thought to Himself, ‘and near here conveniently.’ He smirked.

Vegeta heard a knock at his door. He sensed it was Trunks, and grunted signaling Trunks to enter, to which he did.

"Dad," the half saiyan began holding behind his neck trying to work out the knots he got due to sleeping on the crowded floor, "I just sensed Goku, should we go to meet him?"

Vegeta looked at his son as if that was the stupidest question he could ask. "Why would I go meet that idiot? I’m not on his call."

Trunks straightened his posture, "remember Father, I will not let you kill Goku."

"You’re becoming too bold for your own good!" Vegeta smirked.

Trunks did not like his Father’s expression and decided to leave, "I’ll wake the others," he said as he left.

As His son exited, vegeta entered, "Kakcarrott is here. Don’t forget that he is mine!" he announced with authority.

"Stop running your fucking mouth," Vegeta spat, "I’m tired of hearing your pathetic reminders."

"Fine," a pissed off vegeta began, "i’ll go to where he is landing and defeat him on the spot,"

"Go be Kakcarrott’s bitch if you want," Vegeta replied with a smirk, "but you are no match for him right now. Obviously, your weak senses can’t detect that he has been training."

vegeta had noticed a difference in Kakcarrott’s ki level but would not accept that he could not beat him. he just stood there, gritting his teeth.

 

 

 

Trunks looked down at all of the sleeping figures. All of them, except for Bulma, who was asleep in her room alone, were strewn about the floor and furniture. No one was willing to sleep with either of the full saiyans, even Trunks. Partially because both said, they would not share their capsule house with anyone else.

Quietly Trunks began to speak, "hey guys," he paused, "hey, Gokus’ here," he paused again and began a little louder. "Everyone, Goku is here." Still no response, his patience was wearing and his Father’s influence revealed itself. "Everyone, get up now!!" he demanded. All of the male occupants jumped with a start holding their ears.

"Damn," cursed Chibi Trunks, "fine Father!" He addressed his older counterpart. They each had characteristics from their Father and always acknowledged it when the other acted like Vegeta. Trunks scowled looking exactly like Vegeta. The younger boy acknowledged this too. "Yeah Dad, I’m up."

"Goku is here," announced Trunks still frowning.

Gohan and Krillen were ecstatic. They had been very nervous with two Vegetas around. Although they were both certain that Goku would be no match for the future Vegeta, he still offered comfort with his presence.

Bulma woke up from all of the screaming and walked to the living room to see what was up. She stopped dead in her tracks when she saw Trunks standing with his feet shoulder width apart, arms folded across his chest, and the exact scowl that Vegeta wore. ‘I can’t deny it any longer,’ she thought, ‘my future child will come from Him.’

 

 

 

"Hmm?" Goku said aloud once he stepped out of his ship. "Lets see where everyone is."

He reached out with his sharp senses and reasoned to himself silently, ‘that must be Freiza over there. Vegeta is over there and there, standing right next to himself,’ he didn’t find anything strange about that. ‘Oh no! Gohan and Krillen are right by him, I have to hurry! Luckily, they are not far at all.’

Goku quickly touched down in front of the cave. He heard arguing inside. His sensitive hearing could pick out the voices, it sounded as though someone was arguing with themselves. The saiyan cautiously stepped into the cave and walked to where he could see the three capsule houses set up. To his surprise, Krillen, Gohan, Bulma, a small Namek, and a purple haired boy who was about the same age as Gohan (Chibi Trunks had just about forgotten that Goku would have no idea who he was) all came out to greet him.

"Hey guys," Goku said surprised, "what is going on?"

All at once, they started to explain their side of the story. "Hold on, hold on," said Goku overwhelmed. However, his happy expression changed into one of his serious ones when he noticed vegeta, someone who looked like vegeta, and someone who had purple hair standing far behind the group in the exact same statuesque appearance: feet apart, arms folded, and a scowl.

Goku stopped all of the simultaneous stories and looked to his son. "Gohan," he started, "I see that there is a lot that I don’t know about. Let me read your thoughts."

‘Oh gag me,’ thought Vegeta, ‘don’t tell me that he is still so proud of that stupid trick.’

There was silence as Goku concentrated with his hand on Gohan’s head who had an amazed expression. "Wow!" Goku stated, "Who would have ever guessed that vegeta would be a daddy! And with Bulma; amazing, unbelievable even." As Goku went on about how crazy this turn of events was, vegeta’s patience ran thin.

"There are more important things to attend to right now Kakcarrott," he stated.

Goku nodded and started to walk towards vegeta with a very serious expression, he stopped right in front of the prince and his expression changed back to that stupid one that vegeta hated, "vegeta, you are going to be a daddy! Congratulations! And Bulma you…" he was cut off by Vegeta.

"Damn Kakcarrott, I didn’t think it would be possible, but you are even more idiotic in this time." He said irritated.

Goku looked over to the Prince, "Vegeta, it really is you!" He didn’t seem to care at all about the insult. "King Kai has been telling me about this guy Freiza. He says that he is really powerful, but I can sense that you are hiding your power. Can you beat him?"

"I thought you were suppose to beat him," Vegeta said with a smirk.

"I don’t think that I am as powerful as what I’m sensing from Freiza." Goku admitted.

"You’re not. However, I can easily beat that bastard, but don’t get excited because it’s your turn after his." Vegeta ended with a finger pointed on Goku’s chest.

He then turned to acknowledge everyone present, "Freiza is on the opposite side of this planet, and we will go to meet that transvestite right now." He commanded.

They all began to take off out of the cave and then Bulma yelled, "do not leave without me, I’m serious. I will not stay here all alone!"

Trunks looked ahead to his Father and received a small nod, which Trunks understood as ‘bring her.’ Trunks flew back and scooped up his mother. She grabbed tightly around his neck, and they were off.

 

 

 

As the eight figures flew towards Freiza, (one was being held) several conversations had ensued between the group members.

"Come on, please!" begged Gohan flying wit Dende, Krillen and the other young saiyan.

"Sorry Gohan," Chibi Trunks regretfully replied, "I can’t tell you anymore about the future. Trunks says that it is dangerous to do so, but I can tell you that it is so cool!"

Directly in front of them Bulma, being carried by Trunks, and Goku all spoke together about vegeta.

"I cannot answer many questions about the future, sorry Goku, but I can answer about vegeta: he does change." Trunks quietly replied to Goku’s question.

"I knew he would," Goku said enthused, "even on earth I could see that he would!"

‘So that is what I saw yesterday,’ Bulma thought to herself as she was carried through the air, ‘when He handed me the towel, I could see a difference between the two Vegetas. He does change!’ She was happy to know that. Bulma still was having a hard time accepting the facts. vegeta was so cold, but she was happy to receive the information that she had been getting from Trunks.

Heading up the front of the group Vegeta and vegeta almost calmly conversed.

"How do I do it? How do I become a super saiyan?" vegeta asked his older counterpart.

"I can’t tell you, otherwise, as undeserving as you are, it may not happen." Vegeta said.

"Or it may happen sooner," vegeta retorted.

"Don’t ever question my judgment asshole!" Vegeta ended the conversation.

Trunks overheard the argument ahead of him and decided it best to somehow change the subject. He looked over to Goku who was still flying beside him.

"Hey Goku, will you hold my mom for a minute?" Trunks asked the other saiyan.

"Sure," answered Goku as he held out his arms to receive Bulma.

Bulma wasn’t thrilled about flying in the first place, and this switch was even more stressing. "Please be careful," she pleaded.

Trunks gave her a reassuring smile and carefully handed her over to her own best friend and sped up to his Father.

"He’s a nice young man Bulma, you are lucky," said Goku to the women in his arms.

She nodded as she watched her son speed up.

vegeta saw Trunks hand Bulma over to Goku and dropped back to be even with his rival and future mate.

"Kakcarrott," started vegeta, "hand her over right now!"

Goku wasn’t sure he wanted to trust the care of his best friend in the hands of someone who has only proved himself a madman. "I don’t know vegeta, I can hold her."

"Listen you idiot," vegeta began seething, "you have got to be the most mentally incompetent individual I have ever had the displeasure of encountering. I will not accept handing over my future assets to someone as likely to fuck up as yourself."

"Oh okay," Goku slowly responded, obviously very confused, "here you go."

Bulma was nervous as she changed hands yet again. However, there was something about being in vegeta’s arms that felt right. In a strange way, this seemed very comforting.

At the front of the group, Trunks and Vegeta were arguing themselves.

 

"Dad," Trunks tried to reason, "we’ve made a huge mistake. Goku is not going to go super saiyan here, the situation is not going to push him over the edge."

"Ha!" Vegeta smirked in response.

"Don’t you understand? If Goku doesn’t go super saiyan, you may not either. Then neither of you will stand a chance in future battles!"

"It is true. My desire to be better than Kakcarrott fueled my intensity. However, I have already considered this problem." Vegeta stated with confidence.

"So you have a plan?" Trunks questioned.

"Mind your own business boy!" Vegeta spat.

It was true, Vegeta had considered this problem but he had no idea how to remedy it. He didn’t care about Kakcarrott achieving the coveted position but he certainly wanted his counterpart to. An answer would present itself, he just had to be patient.

Chibi Trunks had heard the conversation and sped up to be even with his older self and his Father. Passing Goku, his mother and vegeta, leaving Gohan, Dende, and Krillen in the back of the group.

Goku looked in front of himself at Vegeta and his son(s). "Wow vegeta," he began in awe, "their power is amazing."

vegeta rolled his eyes, "its because they are all super saiyans, but that power is nothing compared to what I will achieve."

"I wonder how much stronger I am going to get?" questioned Goku mostly to himself.

"None," smirked vegeta, "I’m going to kill you today."

"I don’t become a super saiyan?" asked Goku concerned.

"Don’t be such an idiot Kakcarrott, only I come from the blood line capable of becoming a super saiyan." vegeta spat. he knew otherwise, that indeed Goku would become a super saiyan just like himself. However, he was not going to admit that.

"I’m going to check on Gohan," stated Goku as he dropped back further in the line, "I’ll be right back Bulma."

"Take your time jerk off!" spat vegeta. The saiyan gave an irritated, but thankful sigh as Goku fell from their place. vegeta looked at the woman in his arms. She was undeniably beautiful, a pleasure to hold so close. However, her expression was fearful. This distressed him, he didn’t know why but he did want her to be somewhat comfortable with him. Then, he looked to the three super saiyans directly in front of him. First, at his son, from both times; he was impressed, Trunks had grown up to be strong. Second, to his future self. There was something there that he did not expect to see, but what was it? What was that unidentifiable, but unmistakable aspect to his future persona?

"Hey brat," barked vegeta to Chibi Trunks, "come back here and take your mother!"

Chibi Trunks immediately complied, "Yes dad," he answered as he floated back. That voice was just to intimidating to refuse.

Vegeta looked to His son who was obeying someone else beside Himself. This irritated Him. He didn’t excuse the brat. However, He decided to let it go.

Vegeta’s eyes followed vegeta as he came up to Himself and Trunks. he gave Trunks the look that the boy recognized as ‘leave now!’ Trunks did just that.

When the purple haired saiyan was out of earshot, vegeta began. "Did you bond with her?"

Vegeta looked to His younger counterpart and sighed. Did He really want to answer this ingrate’s personal questions? "That is none of your business."

This didn’t sway vegeta one iota, "You did? How!?" he shouted exasperated.

"What do you mean ‘how’," Vegeta questioned with irritation, "I bit her of course."

"Well i know how you idiot, but why?" vegeta yelled.

"Not even I know why!" Vegeta came back equally as loud, "now will you stop with the fucking questions concerning the woman!?"

"What do you mean ‘you don’t know why’?" vegeta spat angrily through gritted teeth.

"I will tell you this once," began Vegeta somewhat calm, "and then we will not go through this again. After the events on this planet, I was invited by the woman to stay at her home on the earth, I accepted."

Vegeta waited for his older counterpart to continue, which He did, in a very quiet tone.

"She had offered me a place to train, all the food I wanted, and room to myself where I would not be bothered." Vegeta got even closer to His younger version, so that no one would be able to hear. "During my time there, I began to notice a difference in myself. It was one that I did not welcome at first. However, I soon noticed that rejecting the new sensations were interfering with my training. To remedy the lost peace of mind, I experimented with embracing the strange changes."

"So, your genius self decided to bite her?" vegeta interrupted.

"No," Vegeta growled, "I was not even conscious of doing that when it happened."

"She’s that good uhh?" vegeta ventured, "i can’t wait until i get my turn. However, I won’t go weak and bite her."

"Only time will tell," stated the older saiyan with sly confidence, a little upset about hearing the younger saiyan express the phrase ‘get my turn,’ but decided to let it go for now, "but getting ‘your turn’ may not be as easy as you think. She puts up quite a fight."

"All the more interesting," he stated in an even tone. "Does she…"

"No more questions about the woman," Vegeta interrupted.

"Fine," vegeta spat, "one more question, not concerning her."

Vegeta nodded giving him the okay to proceed.

"i can tell, by his movements, that you have trained one of the brats, but not the other one. Why?" vegeta asked almost sounding concerned.

"I have trained them both." Vegeta responded evenly.

"Don’t lie to me," vegeta growled, "the younger one was indeed trained by you. The older one however, has developed some of your moves, but was not trained by you at a young age. Tell me why."

This greatly surprised Vegeta, His younger self had been displaying far more concern for his future family than He would have ever thought he would. Perhaps the change that had already occurred in Him was destined to take place earlier in this time. "I cannot tell you why that is, now, nothing more on the subject." Vegeta demanded. "Now I’ll concentrate on Freiza, I came a long way to get my revenge!"

Vegeta quickened His pace to reach Freiza sooner. The other seven flying figures hurried to catch up with Him.

 

 

 

"Lord Freiza," began a foot soldier, "we have received no word from the Ginyu force for sometime now. Worse further, they never did deliver those scouters you ordered."

"Worse further uhh?" Freiza mimicked the soldier, "only for you," he said as he effortlessly blasted the man away. "When I get my hands on that opportunist vegeta, he will beg for my mercy." Freiza said aloud to himself with a smile.

"Oh will I now," questioned Vegeta with a smirk as He landed directly in front of the pink and white terror.

"Well, speak of the devil," Freiza stated coolly. No surprise or fear was evident on his features.

"You certainly shouldn’t," warned Vegeta.

"How convenient for me, that you finally summoned the courage to come out of hiding. I was beginning to suspect that I would never find my little lost monkey." Freiza mocked. "Foot soldiers!" Freiza yelled, "take care of Him."

Twelve soldiers cautiously stepped forward. Although Vegeta was clearly out numbered, they were well aware of the saiyan’s reputation and wanted no part of him. However, if they refused to attack, Freiza would certainly kill them all. So, they attacked.

"Should we help Him?" Gohan asked Trunks, who was somewhat hiding with the rest of the group on one of Namek’s many plateaus, where they could overlook on the action.

"No," Trunks stated evenly, "He’s fine," Trunks reassured the small saiyan.

They all looked on as Vegeta pointed His index finger and put up His thumb, in the shape of a gun, and blasted each one away with ease.

"Its apparent that you have improved Vegeta," Freiza began, "but be honest with yourself. You are no match for me."

Vegeta let out a small chuckle and continued smirking.

"I always knew that you would turn on me, but I’m willing to forget your insubordination if you swear your allegiance to me now." Freiza urged.

"Why would I ally myself to someone who I will defeat?" Vegeta smirked, "I consider this a conversation with a dead man." ‘Or transvestite," He thought to himself.

"Yes, you are bold Vegeta, I’ll give you that. But, if it’s a fight you want, then so be it."

Freiza rushed the saiyan, bombarding Him with an array of punches and kicks, which Vegeta dodged and avoided with ease. This continued for sometime until the tyrant finally realized that he was no match for Vegeta in this form at least.

"I grow tired of always seeing that stupid smirk on your face Vegeta. After I transform, that will be the first thing I remove."

"Hurry up and transform, I want a fight," challenged Vegeta.

"You’ll regret asking for that," yelled Freiza as he began to power up.

Krillen looked on, "Trunks, Freiza’s power level is unimaginable, do you think that we should help Vegeta."

"This is nothing. Father will easily beat Freiza, He does not need our help." Trunks confirmed with confidence as he never took his eyes from the fight beneath them.

"I could actually mistake you for masculine in this form," Vegeta smirked as He mocked Freiza’s second form, while He effortlessly dodged His opponents attacks.

Freiza could see the futility and began powering up to his third form.

"Just skip it, go straight to the forth," the saiyan challenged.

Freiza did just that. In a huge display of blasts and lights, gravel being lifted from the planet’s floor, and clouds flying in all directions; Freiza, in his forth and final form emerged. "I pity you, poor bastard." He said to the saiyan. He then charged Vegeta full force, viscously attacking from all angles.

Vegeta took note of this form. It was more powerful than the Freiza from His timeline. However, the white devil hadn’t a chance in hell. Vegeta decided that He would let Freiza believe that he would win, so the prince allowed Himself to fall victim to an entourage of Freiza’s attacks.

"What do we have here," Freiza began as he approached the seemingly defeated Vegeta, "a fallen prince. It pains me to see you like this. I still care enough for you to kill you."

"Ha," Vegeta got up and dusted himself off, "you fool, I only let you think you could beat me, I cannot be defeated."

"Oh, and why is that?" Freiza asked amused.

"I have become your worst fear. I have become, a super saiyan!" Vegeta flared up, surrounded by an awe inspiring golden aura. His power was so concentrated, so immense that although Freiza had no ki sensing abilities, he could feel the intensity and he was truly scared.

Freiza looked into Vegeta’s aqua eyes, he acknowledged His golden hair and shuddered. ‘It has finally happened, to think, the monkey was right all along, He is a super saiyan!’

Freiza darted high into the air and Vegeta was waiting for him in the clouds. He sprang to the right to find the prince glaring at him, to the left only to run into the saiyan. Freiza stopped, he was completely out classed.

Vegeta approached him, stalking His prey. The two super powers were face to face, Freiza was trembling and Vegeta fed off his former master’s fear. The tyrant met his former apprentice’s gaze and saw something that he could not believe was present. He began to compose himself as he spoke, "I see a weakness in your eyes Vegeta, you are beatable after all."

"You bluffing bastard," Vegeta laughed at what He thought was a pathetic attempt to catch Him off guard, "I have no weakness. I’m the most superior fighter any world has ever seen!"

"No, I clearly see a weakness," began Freiza smiling, "it seems as though your power has given place to a soft spot. I only have to find it."

"Don’t delude yourself, it isn’t healthy. Leave this plane with some dignity."

The seven figures below, resting on the small plateau caught Freiza’s eye. He acknowledged each individual. "Quite a pathetic group Vegeta, I would expect more from you." Freiza started to eye each individual, starting from the right side he saw a small Namek, ‘no that isn’t it,’ he thought. Next a bald guy, ‘not that loser either.’ Third, two others that looked like saiyans with their black hair, ‘but that could not be true, the saiyans are all dead.’ Then to two purple haired boys, ‘hmm, getting closer.’ Standing right next to them was vegeta. "Vegeta there is someone who is almost as ugly as yourself," Freiza laughed, but that wasn’t it either. Finally, the last figure on the end, a blue haired woman, he could almost feel the connection. "That’s it!" Freiza yelled and shot a small blast without any hesitation.

Vegeta watched in horror as the small red ki blast made its way to Bulma. He watched knowing there was nothing that He could do, the size of the blast allowed it to move insanely fast. He looked to her blue, flashing eyes. They showed pure terror.

Suddenly, vegeta was right there, standing between her and the red ki blast. Vegeta hung in shock as he watched His younger version block with all of his might. vegeta’s arms were crossed in front of his body, preventing the blast from nearing the beautiful woman behind him. Without warning, the small blast grew to enormous proportions. It became a huge, fiery, looking ball of pure intense energy that only grew with power as vegeta continued to block.

vegeta saw his own end unfolding right before him, he had to accept his death, it was inevitable now, and no one could help him the deadly ball was attached to him only. he began to think of his own future. These thoughts had been plaguing him for sometime now. However, as much as he had despised the idea of his future family, now that it was never going to occur, he was anguished. vegeta had concluded that the oldest Trunks had been in a time where Vegeta had died, it was the only explanation for the boy not being trained by Him. Now, he had to accept that the charismatic boy would never even see life. he would never have the opportunity to look at his son, as he had seen Vegeta do, with pride. However, more saddening, he would never have the experiences with Bulma that his older self had hidden. vegeta had noted the way in which his counterpart responded and acted around the woman, he was well aware of the connection that the future versions must have had.

vegeta continued to block the intensifying blast with all he had as he felt Chibi Trunks flare up to super saiyan, swoop down and grab Bulma. Simultaneously, Trunks flared up to super saiyan as well and cleared the plateau of the others. The first thought that occurred to him was that he wanted to make sure to join them. he wanted to have this family that he had been rejecting, and he wanted desperately to be with Bulma. he began to power up to his full potential. If this ball of energy was all that stood in his way, then it would have to go, he sure as hell wasn’t. vegeta concentrated all of his energy on pushing that ball back, and his strength was growing, fueled by his desire to have this future that had shown itself. he continued to struggle, and was tiring under all of the pressure, but he refused to give in. he yelled, summoning all of the energy possible, yet the energy still threatened to overtake him, he thought once more about Trunks, and about Bulma. Then, it happened, vegeta burst into golden flames. The saiyan could feel the incredible power coursing through him, it was amazing. Then, he knew he could win.

The saiyan prince looked up the trail of the ki blast that he had been blocking to see that bastard Freiza on the other end. he changed the position of his hands to that of the crossed blocking, to the open handed blasting and pushed that ball back to who delivered it. Freiza could not over power the saiyan, and watched in horror as his own blast began to consume him. vegeta gave it a final push sending Freiza to hell, vegeta licked his lips and smirked.

"Wow," Goku exclaimed from a safe distance, "look, four super saiyans," he acknowledged the four golden glowing bodies in awe.

Vegeta looked down to His younger version in amazement, ‘what Freiza had seen as My weakness, was really My greatest strength. It was the same for him, it pushed him over the edge. When My, his family was threatened, he came through for them. Unbelievable!’

 

 

 

The eight beings all gathered on the grassy flatlands completely speechless. As Trunks and Chibi Trunks prepared the time machines for their journey back, vegeta was wearing a proud smirk of accomplishment.

Vegeta composed himself then looked over at Goku who was carrying on about how great it was that vegeta went super saiyan.

Gohan walked over to where Vegeta was standing with His arms across His chest, "please don’t do it Vegeta!" the young half saiyan begged the prince.

"Don’t worry Gohan," Goku said with a reassuring smile, "He’s not going to."

Vegeta wanted to strangle that imbecile for making assumptions about Him, however, the stupid saiyan was right. After He had considered His own feelings after His rival had died in His own time line, He realized how unsatisfied He was left.

"Nope," concluded Goku, "I can see it in His eyes."

Trunks sighed in relief. He had sworn to protect Goku from his Father and was going to do just that if need be, even when he knew that he would be no match for Him.

‘He is right,’ Vegeta looked to His younger counterpart, ‘look at what a fuck I’d have been if it wasn’t for Kakcarrott.’ He had to acknowledge it after today. Sometimes, one’s greatest weakness, becomes their greatest strength. It made sense. Kakcarrott’s success in His own time had pushed Him over to become a super saiyan. In this time’s future, vegeta’s family would not ever be threatened again from His knowledge of the upcoming events, and he would need the motivation, the competition that Kakcarrott supplied. "Don’t misunderstand Me Kakcarrott," Vegeta began with irritation, "I am going to kill you, just today is not your time."

He could not bring Himself to kill the other full-blooded saiyan, and this surprised Him. For a long time He had been awaiting His opportunity, and when that opportunity presented itself, He found that He no longer wanted it. Kakcarrott understood Him on some level. Although they had a strange relationship, it was a connection nonetheless. Vegeta found comfort in having a rival and perhaps a friend in the same person. Now that Kakcarrott was gone in His own time, He could appreciate how much the naïve saiyan’s presence really was valuable to Him.

"What the fuck?!" a very confused vegeta exclaimed in anger, "you’re not going to kill Kakcarrott?!"

"As I said, asshole," Vegeta retorted, "I am going to kill him, just not today!"

"Well if you are too coward, than i will!" vegeta flared up to his newly acquired super saiyan and stalked towards Goku.

Vegeta was instantly between the two other full-blooded saiyans as a super saiyan Himself. ‘How many times have I saved that idiot Kakcarrott?’ He thought to Himself, ‘that ignoramus is much more trouble that he is worth! I’m always standing between him and his end. And, then now that I had the chance to bring his end, I choose to stand in between again.’

Vegeta gave the spry, younger saiyan a powerful punch to the face. Although vegeta had become a super saiyan, he was still nowhere near the older Vegeta’s power and fell backwards. "Don’t overstep your bounds asshole." Vegeta warned the young prince.

"Fuck you," vegeta spat back, "I’ll get him when you leave."

"Ha," Vegeta laughed, signaling that He caught his bluff.

"Father," Trunks began quietly, so that no one else could hear them, "we are ready to go, but I must tell you that we are leaving huge problems." The boy began to name them off, "Goku hasn’t learned and will not learn instant transmission, he needs that for later, and not to mention that he is not even a super saiyan. Also, Piccolo was never wished back, and finally, the Nameks aren’t even on the right fucking planet!" the last five words were said very loud.

"Don’t you ever curse at me boy!" Vegeta warned his older son.

Everyone, excluding Trunks, rolled their eyes at that last comment.

Trunks looked around for an answer to this problem. He couldn’t very well tell them all what happens in the future, there had to be another way. It hit him; Dende was standing right there with them, he would be the future guardian of the earth! "Dad, let Dende read your thoughts!" Trunks stated excitedly.

"Fuck that," Vegeta replied irritated, "let him read yours."

"That wont work," Trunks began considering his Father’s demand, "my thoughts are from three separate timelines, one of them being unsuccessful. It may cause more harm than good for Dende to see my time."

‘Damn,’ thought Vegeta, ‘the other brat doesn’t know much about what happened during this time. Now some fucking green bean is going to read my thoughts!’

Trunks took Dende over to Vegeta by the hand; "should I be the one to do this?" asked the young namek.

"Yes," replied Trunks, "you will one day become the guardian of the earth, you have to do this."

Dende placed a tiny palm above Vegeta’s scowling face to read His mind. The young namek saw amazing things, but quickly brushed passed them knowing that Vegeta did not have much patience when it came to these matters. The boy saw glimpses of Vegeta on planet vegeta, as a prince in front of a huge warrior audience, His many fights, His life on and after Namek, the androids, cell, and finally he saw what Vegeta keeps hidden. Dende saw the love that the prince had for His son, and for Bulma. "Wow!" Dende exclaimed after removing his little green hand from the prince’s forehead.

"Don’t tell anyone!" Vegeta warned the young namek through gritted teeth while holding him by the collar above the ground, "or else, your being will regret it on all timelines."

"Yes sir!" said a shaken Dende. ‘Wow,’ the future guardian thought to himself, ‘He really does love them all!’

"Dad," began Trunks, "we’ve caused enough damage here, I think it best to leave now."

"Next time you decide to ‘think’, ‘think’ about not giving me your opinion." Vegeta spat.

Vegeta knew that His oldest son was right however, and started to walk towards His prepared time machine. He looked to Kakcarrott, he was waving like an idiot, Vegeta cringed as the numbskull wished them farewell. Next, He looked at Bulma, she was shyly waving goodbye and looked absolutely beautiful. He was sorry that He had put her through so much. Finally, He looked at vegeta, he was scowling at Him. Vegeta returned the scowl ‘at least I’m leaving her in good hands.’ He was proud of vegeta, he had come through for her when she needed him, and He knew that it would never change again.

"Father?" asked Chibi Trunks as they were entering the time machines, "how can you be sure that dad wont kill Goku when we leave?"

Vegeta had already seen the change in His younger counterpart; He knew that vegeta would understand why not to do what He Himself had partially come here to do. Yes, the change was evident, He could see it in his eyes, and there was no looking back now. "I know that jerk off better than anyone," Vegeta stated evenly, "he wont."

Ending with a few goodbyes, none of which came from either prince, the three super saiyans from the future blasted off without a trace, back to their home in the future.

"Well," Dende began, "we have a lot to do, we better get to it."

The remaining people, all in their correct timeline nodded in agreement.

"I always have liked vegeta," Goku said to Bulma.

"Don’t get carried away Kakcarrott," vegeta warned, "after all of this is over, you’re mine, got it!"

"Yeah, I got it," Goku smiled at his rival.

vegeta grunted and turned away from that sickening expression.

Bulma looked at vegeta who still had his back turned, ‘who knows what the future will bring?’ she thought as she giggled at the cliché. ‘I do!’ With newfound courage, Goku watched as she walked over confidently to the prince and whispered something into his ear.

"Not now woman," Goku heard vegeta yell, "I’m trying to think damn it!"

She laughed as she pranced back to where Goku was standing, "and I think that I’ll begin to like him too!"

 

 

 

Bulma was in her lab worried sick about her family who were all on Namek. When suddenly, both time machines appeared simultaneously in their places in the lab. She ran over to her son(s) first and made sure that they were both okay, after, they both ran to the kitchen. Next, she stomped over to Vegeta. "Did you kill Goku?" she asked in a very threatening tone.

"No," He replied sounding disappointed.

"Oh thank Kame!" she exclaimed in relief. "Well did you kill Freiza?" she asked suspiciously.

"No," He sounded even more disappointed.

"Then, what the fuck did you do there?" she asked almost mockingly.

Vegeta walked over to be closer to His mate, "I realized how much I love you."

She tried to fight the impending tears of joy, but could not. He had never said anything like that to her before, nothing straight out sincere, with no insults attached. She hugged him tightly. "Thank you," was the only thing she thought to say, "I love you too."

They stood there in the laboratory for a while in a tight embrace finally Vegeta spoke. "Do you remember what you said about Zarbon?"

"About whom?" she asked.

"The blue pretty boy on Namek," Vegeta replied without patience.

"No, why?" Bulma had no idea where this was going.

"Well woman," the saiyan began with irritation, "you were raving on and on about how you hoped that he noticed your pathetic self as you cowered behind baldy."

"Oh yeah," she replied looking into the distance as to recall the memory. "I remember him now, the one with the long, green hair."

"That’s the one," Vegeta said in disgust. "How could you have even noticed him, when I, such a good looking guy was right there?"

Bulma giggled, it was true. Her future obsession was right there indeed, but her eyes were on, ‘what was his name? Oh yes, Zarbon.’ "Because Vegeta," she began, "you were so," she paused looking for the word, "so, creepy!"

He laughed at that, "I still am," he said seductively as He picked her up and took her upstairs to their room.

 

The End

 

I hope that you all enjoyed reading my little story. I would also like to thank all of you who emailed their comments to me. If there are any more questions or comments I would be happy to answer them: mason_01@lycos.com thanks again.


Back to Fanfiction
Back to Main
Table of Contents
Back to Chapter 1