Note: This fic takes place after the Cell saga, hence, Goku is deceased; however, future Trunks often visits our familiar timeline. Throughout this story there will be two Vegetas, yes two. The first one we encounter will always be addressed with a first capital letter (i.e. Vegeta, Father, He, etc.) The second will be differentiated with a lower case first letter (i.e. vegeta, father, he, etc.) I hope this doesn’t confuse anyone. Enjoy!

Disclaimer: These hardly seem necessary anymore. I’m sure you are all aware that I don’t own any of the characters and don’t make any money off their names.

 

Changes Throughout Time
By: Mason

 

It was dark inside the Capsule Corporation household as Vegeta soundlessly opened the back door and crept inside from finishing his training session, he new it was about 2:30 AM but he could hear the television still on from where is was and decided to go look at who could be watching TV at this hour.

His feet were silent as he approached the sliding door to the den and quietly opened it revealing his sons. He almost always thought of the two as separate people, they were so different. "What are you two still doing up?" he asked in a gruff voice causing them both to jump with a start. "We are watching a talk show," replied the older Trunks. "Yeah Dad," chibi Trunks started excitedly, "this guy has been thinking this is his girlfriend, but ‘she’ is really a man!"

"Ha! What an idiot, and I thought Kakcarrott was stupid!"

"No look Dad, its difficult to tell by looks alone. See?" Trunks pointed to the TV.

"What the fuck?!" Vegeta’s mouth dropped at the sight.

"I’ll bet he could even fool you Dad," laughed chibi Trunks.

"Don’t be absurd. I could smell the difference, but why would any guy do such a thing?" he asked as he stared at the breast implants.

"A lot of men have done it," started Trunks, "they are called transvestites."

"That is just wrong. Trunks," Vegeta addressed the youngest boy after regaining his composure that he had lost being exposed to something so completely disgusting to him, "up to bed. I don’t want you to be a tired wuss during training tomorrow."

The young boy got up without any complaints, he knew better than to argue or try to push any subject with his Father, said goodnight, and walked up the stairs into his room.

"Dad?" Trunks started hesitantly, "will you train me tomorrow as well?"

Vegeta looked to his son irritated, but calmly replied "yes, we’ll spar at 7:00 AM"

"Then I should go to bed as well, goodnight."

Vegeta grunted a reply as he picked up the remote lying on the couch to turn off the 110 inch TV screen. He caught another glance at the ‘transvestite’ and cringed. ‘Ha, it looks like Freiza!’

Vegeta stopped dead in his tracks. Why hadn’t he thought of this before? He didn’t ever have his revenge on Freiza, his son had taken care of that, but he wanted Freiza dead by his own hands. Trunks had a time machine with him right now, he could easily go to a time where Freiza was still alive. Vengeance would be his after all. He only had to get the time machine that was most likely capsulated in Trunks’ jacket, which now was in his room. However, the thought occurred to him that although Trunks was not as powerful as he was, he would not be able to sneak up on the boy, Trunks was too sensitive to his ki. He would wait until morning when they sparred.

Vegeta stalked up to his room with a smirk on his features. He lay himself down softly next to Bulma. He looked over to her sleeping form, kissed her lightly on the cheek and feel asleep happily thinking of meeting Freiza again.

 

 

 

Beep, beep, beep. Trunks’ alarm clock awoke him. He looked over, the numbers read 6:31 AM. He got out of bed, brushed his teeth, put on his pants and jacket, and made his way down stairs for breakfast.

When he reached the kitchen, he saw his Father just outside on the back porch drinking coffee and his mother at the table reading the paper. She looked up, "well good morning," she said enthusiastically as she got up to get him his plate.

"Don’t get up, I’ll get my own plate," Trunks said as he gently guided her back to her chair. He then joined her at the table after picking up his breakfast and a large glass of juice.

"You know," Bulma started very matter-of-factly, "I am even more genius than I ever thought possible."

"How do you say," Trunks looked at her and smiled. He was accustomed to having very cocky parents.

"After studying how I made the time machine in the future from the plans you gave me, I just finished completing another one. A two seater this time." She ended with a smirk.

"Are you done eating yet boy?" came the very agitated voice from the doorway, "its seven o’clock and I’m tired of waiting."

Trunks nodded and followed his father out of the back door towards the gravity room, Bulma watched them leave from the window. "Be careful Trunks," she whispered mostly to herself.

Vegeta and Trunks immediately got started, both issuing punches and kicks back and forth as a quick, light, warm up. Eventually the match became more intense. The two saiyans were gradually giving more and more to beat the other. Vegeta felt his sons’ ki becoming aware of only the fight and saw his moment. Trunks came in with a deep punch. Vegeta moved slightly to the side, avoiding contact, and quickly reached into Trunks’ jacket pocket pulling out the capsule. It was so fast the younger saiyan had no idea that he was just pick-pocketed.

‘Yep,’ Vegeta smirked cockily to himself, ‘he is no match for my thievery skills.’

Little did Trunks, or anyone for that matter, know that Vegeta had mastered the art of pick pocketing. There was no reason for him to know the trade. However, he once saw some common soldier swipe something from Jeice in a bar one time without him even knowing. Vegeta was immediately intrigued and taught himself the skill.

"Trunks," Vegeta said bringing the match to a halt, "I am going to take a little break, in the mean time practice your left leg spinning kick, its slower than the right leg." With that, the older saiyan left the gravity room. ‘All I have to do now is decide on the time I want to meet Freiza in,’ he smirked to himself.

Trunks shrugged, his Father had certainly had never done this before, but he did as he was told and practiced his left leg spinning kick.

 

 

 

Chibi Trunks looked in the mirror as he splashed cold water on his face to help wake himself up. In between the cold intervals, he caught a glimpse of his Father outside, in the side yard of Capsule Corp. ‘What on Kami’s green earth is he doing now?’ Chibi Trunks thought to himself. As though he were answering his question, Vegeta decapsulized the time machine, jumped in, flared the engines to life, and was gone. The boy’s blue eyes widened, he flew downstairs to do the only thing he knew of. Tell his mom.

 

 

 

"What!!" screamed Bulma frantically.

"Its true Mom," started Chibi Trunks, "I saw the whole thing."

"Mom is there anyway that we can find out exactly where and what time he went to?" asked Trunks nervously.

Bulma thought to herself for a minute, "yes, there is!" she replied ecstatically, "I have programmed the second time machine to keep track of the first. His exact coordinates are already plugged into that machines data. Lets go down stairs and look where he has gone."

As the trio walked together down to the laboratory quarters they each hypothesized where he had gone, however, all of them agreed that he had gone back to planet vegeta. When they finally reached the second time machine, all were confused. "What happened in this time mom?" Trunks asked. "This is when we were all on planet namek," she said with a concerned sigh, "what did he want to go back to this time for?"

Both Trunks’ eyes widened. The older saiyan began to reason aloud; "He choose this time because both of his rivals are at the same place. Father prides himself with his efficiency, he’s planning to kill two birds with one stone."

"Trunks," Bulma grabbed her older son’s shoulders seriously, "we have to go stop him. We cannot let him get to Goku."

"I agree," he then looked straight into her eyes, "but you are not coming with me."

"Like hell I’m not. This machine is a two seater for a reason, so that I can go."

"Mom," Trunks started as to distract her, "how did Father even know how to input the coordinates?"

She stopped to think for a moment, focusing her gaze upward. "Hmm, I conundrum."

Trunks took her off guarded moment to motion his younger counterpart into the passenger seat. Chibi Trunks quickly slipped in and buckled up.

"If there is one thing I know about your Father its that he is very resourceful, he can figure just about anything out on his own if need be. Once…" her voice trailed off as she saw the two Trunks’ blurring out of vision. Then they were gone. "Damn!"

 

 

 

"Wow! That was so weird!" Chibi Trunks exclaimed to his older counterpart.

"I know, as many times as I do that, I can never get use to it. The computer says we have arrived at the desired destination, and this certainly looks like what I’ve heard Namek to be like."

The two saiyans looked up to the green sky, "It seems near deserted here," the older saiyan started, "I suppose we better find Dad now."

 

 

 

‘Well this certainly brings back a few memories,’ Vegeta thought with a satisfied smirk gracing his face, ‘except this time, I’m holding all of the cards.’ The saiyan capsulated his time machine and looked around. ‘Its time to find out exactly who is going to be playing my game right now.’ He reached out with his senses, ‘Freizas’ over there, his time will come later, not until Kakcarrott gets here though. Those pussies Zarbon and Dodoria are with him. What’s this? Kuwi is still alive and kicking, it looks as though I’ll get to see his end—again.’ Vegeta took to the sky towards Kuwi’s ki signature. He suppressed his own ki as far as he could while flying; he didn’t care if he was picked up on the scouters, but he also didn’t want Freiza to have any idea of his power.

Shortly after, Vegeta touched down right in time to see Kuwi’s last moments. ‘That was better than how I remember it,’ he said to himself as he looked on toward his counterpart licking his lips.

"…If I cross your new dimension," vegeta expressed with satisfaction. Just then, his scouter sounded, a huge power was right behind him. He turned to look knowing that it could not possibly be Freiza. The sight made his jaw drop. "Who the fuck are you?"

"Ha!" Vegeta laughed at the youthful saiyan’s audacity. "Not that it’s any of your business, but I am Vegeta."

"As the saiyan prince," vegeta replied with a smirk, "it becomes my business if I wish it to be."

Vegeta began laughing. "Get over yourself, you are a weakling, only I am the saiyan prince."

"Are you saying that you are me?" a confused vegeta prodded.

"No," Vegeta was taken aback, "I am far superior to your worthless self. You are not even worthy of the name ‘vegeta’."

"I don’t think you know who you are messing with, so let me show you," vegeta replied with a smirk while making a fighting stance.

"Cut the crap shorty," Vegeta snapped with his arms across his chest, "I have no intention of taking my past self out of the picture, but don’t test my patience or I’ll make you regret it."

vegeta gasped, ‘my future self.’ "Unbelievable!"

"Well my prince," Vegeta said sarcastically, "you look like someone just stepped over your grave."

"I demand to know the reason of your coming here," a more gathered vegeta spat.

"If you know what’s good for you, you’ll never demand anything from me again."

The more youthful vegeta was clearly flustered but challenged the ‘stranger’ further. "Although you are very good looking, and even have great hair, I don’t think you are who you claim to be," he said smirking.

Vegeta smirked back. "You know, I don’t like your attitude, and I don’t care what your worthless opinion about me is, but I’m willing to let you ask me one question that will prove to you my identity."

‘I’ve got him now,’ vegeta thought, ‘there is no way this asshole will know the answer.’ he asked in the native saiyan language, "iImtikla;nnmgwqkristen/"

Vegeta laughed out loud, "I can’t believe that you asked that!" he began to reply back in the saiyan language, "}05#TQ7&**'mc…" but was cut short.

"Enough," interrupted vegeta, "I believe you."

"I couldn’t care less, besides you’ll get what’s coming to you from Zarbon soon enough, then maybe I wont have to hear you running your mouth."

"Don’t make me laugh," vegeta retorted but quickly stopped, "did you feel that?" he asked with a startled gasp.

"Of course I did, I’m superior to you," vegeta replied unconcerned with the new power level approaching.

"My scouter says there are two," vegeta stated with his index finger on the scouter, "it can’t possibly be Zarbon or Dodoria. Who could it be?"

Vegeta smirked at him, "its your son."

"That’s impossible," vegeta yelled at him, "there are no female saiyans left, I would not have chosen a mate."

Vegeta was laughing aloud when Trunks and Chibi Trunks touched down. Trunks looked at his Father with a confused expression and quickly noticed, his father standing right by him!! Chibi Trunks went numb, ‘what misfortune did Kame bestow on me to have two of him?’ he thought to himself.

vegeta walked up to Trunks and eyed him over, walking in a circle around him slowly. Trunks was feeling very uncomfortable. vegeta then stopped right in front of him, looked into his eyes, and said, "this is not my son, Vegeta, and you will pay for trying to pull that little trick."

"No dad," Trunks started hesitantly, "I am your son."

Somehow, vegeta knew it was true, he could almost feel his blood in the boy. However, he was so surprised he could not bring himself to accept it. "Don’t be a fool boy," vegeta started in a very harsh tone, "you cannot be my son. You don’t even look like a saiyan, no saiyan has pink hair and blue eyes. Besides that, you are too old. I would have already had to have mated to have a son as old as you in that asshole’s time," vegeta concluded nodding his head in Vegeta’s direction.

"I am from further into the future," Trunks countered, "that, is Vegeta’s son in his own time," Trunks pointed to Chibi Trunks.

vegeta stalked over to the younger Trunks who was standing tall and proud. "Tell me the truth boy, now!"

Chibi Trunks smiled and said, "I love you daddy."

vegeta jumped at the sound of those words and was in Vegeta’s face, who was laughing hysterically, in an instant. "What the fuck is this! What kind of prank are you trying to pull?"

Vegeta grabbed vegeta by the clothing around his neck and brought him even closer. "No prank, you stupid shit." He gave him the look that meant all seriousness, vegeta recognized the expression and gave in. He met Vegeta’s eyes with equal intensity, "who is the mother?"

"Don’t tell Father," Trunks yelled at him, "you may not get together if he knows."

"I may not be born!" Chibi Trunks screamed.

"Good," Vegeta said with a smile, "I’ll warn him now, so that he does not make the same mistake," he said giving the eye to both of his sons, then directing his gaze back to vegeta. "You don’t know her yet, but you’ll see her for the first time soon enough. She’s on this planet."

vegeta then grabbed Vegeta’s collar, "I know I didn’t mate with no fucking namek."

Both Trunks’ laughed, there were no female nameks, but Vegeta’s expression turned stony, "don’t be such an idiot, people from earth have already arrived, and she is one of them."

vegeta’s eyes narrowed, "don’t you dare tell me that I mate with a human!"

"I’m growing bored with your second guessing me," Vegeta began, "my sons and I have matters to attend to. After you receive your beating by Zarbon, and have the dragon balls, perhaps you’ll have the pleasure of seeing me again."

"Ha," vegeta laughed, "obviously I am stronger than you were at this time, I will defeat Zarbon with ease."

Vegeta smirked, "we’ll see." He looked towards his sons, "Trunks, lets go." In a flash, the three saiyans took off.

‘Good riddance,’ vegeta thought, ‘I suppose I should forget about them for the time being and gather the dragon balls.’ With that, vegeta took to the sky in the opposite direction.

 

 

 

"Where are we going Dad?" Chibi Trunks asked cautiously.

"We are going to find somewhere to rest for a while, I came back too far into the past," was the reply.

"Maybe not," Trunks started, "remember that sometimes the past does not occur exactly as it did before, there maybe some differences in time."

"I suppose its possible, in any case Kakcarrott is not here yet, therefore it is not yet time for me to commence with my plan."

"Dad," Trunks began in a serious tone, "you cannot kill Goku."

"I don’t remember asking your permission," Vegeta said gruffly.

"We wont let you do it Father," Trunks said back in anger.

"There is nothing either of you can do to stop me," he replied with a smirk.

Trunks knew it was true. Even with his younger version with him, the two were no match for their Father. He would have to convince his Father not to carry though with it; ‘but how?’ he thought to himself.

"Father, messing with time is dangerous. Don’t you understand repercussion?"

"I understand that I hate that bastard Kakcarrott," Vegeta said speeding up, ending the conversation.

 

 

Krillen sat inside the capsule house contemplating the group’s next move while Gohan, Bulma, and Dende conversed about life on Namek. Suddenly, Krillen felt a few massive powers. "Gohan, did you feel that?"

"I sure did," the boy answered, "who could it be?"

"Its probably Goku," Bulma answered confidently, "He must have arrived earlier than expected."

Krillen pondered the idea, "no, I don’t think its him."

"You’re right Krillen," added Gohan, "that is not my dad."

"Then who is it guys?" Bulma asked obviously scared.

"You’re not going to like this Bulma," Krillen started, "but I think one of the powers-although something is different about it-is vegeta."

"Something is certainly different, but that is vegeta. How could he have gotten so much more powerful?" Gohan asked.

"I don’t have a clue. Any idea who the other two powers are?"

"No," answered Gohan, "I have never felt that ki before. It feels like the same ki in two different bodies."

"This is going to get rough," Krillen said with a sigh, "and we still do not have any of the dragon balls."

"I can get you a dragon ball," Dende interrupted, "Guru will probably give his to you."

"Wow! Really?" Krillen asked enthused, "Gohan, you stay here with Bulma, and I will be back soon enough." Gohan nodded his response as Krillen followed Dende outside of the cave and took off together.

‘Get here soon Goku,’ Bulma pleaded silently.

 

 

 

 

"…but you cant go, not yet," vegeta said with a smirk.

"Why not?" Dodoria asked in fear.

"Because there is something I have to tell you," vegeta said sadistically while powering up. "I lied when I said you could go, at least partially lied, for I will let you go to another dimension." The blast hit Dodoria, incinerating him instantly.

‘So, that asshole was right,’ vegeta thought to himself, ‘there are earthlings here. I’ll have to deal with those maggots later, right now I have to get the dragon balls and wish for immortality, then I will be unstoppable!" vegeta exclaimed as he blasted into the sky.

 

 

 

"Master Freiza," Zarbon began, "Dodoria has not yet returned."

"I’m not waiting for him any longer," snapped Freiza, "only two dragon balls remain out there, and I want them. Zarbon, I’m leaving you in charge to find those missing. When you do, bring them back to the space ship so that I may make my wish."

"As you command, Freiza." Zarbon bowed and took to the sky.

 

 

 

"Dad?" Chibi Trunks questioned, "why did you choose to take a break here, we are in the middle of nowhere!"

"This whole planet is ‘the middle of nowhere,’ but I picked this spot so that I could see that asshole get the beating he deserves." Vegeta spat. "It looks as though the shows about to begin," he smiled.

Chibi Trunks and his older counterpart looked up with confused expressions. ‘What could he be talking about?’ thought Trunks. As though his question was being answered, he saw vegeta and Zarbon gather themselves into fighting stances obviously oblivious to their presence.

"either put up, or shut up," challenged vegeta, and it was on.

Trunks watched the battle go back and forth. He couldn’t help but admire his father. Here vegeta was on this planet, alone, unlike all of the other groups here. Freiza had many men with him, and Gohan and Krillen had each other. vegeta was here alone, with only himself to depend on. His father truly was impressive. He looked to his Father who had a huge smirk on his face while watching vegeta receive a beating. ‘Sick, but impressive,’ he thought with a smile on his face.

"It looks like you are going to win Dad." Chibi Trunks stated happily.

"Just keep watching," Vegeta smirked, "his time will be up soon."

"Dad," the little boy looked to him flustered, "that is you!"

"Bull shit," an irritated Vegeta snapped, "he’s a condescending, arrogant bastard," the two Trunks’ nudged each other in recognition of the irony, "who needs a lesson; and it looks like he’s about to get it now," Vegeta continued.

"…Well, right now, you only see the beauty," Zarbon ended with a smile.

"Beauty huh?" vegeta smirked, "I’d say you could use a makeover."

"Hey, you’ve had some good comeback lines on Namek Dad," Chibi Trunks said with a proud smile. Vegeta let out a light chuckle.

Suddenly, the pretty boy Zarbon transformed into his usually hidden, ugly self and charged at vegeta. The two half saiyans watched in horror as the blue monster over powered their father.

"Should we help Dad?" Trunks asked his Father who was obviously enjoying himself.

"No," Vegeta lashed out.

"But Dad, its you!" Chibi Trunks pushed. "I’m helping him," the young boy said as he started to fly.

Vegeta caught his wrist and pulled him down and met with his son’s eyes, "you will do nothing unless I say so. Got it?"

"Yes sir!" a scared Chibi Trunks replied.

The three looked on as vegeta got his ass kicked, and soon it was over. Zarbon picked up vegeta by the ankle and took off towards Freiza’s space ship.

"Why didn’t you let us help him?" Chibi Trunks interrogated.

"I didn’t like his attitude," Vegeta answered, his sons rolled their eyes, "besides, he’ll be healed anyway, and get the dragon balls."

 

 

 

"Wow Dende," Krillen exclaimed, "I sure am glad that Guru gave us this dragon ball."

"Me too!," said Dende as the two flew back towards the cave.

 

 

 

"Hey Bulma," Gohan began, "I think I’m going to get that dragon ball that has come up on radar."

"Okay, but be careful Gohan." Bulma said as she waved to the disappearing boy.

 

 

 

"What a major league arm I’ve got," a proud vegeta commented while acknowledging his newly acquired dragon balls. Just then Vegeta, Trunks and Chibi Trunks touched down right next to him, "you again?" he questioned in a very irritated tone.

"Nice fight with Zarbon," Vegeta stated sarcastically, "I told you it would happen."

"Fine," a pissed off vegeta began, "you were right, you psychic fuck!"

‘I’ll be glad when Kakcarrott’s brat screws you over by taking the underwater dragon ball,’ Vegeta thought to himself with a scowl that turned into a creepy smile.

All four saiyans suddenly felt a ki signature and looked to the sky. "It’s the earthling, Krillen," vegeta said as he saw the bald friend of Goku flying with a dragon ball while being accompanied by the young namek. "And Zarbon is already on his tail, I’m going after them," vegeta stated. The four took off behind Krillen and Zarbon undetected after vegeta hid the dragon balls.

 

 

 

"Listen Father," Trunks began as he and Vegeta flew behind their younger counterparts. "You have told dad too much, stop giving him so much information, it is dangerous."

"No you listen boy," Vegeta glared at his older son, "don’t ever give me orders, I decide how things play out here."

"This is not a game Father, its serious, and you should be too."

"I am serious," his tone had become a bit more agreeable, only to change, "I am serious about beating the shit out of Kakcarrott when he gets here."

The two continued to argue while, just ahead of them vegeta and Chibi Trunks were having a conversation of their own.

"How much do you know about the events on Namek?" vegeta asked the young saiyan.

"I’ve been told a few of the stories," a confused Chibi Trunks replied.

"That ass gave me a look, one that I know all too well. A look that says I’m about to get screwed in a big way. Do you know about any occurrence that could really piss me off, that may happen soon?"

"I’m not suppose to say," the boy answered hesitantly.

vegeta got closer to him and began speaking in a horrifyingly, quiet, calm voice. "If you know anything, you will say. Obey me or regret it."

The young saiyan knew that his father in this time was no match for him, but that voice was more than he could bear. It was spine tingling, there was no way he could resist the power it had. "One time," Chibi Trunks began, "Mom told me how she managed to keep a wish from being made."

"Go on," vegeta urged.

"She said that you left to go find a dragon ball that you had hidden underwater after you beat Zarbon, but that Gohan had left to go get it first. When you returned to where they were previously hiding, they were gone, so you were never able to gather all of the dragon balls."

‘I cant believe that he wasn’t going to tell me,’ thought vegeta. "Remember this kid if nothing else: your Father is a prick!"

"Why cant either of you understand the concept of ‘same’?" questioned Chibi Trunks. "You are the same person! Even at my age, I can look behind us right now, see Trunks, and recognize that he is the same person I am!"

"Congratulations," vegeta said sarcastically, "you’re a prick too," he finished as he sped up to get away from the young saiyan.

"Yeah well, you’re a prick too," Chibi Trunks retorted, but only when his father was out of earshot. ‘Maybe they aren’t the same after all,’ he thought.

 

 

 

Finally, Krillen arrived at the cave where Bulma was waiting for him. Very shortly followed by Zarbon, and almost immediately afterward, vegeta. Vegeta, Chibi Trunks, and Trunks landed just out of the other’s view, on top of a short plateau where they could still see all of the action.

"Why me?" Krillen asked himself aloud.

"I’ll get that dragon ball from you in a moment baldy, but until then, I hope you’re prepared for the worst you blue freak," vegeta hissed as he addressed Zarbon.

"Oh Krillen," Bulma blushed, "who is that? Do you think he has noticed me?" She continued to rave about the blue warrior and finally asked him, "do you know that green is my favorite color?"

‘I’m reminding her that she said that," Vegeta smiled to himself.

vegeta made quick work of Zarbon, even after he had transformed. Vegeta took pleasure in seeing Zarbon’s end, for the second time. Trunks looked over to his smiling Father and was disgusted, "you are so twisted Father."

"You are just too big of a pansy to appreciate a good fight," he retorted with irritation.

The two saiyans continued to argue back and forth while Chibi Trunks looked down upon the action. "Hey look, dads’ going over to mom," the boy interrupted.

"he’s not suppose to be doing that, he’s suppose to take the ball from baldy and leave!"

"Then why isn’t he?" asked Trunks very seriously.

"Oopps," Chibi Trunks covered his mouth.

"What does ‘oopps’ mean?" demanded Vegeta.

"I told him about Gohan already having the dragon ball."

"Why would you do something like that?" Vegeta pried as he grabbed his young son.

"he asked, and you told me always to obey you, so I did."

"Yes, obey, but obey me!! Not that jerk off!"

"It’s the voice, I can’t resist it!" Chibi Trunks cringed hoping his Father would let go.

"Well now you’re going to hear much more of it!" Vegeta pushed him away.

"I understand," Trunks began to the younger boy, "you were a goner, there was no way out of that one."

vegeta stalked over towards Bulma, looking at her from head to toe as she clung to Krillen in fear. ‘She is quite stunning,’ he thought while smirking. he stopped in front of her, their faces very close. She was trembling and he fed off her fear. "So you’re the one," he stated.

"I…I’m warning you vegeta," stuttered Krillen, "don’t come near her."

vegeta ignored the comment and began circling Bulma, inspecting every inch of her trembling frame.

"What if he hurts her Dad," a concerned Chibi Trunks asked.

"He wont," said Trunks trying to hide his worry. Vegeta did not look concerned.

"Th…This i…is your last warning vegeta," Krillen failed his attempt at sounding confident, "d…don’t come ne…"

"Good," interrupted vegeta, "then you wont have to ‘warn’ me again. You sound pathetic."

vegeta leaned in closer to Bulma who stepped back in fear. he could almost feel her essence, everything about her. The fiery spirit contained in that beautiful figure, the numerous complexities manifested in those sparkling eyes. Yes, she would pose a welcomed challenge to become tamed. he smirked, and backed away.

Vegeta was smirking himself at this sight. He hadn’t seen the woman cower like this for a long time. ‘Too bad, that poor boy is hooked now. He can never go back.’

Trunks looked over to see that crooked smile on his Father’s face. "You are twisted Dad, look how cruel you are being down there and You are doing nothing to stop it but smiling at mom who is probably scared to death."

"Calm down boy, nothing is going to happen to her," Vegeta said with ease.

Without any warning, the Ginyu force touched down behind vegeta. Krillen and Bulma screamed in fright, vegeta turned and gave the five members a deadly glare.

"Hi vegeta," laughed Captain Ginyu, "we have come to gather you and the dragon balls."

"I’ll never surrender to you circus freaks without a fight."

Trunks looked down at his father again with admiration. ‘Even under impossible odds, he still is bad-ass.’

"Who gets vegeta?" asked a cocky Recoome.

"I don’t know, do that rock-paper-scissors thing to decide," replied Ginyu.

Guldo, Recoome, Jeice, and Burter all began chanting, "rock-paper-scissors, rock-paper-scissors, rock-paper-scissors."

Chibi Trunks looked up to his Father whose teeth were gritted in anger, "I cant live through this again, it never ends!"

Without warning, Vegeta snapped. Hearing that chant again drove him to some kind of relapse from the past. In a crazed frenzy, He jumped from their hiding place, flared up to super saiyan, and massacred the entire Ginyu force effortlessly. There was nothing remaining of the five members.

"Don’t ever interfere with my fights again," yelled vegeta to Vegeta, "they were mine."

Vegeta was still gritting his teeth as he powered down to his normal state, "I do what I want, and I wanted to avoid hearing that horrible chant."

vegeta was thankful that Vegeta did take care of the Ginyu force. He doubted that he could have. "Next time stay out of my way!" he said angrily.

"Don’t ever tell me what to do!"

The two continued arguing as a very confused and horrified Krillen looked on. Bulma was still grasping on to him. The two pissed off saiyans were interrupted when Gohan landed holding the dragon ball.

"Thanks for delivering brat," said vegeta with a smirk, "here’s your tip: never trick a trickster." he ended laughing as he plucked the ball from Gohan’s arms.

Vegeta glared at Chibi Trunks who had come out of hiding, as well as his older self, when He went berserk.

vegeta walked the short distance to where the five remaining dragon balls were located and brought them back to the group.

 

"You will not be making any wish," stated Vegeta with confidence.

"Bull shit," vegeta shot back, "now is my time to become immortal. Your life will be the first I take to celebrate." he said looking at Vegeta as he stole the last dragon ball from Krillen’s grasp.

Vegeta knew that vegeta could not make any wish without the small Namek’s help, however, he decided to have some fun with the situation. "Trunks," he called both boys, "make certain this asshole does not have an opportunity to make a wish."

Both boys stood between the collection of dragon balls and their father. vegeta smirked, "having your brats stand in for you isn’t going to stop me," he replied while throwing a punch at Trunks who easily caught it.

"I’m sorry dad," he said softly, "but I can’t let you do it."

"You can’t stop me," vegeta said angrily, "and don’t call me ‘dad!’"

Vegeta laughed out loud, "Being punked by your own son must be embarrassing."

‘he’s not the only one,’ Trunks thought to himself as his father withdrew his punch and stalked over to his Father.

The two pureblooded saiyans began to argue over vegeta’s ‘poor technique,’ when Gohan, Krillen, and a shaky Bulma cautiously approached the two purple haired boys.

Gohan spoke first, "would you mind if I asked who you are?" he questioned sincerely.

Chibi Trunks looked up to his older self for the answer. Trunks returned the expression back down to him and sighed. "Father has already told too much, they will know anyway, we may as well." Chibi Trunks nodded in agreement.

"Will you first tell us why there are two Vegetas'," Krillen asked hesitantly.

"Well," Trunks began with a deep breath, "it’s a long story, but I’ll give it a try. That Vegeta," he said while pointing to his Father, "is from the future. He came here to," Trunks stopped himself for a second in hesitation, "to attend some business."

Gohan accepted the arbitrary answer, "Then who are you?" he asked innocently.

Chibi Trunks interrupted, "I am from the same time as Vegeta, I am his son," he finished proudly.

"And, I," Trunks began, "I am the same person as this guy, from even further in the future," he said trying not to confuse his audience, "making me Vegeta’s son as well."

"Wow," said Krillen very surprised, "I never even thought of vegeta having a son. Who could have possibly had a kid with him?"

Chibi Trunks and Trunks exchanged glances and at the same time pointed to Bulma.

"What!!" exclaimed Bulma, "why are you pointing at me!!"

"You are our mother," Trunks said trying to lay the truth easily.

"No, no, I’m not. You must be mistaken." She walked up to the younger boy and looked at him. The resemblance was unmistakable, he was the perfect mix of her and that monster. "Tell me the truth," she urged the child.

"I love you mommy!" the boy exclaimed. Bulma fainted, Trunks caught her.

Vegeta looked over to the group from his argument with vegeta, "what did you do to her boy?" He demanded.

"I told her about us," Trunks admitted.

"Damn! Hey baldy, go set up the capsule house." Vegeta commanded Krillen.

Krillen did as he was told. Although he acknowledged how weird this Vegeta was, He was slightly more agreeable. "Okay!"

 

 

 

Trunks laid his mother down on the bed inside the capsule house as Vegeta looked through her stuff to find more capsule houses. He handed one to Trunks, "you and Trunks rest in here. I’ll set up near you in my own," He said as He grabbed a capsule for Himself.

Vegeta walked out of the house, still inside of the cave and set up. Trunks set up his and his counterparts houses in the cave as well. The walls of earth allowed just enough room for all three capsule houses to be set up. The boys gathered and brought the dragon balls in their house for safekeeping.

"Vegeta?" began the younger vegeta, "is that what a super saiyan looks like?"

Vegeta then remembered this time in his life. How He was striving for the goal. He smirked and nodded for vegeta to come into his house. They both sat at a table in a surprisingly calm manner.

"Yes," began Vegeta proudly, "what you saw was a super saiyan."

"I knew I would attain it!" vegeta proclaimed while making a fist. Suddenly his expression changed to one of concern, "does Kakcarrott attain it too?"

Vegeta gritted his teeth, "Yes. In my time he became one here."

 

 

 

Krillen, Gohan, and Chibi Trunks sat inside of the capsule house that Trunks had set up. The young super saiyan was answering some of their questions about the future. Before he started, Chibi Trunks warned that it was dangerous to tell them too much, and they accepted that they would be told very little, however, the little bit of information made for great conversation.

Trunks understood that Goku was due to arrive tomorrow, he went to go tell his Father when he saw vegeta yelling at Him. "You bastard," vegeta screamed, "Kakcarrott is mine. Do not interfere!"

"You piss-ant weakling, don’t ever order me to do anything!"

Trunks watched vegeta stomp out of the capsule house to just outside of the cave. He stepped in right after the door had slammed.

"Dad?" he began cautiously, "Goku is arriving tomorrow, and just so you know now, I will do whatever it takes to protect him from You." He ended more confidently.

"We’ll see how events play," Vegeta said with a smirk.

Trunks sat down at the table where vegeta had been sitting previously, "changing things that drastically will endanger the future!"

Vegeta was about to retort when he felt something. It was unbelievable, he had never expected to feel something like this, but he knew what it was instantly. Every time he was around Bulma, and in the mood, his own ki changed ever so slightly. He doubted that anyone could ever feel the difference, but he knew it all too well. "That bastard!"

 

 

 

Bulma had returned to consciousness. As disturbing as it was to see her son(s), she had begun to accept the truth, however, she was uncomfortable of the thought of her and vegeta together. ‘How?’ she asked herself, ‘how could I ever be with him intimately?’ She continued to consider this question as she turned on the water for her bath. She put in some bubbles and stepped inside the warm water. She let the liquid and sweet smell of the suds envelop her senses as she sunk further into the tub.

As she continued to ponder her new situation vegeta stepped into the bathroom without any hesitation. She screeched and he was by her in a second with his gloved hand over her mouth from behind, muffling the sound. He whispered into her ear in the most seductive voice she had ever experienced. "You are a beauty." He tilted her chin upwards with his small finger on the hand that was still covering her mouth and traced her collarbone with his other hand.

She was horrified but so intrigued at the same time. She was on the breach of fainting again, her eyes fluttered. vegeta turned her gaze to him slowly, "we mustn’t have that again," he said with an intense focus in her eyes.

 

 

"What?!" Trunks asked in panic.

"That bastard is with MY mate!" Vegeta yelled as he got up from his chair.

Trunks smiled, "Don’t tell me you’re jealous."

"No one touches my mate!" Vegeta concluded as he dashed for the door.

"For the last fucking time," Trunks said with irritation, "he is you!"

Vegeta was inside the capsule house that Trunks left Bulma in within a second. He heard noises in the bathroom and burst through the door. His suspicions were confirmed. That asshole was trying to get up on his mate.

"What in Kame’s name do you think you are doing?" An outraged Vegeta demanded.

"Deciding if I want to keep her!" vegeta answered irritated.

"She’s not yours to decide that upon!" Vegeta yelled back.

"You said this is the one I mate with," vegeta retorted even louder.

"you wont be mating with her while I’m around!"

vegeta was pissed but decided that Vegeta was right. he would not have the chance to explore the blue haired beauty any further. vegeta started to exit while his counterpart covered up the bathing Bulma. ‘How typical,’ he thought to himself, ‘that jerk only wants to get laid.’ he decided that since there was no way of beating him now, he would embarrass his older version. "I hear He’s impotent," vegeta said to Bulma, "you know, He can’t get it up." With that, he left, quickly.

Vegeta’s mouth was wide open, "H…How dare he!! I will make him regret ever saying that!!"

Just as He was about to rip the audacious vegeta to bits, He looked down at his young mate. She was mortified and obviously felt completely violated. He actually felt bad for her as she hugged her knees close to her blushing cheeks. Vegeta found a towel laid out near the tub and handed it to her remembering that she would not be at all comfortable around Him.

"Here woman," He handed her the towel.

She started to weep softly as she took the towel, "thank you," she said softly.

It broke His heart to see her like this. She was completely defeated and overwhelmed by the days events, He recalled her situation. ‘She’s not even on her own planet when she discovers that in the future she will be coupled with one of her most feared adversaries. Not only that, but also have a child with me.’ He wanted to hold her, to tell her it would all be okay, however, He remembered, she still saw him as the enemy.

He knew there was nothing else He could do for her now, the best thing was to leave her alone. He did just that, ‘I swear I’ll rip him a new asshole,’ Vegeta swore to Himself as He left Bulma alone in the bathroom.

 

 

 

"Mom?" Trunks called from outside of Bulma’s capsule house concerned.

She almost didn’t answer because she was not at all accustomed to being addressed as ‘mom.’ "Yes, Trunks," was the weak response.

Trunks cautiously stepped in the doorway and saw her. She looked so sad and almost pathetic sitting on the corner of a bed. "Are you alright?"

She smiled to reassure him, it didn’t work. "I’m okay."

Trunks sat right by her. He had forgotten that she was not use to the idea of having a son. "What is wrong mom?"

Bulma could tell immediately that she liked this young gentleman. She looked into his eyes. Although they had her coloring, they were exactly like Vegeta’s when He handed her the towel, utterly sincere. "I…I don’t really know."

"I know what it is," said Trunks softly, "you are unsure of father."

Again, she had to come to terms that this beautiful young man was the product of her and vegeta! "Yes," she replied.

"Don’t worry about that mom," Trunks said with a confident smile, "the two of you eventually become a great couple. In the younger Trunks’ time, you and Vegeta have a wonderful relationship. Although it’s a mystery to all of those you know, the mutual care is obvious."

"Really?" she exclaimed with hope. "What about in your time?"

Trunks’ happy expression faded into one of sorrow, "in my time Vegeta is dead."

Bulma could tell this was not a good subject to continue with, however, she did take note that the boy was truly distressed about not having Him around. Perhaps He was a better father than she would have guessed. Trunks’ comforting expression returned, "both of you will find your way to one another. I can’t explain your relationship in the future, it’s a private engagement."

Bulma became a bit more hopeful of the situation and smiled at her future son. "Thank you," she said with a smile.

 

 

 

Vegeta found vegeta just outside of the cave. He gave him a deathly glare. "If you ever pull shit like that again, it will be the last time." He warned.

The younger saiyan glared back, "let me make my wish," he demanded.

"Ha," Vegeta laughed at the request, "I’ve already told you, that wish will not be made."

"Why not?" vegeta retorted, "this was the goal, the whole reason in coming to this shit-hole planet in the first place. Not to mention going to earth."

Vegeta considered this for a moment, he was right. The desire for immortality had landed him on earth, the beginning of this new existence. Searching for the dragon balls had not granted him immortality but instead a family. If he had not died on Namek, His life would have been so different. Conceivably, He would have never returned to earth, hence, He would not have ended up with Bulma; He would be without his son. Vegeta cringed at the thought of not having them with Him.

He looked to the younger saiyan. ‘What was the difference between them,’ He considered, ‘why was this vegeta so different from Himself?’ The answer occurred to Him. Suddenly He was able to sympathize with vegeta. he was Him before, love. That enigma called ‘love’ had wizened Him up. He realized that if He had become immortal, none of these events would have played out. He would never experience what He had with Bulma and with Trunks. However, vegeta would not understand this reasoning. Perhaps that was why He was so mad at him for being with Bulma. He didn’t want her exposed to a loveless version of Himself.

After the realization Vegeta gathered Himself, "because," He began with a smirk, "I want to keep the option of killing you if you become too much of a nuisance."

 

* * * * *

 

I would like to quickly thank the people who had written me a response to my other fic ‘Interview with the Prince.’ I responded to all of the emails I received, however, I am not entirely sure that my replies were sent out. If you did not receive a response, I am very sorry. Thank you for the encouraging words.

In addition, I would like any feedback that you have on this fic. I was concerned that it was hard to identify the two Vegetas throughout the story. If you have any questions or comments, please email me. I will respond to any email that I receive. mason_01@lycos.com I look forward to hearing your thoughts.

 


Table of Contents
Chapter 2