~x~x~

Disclaimer: I in no way own the Dragonball Z characters in this fanfic. The only thing I own are my own characters and the idea and title for this fanfic.

::Hey all! Wow! It’s chapter 19! ^-^ We’ve come a long way! Through the initial breakup, the coming together of Bulma and Vegeta, the plot to pull them apart, and now… they’re getting ready for the prom! *sniffle * My babies have grown so much!

Anyways! No need to get all sad… I may do a sequel! LOL, wouldn’t that be crazy? I won't tell you what’ll be in this chapter; you’ll just have to read to find out!::

Princess**

~x~x~

 

19

 

Rae sighed as she looked out the window.

‘Another boringly happy and sunny day in West Capital City.’ She thought.

From where she stood she could see the Capsule Corp Compound and its rich surrounding neighborhoods.

She clutched the windowsill in anger.

She was pretty wealthy herself, but she thought the Briefs did not deserve their wealth.

‘If I had all she had, I wouldn’t have a care in the world…’ Rae thought.

She ran a hand through her hair and winced as a sharp pain went through her shoulder.

She smirked.

‘That girl can really punch when she’s angry.’ Rae thought.

Her smirk faded as she heard a sound behind her.

"What are you doing?" he asked.

"Nothing, Yamucha." She said as she turned pulling the sheet tighter around her body.

He sat up in bed and looked around.

"Really? Nothing? Why do you look so sad?" he asked with a grin. "Anything I can do to make you feel better."

Rae smiled.

"No… I’m not sad. I was just thinking about the prom on Friday night." She said slowly.

"Yeah?" he asked as he yawned. "What about it?"

She frowned.

"Yamucha! You promised to take me!" Rae said.

"Oh… well, in that case I’ll have to cancel my other dates!" he said.

She stared at him in shock.

"Kidding… if I promised to take you, I guess I will." He said as he shrugged.

"Good. I don’t want to have to go all by myself and have to deal with those stupid goody-goodies." She said with disgust.

Yamucha’s face darkened.

"I know what you mean." he muttered.

"But, let’s not think about it, we still have 25 minutes before I have to go to work, what say we find something to do ‘til then?" he asked as he caressed her shoulder.

Rae smiled, but then suddenly thought of all the names she had been called and she wasn’t surprised why.

She had an aching feeling that Yamucha was using her body.

"Um… you know what I really don’t have the time baby. They gave us a day off for a reason. I’ve got shopping to do, and then work at 12." She lied.

His flirtatious expression faltered.

"What? Oh come on! It’ll only take five minutes, ten tops." He whined.

"Sorry Ya-chan, I got to go." She said.

"Oh, all right, see you later." He muttered and then smiled at her.

She grinned.

"Ok! I promise to give you a treat later!" she said as she winked, and then blew him a kiss.

‘He isn’t using me! He didn’t even get mad when I refused him. He must really love me!’ Rae thought happily. (AN: yeah right!!)

She opened the door and walked over to the bathroom across the hall to get dressed.

As the door closed behind her, Yamucha’s amiable expression faded.

"Bitch." He said as he leaned back in the bed.

"I’ll have you later anyway, but in the meantime I’d better call Clara to take your place."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~**~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Chichi grinned as the brisk air whipped around her face.

Bulma was a fast driver but nothing compared to Juunana-gou.

18 was in the front seat next to her brother, and she and Bulma were in the back.

They were driving across town to the malls over there because they needed to buy their prom dresses.

"This was a great idea, 18!" Bulma yelled over the fast moving air.

"Yeah, I know!" 18 yelled back.

"Having my brother come with us to buy our prom dresses so he could give a manly opinion was genius of me, wasn’t it?" she asked as she turned around to grin at her friends.

Chichi and Bulma giggled as 18’s shoulder length blond hair whipped about her face.

"Oooh!" 18 groaned as she tucked some of the flailing strands behind her ear.

"17, can’t you put the top up? This is torture for my hair!" she whined.

"Hey, I think I’m being malleable enough! First, I’m up at nine on a day-off to take my sister and her annoying little friends halfway across town to shop! And I’m being forced to sit around and tell you wenches what I think of your stupid dresses and let myself look gay as hell in a girl’s dress store!" he growled as he glanced over his shoulder to glare at them.

"Hey! You know that there will be lots of hott girls there, besides you’d never give up the chance to see Chichi and Bulma trying on outfits." 18 said with a wink as 17 blushed.

"Whatever…" he growled.

"Put the top up." Chichi ordered.

He did as told.

"Anyway," 18 said as the car became quieter, "what do you think we’ll find at this boutique?"

"What does it matter? As long as it isn’t a store anywhere near where the boys are buying their tuxes." Bulma said.

"Yeah, because we want our dresses to knock ‘em dead!" Chichi said with a giggle.

17 chuckled.

"What?? Hmm? Don’t you think Amy’s going to go all out to get the best Prom dress?" 18 asked slyly.

"If he’s still going with her…" Bulma muttered.

17 was silent.

"Well?" the three girls asked impatiently.

"Um… we kind of broke up." He said.

"Of course." Chichi muttered.

"Who is it now?" she asked.

"This girl named Ayana." He said with a shrug.

"Oh, and?" 18 asked with interest.

"And what??" he asked them blushing heatedly.

"Oh! He really likes her!! Oooh!" Chichi and Bulma squealed.

17 just shook his head in disagreement.

"Anyways back to the subject at hand." 18 said ignoring her brother for the moment.

"Yeah! I don’t care what I have to spend to get the perfect prom dress. I want to really impress Vegeta." Bulma said dreamily.

"Well, don’t we all want to impress our boyfriends?" 18 asked.

"Yeah and maybe he’ll be so attracted to you and he’ll look so good that you won’t be able to resist sl-" Chichi started but was cut off by Bulma’s hand clamping over her mouth.

Bulma and 18 hushed her and then nodded towards 17 who was partially listening.

"Oh, yeah! I forgot!" Chichi said sheepishly.

"It doesn’t matter anymore." Bulma muttered.

"Speaking of which-" 18 said with a grin.

"Speaking of nothing! Let’s get back to prom dresses!" she said with a red face.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~**~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Hey! I tried again and none of the girls are home." Krillin said as he came back from the phone booth.

Goku and Vegeta were sitting in the center of the mall on one of those big sofas sipping slushies. It was about 10 in the morning and since the school had given all the seniors the day off to prepare for the prom they were taking advantage of it.

"What took you so long? We sent you twenty minutes ago!" Vegeta said angrily as he got up from his seat.

"Mrs. Briefs just would not stop talking to me!" Krillin whined.

Vegeta rolled his eyes.

"I know what you mean. Now that Bulma’s parents know that I’m not just her ‘friend’ anymore, her mom insists on having conversations with me. Her dad threatens me by saying he’ll pull strings and have every known assassin on me if I don’t be ‘responsible’ with his daughter." Vegeta groaned.

Goku giggled.

"Anyway, I guess we should go get our tuxes." Krillin said.

"Yeah. Good thing we got fitted for them last week." Vegeta said.

"I know, but then they always want to make more adjustments and poke at you with their stupid needles." Goku said.

"Well, then we can order their corsages while we wait." Vegeta said.

"What colors did they want again?" Krillin asked.

"Bulma wants a blue and purple flower." Vegeta said.

"Chichi wants a red one." Goku said.

"And 18… um a white and pink, I think??" Krillin said.

"Heh, it’s your ass if you get her the wrong one." Vegeta said as he laughed.

"That’s really not funny." Krillin said, with a serious face.

"I don’t want to mess up."

"Yeah," Goku said, "me neither. Chichi means a lot and if she’s upset on her prom I’ll feel terrible." (A/n: He’s so sweet!)

"Whatever, you’re all a bunch of fools. The ‘prom’ is just one big ol party. Except it has more drinking, more fighting and more sex." Vegeta said with a grin.

"The girls don’t think of it like that. And anyway, don’t try to act like you’re all macho. You’re still the only guy I know that bought a girl a huge stuffed animal and a box of Belgian chocolates just to ask her to go with you! I mean, that’s pretty pathetic considering she could have said no." Krillin said as he laughed.

Vegeta growled and glared at Goku.

"That was all your fault, you know that?? Feeding me all that BS about her needing all that nonsense." Vegeta said.

"Hey… you guys are still going strong so you’ll have to thank Chi and me for that!" Goku said as he backed away from the seething Vegeta.

"But… on a serious note, it’s amazing." Krillin muttered as he and the guys started walking over to the tux store.

"What’s amazing chrome-dome?" Vegeta asked. He was in a pissy mood.

"Well… you and Bulma… just thinking about it baffles me." Krillin said.

"Me too!" Goku piped up.

"Everything confuses you." Vegeta said to him.

Then turning to Krillin he asked, "Why does it baffle you? And how many times do you think about it?"

Krillin shrugged.

"It’s not like that. Only when I see you guys together, or somebody makes us flashback to before you two were a ‘thing’. I can’t seem to piece together how this ever happened." Krillin said thinking seriously.

"Well," Goku said grinning.

"Vegeta had had the hots for her since like 8th grade, and Bulma had seriously detested him cuz he was a really annoying, mean brat. And the more Vegeta liked her, the more he would be mean to her. But anyway" Goku said as he glanced at the angry and embarrassed Vegeta, "from what Chichi tells me, Bulma started liking him sometime around high school. So, after going with Yamucha on and off for three years Bulma gets fed up so, this is all Chichi-news so it may be wrong, she breaks it off with him, which you already know. She remembers how much she loves Vegeta and so when he asked her out she said yes. She even said she thought you were adorable! Vegeta adorable, heh, now that’s funny." Goku said.

Vegeta grabbed Goku around the collar of his shirt and pulled the taller boy close to him.

"Shut your mouth with all of this nonsense before I shut it for you." He warned.

"Y-yes." Goku said as Vegeta let him go.

Krillin sighed at his two friends.

"Come on guys. Let’s go get the suits. I don’t want to have to waste more time then I have to." Krillin said.

"You just want to get back to the ice queen." Vegeta teased. Goku nodded with a smug expression.

"And you think your girls are better?" Krillin asked, sparking a whole new argument.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~**~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

17’s metallic blue Roadster eased into the parking space and he let out a sigh of contentment when he braked.

"17 gets horny when he drives his car." 18 said with a wicked smirk.

17 turned to stare at her sharply and then flicked her nose.

"That’s a lie, bitch." He said in a playful tone.

"I just really appreciate fine machinery." He said.

"Especially when you don’t have to pay for it?" she asked.

He glared at her, and she returned the exact look.

"This is when I remember you two are twins." Bulma said in awe as the twins continued to stare at one another.

"Yeah, your faces look exactly the same!" Chichi said.

18 glanced at her black haired friend and then opened her door.

She stepped out, with Bulma, Chichi, and 17 following her example.

"Come on! They have six boutiques here and I want to hit at least two of them before lunch." 18 said.

"Juu?" 17 asked bewildered.

"What now??" she asked.

"It’s only 10 now. We decided to grab lunch at one. You’ll be hitting two shops by then??" he asked with wide eyes.

"Yeah, he’s right 18." Bulma said with a frown.

"We’d better not push for two. We’ll be lucky only trying for one. I mean we’ll only be missing out on the best dresses if we hurry."

Chichi nodded her head with fervor.

"Ugh," 17 groaned as the two girls looped their arms through his.

"Why didn’t I just get drunk and then stay in bed with a hang over??"

"Because," 18 said as she lead them through the mall doors, "you know that I’d drag you from your bed even with the mother of all hangovers to take us here."

The first store on their list was Madame Fou Fou’s House of Fashion. (A/n: Don’t know how I made that up… -_-)

The three girls made sure that Juunana-gou was comfortably situated in a chair right outside of the dressing rooms as they ran through the store selecting dresses.

Bulma examined a shiny, metallic two-piece lavender dress.

"How about this?" she asked 18.

"It’s the style, but I think you’d look better in a more classic look." She said.

Bulma nodded and put the dress back on its rack.

"This one?" Chichi asked, holding a Spanish cut fire red dress.

"No!" Bulma and 18 said in unison.

"We agreed, no mini dresses."

"But they all look so good on me." Chichi whined.

"I agree! Let her wear the mini!" 17 exclaimed with a grin.

"Shut up!" Bulma ordered.

"You girls wanted my opinion so badly, and now you shun me." He said, feigning to be pained at the thought.

The girls rolled their eyes.

"Anyway, you’ll want a dress like this." 18 said, pointing to a full-length dress with a bodice and a large bow in the back.

"Very classic." Bulma agreed.

Chichi pouted.

"Then… what about this?" Chichi asked holding up a black dress.

It was an entire mini-dress with a separate skirt around it that came from the back and reached the floor.

"Eww no! That’s an oldie style." 18 said as she wrinkled up her nose.

"Get to the skimpy bikinis!!" 17 groaned to the girls as he watched two girls walk by with bathing suits piled on their arms.

Chichi smirked.

"All in due time, 17, all in due time."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~**~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Yes… and how is yours fitting, Mr. Ouji?" the small tailor asked as he stood behind Vegeta with an approving smile.

The three boys were in the fitting room, in front of three mirrors.

They turned around, inspecting their suits, and looked at the front again, still not exceedingly satisfied.

They were buying, not renting and for two grand a suit, they wanted them to fit right. (A/n: Whoa… let’s say it’s an Armani type store…)

Vegeta frowned as he pulled at his sleeve.

"Not to your liking Mr. Ouji?" the tailor asked timidly. He had seen Vegeta’s reaction when the suit had been too long.

Vegeta ignored the annoying old man and turned to his friends.

"How do yours feel?" he asked Goku and Krillin.

"It’s itchy! And hot!" Goku complained pulling at the collar.

"We can line it with more silk, if you’d like Mr. Son." The tailor said.

"Ok, sure." Goku said as he pulled off his suit jacket.

All the boys had black suits, but different color inside shirts and cummerbunds.

Krillin had a white shirt with a blood-red cummerbund, going for the classic style. Goku had a carnation pink shirt with a light pink cummerbund. And Vegeta had a white shirt with a dark-blue cummerbund.

"All of this is uncomfortable to wear." Vegeta said as he crossed his arms over his chest.

He was uncomfortable but he had to admit he liked how he looked. The suit fit him perfectly.

"All right." Vegeta said taking off his suit jacket.

"I’ll take mine, but, as soon as you make alterations to these sleeves. And if you’re giving Kakarot better lining I want it too." Vegeta said handing the jacket over to the man.

"Yeah, same here." Krillin said as he pulled off his jacket.

"Ok, sirs…" the tailor said as he marked off which jacket belonged to whom.

"It’ll take at the least three hours to do, so it’d be appreciated if you could keep yourselves busy. These are for the prom, ne?" the tailor asked.

Goku nodded.

"Heh, yeah, I should have known. This is the style all the guys get." The tailor said with a chuckle.

"Who cares? I just don’t want to have to get fitted anymore." Goku whined.

Vegeta chuckled.

"All right then. On to the flower store." He said.

"Yeah…" Krillin said sarcastically, "flowers."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~**~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Hmm? And this one, 17?" 18 asked as she posed in a sparkly floor length pale blue gown.

"Nah… it makes your hips look chunky and doesn’t go with your eyes." He said in a bored tone.

18 stuck out her tongue and turned to the mirror. Her eyes widened slightly.

"Hey," she said tugging the fabric that clung to her hips, "he’s right."

Bulma and Chichi came out at that moment decked out in the same black dresses.

"Hey!" Bulma exclaimed.

Chichi not wanting to argue and seeing it looked better on Bulma, walked back into the dressing room.

"Take that off." 17 said.

"What, why??" Bulma asked.

"Oh, listen to him. He knows what he’s talking about." 18 said with a grin.

Bulma growled, but turned on her heel and walked into her dressing room.

"17, you’ve been a big help." 18 said with a smile, knowing her twin was bored and exhausted.

It was around two in the afternoon and they had only been in three stores.

"I promise to get you a triple scoop Rocky Road when this is all over."

"Oh… yippee." He said with sarcasm, but she knew he’d never say no to Rocky Road.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~**~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Rae sighed as she stared at the low-cut dress. Its V-shaped neck was the type that dipped low enough to show her belly button.

She contemplated buying it, thinking maybe it’d be a little over the top, but she really wanted all of Yamucha’s attention to be on her.

"I’ll get it." She conceded, and winced as she glanced at the price.

"Two eighty five. Shit." She said thinking about her already maxed out Platinum Visa.

"Oh! Rae, it’s you." A girl said as she came up to her.

Rae forced a smile on her face. There were five girls who she had been friends with but had of recently blown off to be with Yamucha.

"Hey, Max, Jeanne, Jenna, Lacy, Chris." She mumbled.

"Prom shopping?" Jenna asked.

"Yeah…" Rae said as she shrugged.

"You’re not going with Yamucha, are you?" Chris asked her.

Rae grinned. ‘Chance to brag.’ She thought.

"Yeah! I am! He asked me last week. I had to get rid of my other two dates just to go with him. And I only went cuz he looked really pathetic when he asked me." She said.

"Oh… are you serious?" Max said with a curious expression on her face.

"Of course I am. We’re officially an item." Rae said.

"Oh, yeah, I remember." Jeanne said with distaste.

"It was really wrong how you wormed Yamucha away from Bulma and made all that trouble for her."

Rae bit her lip in guilt, and then glared at her so-called-friend.

"It’s not my fault that bitch couldn’t hold a man!" Rae argued.

The five girls exchanged looks.

"Ok. If that’s what you say." Lacy said finally.

"Anyway, the point of our asking about you and Yamucha," Chris began, "is to make sure that you were really going with him. I mean, are you sure he asked you?"

"Yes! Of course I am. I wouldn’t lie. What are you getting at?" Rae asked, getting agitated.

"Well, Stacey Green, Aya Magwell, and Stephanie Yu all told us that they were going with Yamucha." Lacy said.

"What?" Rae asked in surprise.

"Well, that can’t be true."

"Yeah… we thought so. Besides, those girls Stacey and Aya are your friends. They’d never turn their backs on you and walk away just for some guy, right?" Max asked with a double meaning.

The other four girls smirked at Max’s smart play on words.

Rae felt terrible, but she wouldn’t give up Yamucha for anything. Why couldn’t they understand that?

"Well… Rae, darling, I hope this little misunderstanding really clears up. We wouldn’t want you to get hurt." Lacy said as she smiled.

"Yeah… and on a serious note, this whole Yamucha thing isn’t a good idea." Chris piped up with a slight hint of concern to her voice.

"What do you mean?" Rae asked.

"Well… he’s not a very good person. I’ve heard he’s violent and into drinking and drugs." Lacy said.

"You’ve heard." Rae growled. "Doesn’t mean it’s true. It’s all lies."

Max glanced at her four friends and shrugged.

"Look out for yourself." She warned.

Rae’s fist tightened and she started getting angry.

"Oh, is this the dress you’re getting?" Chris asked, noticing the dress Rae was still clutching. "It’s really great. It screams ‘Rae’. Hee hee. I know you’ll look great in it."

The girls all giggled again.

"Yeah, so we’ll see you when we see you, Rae." Jeanne said.

"Yeah, let’s all meet up at the prom and compare our dates and dresses." Jenna offered.

"Yeah, toodles and happy shopping." Max said.

"Bye." Rae mumbled, feeling broken inside.

And they were gone. The girls who had used to be her friends no longer liked nor trusted her, her new friends secretly desired her true love, and she was miserable.

She glanced at the sparkly white material of the dress, and with resignation switched it for a maroon like red.

She took it off the rack and proceeded to the cash register.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~**~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"All right," A redhead said in a monotone voice, "your total comes up to 69.95."

"Oh, sheesh, for flowers? Boy… let’s just pool our money." Krillin offered.

"Yeah… what is it like 24 bucks each?" Vegeta asked.

"I guess." Goku said scratching his head.

"Wait, hold on a second." The girl interrupted getting annoyed. "I didn’t know you were paying together. It’s 69.95 each. And if you want the math, it’ll be 209.85 for the three of you. Ok?"

Vegeta glared at the annoying girl.

"What the fuck! I mean they’re only stupid flowers." He complained.

"Flowers that are only grown in Egypt and have to be kept alive in special sunlight, given special imported soil, and watered with enriched water. Ok? Besides, you came into West Capital City’s finest flower shop, don’t start getting cheap." The girl argued.

Goku and Krillin shrugged as Vegeta turned to glare at them, and started fishing in their wallets for the required money.

"Seventy dollars for a damn flower she’s gonna wear on her wrist for one night! This had better be worth it." Vegeta said.

"Ok… you can pick them up tomorrow night at eight." The redhead said as she collected the money.

"Tomorrow? Why tomorrow?" Goku asked.

"Because if I send them home with you today, they’ll never make it to tomorrow night! These flowers’ best chance of survival is here in the store. Besides… the senior prom starts at 8, right?" she asked.

They nodded.

"It’ll be best that they are as fresh as can be." She said.

"Hey! For something that’ll last longer, buy a rose for each of your dates!" she suggested.

"And what’ll that cost? 20 bucks a rose?" Vegeta asked.

"No… They’re only 2.99 per rose. And we’ve got the new spring colors in. Pink, and white, and red." She said.

"Ok… let’s get ‘em then." Krillin suggested.

"Sure, whatever." Vegeta grumbled.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~**~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"All right!" Bulma said as she heaved one of her many shopping bags up from the ground.

They had just made a stop at the Cinnabon and they were on their way to the last store. As the girls gathered as many bags as they could hold, 17 was left with the excess baggage.

They had went shopping for shoes, hair accessories, other outfits, and one-pieces and bikinis for the coming summer. For 17’s good behavior they had modeled the bathing suits.

"Now… we have to go to Gowns Galore." 18 said as she unfolded the mall map with her teeth.

"Is that upstairs?" Chichi asked in a whining tone. "I’m exhausted."

"You’re exhausted. It’s three o’clock! We’ve been here five hours!" he complained as he dragged the bags behind him.

"And on top of all that, all these bags won’t fit in my car. It’s a tiny roadster. It isn’t meant to handle heavy shopping!"

"Oh, 17, please." Bulma said sarcastically. "Get over it."

"Oh, no the store isn’t upstairs!" Chichi exclaimed as she ran to the glass doors.

"It says it is upstairs." 18 said glancing at the sign written in gold above the huge doors.

"Well… it has a second level. Prom dresses are on this level." Bulma said reading a sign next to the door.

"Oh! Yeah!" 18 said in delight.

"Let’s go in then."

They walked through the stores in astonishment. The store had beautiful prom dresses.

"Oh! I can’t believe it! Why’d we bother going to all those other crappy stores?" Bulma asked.

"Yeah, I wonder why?" 17 asked in annoyance.

"Oh, go sit down and shut up. We’ll get to you later." 18 ordered. She watched as her brother angrily slunk away.

"Oh wow!" Bulma said, running to a royal blue gown. ‘This is wonderful.’ She thought. ‘And Vegeta’s favorite color, too!’

"Cute… but you always wear blue. It makes you stand out so much. Go for classic colors like white or black, you know?" Chichi offered as she pulled a light pink gown off the rack.

"How about something in lavender for you?" 18 asked plucking a long lavender and violet dress from the display.

"Oooh. I dunno, I don’t usually wear colors like that… you know, it’s not really with my complexion and hair color." Chichi complained looking at the dress.

"Oh, whatever. It’ll look gorgeous on you." 18 said thrusting the dress to Chichi.

"Ok!" Chichi said, and hurried off to the dressing rooms.

"Bulma…" 18 said as she watched her friend look back and for the between a pink dress and a white one.

"Huh, yes, 18?" Bulma asked as she took her eyes away from the dresses.

"Nothing… never mind." 18 said as she blushed.

"What? You know you can tell me anything, 18." Bulma said with a grin.

"This whole prom thing bothers me. I get this really icky bad vibe that something wrong is gonna happen there." 18 said with concern, than laughed nervously when Bulma gave her a strange look.

"Bad vibes, 18? That’s not usually something I’d hear you say. But… what do you think it means?" Bulma asked.

"I don’t know! And that’s why I’m upset about it. I’m worried about you." 18 said ran her hand through her blonde hair.

"Me? Why’re you worried about me?" Bulma asked.

18 shrugged.

"Just… be careful tomorrow night." 18 warned.

"I will." Bulma said as Chichi pranced out of the dressing room in the purple dress.

Bulma winced, seeing how the shade clashed with Chichi’s complexion.

"Boo!" 17 said as he noticed the dress.

Chichi frowned.

"Uh… maybe I was wrong?" 18 asked as she shrugged.

"Maybe?" Chichi asked in anger.

"Go change back… we’ll go look at more dresses." 18 said.

Chichi quickly went in to the dressing room and in a matter of minutes came out again.

"Look at those over there." Bulma pointed out.

The three girls walked over to the luxurious gowns and stared in surprise.

"We have to get these." Bulma said as she pulled one dress down.

"I totally agree." Chichi said.

"I want this one." She said picking a different style and color.

"Wow… this is hot." 18 said walking around the rack of dresses.

"Which should I get though?" 18 asked pointing to three dresses, a red one, a blue, and a black one.

"Oh! Definitely the one on the right." Bulma said.

"Yeah… it’s so you!" Chichi said happily.

"I dunno… that’s not really my color…" 18 said.

"Juunana-gou!" Bulma called.

"What?" he asked.

"Which is best for 18?" Bulma asked.

"The one on the right, definitely." He said staring at the dress.

"Thanks lots. Now, let’s go buy these." Chichi said, dragging her two friends to the cash register.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~**~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Goku, Vegeta, and Krillin collapsed onto Vegeta’s couch at 3:45. They had thrown their suits haphazardly on the floor and groaned as they all tried to get comfortable on the one couch. They completely ignored the fact that Vegeta had two other sofas and a recliner in his living room.

"Oh, boys, you’re home already??" Mrs. Ouji asked as she strutted into the room. She was in a ‘happy’ mood.

"You bought your tuxes, I see. Ooh, lemme have a peek." She said immediately picking out the one Vegeta had selected.

"I knew you’d take the blue, Vegeta. It was always your favorite color. Krillin has the classic… right? And Goku the pink?" she asked gaining nods from the three boys.

"Oh, and very good quality. I wonder how much you paid for this, Vegeta." She said.

Vegeta muttered something incoherent, fished around in his pocket, and pitched a crumpled receipt on the floor near her feet.

"WHAT??" she screamed. "Twenty-three hundred for a suit!! Oh… you had better wear this on graduation, your wedding day and to your funeral, mister!"

"Yeah, yeah." Vegeta said in an inattentive tone.

"Well, you boys rest up. I’ll be in the kitchen… making cookies…" she said suspiciously and walked out.

"Hey, Vegeta." Goku said in a tired voice.

"Yeah…?" Vegeta asked.

"I thought you mother didn’t cook." Goku said.

"She cooks. She mad pasta when we were over one time." Krillin said as she got off the crowded couch and stumbled over to the recliner.

"She doesn’t bake." Vegeta muttered and quickly fell asleep.

"Then what is she doing in the kitchen?" Goku asked.

"Who knows." Krillin said yawning afterwards.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~**~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

*ring, ring* *ring, ring*

"Hello, Briefs residence?" Mrs. Briefs answered as her daughter and her two friends strolled into the kitchen.

"Hey, it’s me." Mrs. Ouji responded.

"Oh! How are you!!" Mrs. Briefs said then winked at a cute boy, piled with bags, who followed the three girls inside.

"What do you mean?? Get your head out of the clouds! I’m not trying to have a polite conversation with you. My boys just got home." She whispered.

"Oh… yes, my girls are here also." Mrs. Briefs said, becoming serious.

"Well… what have they got with them?" Mrs. Ouji asked in excitement.

"I dunno yet. They went upstairs and left their dresses down here, but I don’t know where their little servant boy disappeared to. He may be a spy." Mrs. Briefs whispered as she glanced around the expanse of the kitchen.

"Servant boy? Spy?? Just open the bags up and snoop!" Mrs. Ouji rushed her.

"Ok… what about the boys??" Mrs. Briefs asked as she searched through the prom dress bags.

"Well… Vegeta has a black and royal blue ensemble." Mrs. Ouji explained. "Their little bald friend, has the classic white, red, and black, and Kakarot got a pink and black setup, but I don’t know what possessed him to do that." Mrs. Ouji said making the woman on the other line chuckle.

"He’s a funny boy." Mrs. Briefs said.

"Oooh! These dresses are lovely and they’ll go perfectly with what the boys have picked." Mrs. Briefs said in a wicked tone.

"Good! As long as they don’t clash it’s all right. I don’t want my boy standing next to a girl with a cheap looking outfit." Mrs. Ouji said in a final tone.

"Hey! What if Bulma’s outfit was so good it that Vegeta would make her look bad with his ugly tux." Mrs. Briefs said in a taunting manner.

"Well… that doesn’t concern me. As long as they look fabulous. And besides we’ll have lookouts for us. We should meet before the prom and make sure they look good." Mrs. Ouji said.

"Um… ok, Emi and Radditz, right?" Mrs. Briefs said with a giggle.

"Yes. See you tomorrow night." Mrs. Ouji said then hung up without another word.

"Bye!" Mrs. Briefs said then hung up the phone.

"I know tomorrow will be a very interesting day!" Mrs. Briefs said then went back to searching through all the bags.

* * * * *

::Hey how was this chapter, hmm?? Did you enjoy? Well… there were a tad bit of revelations in this chapter. I brought back Vegeta’s ‘I care for no one’ attitude, I reinstated Yamucha’s immoral ways, Rae’s insecurity; and I even threw in a tad bit of motherly intervention! Sorry that I never told you guys what dresses the girls picked, but I’ll try with the utmost power that I have to describe them really well next chapter! Lol, but tell me, what’d you guys think of Rae’s reality check session? You know, where her five friends showed up. I thought that was mean, but sooooo necessary. It’ll really be important next chapter. Speaking of which, PROM PROM PROM PROM! Oh my god! It will very soon be over and done with! :’( *sniffle* It all went by so fast. It’s been two+ years I think, right? But… I’ll say my farewells not next chapter, but in the epilogue! So, really, you actually have one chapter and a smidgen of another one to look forward to! ^-^ Peace, love and chocolate covered almonds to you!::

~x~x~


Table of Contents
Chapter 18
Chapter 20