Disclaimer: I do not own Dragonballl Z or the characters attributed to the series.

Author's Note: This probably contains the least amount of violence of any of my fics, but there is sex so if you are offended by this, don't read. Hope you enjoy and as always, if you have any comments--please feel free to email me. Lisa

 

CHAPTER TWO

 

3500 BC--Ancient Thebes

"Will she be alright?" Setihamentep grabbed the arms of the old nurse who had come to stand before him, holding her in a death grip , nearly breaking the brittle bones of the ancient woman in his anguish and worry. It was too soon--too soon for this to be happening, too soon for his son to be born, and the way Nefertit had screamed. They had been gut-wrenching, pain-laced screams, filling the hallway; resonating through every nook and cranny in the palace, leaving nothing untouched with the haunted sound of her great anguish . He had covered his ears like a coward when she has screamed his name, covered them and wept like a baby, wanting--no needing to go to her, but deathly afraid of seeing her, of losing her. He had been unable to face her, to face what she was going through, had been capable of nothing save sinking to the floor and cowering until the worst was over and silence had reigned supreme.

"Is the Queen alright?" Seti snarled again, shaking the old hag. Why wouldn't she tell him? Had his wife died? "Tell me! Tell me now!"

"She sleeps, my Pharoah, she sleeps." The old nurse--Kadija, cringed back from the look of near madness that leapt out at her from her Pharoah's eyes. Set help them all if the Queen died. This Pharoah would surely strike them all down with swift justice. Perhaps Aye had underestimated this boy to the extreme. He had told her the heir must die...that the Queen must not bear a child to Seti. He had given her the drugs to slip into the Queen's drink...the child had been induced months early. A boy...a Prince. It had not survived. She had felt not one minute's remorse as she had stared, coldly, down at the woman who had lain helpless against the drug's potent powers, her young, lithe body writhing with contraction after contraction. Nefertit had lay, screaming for her husband, for anyone to help her, but no one had come. Kadija had done exactly what she had been commanded to do by Aye and she had done her job well.

Seti relaxed marginally, eyes slamming shut in relief. Thank the Gods she was safe, whichever one of them had looked over her and kept her alive... Seti would worship until the day he died.

"The child...my child? Did the child survive?" Seti's voice was a harsh, pained whisper in the dank room.

"I'm sorry Pharoah. The boy was born too early. He did not survive. " Kadija glanced downwards, unwilling to meet his piercing, black stare. It was too intent, too perceptive. Somehow, she thought, he would know. He would look in her eyes and see her treachery if she looked at him and he would kill her. He would surely kill her.

Seti felt his breath escape him with a barely audible hiss. Raw pain and stark disappointment flooded through his body and straight through to his soul. This child... They had wanted this child. He inhaled sharply, trying to smother the sob that had rushed upwards from the pit of his belly. There would be more, there would be more. Nefertit was alive. He was just grateful his beloved was alive. He would worry about the rest later--would grieve later. Right now, he just wanted to go to Nefertit and hold her. Hold her tightly in hopes she would give him absolution for not being there, for being too cowardly to show up when she had screamed his name.

"May I see her?" Seti looked back towards the door to their chambers.

"Yes, Pharoah." Kadija watched as Seti lurched away from her, steeling himself with as much fortitude as he could muster to go and face his wife and deal with her pain and grief. Kadija smiled cruelly to herself. It was certain to become much worse for them. As bad as he thought it was now, it was only going to get worse. She reached out, touching his arm tentatively, halting him for a brief moment. "I have directed the Priests to begin the mummification process on your son."

Seti paused for a moment, glancing back at her, his look inscrutable, finally nodding and continuing his path to his wife's bed. There would be time to consider all of this later. Time to consider his pain and grief and disappointment. First he must see to his beloved. Nefertit was all that was important. She was his life.

 

*******************

 

"Is the task completed?" Aye awaited her anxiously in his chambers, black eyes piercing into hers assessingly.

"Yes, my lord. The Queen has lost her child and she will be unable to carry anymore. I made sure of that. The Pharoah will be forced to look elsewhere for an heir." Kadija bowed to Aye--her most reverent father.

"Does Nefertit suspect anything?"

"I do not believe so, my father."

"Then there is only one other who knows." Aye stared at her speculatively. "No one must know what happened to the Queen."

Kadija took a hesitant step back, moving away from him. There was something odd within his voice. It had shifted from pleasantly conversational to something infinitely more dangerous and threatening. It made her feel uneasy.

"Ahhh...Kadija, Set will reward you for your loyalty and your service." Aye took a step towards her, his demeanor shifting to menacing; threatening in an instant, sending her skittering back fearfully against the wall. "You will be rewarded."

 

********************

 

Present Day-Capsule Corporation.

 

Bulma jerked awake, jolted from sleep by the resonating boom of thunder. Her eyes shot open, wide and startled, like those of an animal trapped in death. A delicate creature hunted and trapped by the predator's gaze with no means of escape.

What had she dreamt? The images and feelings of some great pain endured, lingering in the furthest recesses of her mind, taunting her to recall, the remembrance of the memory so near she could have touched it, but quickly dissipating just as she reached out to grasp them.

Bulma stretched out her hand, feeling for Vegeta, quickly realizing she was alone. Where was he? Had he left? She sat up, straining to see into the blackness of the room.

I come for you, Bulma, and once I have you, I will have him. Teya's malicious voice shattered the relative peace of her subconscious.

"No!" Bulma leapt from her bed, her head twisting around frantically, searching the room. "I will not let you have Vegeta's soul. I promise you that."

As if you could stop me, Teya's voice mocked her. You are as stupid as you are weak if you really believe you will stop me from having all that I desire.

I managed to once, I think I can handle you again. Bulma clenched her teeth in rage. How dare she come here after her, after her man. She would not stand for it, it was more than she could handle.

I will kill you this time, Teya, I promise, whatever is left between us will end with this.

Now you talk with the voice of Nefretit. A neat trick to be sure, but this time it will not have the desired affect. She is dead, long dead, killed by my hand.

Are you so sure? Bulma smiled coolly into the darkness of the room, her features shifting slightly, voice deepening marginally as she spoke. Continue towards this place and you will see just how dead I am. I will not allow this girl and her beloved to suffer as you made me. You took all I had and now I will return the favor ten-fold.

Nefretit, have you come to possess this stupid girl's body for your own vengenance? That hardly seems worthy. Teya's voice was heavy with mockery.

I am the vengenance of mankind... the mankind you have so helplessly slaughtered, all in the name of Set.

You're beloved Seti had something to do with that as well. Teya sneered.

Bulma's face fell in sadness. Seti was weak and you used that to turn him against all he knew to be true and right. When the Gods judge him, there will be no absolution for either of you.

Presuming you can use this human woman, to your advantage. Teya replied flippantly.

A part of me, of my memory stayed with her. Even while my spirit went back to its rest, she retained my memories. She knows me, she knows my history. Every night she dreams of my life. When the time comes, we will be ready and she will be prepared for what she must do... alone. You are a fool to underestimate her skill and strength. Her knowledge mixed with mine will be your undoing, fool.

So you say. We shall see, won't we? It will be great fun taking all from this woman as I took from you.

Bulma smirked. "You think to have her Prince? You sorely underestimate him if you do. He is a strong man, disciplined and immune to you. His soul will not come to you and she will fight you for it. He is a man worth fighting for."

I draw near, Nefertit. Soon I will be upon these two and their lives will be blown apart. Prepare her well. I do love a challenge.

Bulma staggered back from the bed where she had stood. What had that been? Was Nefertit here now too? What in the hell was going on?

I can show you, Bulma, if you will allow me. You must trust me to help you. Find Omar and all will be explained.

"Who... who are you and why are you in my head?" Bulma's voice came out small and fearful in the quiet of the room. "Where is Vegeta?"

You know who I am Bulma, you need only search your memories. and you will know you WHO I am. Go to Omar, he can help you. The voice faded into nothingness, leaving Bulma standing alone and shivering against the chill of the room.

Omar? She was supposed to go to Omar? Bulma fished in the pocket if her jeans, extricating the card from her pocket, noting the hotel and room labeled on the front. Should she get Vegeta and force him to take her? As soon as the tthought entered her mind, she dismissed it. How could she possibly take Vegeta with her? He would be safer if she went alone. It was her that Teya wanted above all else. If Omar could help her, than perhaps she could defeat Teya alone.

Besides Bulma, Vegeta was ready to let you die... he let you fall from the sky while he searched for the other android. He could care less about you one way or the other. If he had cared for you, would he have let Cell complete himself? The tiny voice in her head refused to be silent.

Bulma's fist clenched the card, crumpling it with her emotion. Damn him! She would go it alone. She didn't need him to save her ass for her. As if he would anyway, though there had been that moment earlier, when he had shared so much of himself with her. It had been everything she had been wanting and waiting for. Really, he had watched as Gero shot her plane from the sky and not lifted one finger to save her, then had let Cell complete himself to stroke his own foolish pride and this was on top of the continued desertions. How could she have ever forgotten that? Why would it be any different now? What would compell him to change and stay now; what had compelled him to do what he had done earlier in the day when there was really nothing different between them? Vegeta needed to give her answers. She so wanted to take what he was offering and give herself back to him and she would when the time was right, but now... right now, she had to deal with Teya. Later there would be time for him to give her answers. Bulma needed to protect him now, something he would never agree to if he knew she was planning. She alone had seen what Teya could and would do, she could not allow it.

Her mind made up, Bulma hurried to her dresser and yanked out clothes, shoving them into a bag. She hastily searched through the small collection of capsules she kept in her desk, grabbing a few she thought she might need. Opening the balcony window, she stepped into the cold, pounding rain and maneuvered her way silently towards the edge. She could shimmy down the pole if she were careful, decapsulate her small 'copter and be gone, hopefully before Vegeta would miss her. Bulma had little doubt that he would miss her shortly. Would he even come after her? She doubted it seriously. In this she was alone.

Bulma managed to slide haphazardly down the pole, bag slung around her neck, landing with a thud on the ground below. She shook her soaking blue hair out of her face and shifted uncomfortably in the sopping clothes that clung to her body, looking around. It starts now, Teya. If it is me you want, then come and get me. Let's leave him out of this for now.

Bulma decapsulated her capsule copter, jumping in quickly. She glanced down at the crumpled card with Omar's information.

"I sure hope you can help me, Prince Omar. " Bulma spoke to herself, breaking the silence of the small cabin as she hurriedly switched on the ignition and instrument panel. "Alright, let's get out of here." She pulled up the on the stick, lifting the bird into the air and leaving the corporation behind. "I'm sorry, Vegeta, but it's better this way. You have to trust me."

 

******************

 

"So let me get this straight, Vegeta, you're saying that Prince Omar came back to the house today and told you that Teya and Seti are loose again?" Yamcha looked at Vegeta in near disbelief, before collapsing back against the couch. "You have got to be kidding. After everything we went through to get them to die?"

"We?" Vegeta raised his eyebrows "I don't recall you were that big of a help. You allowed Bulma to be taken."

Yamcha sat up, glaring at the Saiyan. "Hey, that's not fair. Besides , when did you start to give a shit about Bulma? You didn't seem to care too much a month ago."

Vegeta shot up from his seat, grabbing the human by his collar and hauling him up. "Listen to me, you pathetic weakling. What I do or do not feel towards Bulma is none of your concern. All you need know is that she is mine and she will always be mine. Stay away from her and keep your idiotic thoughts to yourself. I haven't the time to listen to them." Vegeta released his hold, letting the man drop back down to the couch. "Why don't you get out now. I am tired of looking at you." He started towards the stairs, intent on going to his mate and settling the bond between them. This was the only way he would ever be able to share any of his feelings with her.

"Dammit, Vegeta, Bulma and I have been friends for too many years for me to turn my back on her. I care about her, about what happens to her. I don't want to see her get hurt yet again by you. She deserves better."

"Like you?" Vegeta sneered as he turned back around, anger coursing through him. "Aren't you the one who slept with another woman when you were with her? It seems like you had your chance with her, and now it's over. Get out!" He took a menacing step towards the human.

"Bulma is my friend, Vegeta. She will always be my friend. I--I know I have not been perfect and I have no hopes of us ever being together, but that doesn't mean I am just going to forget all we have shared and all that you have put her through. You weren't even there for the birth of your own son. Kami, she almost died, Vegeta. Bulma needed you and you weren't there and she almost died. I can't forget the look on her face or the way she sobbed in my arms, because you weren't there. Face it Vegeta, you were a coward." Yamcha didn't flinch as Vegeta lunged at him, once again grabbing him by the throat.

"I should kill you for your words!" It would be so easy to just blast the fool straight to hell and not think twice about it. Vegeta hated this man with every fiber of his being. He hated him for ever touching her in the first place, for being with her when he had not... for being there when his son had been born. Vegeta threw the man across the room, smiling in satisfaction as Yamcha hit the wall with a thud. He raised his hand, ready to deliver the final blow.

Yamcha smiled, watching the Prince preparing to blast him. "If you kill me now, Bulma will be lost to you forever and you know it. Maybe that's what you want, another excuse to leave her. You'd be better off to just kill her. If you leave her again, it will surely destroy her." Yamcha shut his eyes waiting for the blast that would end his life.

Vegeta stared at him, eyes narrowed in rage. The fucking bastard was right. If he ended his miserable life now, Bulma would hate him and she would turn from him. Dammit! Why did he even care? He should be happy to see her and her brat go. He lowered his hands, clenching his fists tightly together. Why was everything so complicated now?

Yamcha slowly opened his eyes, staring with surprise at Vegeta who stood before him, arm lowered, face stony. "Don't hurt her anymore, Vegeta. She deserves better than either of us."

Vegeta shut his eyes, closing out the pain Yamcha's words caused him. He had not meant to cause her any pain, had not meant for any of this to happen. Perhaps it would be best if they had never even set eyes on one another, but he had and so had she and from that point on, they had gotten into each other's blood. There was no going back, no matter how frightening the future seemed, or however much he wanted to just erase her from his thoughts. When had he started caring? When had it began to matter what he felt? How he wished he could just go back to the simplicity of killing and domineering. Ruthlessness and power were all he understood, not this love crap. He had no idea how to give her what she wanted, only that he had the desire to give her whatever he could. Vegeta wasn't sure what was worse, that she had managed to evoke such feelings within him , or that she had allowed the human fool to be with her for the birth of his son. The woman had known his reasons for leaving and she had known that he would come back. His honor would not have demanded anything less.

"Get out." His voice was toneless and devoid of emotion. "I'm going to bed and I have no desire for you to follow me, so get out now before I change my mind and send you straight to hell.

"Fine, but I'll be back tomorrow and I will talk some sense into Bulma then."

Vegeta ignored him, climbing the stairs that led to the suite of bedrooms. He came to theirs and slowly opened the door, aware immediately that she was gone. Dammit, he had been completely distracted by that fool. His eyes took in the open window and the rain blowing wildly in.

"Fucking woman, where in the hell have you gone?" He crossed to the window and looked out, using his sense of her ki to locate her. Vegeta smirked as he found her, not too far away. "Dammit woman, now I am going to have to get wet." He rocketed off into the sky, seething with anger at her foolishness. What if that stupid Egyptian bitch found her alone? He sped up, trailing her ki signature, determined that when he found her, he would give her the tongue lashing of a lifetime.

*****************

 

Teya stepped into the waiting car. Abdallah had done very well for her, arranging for her to have a place to stay and a way to get around once she arrived in the city that the Briefs girl called home.

"Ahhh, soon little one we willplay and you and everything you hold dear will be mine." The telepathic connection was something unexpected. Nice, but unexpected. She must not have completely broken the link she had forged with her before, when they had previously met. It certainly made for excellent tormenting, that was until Nefertit showed up. How that had happened she would never know. It complicated things, but not overly much. She would be vanquished again and Teya would rule everything. It was the way things had been preordained.

"Where would you like to go this evening, ma'am?" The driver turned, smiling at her in appreciation.

Teya smiled back at him, her expression full with suggestion. "Do you happen to know where Bulma Briefs lives? I am an old friend and I would like to surprise her." Her tongue darted from her mouth, gently wetting the full bottom lip.

The driver smiled. "Everyone in the city knows where the Briefs live. I'll have you right there."

Teya smiled and leaned back upon the leather of the seat. Men, how easy it was to manipulate them. Vegeta would be no different and she already knew how she would obtain what she wanted with him... it would after all be so very easy.

"Look out, Bulma," Teya smiled cruelly. "Here I come."

 

********************

 

Bulma knocked lightly on Omar's hotel door, waiting impatiently for him to answer. Her eyes widened as it swung open to reveal a wet, shirtless, Omar.

"D-did I come at a bad time?" She managed to stutter after she had found her voice. Kami, the man was absolutely gorgeous. Her eyes swept briefly over the tanned, bare chest. As nice as his chest was, it still couldn't compare to Vegeta's. Bulma sighed heavily. Kami, Vegeta had ruined her for anyone else. As gorgeous as this man was and as intense and as kind, she had already compared him to Vegeta and he had lost. Omar probably wouldn't leave her to die either or alone and pregnant. Why did it have to be Vegeta that made her heart pound?

Omar ran a hand through his thick black hair, brushing it back from his forehead.

"No, I was just done showering. I was hoping you would come to your senses and seek me out. Where is Vegeta?" He peered intently around her shoulder.

"He doesn't know I am here, at least not yet. He will probably figure it out before too long, which is why I have to be fast. He might come after me, he might not. May I come in?"

"Of course, of course." Omar stood back, allowing her entrance. "What is it, what has sent you out into the night this way? It isn't safe for you to be traveling alone." His black eyes narrowed. "Has Teya communicated with you some more?"

"Yes, " Bulma walked to the small sofa and sat down. "There has been another development, however, that we need to talk about."

Omar sat down beside her, gently reaching out to clasp her hand. "Tell me, I must know everything if I am to help you."

"Do you remember that night we all stayed at your palace, before we went home? The night we defeated Seti and Teya?"

Omar nodded lightly. "Yes, I can recall that evening well."

"Do you remember what we spoke of?" Bulma leaned forward, blue eyes staring intently into his piercing black orbs.

"Yes, I remember that conversation. You told me that Nefertit had helped you, that she had shown you all her memories of her final battle with Teya--possessed you if you will--and aided you in battling Teya."

"Well, she's doing it again. Up to this night I have been having dreams, vivid dreams that would wake me up, but I could not recall anything once I awoke. The same thing happened tonight, though this time when I awoke, Teya was there and then I could hear Nefertit's voice... in my head, and coming out of my own mouth. Nefertit said she was the vengenance of mankind and that she was showing me her past, of what she had gone through and then Nefertit said you could help me find the rest. When she was gone, I decided to come here for your help; however it was on the way here that I recalled the dreams I have been having. It's like watching a movie unwind in my mind. I see everything, just as it happened. "

"What is the purpose for you to remember any of these things at all?" Omar sat back against the tan sofa, eyes wide with shock.

"I think, " Bulma said, "that there might be something in those memories that could help us out. I mean Nefertit has already battled Teya once. She knows everything there is to know about both Seti and Teya. Seti was her husband and he didn't start out bad, he only ended up that way. At least based on what I have seen. We have to figure out how this all happened and see if there is a way to undo it." Bulma leaned forward anxiously, searching his eyes. "What do you say? Can you help me?"

"I--I... I guess we can try." Omar leaned forward pulling her hand to his mouth and kissing it gently. "Yes, we can give it the best shot we have. Somehow we will get these messages extricated. It may be the hope of all mankind."

Bulma smiled at him, eyes closing in relief. Her expression quickly fading to fear as the heavy door splinterd apart and flew from its hinges.

"Vegeta." She sighed.

Vegeta stepped into the room, black eyes burning with rage as he took in the sight of his woman, sitting alone with that bastard Prince draped over her. His eyes narrowed as they swept over her to burn into Omar, who sat clasping her hand. Vegeta's fists clenched at his side.

"Take your hands off of her." His voice was low and deadly.

"Why should I do that?" Omar smiled at him, enjoying the look of rage that crossed the man's face. What a dangerous game he played, but somehow he knew that Vegeta would not strike him dead, at least not with her in the room.

"Vegeta," Bulma began tiredly, "Look, why don't you calm down and listen to what I have to say." She stood up, releasing Omar's hand in a peaceful gesture. What was he trying to prove by busting down the door and acting as if he owned her? When had he ever really cared this much before if someone else laid a hand on her? Hell, he had seen Yamcha doing much worse, and it had seemingly never bothered him before.

"Be quiet, woman. What in the hell do you think you are doing leaving me to come to him?" Vegeta uttered the last word with derision, showing his open contempt for the man. First, she had ran to that fool Yamcha when there had been trouble, now she chose to come to this man?

"Why you...!" Bulma sputtered, stalking over to her irate mate. "You have the nerve to come here and yell at me, for seeking out help?! I have a five thousand year old witch after me, Ve-ge-ta.." Bulma stressed every syllable in his name, knowing it would irritate the hell out of him. "These are things that only Omar can help me with."

"By cozying up to you on the sofa and holding your hand?" Vegeta sneered back at her. "Or do you run to any man when danger is near? Will just anyone do?" He regretted the words the minute they had left his mouth. It was unfair in regards to Yamcha. She had been alone and about to give birth and in his heart, if he looked far enough, he knew why she had sought out Omar. Still that his mate hadn't trusted him to help her or even trusted him to confide in. It hurt him, a concept that drove him nearly insane with rage. Since when did he allow trivial earthlings to cause him pain? He was a warrior, above any of this and if he was smart he would just get in a ship and leave and go stake out some claim in the universe as far away as possible from her and this miserable planet.

Bulma felt the blood drain from her face at his viscious words, before she managed to gather her wits and smacked him with all the strength she possessed, not budging his face an inch. Still the look of surprise satisfied her a small bit.

"You bastard! How dare you come in here and say that to me? I gave you everything... Everything, and still you just left me. You left me when I was pregnant. For Kami's sake Vegeta, I had to rely on Yamcha, my ex-boyfriend, to help me get through that. Not to mention that I just about bled to death during the delivery!" She was in his face, furious, eyes flashing with fire. Years of pent-up rage and hurt flowing from her like her life's blood as she re-opened every raw wound he had dealt her from the day they had first met.

"You were even set to let me die and your son right along with me. Kami, Vegeta, you cared more about your stupid battle with that damn android Gero, then you did your own son... future or present. How am I suppose to just forget that? Believe me, Kami knows I want to and that I have tried to, but every time I look at you, I see that moment and then I wonder, if you ever really wanted me at all." Bulma paused to take a breath, noticing the look of pained shock that had crossed his face. So he wasn't used to people striking back at him. Well good, he'd well-earned it. "Always it is your pride and your self-absorbtion that rule over everything else."

"Then there was Cell! You let Cell complete himself and you tried to do bodily harm to our son, so that the deed could be done and for what... huh? Why was that so important? I'll tell you why, you selfish bastard, for your stupid pride and honor."

"Are you through?" Vegeta's face had gone cold, his voice matching the expression. Stupid pride and honor? He had bonded with her earlier, had stooped so low as to bond with a damn weak earthling and she had the nerve to say this to him?

"I have spent the majority of my life in the service of a tyrant, been forced to bow and scrape and discard everything I held dear so that I could survive him. Then I come to this worthless planet and meet up with Kakkarot who hands me a defeat unlike any I have ever experienced. Worse than that, he spared my life as if I needed his help. Before I can fully avenge my honor, I have to watch him defeat my oppressor and the destroyer of my planet and my race as a Supersaiyan. I was supposed to be the Legendary... the only legendary, but no, he had it first... a worthless, third-class idiot, achieved my destiny. I was forced to bide my time here on earth with you and your stupid friends, while I trained to defeat him, only to be sidetracked by those mechanical pieces of junk and Cell." Vegeta grabbed her arms, hauling her up against him. "He is dead, woman. Kakkarot is dead and I will never have the chance to regain any of my honor or my pride and they are all I have." He shoved her away, turning his back on her.

"Vegeta, your pride and honor are not the only thing you have." Bulma moved to face him. "You have me and you have Trunks. Dammit, why can't you just see that and accept us into your life? I love you Vegeta." Bulma met his eyes as she spat out the words. "I love you and I am worthy of yours. I am not some weak fool you have to settle for, but a strong-minded woman who is your equal in every way. You have only to accept that as the truth."

"I told you, woman, that I have no concept of love and you are hardly my equal in strength. Not like a Saiyan woman would be." Vegeta shut his eyes at her admission, unable to look at the sapphire pools that held all the love he just could not give back and wishing... wishing he were a different man. One that could easily accept all she had to offer and be satisfied. He wanted to, but he just couldn't. It wasn't who he was and his self-identity was all he had left and even that was on shaky ground. To willingly give that up was tantamount to... to.... he shuddered violently, unable to fathom the depth of what she was asking of him. "I give you what I can, woman, and I see you for what you are." Vegeta whispered hoarsely. " I give you as much as I am able to and it is more than I have ever given another."

"Can you even say you care for me Vegeta? Or am I just the person you sleep with when you need sex? Someone who is second best to the preferred race." Bulma knew that she should be pleased with his small admission, but still... in four years of a hellish relationship, he had never said once that he truly cared, always reminding her that she was not his ideal, that he would have been happier with anything else but her. The few times that something had slipped, he had recanted it quickly and covered it with harshness. Right now, Bulma wanted and needed more. She was tired of being second best to everything else.

"How can you say that to me, after what I gave you this afternoon? Do you think it was easy to make the decision to bond with you fully? Do you have any concept of the magnitude of what that meant for me?" His voice shook with pent-up emotion. "We would be united in marriage if that idiot Yamcha had not interrupted us." Vegeta's eyes pierced into hers.

"Marriage? What do you mean? How can we be married?" Bulma stared at him increduously. "I don't recall going through any formal ceremony with you. Come to think of it I don't recall your asking me to be your wife? Did I miss something?"

"We are mated... we have been mated since the last little excursion with these creatures." Vegeta took a step towards her, eyes glowering with heat. "I never completed it. What I did to you this afternoon, what I offered you... that was called bonding and while we have a tenuous connection without doing it, true bonding unites the souls for all time, and weaves them together, almost as if they are one. We will always feel what the other feels. You started to accept it this afternoon until that bastard showed up. Is that enough for you?" Vegeta looked away, eyes narrowed in disgust.

"Kami, that was what that was? It was so intense and even now, I want to complete it... I felt so disappointed when you pulled away from me." Bulma narrowed her eyes in concentration. "You're very angry right now and hurt... I can sense that from you."

Vegeta looked away, not wanting to admit that she might have hurt him, noticing Omar standing in the background, watching them both with interest. He scowled. The bastard had heard everything. Maybe he should kill him.

Bulma wound her arms around his neck, pulling herself against him. "Vegeta," She murmured into his ear, sending a jolt of electricity racing through his spine.

Vegeta managed to suppress the shiver. He'd be damned if he would let her see how much her closeness affected him.

"I would love to bond with you." The whole idea of uniting her soul to his left her weak-kneed. Maybe she would come to understand him better. "Perhaps, it's something you need to think more about though. I'm not going to join myself to a man who will always want something better or put me last to everything else. I am who I am, and I am proud of that. I want my husband to feel the same way and I want him to be there for me."

Vegeta turned to stare at her, his black eyes inscrutable. "Who says I even want to bond with you anymore?" He almost smirked at her outraged expression. She was so easy to manipulate.

Bulma released him and took a hasty step back, cheeks aflame. Why did she keep getting suckered by this man? "Fine, I guess I misunderstood. It appears you've thought it over already." She looked stiffly away. She would not give him the satisfaction of blowing up.

Vegeta regarded her for a moment, allowing her to suffer briefly, before pulling her back towards him and smirking.

"Come home with me now and we will finish what we started. I have thought plenty about it, woman." His mouth pressed against her ear causing her to shiver. "I would not be doing it if I wasn't sure."

Bulma stared into his eyes, gauging the depths of his feelings for her. Did she dare? Yes, he was worth going through just about anything. When he wanted to be, Vegeta could be the Prince he truly was.

"I want to, Vegeta, but I... I have to finish this here. Omar can help me figure out what is going on within my mind and I have to do that or I will go crazy." Bulma stared imploringly into his eyes, hoping he would understand.

Vegeta stared at her for a long moment. "We can deal with this at home."

"Maybe, but I'm here now and so is he and I need him to do this so I can get it resolved. I feel like I will go insane if I don't get Teya out of my head."

Vegeta sighed, feeling the tension leave his body in a rush. "Fine, but make it quick." He turned his black gaze to Omar. "Do whatever you have to, but make it fast. I do not want her here any longer than neccesary."

Bulma smiled and turned back to Omar. "What now?"

Vegeta stepped back, quickly scanning the area for any energy signals. He could well remember the exact feel of Teya's ki and he knew he would recognize it instantly if he felt it again. Like the other night, coming home... he'd felt it then. He whirled abruptly as he caught a trace of it... at Capsule Corporation.

"Shit!"

Bulma looked at him questioningly. "What is it?"

"I don't know, but I need to go check it out. It's at Capsule Corporation."

"Is it Teya?" Bulma asked fearfully.

"I don't know, woman." He grated out, moving to the door, "But I... she had a certain aura that surrounded her, one I haven't forgotten and I can sense it at the corporation."

"I'll come with you!" Bulma hurried to follow him, but he stopped her with a look.

"No! You stay here until I come back to get you. I don't need you underfoot while I see what in the hell is going on." Vegeta shuddered at the idea that Teya might get a hold of her again.

"Vegeta! You might need my help."

"For what? Getting yourself caught and killed? For once do as I tell you. I'll come back for you when I can."

"Dammit Vegeta!" Bulma narrowed her eyes at him as he left. "You stubborn bastard. Be careful!" She jumped as she felt a hand clasp her shoulder.

"He'll be alright." Omar's deep voice broke the silence as he attempted to reassure her.

"Not against her, she is evil and she wants his soul... to serve Set." Bulma shut her eyes, trying to contact Teya. If the bitch could reach her, why couldn't she reach back.

Teya, where are you, bitch?

Don't worry, little Bulma. I'll take good care of him. He will soon forget you ever existed.

The hell he will. Vegeta is mine, and I will never let you have him!

I'm waiting for him, Bulma. I'm waiting for him to come and soon I will take him completely.

NO! Bulma felt Omar's arms go around her in support as she slumped downward from the force of Teya's intrusion into her brain.

Teya! Where was the damn bitch? Teya! She heard nothing but empty silence.

"We have to go!" Bulma turned to Omar. "She's set some kind of trap for him, we have to go!"

"Bulma, you heard what he said and he's right. If she lures you there and then gets a hold of you, she could use that against him. You need to trust him to look after himself."

"Omar, I love him. It has nothing to do with not trusting him. He is the strongest man I know, but he can't fight this... not alone. I refuse to allow him to lose everything he has managed to gain since Frieza. I will not let her get him. You can either help me or you can stay here."

Bulma turned and ran out the door, leaving him standing alone. "Dammit Bulma. You are going to get us all killed." Omar ran after her, determined to catch up. He needed her to help him defeat Teya and Seti, he would not let her die now.

 

******************

 

"Pharoah Seti, we await you command." The half-decayed soldier rasped out as he stood patiently awaiting his commands.

Seti observed him with a smile. He could give them all the elixir of life, grant them their bodies back and eternal youth in a heartbeat... but they looked so much more frightening this way. Nothing stood against him in the face of such terror. No, his army was a work of Set. Lethal, terrifying and completely unbeatable. They were perfect.

"Are we ready to march on the first city?" Seti glanced out into the open-courtyard, observing the hot sun that beat down upon his city. Ahh, it was so glorious here. The perfect place to launch an attack. He would start here and he would expand around the world and when he was done the entire planet would tremble at his name.

"The troops are massed just outside the city, awaiting your final command."

Seti smiled. "Then by all means, launch your first attack. I want women and children brought before me. They will make excellent slaves and sacrifices to Set. Kill all who resist or refuse to pay homage to Set."

The soldier bowed his rotting head, giving Seti a clear view at the empty void that had, at one time, housed the man's brain.

"As you wish, My Pharoah." The soldier turned on his skeletal legs and departed, leaving Seti alone with his thoughts.

Teya, I wonder if you have captured the woman yet? She will be a fine gift to Set once you have. Seti sat back in his throne and relaxed. Everything was falling into place and soon, the world would be his.

 

******************

 

Teya, fingered the brush that lay on the vanity against the wall, removing it from its resting place before walking slowly towards the bed. His scent was all over the place, but it was especially strong here where he... no, they slept. The heavy, heady scent mingled with the girl's on the bed and left her aroused for him. Teya studied the brush for a moment, narrowing her eyes as she looked at it intently. Her plan had been set into motion. He was on his way here and the girl had been lured out as well. She smiled as she pulled the small vial of powder she had brought with her, laying it down on the nightstand. First she would need something to distract him for awhile, while she accomplished what she needed to with the girl. Something that would keep his mind off of his little woman. The powder contained the dust of her priests. There would be more then enough to keep him occupied once she brought them back to life. She shut her eyes, reciting the ancient incantation as she spread the dust over every part of the room.

Teya smiled widely as her minons came to life before her eyes, dust swirling about as it took the shape of her warriors, her Priests and guards. Of course without Seti's elixir, they would be horrible to gaze upon. Maybe that was the best way. Something to frighten all the people.

Teya smiled as she trailed a hand through the dry tissue of one of her Priest's. "Defend our palace." She spread her hands wide, encompassing the room and and beyond. "A man comes to harm us, you must defend me."

"As you wish, my Queen." The first Priest bowed low, his deep voice rumbling through the dry remains of his chest.

"Spread through the grounds, and do not leave it until I command you to. Keep him occupied."

She watched as the moved to follow her command, spreading through the house like vines. Shimming down the side of the house and throughout the grounds.

Teya searched out the girl, pleased to feel her on the move. She had fallen for the trap and Vegeta was on his way here. She needed to be gone... for now. She had purposefully let him get a sense of her being here, enough of one to trip his alarms. He'd be back any moment. Teya quickly pulled out another small vial, emptying its contents into her hand. Just one more thing before she left. Quickly she blew the powder out with one deep breath, turning her body as she blew so that the stench of it hung heavily in the air.

"Soon Vegeta, soon."

 

*******************

 

Bulma decapsulated the 'copter in the dimly lit parking lot, nodding as Omar skidded to a halt on the wet pavement beside her.

"Thank you," She breathed. "I appreciate your assistance."

"Don't thank me yet. We haven't gotten there yet and things may be beyond our control. Vegeta may have to be sacrificed in this battle."

"Over my dead body." Bulma stared daggers at the man.

"That might yet come to pass, Bulma, if you don't have a care." Omar met her gaze coolly.

"Is that a threat?"

"Hardly, but Bulma you have to look at the bigger picture. Vegeta might have to be sacrificed for the greater good, just as you or I might. Billions of lives are at stake. The future of this very planet. Three lives do not amount to much when compared to that."

Bulma opened her mouth to argue, but was silenced as a pair of skeletal hands wrapped around her in a bone-crushing grip. She screamed as more materialized around her, followed by Teya herself, who walked slowly towards her, dressed in next to nothing.

Teya smiled wickedly as the girl struggled against the grip of the Priest. Finally collapsing against him as he crushed her body to him, cracking ribs in the process.

Bulma could barely breathe as she was bodily lifted and carried towards a black car.

"Bulma!" Omar had started forward with the intention of helping her, but had been forced to fight off his own attackers, battling three more Priests as they came at him. Dammit, he had left his scimitar in his room. He watched her body slump against her attacker and tried to intercept her as they carried her towards a black car parked further down. The attackers had seemingly materialized from no-where and he had not even seen the car. What in the hell was happening? He whirled suddenly, staring with horror into Teya's black eyes. She smiled, wrapping her hand around his throat and lifting him up.

"Your services are no longer needed. We'll take good care of her, I promise." She squeezed, closing off his air-supply, even as he struggled against her. He wrapped his hands around her, trying to loosen her hold, blackness creeping along the edges of his brain. She was so strong. He couldn't beat her.

Teya tossed him aside, watching as his body hit the pavement with a thud. "Little Bulma will be just fine." She turned, walking back towards the car. Looking in, she smiled at the cowering woman who sat in the back seat held in the tight grip of a Priest.

"Hello, Bulma. It's good to see you again." Teya slid in, closing the door, before turning towards the frightened girl. "Don't worry, I'm not going to kill you... yet. I need something from you first and you..." she paused, sweeping a gentle hand through the silk of Bulma's hair; smiling lightly. "You are going to give it to me."

 

*******************

Vegeta landed on the front lawn of the Corporation lightly, scanning the grounds for any sense of Teya's ki. Nothing. The grounds were strangely silent and empty. He was positive he had sensed her, it had been unmistakeable. Her energy was like death itself and hard to mistake. He would survey the grounds first, before moving to the main house and Bulma's lab.

He turned towards the gravity room, moving silent and cat-like towards the room that sat seperate from the grounds. Shocked, he watched as two skeletal mummies advanced on him from the shadows. He powered up to Supersaiyan, thrilling to the familiar flow of energy. He was so much stronger than when he had first taken these bastards on.

Vegeta side-stepped the first attackers assault easily, spinning and delivering a stunning blow across its decaying back. He watched, satisfied as it exploded into a cloud of dust. His eyes widened in horror as he watched it re-shape itself and turn back to him, leering.

"Fuck!" He threw a right-hook into the second attacker's jaw, swiveling its head completely around. He would need to use something more powwerful than his hits. Flying upwards, he was shocked to see the second attacker grab hold of his ankle, preventing him fromhis upward flight. "What?" He gasped, before he felt himself yanked down and thrown hard into the ground. He leapt up, just as four more rushed at him, all clawing and grasping at him.

Vegeta flared his aura, sending them flying. Damn the bastard creatures. He flew upward.

"Vegeta!"

Vegeta looked to his right and saw the Namek and Gohan hovering a few feet away.

"Vegeta! Are those what I think they are?" Gohan looked down at the mass of half-dead soldiers that waitd them.

"What does it look like brat?" Vegeta growled, jerking his hands together. He would use his Final Flash on them and destroy them all in one fell swoop. He roared with the power that flowed through him as he gathered the energy ball, finally sending it flying towards the ground below.

"FINAL FLASH!" Vegeta screamed as he released it.

He watched, body heaving from the expenditure of energy, as it rocketed towards the clueless mummies, and exploded in a blaze of heat and power. He smiled as the smoke cleared revealing nothing but the empty, crater marked lawn before.

"Bulma is going to kill you!" Gohan cried. "You blew away half of her yard."

And his gravity room as well, though he had used as low a blast as he could. Damn the things. He lowered himself to the ground, furious at the damage that had been done. Now he would have to wait until she could rebuild him a gravity room before he could start training again. He watched through half-veiled eyes as Piccolo and Gohan lowered themselves next to him.

"What are you two doing to here?" He growled, irritated that he was not alone.

"I was up visiting Dende, when Piccolo and I both felt you power up. Dende said there might be trouble. We came to help. Vegeta, are those things back?" Gohan looked up at the Prince, concern written across his face. "We had a heck of a time getting rid of them the last time... I don't want to think that they are all back."

"Look out!" Piccolo cried as he watched the scattered dust fly together and begin to re-shape. "They are re-forming themselves." He lowered himself into a fighting stance, preparing to do battle with the mummies.

"Shit!" He had destroyed his damn gravity room for nothing! Vegeta lowered himself into a battle stance, preparing himself as well, noting that Kakkarot's brat had done the same thing, flaring into Supersaiyan as he did so. The brat was Supersaiyan two, that might prove useful. It was apparent that the only way to defeat the things was to destroy every bit of their dust. It would probably mean that he would have to use a more intense blast with the hope of incinerating them. Dammit, he hoped he didn't have to destroy the whole of the Corportation to do it. Bulma would kill him.

*******************

Teya smiled at Bulma, leaning towards her. "You are going to give me everything I need to take Vegeta. Then together, he and I will kill you." Teya raised her eyebrows as the girl shook her head violently in disagreement.

"Oh yes, little Bulma, I'm afraid there is little you can do to stop me now." Her eyes glowed with an almost inhuman light. "You see, he is filled with rage and despair... I have read that much through you. Much has happened to the Prince in his relatively short life. He needs only a small push before he is ready to give in completely to what I offer. You are the last remaining obstacle and I will deal with you now."

"No! I won't help you." Bulma spat out weakly. "You might as well kill me now, because I will not give you anything you need to destroy him."

"You already have." Teya shut her eyes, invading the girl's mind.

Bulma gasped as Teya's presence filled her brain, overpowering her, sorting through memories and feelings, searching out every part of her. She tried to block her off, trembled with the effort to do so, but in the end she failed. She collapsed weakly against the seat of the car as Teya absorbed everything from her, memory, knowledge, personality.

"Why are you doing this?" Bulma gasped out. "He's not evil, not completely. He won't come to you willingly."

"He can be driven over, just like Seti was, with the right ammunition." Teya smiled as she pulled another small vial from a pocket in her cloak. "You're the ammunition. With you, I can have everything I want."

The contents were liquid, Bulma thought weakly. She watched in dread as Teya drank the concoction down, uttering some ancient incantation as she leaned back against the seat. Bulma watched in shocked horror as the woman's features began to shift and change. It was her! Teya had somehow used her magic to change her face into an exact replice of... her. Oh Kami, Vegeta!

Bulma shut her eyes, trying with everything she had to reach him with some kind of feeing. He had said he could only pick out vague feeings, not communicate since they had not finished bonding. She slumped wearily against the seat, her mind and body spent with the previous effort of fighting Teya within her mind.

She watched in horror as Teya turned towards her with her face and smiled. "Tonight, Bulma, Vegeta will be mine."

******************

Vegeta had made it into the house, battling mummy after mummy in his attempt to destroy them. They were everywhere. Teya must have sent the whole damn army. Damn them, he would not let them carry out their plans. This was his planet, not theirs and it was his woman they wanted to kill and his soul they wanted to take. He would be damned if they got it. He'd only just retrieved it completely from Frieza, he'd not be handing it to anyone else again... with the possible exception of Bulma.

He rapid-fired the mummy off the balcony, whirling as another one rushed him from behind. Below him he could hear the sounds of Piccolo and Gohan as they battled against their own attackers.

Vegeta threw punch after punch watching in shocked disbelief as the creature disintegrated before his eyes. He looked wildly around. Where had the thing gone? He looked over the edge of the balcony seeing that the others were gone as well and the grounds of the Corporation were completely empty.

"Where'd they go?" Gohan yelled. "One minute I'm fighting for my life and the next they completely disappeared."

"I don't know kid, but it's my bet they won't stay gone for long. We need to come up with some plan of action that might actually work against them." Piccolo wiped his sweaty brow, spent from the large amount of energy he had been forced to put out. He had no idea what they were dealing with, but it had not been pleasant. They had reeked with the stench of death and evil. Somehow he was not surprised they had sought out Vegeta.

Vegeta looked around the bedroom, noticing, for the first time, the strange odor that clung heavily in the air. What was that? He inhaled deeply, trying to place it, grimacing as he felt the room sway around him. He looked around, unnerved as he watched the furniture move. Vegeta blinked his eyes in an attempt to clear them. Everything seemed so hazy now. He turned back towards the window. Perhaps some fresh air would clear his brain.

Vegeta flew down the ground, growling. "You can all go now. I don't recall asking for your assistance. This is my home, I am more than capable of defending it without your help."

"You're welcome, Vegeta. Glad we could be of assistance." Piccolo growled back at him, looking up at the sounds of a copter landing near the front yard.

"Damn that woman! Does she do anything I tell her to do?" Vegeta snarled as he stalked towards the front yard to confront his mate.

Piccolo glanced at Gohan, grinning. Bulma certainly seemed to have the irate Saiyan's number. They followed at a discreet pace, both smiling in amusement as Vegeta greeted the blue-haired woman that walked towards them.

"Dammit woman! Did I tell you to stay put until I came for you?" Vegeta stopped and glared at his mate, making sure to open his feelings of anger and displeasure at her through the half done bond.

"I'm sorry, Vegeta. I couldn't stay away any longer." She brushed past him, continuing on towards Piccolo and Gohan. "This is my home you know, I have a right to be here as much as you do."

Vegeta turned and watched, eyes narrowed dangerously, as she approached the Namek and the brat. Had she just dismissed him? Stupid woman. Did she have any idea how much danger she could be in?

"Gohan, how have you been and how's your Mom?"

"She's great, Bulma. Hey, where's Trunks?"

"He's with his Grandparents. They took him on a little vacation to an amusement park."

"Thank goodness! It's pretty dangerous around her, with Teya on the loose."

Vegeta watched as she turned back towards him. "Was there something here?"

"Some undead army. How do you know they're gone, woman?"

She sidled up to him, smiling. "I don't, Vegeta, but I know I'm safe with you." She ran a finger lightly up his chest, watching as he shivered. "You'd never let Teya take me would you?"

"I'd die protecting you, woman." Vegeta growled lightly. Something about her eyes, he couldn't look away from them, nor could he lie to her. As much as he wanted to deny her the admission, he found he couldn't.

"Perhaps we should be going." Gohan blushed at the sudden intensity that had flared between Vegeta and Bulma. "If you need anything , let us know."

Piccolo grunted in reply, before rocketing off, followed closely by Gohan.

Vegeta turned back to his woman. "Why did you come back here?"

"I was worried about you, Vegeta. I thought maybe Teya had set a trap for you. I'm sorry Vegeta, but I just couldn't let you deal with this alone."

He grunted in reply, breaking off the eye contact with her and brushing past her to walk towards the house.

"Vegeta, are you that upset at me?" She ran to catch up to him.

"More than upset, I'm furious." Vegeta stopped and whirled to face her. "What if they had gotten a hold of you woman? What then?"

Bulma regarded him seriously for a moment before smiling lightly at him. "I'm sorry, Vegeta. I have no excuse, save one," She ran her hands up under the loose black shirt he wore. "Vegeta," she purred. "I couldn't stay away from you." She ran her hand back down, unbuttoning his pants and sliding them lower. "I want you now, Vegeta."

Vegeta looked at her in shock, trying to ignore the things her hand was doing to him. What in the hell had gotten into her? He had just fought a major battle, yelled at her for disobeying him and now she wanted to bed him on the front lawn? With effort he pushed her away.

"Woman? What in the hell is your problem?" He turned and walked inside, leaving her standing on the porch.

She followed him in. "I haven't been able to get the bond off my mind Vegeta." She closed the door behind her. "All night, since we talked, I have wanted to finish it." She looked at him through slitted eyes.

Vegeta turned to face her, eye softening for the briefest of moments before hardening again. "I have the same need woman, but now is not the time. I don't know if those things will come back. I do not want to be caught off guard."

She walked to him, sliding her hand down to clasp him loosely. "We have the security system. If you keep thinking up excuses I'm going to have to believe that you changed your mind." She was rewarded by a low growl as she continued her slow motions.

"Woman, I..." Vegeta gasped as she increased her tempo, unconsciously leaning towards her. God what she was doing... it was incredible.

"It won't take long. I won't distract you. I promise. I just need this, Vegeta. Please." She batted her blue eyes at him.

"W--woman, " Vegeta grated out hoarsely. "If we do this, we'll be doing it all night. I'm not going to rush." He opened his eyes and met hers, surprised by the almost predatory look in them. Oh God, he wanted this so badly. He could never get enough of her and maybe he could bond with her and finally make her his completely. Teya was not here, and he would only need a moment to be ready... what did it matter?

"I need you, Vegeta." She continued to rub him, watching as he slowly lost the battle with his desire, exhulting in the low moan that erupted from him.

"W--woman, " Vegeta began shakily as he snaked his arms around her, pulling her hard against him. "What has gotten into you?" He slipped his hands up under her shirt, lost within her eyes yet again as she stared deeply into his. He inhaled sharply as her hands tightened on him, his sharp sense of smell taking in the peculiar odor he had smelled earlier. He leaned against her in an attempt to retain his balance and not fall over as a heavy fog descended upon his brain like a thick blanket. He blinked his eyes in a futile attempt to clear them. Vegeta wanted to push her away until he had settled himself, but he couldn't. Her hands were doing such wonderful things to him and he felt so... so light headed and good.

Vegeta growled as she ripped off his shirt, baring his chest to her. She had never been this forceful before and she had always been somewhat aggressive with him. He had always wondered what it would be like with her if she were Saiyan or if she just let go and roughed him up a bit. Not that she was capable of it. His woman was too gentle at heart.

She pushed his body back against the wall, shocking him. What had gotten into her? As she ripped the rest of his clothes from his body, he found now that this wasn't right, though he had no will whatsoever to fight it. Something about this wasn't right, but all he could do was lean back and let her have her way. He could barely form a cognizant word, let alone stop what was happening to him.

"B-Bulma, " Vegeta began, only to have her mouth cover his in a heated kiss, sliding down his body to take him in her mouth. He thought about pushing her off and leaving her to cool down, but the feel of her mouth sliding over his very hard shaft changed his mind and it only served to weaken his already incapicitated thought process. Did it matter how she acted or whether there seemed to be something oddly different about her? Nothing he could really pinpoint, just an an odd feeling he had. He couldn't even really smell her, all he could smell was that shit that he had inhaled earlier. Remnants of the previous battle and the oddness of it all more then likely. His woman was here, making love to him and that was all that mattered. Maybe now he could finish that bond. He didn't care about anything else.

Vegeta lifted her up and pushed her against the wall, ripping the thin dress from her body and sliding into her in one fluid motion.

"Yes!" She screamed, raking her hands down his back and drawing blood. It was all going to plan now. Everything was falling into place. She had him right where she wanted. She smiled down at him as he moved powerfully within her, thrusting back against him frantically. Her eyes slipped closed as wave after wave of pleasure shot through her body. He was incredible.

Vegeta frowned at her, unsure why he was displeased. He'd wanted the wild hellion side of her to come out, hadn't he? Still the way she was moving against him, wasn't right. What was wrong with her? He much preferred the sensual slide of her easy motions as she rocked against him. How had he ever thought he wanted something different? He closed his eyes as another wave of dizziness swept through him. What was wrong with him?

"Bulma, " He moaned. "Slower, go slower..." Vegeta slowed his motions, forcing her back against the wall, rearing back at the scream of pleasure that escaped her. What was with her? She always moaned so sensually into his ear, always urging him to do more and to love her better. This just wasn't his woman. Had he upset her that badly that she felt the need to prove something to him? His hands slipped up along the fine skin of her back and up her neck forcing her down to meet his mouth. God, even her skin felt off. What was wrong with him?

Vegeta had managed to stifle her actions a bit though she still acted like a half-mad animal. He couldn't believe he had ever wanted her to act like this. It had never been anything he had given voice to, just a whimsical thought that had passed through his mind from time to time, but right now he would give anything for his gentle, skillful lover. The lover that knew every place to touch him to drive him mad, who could enflame him beyond any sense and who took her time and brought him to his knees. His woman was like a wild-cat tonight and truth be told, he was hating it. By rights, he should stop it here and now and walk away from her until she had calmed herself down, but he couldn't. His body was beyond need now and his mind couldn't form the proper instruction to actually do it. She had long ago pushed him towards something primal and dangerous and her rough actions had unleashed within him the own animal side to his nature. Now he needed to dominate and show her who in the hell was boss.

Vegeta thrust into her hard and fast, giving her what she seemed to need, knowing somewhere deep within himself that she was not built for this kind of action or strength. He was too far lost in this instinctual need to bring her under his control. She had started this little game and he would see it finished. He felt a jolt go through him as her teeth grazed the skin if his neck. Did she... did she want to mark him? His heart thundered in his chest at the idea. Growling deep within his throat he shut his eyes and began to form the tenuous link that he had started with her earlier. They would finish this bond now and maybe then, things would calm down a bit.

"Yes!" She gasped as he assailed her with overpowering emotion and thought, grappling to regain her control. If she slipped now, she would reveal herself. His soul. Could it be this easy? She smiled and rose up to meet his punishing thrusts, smiling as he lost himself in a wave of pleasure. I have you now, Vegeta. I have you now.

Vegeta stared into her eyes, shocked once again by the predatory gleam, but losing himself in them completetely. What had happened to her? Had he finally driven her over the edge?

"Woman, " Vegeta grated out hoarsely, slowing his movements against her. He felt shame flow through him at his actions. She was a human and far too delicate for the pounding he had been giving her. That she had asked for it was a moot point. He could at least give her gentleness for the bonding. "Bulma." Vegeta whispered against her neck as he continued the flow of his emotions into her, fully expecting her to share her own. She needed to hurry, his climax was coming and coming fast and he wasn't sure how much longer he could hold it back. He was near desperate to have this complete between them. A feeling he didn't want to even begin to contemplate. Unsteadily, his senses still clouded, he staggered over to the sofa and brought them both down to lay. Vegeta held her waist as she moved above him. He moaned as a wave of pleasure shot through him. Struggling to concentrate he levitated them up, flipping her under him as he lowered them back down and taking control, desperate to finish it completely.

She came before he did, even as she pushed her own thoughts and feelings back at him, showing him the blackness of her soul just as he cried out with his own pleasure and sunk his teeth into the skin of her neck, spilling himself into her. All these emotions and feelings. His soul was as black as hers and now they could be united. The only difference in them was in how he perceived himself while he was with the foolish woman he had chosen for himself. That alone kept him from losing himself completely in the grips of his rage and despair. She had only to reach those two things and his soul would be hers. She watched him as he came, aware immediately when he knew that he had not slept with his woman, but instead had given himself to his enemy.

Vegeta growled in fury and outrage as he pushed himself away from her, staggering back. What had he just done? That wasn't Bulma, that wasn't his woman... it was Teya. He moaned in agony at the mistake. Dammit, he had known, something in him had known and he had ignored it in his desperation to have her.

Vegeta watched her through slitted eyes as she smiled at him.

"I made sure to broadcast that to the real Bulma. Now she knows that fighting for you is hopeless. You're mine now." Teya gasped as he lunged towards her, wrapping his hands around her neck.

"I will kill you bitch, for what you have done." Vegeta snarled in fury as he squeezed the life from her neck.

Teya smiled, lifting her hand and sending him flying with the smallest of motion. "I see you aren't quite ready to join the winning side." She walked to him, staring down at him as she held him motionless with flick of her wrist. "As strong as you are, your powers are minimal compared to mine. Think about that."

Vegeta stared up at her in rage, watching, shocked, as her face contorted and faded ,sliding back to her original form. He thought he might be sick. He had bonded to her, he had actually bonded to her and Bulma, Bulma was lost to him. He reached out in desperation trying to find his woman, to touch her mind in some way but he couldn't. All he could feel was Teya's disgusting presence within every pore of his body.

I have to go and take care of the real Bulma now. Her voice flooded though his brain.

Damn you bitch, I will find you and I will rip your heart out. His tone promised death.

Should be an interesting chase, love or should I say, mate? Isn't that what you call it?

She is my mate, not you. This changes nothing.

Oh, we'll see, we'll see. It'll be hard to mate with her if she's dead. Her tone held the barest hint of mockery.

If you touch her, you will never have me. Vegeta growled.

I already have you. Teya reached down to gather her clothes, smiling as she pulled out the small vial of potion that she had used against him earlier. It had dimmed his brain and slowed him down, ensuring that he would notice nothing different about her. She would use it now to ensure that he could not follow her too quickly.

Vegeta watched as she blew a loose powder through the air. He held his breath, trying to keep himself from breathing it in, but she would not let him, using her powers to wrack his body with pain. He inhaled sharply, breathing the dust in. The same smell as before. So that is how she had gotten him to be so unfocused. He tried to fight the blackness that was trying to overtake him, but he failed, finally giving himself up to its merciful absolution. His last thought settling on the woman he had failed.

"Bulma," He murmured. "Bulma."

* * * * *


Table of Contents
Chapter 1
Chapter 3