Disclaimer: I do not own DBZ or the characters attributed to this series.

Forward: This seems to be my most popular work to date, so for all of you that enjoyed The Rising; here is part2 Shattered Tranquility. Hope you enjoy. Lisa

 

Author's Note: My how things can change so quickly...in a blink of an eye. Shattered Tranquility are two words that describe so many of us this week. I hope that by releasing this piece of work earlier then I expected that I can go so far as to perhaps distract some of you--however briefly--from the horrors we have seen and endured.

 

CHAPTER ONE

 

3500 BC...Ancient Egypt--Thebes

 

He watched her bathe, entranced by her graceful beauty. Like a gazelle; she was as sleek and smooth as the wild ones that he hunted. Nefertit was the crowning glory in his brief reign as Pharoah. She was a Queen of uncommon beauty, grace and dignity. Setihamentep smiled broadly. Perfect in every way.

She was his. He shut his eyes for the briefest of moments, trying to comprehend that a creature with so much to offer would choose him a a husband. By his own eyes he was hardly what she deserved, but he would not let self-doubt cloud their future. He was the Pharoah now, and she was his Queen. Together they would build a legacy that would be remembered until the end of time.

Nefertit turned in the crystal clear water, glancing furtively at her new husband; smiling shyly at his close regard. Seti was so young, like she. Barely eighteen and so handsome; pharoah of all the land. Nefertit could hardly fathom that she was his Queen.

"So shy, my Queen?" His deep, lulling voice sent a shiver up her spine. She watched as he shrugged off his robe, leaving him naked before her.

Nefertit smiled demurely. She had never seen a naked man before, and Seti was the epitome of strength and beauty. She stood in the bath, her arms crossing shyly across her chest. Seti found the motion enchanting and innocent.

"I've never done this before...husband." Nefertit tested the word--husband--letting it roll off her tongue. She smiled at his pleased expression.

"Neither have I." Seti slid into the cool water, propelling himself towards her. His arms embracing her..."Let us learn together."

**********************

 

Present day-Capsule Corporation

 

Bulma jerked awake, the crashing boom of thunder echoing in the distance. Kami, it was still raining. They were going to be flooded at this rate.

He'd come back...she turned her head slightly, assuring herself that he hadn't been a dream. A hallucination conjured by her demented brain.

He'd come back and not left. Bulma reached a hand out hesitantly to touch him, letting it slide over the sharp contours of his face. His eyes flickered open, watching her closely; smirking after a moment; his expression smugly confident.

"Do you see something you like, woman?" His arm snaked out, curling around her, sending a jolt of electricity straight through her; the simple touch leaving her burned.

"Not particularly." Bulma's mouth twitched at the look of mock outrage on Vegeta's face; her eyes not missing the glint of amusement that flickered in his eyes.

"You'll pay for that, woman." Vegeta rolled onto her; his face inches above hers.

Bulma's arms entwined around his neck, tugging him down to her mouth insistently; her body igniting to his touch. Kami, his mouth was everywhere. Hot and burning and needy and... oh Kami. Her body arched up in an attempt to get closer, to kindle his passions as he had aroused hers. Vegeta pushed her back down; thrusting himself smoothly into her and stopping, holding himself rigidly above her.

Bulma gasped with his entry; her breath ragged and panting from the force of his entry. Another crash of thunder resonated through the room, breaking the silence. She jumped, startled by the sound. Vegeta stared down at her, his eyes blazing with desire--half-lidded and sensuous and so very...very beautiful. She pushed up against him, urging him to move. He clenched his teeth, fighting against the wave of pleasure her movement had shot through him; but she wasn't done. Vegeta bowed his head in near agony as she moved against him sending more waves of pleasure and more and...

"I told you, I'd make you pay, woman." His voice harsh with strain. "Not me, you. " His eyes narrowed dangerously.

Vegeta moved within her slowly, leisurely; savoring the feel of her against him; the way her lithe body molded to his sharp contours perfectly, the way she fit him like a glove. He was like a man lost in the desert, thirsting for water. Last night had only been a taste and now that he had his taste of water; he wanted more and more and more. He wanted to reaquaint himself with her and her body. Vegeta didn't think he would ever get enough of her. He'd stayed away as long as he could; fought the urges that demanded he give into himself and return to her and his son until finally his will had been vanquished from him and he had returned a defeated man.

Bulma was aware of nothing but him, feeling him joined to her; their bodies connected as intimately as two people could possibly be. She wanted his body and his mind and his soul. She wanted Vegeta to give himself freely to her, to stop fighting and witholding himself, to stop denying the connection they shared.. She wanted...oh Kami...she wanted.

Her mind flew from her as he moved faster and faster; his mouth and hands exploring over every square inch of her body, driving her over the edge and setting her afire.

"Vegeta...oh Kami, Vegeta!" Bulma came; lost in a haze of pleasure, clinging to him for her life. Certain that if she let go, she would simply melt away and cease to exist.

Vegeta could feel it coming; building and building and building until he had no control, until he was lost in it; the rushing swell of pleasure threatening to overtake him. He buried his head in her silky hair, her name a harsh, ragged moan on his lips; torn from him unwillingly. She was his...she was his...she was his...the thought churned through his head over and over as he struggled for control; his well-honed discipline having fled him with their first touch. He crushed himself against her in an attempt to still his shaking body; vaguely becoming aware of her struggling against him; her small hands pushing hard against him. He rose up in confusion, realizing that he was crushing her in a deathgrip; clinging to her for his life. Afraid to hang on, afraid to let go. Vegeta rolled over quickly, releasing her; his body still trembling violently from the force of his climax and the effort it had taken to hold his emotions in check.

Bulma lay gasping for air, her body nearly crushed from the hold he'd had on her. She rolled over, propping herself on an elbow to look down at him laying silent and aloof; his eyes focused on some spot on the ceiling.

"Vegeta?" She queried quietly, grinning suddenly in playfullness; tracing her hand through the fine sheen of sweat that shone on his chest. "Did you make me pay?"

Vegeta turned towards her, his eyes dark and aloof. Bulma recognized the signs of his withdrawal. She had certainly seen it often enough; he was overcome by his emotions--frightened--so he just simply shut down and pretended they didn't exist. Along with her and Trunks. Bulma swallowed her hurt and rolled over, slipping out of bed. There was no point in conversing with him any further; she had her pride after all and she had promised herself long ago, she would no longer beg him for something he refused to feel. She would probably be lucky if he didn't take flight and never come back.

Vegeta lay silently, watching the swift change of her emotions; the sharp glint of hurt replaced by a more steely determination. The passion-flushed face shutting down; retreating away from him. She rolled away, sliding silently out from the covers. He sighed and looked away; his troubled eyes focusing on the rain-streaked glass of the window. Why was it this one female could reach a place within him that he had never believed existed? Some place that, by rights, should not have even been there. He was a damn Saiyan warrior, not a lovestruck earthling; yet every time he looked at her, every time he so much as touched her, his heart pounded for her in a way that made him feel exposed...vulnerable. Two feelings that were completely at odds with his Saiyan heritage. To let her see that, to even admit that it was there...it terrified him as no other thing had ever terrified him before. It would leave him open and bare. Vegeta shuddered at the thought. To be so defenseless; so open to injury. He had the distinct impression that Bulma could deal him a far graver wound to his soul then any physical or mental torture Frieza ever had. He had thought himself ruined; whatever small part of him that had been honorable and principled torn away from him with devestating consequences to his soul and the universe...but she...she had dropped into his life like a bomb; exploding his world and his jaded view of himself into a thousand tiny pieces.

He was her hero and everytime he touched her he saw himself as she saw him...strong, courageous and proud; unyielding in the strong currents of life that blew around them. The feelings such thoughts invoked left him bereft and in need and willing to share whatever small part of himself that Frieza had not touched...the part that loved her with all of the soul he claimed not to have...the part that he would never allow to see the light of day.

Bulma kept her back towards him as she rummaged around for something to wear. Thank Kami it was a Saturday; though at this moment she wouldn't mind being as far from Vegeta as possible. How was it possible that she kept going back--over and over--to the same man. The man who hated her, who thought her weak and useless who...She bit her lip, attempting to stem the flood of tears that were threatening to flow. Kami that was the last thiing she needed. He already thought she was frail and emotional; prone to crying--a show of emotion he detested more then anything in the world. For Kami's sake he hadn't bothered to even attempt to save her life when she and her airplane had been shot at by Gero...he'd just let her fall. Her and their son. If it wasn't for the older version of her son, she'd be dead. The sob came unbidden, torn from her as she sunk helplessly to the floor. It was all too much; the warrior's attitude...his unwillingness to show any feeling, any emotion whatsoever. Kami, he had been prepared to let her die. It had only just hit her; what that meant. Vegeta thought nothing of her life, nothing of his son's life. The anguished sobs refused to be held at bay.

Vegeta watched her trembling body in horror, the beautifully sculpted shoulders shaking violently with the force of her emotions. Fuck! What in the hell was he supposed to do now? He had no idea how to deal with a woman in this condition. He'd only seen her this way once before--when Kakkarot had died. He swung himself silently out of the bed, his cat-like tread soft on the carpet.

Bulma jerked violently as his hand lightly touched her shoulder.

"Damn it Vegeta, Don't sneak up on me! You know how much I hate that." She looked back at him, her wide blue eyes sparking with righteous indignity. He smirked despite himself. Such a defiant little creature; as hot-tempered as he was. He could already feel himself heating up in reaction.

"Maybe if you would cease this caterwauling, you'd hear me when I approach you."

Bulma's lips compressed some more. Damn the bastard. Here her heart was nearly breaking in two and he had the nerve to make fun of her and her emotions. It was all his fault anyway. Damn him Damn him Damn him! She stumbled up, attempting to draw away, to show him as much regard as he showed her, but his grip tightened painfully, refusing to budge as she struggled against him.

"Woman..." He murmured huskily, his body brushing against hers sensually. He might not be able to tell her what she wanted to hear, but he could show her...something small. Something that would placate her; make her forget what she really wanted. He could make her forget time existed if he so chose to.

"I'm all right!" Bulma tried to ignore the feel of his naked body, rubbing against hers like a cat, his breathing harsh and heavy in her ear; tried to ignore the feeling of restlessness that was spreading like wildfire through her body. Kami, why did she have to be so attracted to this man who apparently had nothing more to offer her then mindless sex and passion. It's always been more then that, hasn't it Bulma? More than mindless sex...it's a connection of the souls. The thought angered her...If she could see it then why couldn't he?

"I'm all right, really...please just let me go." Bulma shut her eyes as he pressed himself closer, her voice pleading with him, begging him to stop. If he kept this up she would not be able to turn away and she couldn't sleep with him anymore. Not with the price she had to pay everytime. "It's been such a long week, I th...think I'm just overwhelmed." The words rushed out her mouth, jumbled; anxious. She opened her mouth to speak again but he stopped her, his hand resting lightly over her lips.

"No more talk, woman." He bent to pick her up, but she dodged him, nearly flying to her window. Bulma turned and watched his silent approach; his eyes set in determination. One didn't deny the Saiyan Prince anything he wanted, and if you did, he took it anyway. Unfortunately right now Vegeta wanted her. Bulma held up her hand in silent entreaty.

"Vegeta...please I can't do this anymore. If you're back, fine, you can stay for Trunks, but you and I..."

"Woman..." His voice was husky; holding just the slightest edge of irritation. "I told you I won't be leaving again. I intend to stay and live here with both you and the brat. There is nothing else for me."

Bulma stared at him; her mouth sliding open in outrage. "Meaning what, Vegeta? That you have to settle for me and Trunks? How horrible for you..." She turned away from him; staring out the rain-streaked window, noticing--distantly--that the wind had picked up, again reminding her of a small hurricane. She shivered; wrapping her arms around her naked body. What a completely miserable day. How it fit her mood.

"Damn it, Bulma, that is not what I meant." Vegeta turned her to face him, his hand shooting up to caress away a stray tear sliding down over her cheek. He stared into her eyes; God they were blue, blue like the ocean he was so fascinated with...so open, wide and blue you could drown in them. He shivered at the intensity of them, dumbfounded that such a weak slip of a girl could move him so much. Was he turning into one of these weak earthling fools? He growled in frustration; turning away. "I didn't know what I wanted, Bulma, when I left. Sometimes I still don't, but I belong here. I know that now. I just needed time to think it through."

"I didn't realize we were options, Vegeta..." Bulma broke off not wanting to say anymore. Scraping and bowing and discarding her pride for some small token of affection he might feel like throwing her way. To go down that road would be disastrous for her. She wanted something he could not give...love and to ask him for it was something she would no longer do. Her own pride refused it as an option any longer. Maybe it had come from all those nights alone. Nights spent learning about herself and who she was; learning to survive without his aid or anyone elses. Mothering their child, working...learning to be comfortable alone and she had learned much about herself; too much actually, but enough to know she needed better then this. More then that, Trunks needed better then this.

"Woman!" Vegeta gripped her wrist tightly. "My entire life has been turned upside down in a matter of three years. I spent well over half my life...half my life..." he stressed. "... killing and pirating for Frieza, enduring horrors and humiliations that you will never even dream of, and then there is you...and this life I am supposed to just grab onto." Vegeta released his grip and turned away again. "I wish I could be a different man, but I'm not. My past won't allow it and my Saiyan blood runs too thick. I can't be any other way; I don't want to be any other way. Not really, not even for you. If I stay you have to accept that."

"Does any of this have to do with Goku?"

Vegeta snorted. "I wish I could just forget the miserable bastard ever existed, but I have so many things I never got..." He broke off, aware that he was spilling more then he wanted to. He straightened his shoulders, his head jutting up proudly, royally. "I'll get my things."

Bulma stared at his back in confusion. "I thought you said you were staying?"

"You want something I cannot give you, woman...it's better that I go."

"What do you think I want?" She'd turned back towards the window and watched the raindrops bead together and race in formation down the window. Her hand reached out to trace the odd patterns, trying to find some symmetry to their motions.

Vegeta turned and stared at her slender back, glorious in all its naked wonder. He longed to go and touch her, but he couldn't. He just couldn't. " Love." He spat the word out in disgust. "You want some fool emotion that doesn't exist."

"How do you know that, Vegeta? Are you saying you've never experienced it before or would you even recognize it if you did?"

"I would recognize it, woman." Vegeta was growing angry with her, becoming furious at her constant hammering against the bricked up emotion he didn't want her to see. He'd seen this coming, had known coming back here she would demand it from him, but he had been unable to stay away. Vegeta was drawn to her like a magnet and that attraction seemed to be growing stronger with each passing day. Love. He had never experienced it except from her. He realized that suddenly and looked at her in shock. Bulma had been the only one to show him anything beyond hatred, humuliation and scorn. She loved him. How? How could something so full of light and beauty love a man with a soul as black as his? Vegeta had known he loved her during the entire escapade with that damn mummy, but he had denied it quickly enough when things had returned back to normal, thinking duress and certain lustful emotions he had not assuaged in years had led him to faulty conclusions. He'd been deathly afraid of the passion she ignited within him, running from it full force and doing whatever he could to deny it to all who would listen. Yet he had repeatedly come back to her, reveling in the feel of their bodies joined together, showing her a passion he had never given anyone else. Love...was this truly what it was?

"Well I guess it's safe to say you don't feel it for me." Bulma quietly brushed another tear away, marveling at how her tears matched the glittering raindrops that fell against the window.

Vegeta saw the quick motion. The single swipe she had made, sweeping her tears away, the forlorn note he heard in her voice. Damn it, he hadn't come here for this. He felt himself taking a step towards her. Don't do this, Vegeta! His inner voice warned him away, yet there he stood, directly behind her, already bending his head downwards towards the gentle arch of her throat. He was a doomed man.

"Woman..." He murmured, his mouth nuzzling the mark he had set on her three years ago. A mark of possession, of want and he did possess her fully. Want? Vegeta wanted her as he had never wanted another thing in his life. The only thing that could compare to this was his desire to defeat Kakkarot; to prove himself as the greatest warrior to ever live...and that was gone from him now. His chance to redeem himself and his pride had past.

"Woman, I don't know what to tell you." His rich voice vibrated against her skin, warming her chilled body. "I may not ever be able to say what I feel, to even acknowledge it but you know..." His mouth nipped at her neck suggestively, tracing the faint scar of his mark. "...you know. "

Bulma laid her head back against him, moaning at the feel of such exquisitely gentle touches, turning her head fitfully as his hand travelled the full length of her body. Why did he have to do this to her. How could a man as rude and arrogant as Vegeta turn into such a seductive lover in private. She had never stood a chance.

"Vegeta." Bulma moaned his name softly. "Can't we just take it one day at a time...see how things go?" She was already turning in his arms, the desire to have him quickly overtaking rational thought. She didn't undertand this passion that filled her whenever he was around her. There had to be more to them then this. What good was the sex if there was no trust, no love and no commitment? Even as she thought it through, her mouth sought his...wanting him to surrender himself to her in that way he did, always fighting and kicking and screaming, but in the end letting it all go, unable to hold himself any longer and flooding her with every emotion he held. It was the only time she had ever seen his raw emotions unbridled and unleashed and felt that he loved her half as much as she loved him.

Vegeta led her back towards the bed.

"It's been too long, woman, since I've had my fill of you. You can spend the day here negotiating with me about this --day at a time-- arrangement." Vegeta smirked, his eyebrows furrowing as her hands did their own exploring.

"Sounds good to me, Prince." She purred into his ear. " Sounds very good to me."

 

****************

 

Setihamentep stared into the mystic black eyes of his lover; his eyes absorbing every nuance--every fine detail-- of her beautiful face.

"Teya..." He whispered to her, seductively...longingly. "My Queen, everything is in place. We have only to snap our fingers and the world is ours."

Teya smiled lovingly at him, her hand coming up to caress his cheek. "This is good, Seti, my beloved. Yet, I feel I must ask something of you."

"What is it, my love?" Seti's black eyes caressed her face. "What is it that troubles you so?"

"I wish to see the world rid of the twosome who denied us our desires before; who sent us back to the world of the dead. A punishment fitting to their crime and an assurance that they cannot do the same again." Teya's voice had gone cold in the warmth of the room, sending a chill racing through Seti's spine. She had such a one-track mind. He smiled.

"Teya, I can deny you nothing. The girl would be a fitting sacrifice to Set; but the man...the man could be a valuable asset to us. Such strength and power. It was limitless. I could use a man such as this."

Teya smiled wickedly. As long as she had known him, Seti was predicatable to the extreme. One had only to know how to manipulate him. Finally her chance to take Vegeta's soul and claim him as her own. Not even death had released her from the desire to have it and the man that went along with it. Set himself desired it, for it was as black as hers. She could feel it, had seen it when she had looked into his eyes--their connection. He would be so much more powerful then Seti and together they could rule this land for eternity. She had only to rid him of the foolish girl he seemed to fancy himself attached. Seti was right, she would make a fine sacrifice to Set.

"Have you a plan?" She turned her eyes lovingly towards her husband, smiling--caressing him with her mere presence.

"I have begun the search, Teya; my slave has set about in the attempts to locate them. I have only her name...nothing else."

"Bulma...I remember that well enough." Teya's mouth curled into a viscious sneer. Bulma had kept her from her desires, had stood between her and what she wanted and had actually managed to defeat her. Her eyes narrowed cruelly. Oh, she would pay...by all that was holy Bulma would pay for everything ten-fold, but before she died; she would have the painful, wrenching feeling of knowing she had lost it all.

"Abdallah recognized her name immediately. 'Bulma Briefs'. It seems our little trouble maker is quite reknowned for her inventions. We may be able to gain some use of her; if she is properly broken."

"Interesting..." Teya drew a light hand along the tanned muscles of his chest, moving away and turning to look out of her palace window. He had rebuilt everything--this king of hers. Brought it all back from the cold grip of death and decay. Breathed life into her and the city. His army had been arisen. Everything was in place for their world domination.

"What are your plans?" Her voice was edged with anxiousness. She ached to go after them, to tear the soul out of the girl and take everything she had. Teya shook her head, attempting to clear it. She must stay focused. There would be time enough for her vengenance once their rule was established; once they held the planet in their grip. Time enough for everything.

"I do have a plan, my beloved...for you. A diversion for you from the monotony of killing and conquering. How would you like to play a game, Teya? A game of cat and mouse."

Teya smiled triumphantly. "You know I love it. Tell me, Seti..." Her black eyes held a feral gleam. "Tell me all."

 

****************

 

3500 BC -Ancient Egypt--Telerahad/Thebes

 

"Seti, wait, what is it that you want to show me? " Nefertit struggled to keep up with her husband. He had brought her out by chariot to some mysterious place...a surprise for his young Queen.

Seti came to a stop, turning to await her. He laughed as she stumbled up the rocky face of the cliff.

"Don't laugh..." Nefertit pouted. "Sandals are not cut out for this!" She accepted his proffered hand and allowed him to pull her up the next few steps, smiling as he wrapped his arms securely around her.

"What am I looking for, Seti? I see nothing but desert." Nefrtit frowned; shivering as a gust of wind howled by them. How unusual...what manner of place was this that the wind would rush by them--howling--like a creature of the night? Why did the air feel so thick and so heavy? She pressed back against him...a gnawing fear sweeping through her body. Why were they here?

Seti pointed his arm. "Do you see that stone down there? This is ours, Nefertit...our new home. I have decided to have the capital of our kingdom moved here. Welcome to Telerahad." He huggd her against him, thrilled at finally being able to show her this place he had chosen specifically for them.

Nefertit was at a loss for words. No! There was something wrong here, something evil. One could smell it in the air...feel it crawling on your skin. She shook her head violently.

"No...no Seti. This isn't a good place. This isn't..." Nefertit swooned back against him, her head light; her vison blurry. No...

Seti caught her in his arms, lifting her against him frantically. What was wrong?

"Nefertit...Nefertit..." Panicked, he turned back towards his chariot, racing down the path to rush his beloved home, praying to the great God Horus that she would be all right.

 

******************

 

"So the queen is expecting, Pharoah Seti. Congratulations are in order." Seti's aged vizier--Aye--smiled at him dotingly. "An heir already. You certainly work fast, my King." The doddering old man sat heavily in a chair; his beady eyes never leaving the young Pharoah's face.

Seti smirked; relieved that it was not life-threatening. Happy that his beloved would be all right. "It is hard to keep away, when one is wed to a creature as beautiful as Nefertit."

"Yes, you spend every night in her bed." Aye frowned. "It is not good to dote on one woman as much as you. It is unseemly. You leave no hope for other alliances."

"I want no other Queen." Seti frowned in irritation. "Now hush your talk and be happy for me, Aye. I am to be a father." Seti stood, his long-legged stride carrying him to her door. "I must visit my Queen now." He smiled at the wizened vizier before entering her room; leaving the old man frowning in consternation.

"We'll see what you say when King Arad brings his daughter to court. We'll see what you say then."

 

*******************

Seti sat down gently on his wife's bed; his hand stroking her soft cheek. A father. He was going to be a father. She was carrying his child. He pressed his mouth gently on her lips; kissing her with infinite softness. Another Queen? How could they even suggest it? Why would he ever want another Queen? This one was perfect in every way.

Nefertit's eyes fluttered open, meeting her husband's adoring black gaze.

"Seti..." She breathed against his lips. "Seti, we're going to have a child." She tried to sit up, but he pushed her down, gently, onto the bed.

"I know, my love. We will announce it tomorrow, right now you must rest. You've had a trying day."

Nefertit frowned, remembering the place he had taken her earlier. She tried to sit up again. She had to warn him.

"Seti, that place..." He hushed her; his finger touching her lip ever so softly.

"Hush, Nefertit...we will discuss it later. Now you need rest."

She twined her arms about his neck, pulling him down with her.

"Only if you rest with me my love...only if you rest with me."

 

 

********************

 

Present day...Capsule Corporation

 

 

Bulma came awake slowly, her body stretching out languidly; leisurely. What an afternoon! She frowned in irritation. What was that disturbing ringing sound buzzing insistently through the house? She sat up; eyes flying open in surprise...Shit, it was the doorbell. Who in the hell would be coming over today? A glance down told her Vegeta was still out. Bulma smirked wickedly...she had finally exhausted him. An afternoon of lovemaking. It didn't get much better then that.

She jumped out of bed, throwing her jeans and a t-shirt on; padding silently downstairs to the door and threw it open. Which one of her friends would be dumb enough to come out on a day like today. Her face blanched white at who she saw.

The man stood tall and proud; handsome. His black hair swept back from his forehead, the end of it sweeping down to his broad shoulders and he was swathed completely in black. Bulma had not set eyes on this man for three long years and time had not changed him one bit. Omar.

"You! What are you doing here?" She hadn't realized she'd whispered until she heard Vegeta behind her, his voice harsh and strained, shattering the silence.

"Yes, what are you doing here." It was a statement more then a question. His voice arrogant and sneering. He scowled down from the stairs at the unwelcome intruder. What was the bastard doing here now? Vegeta watched the man sweep an appreciative eye over his tousled mate and snarled. How dare he look over his woman that way? His fists clenched convulsively as he stalked the rest of the way down the stairs, prepared to blast the bastard into the next dimension.

"Prince Omar?" Bulma leaned weakly against the wall. Kami, she had not seen Prince Omar since that last night in Telerahad when... She shut her eyes heavily for a moment; her mind shifting through the--still vivid--memories of that awful time. Memories of Teya's leering face taunting her, hurting her...sent a sliver of ice down her spine.

"Why are you here?" Bulma whispered the words again, her voice strained with fear. She was vaguely aware of Vegeta's presence behind her; could feel the solid warmth of his body behind her icy one. She hugged herself, rubbing her hands up and down her arms; doing anything she could to disperse the chill that had settled deep into her bones.

Kami!! She had seen Teya last night in the glass! How could she have forgotten that? She'd seen it and dismissed it as a phantom ghost. Oh Kami...she had seen her, she had seen her. Bulma tried to gulp for air, her head swimming but she couldn't...she couldn't breathe. Oh Kami, she couldn't breathe!

"Woman?" Bulma heard Vegeta's confused voice through a nebulous haze in her mind. "Bulma?" This time there was sharp concern. She swooned back against him; his arms catching her as she fell.

"Ve...Vegeta...she's back. Teya...Kami, I saw her. No..." Her fear-edged torrent of words ended as she sunk into a blessed unconciousness. Vegeta looked at her pale face with concern, before turning a vicious scowl on Omar.

"Get out!" Vegeta hissed the words at him through a red cloud of fury. How dare this bastard show up and cause all this mayhem. He shut his eyes to his own vivid memories of Teya...shuddering with revulsion at the memory of her hands sliding over his body; touching him, her mouth kissing him...trying to take his mind and his soul and his... his eyes snapped open again. No! He would not allow another being to ever do to him what Frieza had. That was behind him; he had moved on and managed to reclaim what little remained of who he had been and who he was.

Vegeta picked his mate up, cradling her in his arms; moving her to the sofa. He turned and scowled at Omar who had followed him. "Why are you in my home? I thought I told you to go. Do I need to blast you out?"

"It has started again."

"Do you think I give a shit? Neither she or I will do battle against that...that...thing again. She will go nowhere near it. It is your problem."

"It is your problem as well. Teya will rememeber that it was she..." Omar pointed towards Bulma. "...who ended her life. My sources have told me that she already seeks her out."

"Bulma had nothing to do with her death."

"Teya will not care. She will come for all who opposed her and she will come for you."

Vegeta stared at him open-mouthed and shocked. For him? What did this bastard know? "The woman and I will leave the planet. There are any number of places I can take her."

"Are you that cowardly?" Omar taunted Vegeta with the remark. He could well recall the man's ego and pride. To openly challenge him this way was foolhardy perhaps, but neccesary all the same. He would be needed in the fight against Teya and Seti. They had gotten much further in their plans this time. Their army had been raised.

"Do you want to die?" Vegeta took a threatening step towars Omar; fist raised. "How dare you call the Prince of the Saiyan race a coward!"

"You speak of running away...yet you claim to have all this magnificent strength and power. What am I supposed to think?" Omar crossed his arms, watching the man's face switch from outright fury to a violent, burning rage.

Vegeta's eyes burned into Omar's. "I will kill you for that."

"She will hunt you too. She covets you and your power. Teya will not stop until she has what she wants. Ask your woman." Omar nodded towards Bulma. "She saw first-hand what Teya is capable of, of what she can do. There is no where you can go that will stop her from reaching you."

Vegeta growled in fury, stalking to the window. The rain beat down with a merciless fury against the window; striking the glass with a force that Vegeta had never seen before. He shuddered; not sure if it was the damp feel of the rain and the air or the words that the bastard Prince had spoken. The whole idea that he would have to face that bitch again...what did he care? He was twice as strong as he had been then...a Super Saiyan.

He smirked, turning back towards Omar. "Let her come. I will protect what is mine and she will die by my hand if she comes here."

"Are you that stupid..." Omar broke off at the sound of a low moan emanating from Bulma.

Bulma tossed her head, blue hair spilling over her face as she tried to regain some semblance of her mind. Kami, what had happened? She could recall...she bolted up; her eyes sweeping the room wildly. Kami, she hadn't imagined it. He was here. He was here.

"Calm yourself, woman. You have nothing to fear." Vegeta's eyes narrowed irritably at her. Damn woman, scaring herself into a faint.

"What are you doing here? Is she back? I saw her...last night in the window... She was laughing at me." Bulma tried to settle her nerves, tried to stay calm. She didn't want to upset Vegeta. She didn't want to panic, but there was only one reason why this man would be standing in her living room today...she shuddered visibly.

Vegeta frowned. "You saw her in the window?" Was that why he had heard her voice last night in his mind? Was she already here? The dark feeling that had come over him...was that her?

Omar moved towards Bulma, sitting down on the small table across from her. He took her hand--kissing it--before saying a word. He smiled at the low growl of rage that he heard from behind him. Perhaps some competition would do the arrogant man some good.

"Bulma, your beauty is as great as I remember it."

She blushed; smiling at the handsome man who clutched her hand. Such a gentleman, unlike others. Bulma jumped as Vegeta's outraged voice sounded loudly through the room.

"Enough! Tell her what you told me, then get out." Vegeta was seething at the sheer audacity of the man. This was his mate...you never made it official though, did you? You never bonded with her...you could lose her.

Damn it! Why were all these things conspiring to force his hand? He didn't want to be bonded to the loud-mouthed wench. What they had was more then enough without an infernal connection of the souls.

You already have that, Vegeta...Vegeta growled at the damned voice in his head that seemed hellbent on driving him insane. Was that true? Did he already share something so powerful with her?

"You say you saw her." Omar continued to cling to her hand; offering Bulma its strength--solid, warm--comforting. Bulma tried to ignore the searing glare being shot at her from her inferior half. She took a deep, trembling breath and began.

"Last night I was looking out the window and there was a brilliant flash of lightening...it lit the whole sky and in the flash of light--in the window--she was there, her face...I saw it, then it was gone." Bulma shivered with cold dread again. Why couldn't Vegeta just come warm her up?

"Teya and Setihamentep have been returned from the dead, Bulma. What you saw could have been a projection of some kind...she could be letting you know that she is coming."

"Oh Kami..." Bulma's voice was a mere whisper. Vegeta. Teya wanted Vegeta. She glanced up, hollow-eyed at him, standing aloof and regally away from she and Omar; her blue eyes meeting the deep, burning black ones that were nearly scorching in their intensity.

"Do not worry, woman. I will not allow her to harm you." Vegeta's face softened only marginally as she stared frightfully at him. Those damn eyes, so big and blue...why could he not look away?

"It's not me that she wants, Vegeta..." Bulma stood, pulling her hand loose from Omar's grip.

"How would you know what she wants? Has she contacted you?" Vegeta snorted in disdain.

Bulma looked at him, her eyes wide with shock. "She doesn't have to, I can feel her."

"What do you mean you can feel her?" Omar was leaning forward again; anxiously...searching for any clue as to what might be happening.

"What foolishness are you spouting out now, woman?" Vegeta took a step toward her; the perpetually arrogant scowl once again scrawled across his face.

Bulma looked fearfully from Vegeta to Omar; unsure exactly how to start.

"I've been distracted a bit today." She blushed as Vegeta smirked at her; his dark eyes lighting with amusement.

"I suppose..." Bulma went on, averting her gaze hastily from Vegeta's--suddenly--sultry one. "It started last night. I was restless...on edge." She shivered slightly at the remembrance of the intense feelings that had sewpt through her body last night. She continued on; hands clenched tightly together in her lap; nearly white with the pressure she was applying. "I saw her in the window...just like I told you and then I..." Bulma paused, vaguely aware of Omar hand settling on her knee; squeezing it gently.

Vegeta saw the motion and growled low--deep in his throat. If the bastard laid one more hand on his woman...he would rip his heart from his chest. His fist clenched against his side; trembling slightly at the look on his woman's pale face. Too pale. Paler then he had ever seen it before.

"Go on, Bulma...it is important that I know everything. I won't be able to stop this if you don't tell me all."

"Well..." Bulma inhaled deeply. "I've been distracted for several reasons today, but now...sitting here on the sofa...I realized that I can feel her. She's coming...I know that for certainty. She is coming and she is searching for Vegeta. It's like I can hear her thoughts in my mind...or her feelings more precisely. Teya wants Vegeta..." Bulma clenched her fist in fury at the thought. "She wants him for any number of reasons, but she seems to think they are connected."

Vegeta stared wide-eyed at her. How could she...know this? She was describing a bond...a Saiyan bond. Had his woman bonded with another woman? How in the hell did that happen?

"This is absurd, Bulma. I have no connection to that stupid bitch and neither do you." Vegeta stalked over to her; his hands gripping her shoulders. "You are connected to me and I to you...neither of us are connected to Teya." His black eyes searched hers in an attempt to see whatever it was she was seeing, to reach through the walls of her mind and tear them down. It was obvious what he had to do now...he only needed the bastard Prince to get the hell away from them.

Omar stood. "No, it is quite possible she is not imagining it." Omar turned towards her, his black eyes traveling over her. "Did you not tell me--three years ago that at the end of our battle--that Teya had shown you things...through a mind link of some kind?"

Bulma's face took on a sickly hue. She closed her eyes to the memories that could still wake her at night--rouse her from a sound sleep--and leave her shaking and nauseous at the mere memory of what Teya had shown her. Unconciously she leaned back against Vegeta; her body relaxing as it touched the solid steel of his body. She felt his hand trace lightly up her back in an attempt to soothe her and sighed, wishing that he could just take her back to bed and burn all of this from their minds. How different he was now from the man that had left her to go and participate on the Cell games.

"She showed me what she would do to me..." Bulma paused, swallowing hard. "What she had done to others in her lifetime if I didn't go along with her wishes." She looked down at the floor as images of blood and death and fear and a cold...cold creeping evil such as she had never felt before flashed through her mind's eye. Kami, what Teya had done to those people...what she would do to more if she wasn't stopped.

"It is possible that there was a link of some kind formed...between the two of you when she did this." Omar spoke gently, his face compassionate as he watched her. "Sometimes Bulma...it is better to face these things head on instead of running or hiding. Perhaps it would ease your mind if you spoke of what she showed you."

Bulma glanced up at him--inhaling sharply--her eyes alight with dread and shock. The enormity of what he was asking her to do...to feel. To have to pull these memories up out of the dark depths she had banished them to. Bulma felt a quiver of fear run up her spine. No.

"I...I'm not sure I can." Bulma exhaled slowly, grateful when Vegeta stood to hasten their surprise guest's departure.

"You have said what you came to say. It is time for you to go." His voice was deathly calm and even. He would not hesitate to blast the man to the furthest corners of Hell if he failed to recognize Vegeta's authority. This was the Prince's home now...this was his woman. He would be respected here.

Omar sat silently--observing the twosome--for a moment. The man was very protective of her, far more then he seemed to realize. Still whatever Teya had shown her had traumatized Bulma beyond any logical reasoning and would eventually rise up to drown her is a pool of terror and despair if she didn't face up to it soon. Still, he couldn't force her. Omar sighed and stood; slipping a piece of paper into Bulma's cold hand.

"All right. I cannot force you to help or force you to confront whatever you fear, but be aware...danger stalks you and it moves quickly. If you need me or if you change your mind..." he squeezed her hand lightly, "You will find me here for another few days. You have only to come to me--my friend--and I will help you."

Bulma nodded mutely, letting her drained body slide onto the sofa limply. She just wanted to rest...to sleep away her troubles; to forget this whole short interlude had even taken place.

"She will not require your assistance." Vegeta growled, moving his body to block her from Omar's view. "Now go."

Omar nodded; turning to leave. "Remember--the both of you--contact me when she comes and she is coming, Bulma...there is no power on Heaven or Earth that can stop that inevitability now."

"Kami..." Bulma whispered to herself. Not if, not maybe, but when. She's coming...she's really coming. Bulma could feel the cold rise of fear and dread rushing upwards--sweeping--through her body; threatening to drown her in the wake of its violent wave. "Kami..." Bulma could feel herself sliding into the sweet oblivion of blackness...the welcome respite from the terror that seemed to stalk them.

"Woman..." Vegeta's arms were around her, pulling her up against him. "Woman..." His voice was insistent. "Damn it, Bulma, get a hold of yourself." He pulled her tightly against him and she collapsed--sobbing silently--against the warmth of his chest.

"Vegeta, I can't do this again." Bulma glanced up, her tear-streaked face pleading with him to understand. "I can't forget what happened to me, what I saw, what she tried to do." Her voice broke on a sob. " I can't..."

His mouth descended on hers forcefully--ending the mad torrent of her broken words--plundering her mouth in a near-violent frenzy of passion. "You are mine woman..." His voice was harsh--feverish. "You are mine. Mine! I will allow no one to take you from me; not this bitch...not anyone. There will be no one." His mouth moved over hers again--taking--demanding she give herself to him completely.

"Vegeta..." She moaned against his mouth, vaguely aware of her clothes being ripped from her body, of her suddenly hot--burning--body being pushed down to the floor. "Oh Kami...yes, Vegeta." She surged upwards as he took her--his body pounding against her in a barely leashed violence. "Yes!" She sobbed as her first climax tore through her, leaving her shaking violently in his arms--her body rising yet again to meet his as he continued his assault on her every sense.

"Mine...woman. Mine." His teeth clenched together as he came; as if he thought he could halt the flood of unwanted emotions that were speeding through his body in a frantic effort to escape the prison he held them so carefully guarded in--his mind and soul rushing forth into hers--unbidden--joining them...connecting--uniting. God--he was bonding with her--he was actually going to go through with it. He couldn't help himself. Vegeta's eyes slammed shut as he held onto her...offering himself up to her. "Bulma..." He moaned huskily into her ear. "Bulma..." His voice broke as the complete magnitude of what was happening to him washed through his body.

Bulma gasped with the onslaught of feeling...her mind attempting to fathom the depths of the emotions she was going through. Kami, he was so perfect...so vital...so...she moaned as another wave of the most intense feeling she had ever felt swept through her. She should offer it back...this gift he had given her, offer herself back in return.

Hesitantly--shyly-- she began the flow; allowing everything she was, everything she knew herself to be, to slowly seep from deep within her soul and flow straight into him.

"Woman..." Vegeta moaned against her throat, his lips resting on the mark he had given her so long ago.

"Bulma! Hey Bulma, are you around?" The voice shot through the air like a bullet, halting the influx of emotions that were flowing between them. Vegeta jerked himself away--his mind and soul leaving her; deserting her--her body crying out with the sudden loss of him.

"No..." She managed to moan, bereft. "Vegeta...please..."

"Bulma!!" Hey, are you in here?" Yamcha's voice drifted to her through the cloud of feverish passion that had been enveloping her, dousing her passion as surely as if he had dumped cold water on her.

"Damn that fucking bastard! I will kill him for this!" Vegeta was up on his feet; snarling--his mind reeling from the sudden shock of tearing himself away from her--of ending the process before it had been completed. She had just started to give herself to him completely; he'd just started to feel her--mind and soul--when that fucking bastard had interupted them. Damn him! He would send him straight to hell. He threw on his clothes--unmindul of the despondent woman laying on the floor. He didn't care about that right now; that she might be reeling as deeply as he--all he wanted was to kill the man who had stopped him from getting what he wanted Now he was fucking bonded to her, but she was not to him. Bulma had been stopped before she could complete the damn process.

"Vegeta..." Bulma cried weakly. "Please...I need to finish this...I need..." She broke off as his hand smoothed through her hair. God, she was a mess; the sight of her shaking him free of the blood rage that had taken him over ony seconds ago. His hand shook against her face; the desire to join with her again and finish what they had started nearly overwhelming him. I need it too, woman...I need it too.

"Later, woman." He murmured harshly. "I will see this finished later. Get your clothes on...now!" Vegeta hastily hauled her up; pushing her towards the stairs and their bedroom. "I will get rid of him."

Bulma paused; her knees buckling under her...still mourning the loss of the connection that had thrived between them; her body alive and trembling and very much aware of his mood. Rage. Vegeta was in a near blood rage. Bulma didn't even want to contemplate how she could possibly know this. What had he done to her?

"Bulma?" Yamcha's voice sounded nearer; coming from the kitchen. The bastard had used the back door.

"Don't hurt him, Vegeta." Bulma managed to sputter out, even as Vegeta shoved her up the stairs.

"Don't worry, idiot woman. I won't hurt him...too much." Vegeta smirked at the wary expression on her face. He pulled her against him--his body already hard and wanting and desperate to have her again. She melted against him. " I will have you and this..." His hand stroked down between her legs, caressing her lightly, smirking as she arched against him. "...later." Vegeta shoved her into their room and turned to face the sudden intruder; desperately trying to rein in his raging emotions and control his shaking body. Why? Why could this one woman invoke such passion within him? He was a fucking killer...able to dispense with anyone in his way...but she...she...she had somehow gotten the better of him and now look at what had happened. Vegeta drew in a shaky breath, exhaling slowly. The bond...he had heard tales of it, had scoffed at all of them; his mind never accepting what he had been told as truth. Not even in the deepest realm of his imagination could he have ever envisioned what had just happened to him or that he would ever find anyone he could share it with to this degree.

"Vegeta!" Yamcha stopped abruptly at the foot of the stairs, a look of shock etched across his face. "What are you doing here?"

Vegeta felt his blood begin to boil anew at the sight of the idiot that had dared to interrupt them...at the carelessly worded question he had thrown out to hang between them. It was because of this fool that he was not bonded to his woman right now. The only thing that existed between them now was a one-way bond from him to her and now that he had been given a taste of what he could have had--of her very soul-- of what he'd been about to have...he wanted more. Damn this bastard!

"I live here, idiot. What in the fuck are you doing here?" Vegeta's fists clenched as he descended down the stairs...every muscle in his body aching to pummel this bastard for even being a part of her life. God, she had actually given herself to this fool--repeatedly. It was enough to make him sick to his stomach.

"Since when have you lived here, Vegeta? Yesterday, Bulma was alone. Come to think of it, she has been alone pretty much since she hooked up with you in the first place. The androids and Cell kept me from saying anything to you at the time and I was pretty sure that after Trunks went back and you took off--yet again--you had finally done the decent thing and gotten the hell out of her life. I see I was premature in my hoping." Yamcha's scarred face clouded over with anger.

"You bastard." Vegeta growled in anger. "How dare you speak to me that way. Bulma is mine and she has always been mine." He clenched his fist in fury at the audacity of the weak coward.

"Funny, I don't recall you having that sentiment when Bulma was struggling to bring your child into the world, Vegeta. Do you have any idea how hard that was for her? How she cried for you, how she labored through the night so that Trunks could come into this world? I was there, Vegeta. I know...I helped her or do you even give a damn? Were you there when she was sobbing her heart out because you had not bothered to save her life when Gero shot her from the sky; sobbing when the truth finally hit her that you didn't care whether she lived or died--that you were willing to let her die."

Vegeta flinched at the memory of Gero shooting Bulma's plane from the sky. Vegeta had been positive one of the other warriors would save her--one of her sentimental friends...his Saiyan mind focusing completely on finding Gero--ending his miserable life. A flash of memory--his future son's angry face--so much like his own asking him why.

"Why didn't you try to save them, Vegeta?" Trunks's outraged voice resonated loudly through the recesses of his mind.

"Who" He had sneered; irritated that the little shit would even dare to get in his face.

"Bulma and your son!" Trunks had grated out in disbelief. His eyes taking on the same, haunted look his mother's eyes always held whenever he had belittled her or smashed her feelings into the ground. In that moment he had felt sick--ashamed--and he had reacted in the only way he knew how. With anger and disdain; answering the question flippantly...wanting to lash out and wound the boy for making him feel so weak.

"I have more important things to worry about, boy...I don't give a damn about them." He regretted those words now.

"Where is she now? Have you hurt her again?" Yamcha tried to shove past Vegeta, but was met by the Prince's fist flying hard and furious. Yamcha flew backwards into the wall--sliding unceremoniously down it to land in a heap on the floor.

"Bulma is asleep. You are not wanted here...so go." Vegeta's fists clenched tightly at his side.

"I think I'll let Bulma tell me that." Yamcha stood up, rubbing his jaw gingerly; his eyes shooting fire at the Saiyan Prince.

Vegeta stared coldly at the man for a moment--finally smirking. "You wish to die?"

"If you care about her at all, you will leave her now and never come back." Yamcha straightened to his full length--preparing himself for Vegeta. "She is not your royal whore."

"Yamcha..." Bulma's voice cut through the tension that swirled around the men like a heavy fog; the mood switching from dangerous to deathly earnest in a matter of seconds. "Yamcha, now might not be a good time to do this. " Both men swiveled to stare up at her--standing straight and silent like a porcelain statue.

Vegeta felt his stomach turn inside out at the sight of her drawn, wan face. She would be able to feel him--sense his mood, his feelings. He had neglected to shut off the link he'd forged between them. He turned back towards Yamcha; a harsh scowl scrawling across his countenance.

"She is not up for this now...go...before I kill you." He spat the words at the miserable human, turning his back on him in dismissal.

"Bulma..." Yamcha started forward, hand outstretched. "Are you all right? Are you really going to take him back Bulma? After everything he's done to you? Kami! How many times has he left you alone and shattered, Bulma, only to show up right when you had finally achieved some small bit of peace. Don't do this."

"Yamcha...please. Just go. Now is not a good time..." She broke off abruptly; stumbling back into the wall; her body sliding slowly down to the floor. Kami...she couldn't breathe...she couldn't...oh Kami! Teya!!

"I'm coming, Bulma." Soft mocking laughter echoed through her brain.

"NO!!!" She screamed in agony, her hands clutching her head as the woman's horrid, rotting countenance flashed through her brain. Kami, she needed to breathe...she needed to breathe.

"I'll be there soon..."

"Teya!!" Bulma screamed again; shrill and terror-filled, curling her body around herself in a hopeless effort to stave off the unwanted images of the nightmare. "No, please...please...nonononono."

"I'm coming for him, Bulma. This time he is mine. I can already taste him...feel him. He's mine." The soft laughter whispered through her brain...lingering in the furthest chambers of her mind and echoing in a maddening litany.

Vaguely in some far corner of her mind, she felt hands on her; strong arms lifting her. Vegeta...his smell invaded her senses; oh Kami she was safe again, safe. Dread infused every cell in her body... No! Vegeta!

"V...Veg...Vegeta. Get away! She's coming for you. Leave this planet! Go!" Bulma raised haunted eyes towards him. "Vegeta..." She struggled against him, fighting, clawing, attempting any and all moves she could think of to get him away from her.

"What's wrong with her?" Yamcha's deep voice broke through the madness that had descended over her mind in a red haze.

"Bulma?" Yamcha looked at her in despair, turning angrily to Vegeta. "What have you done to her?"

"Be still, woman!" Vegeta snapped at her; kicking the door to their bedroom open. The door banged loudly against the wall. Vegeta turned a sharp glance at Yamcha. "Get out of my room now. You have no business in any of this."

"Not until I know what's wrong with Bulma." Yamcha refused to back down. Vegeta stared at him for a long moment, debating the merits of just killing him. He shook his head in disgust. The woman would absolutely hate him and he couldn't have that. God, when had he turned into such a powerless weakling?

"She is tired and overwrought. Let me put her to bed and I will tell you all. You were involved the last time." Vegeta eyed Yamcha coldly.

"All right, Vegeta, but I want to know what in the hell is going on."

Vegeta smirked. "Oh, you will fool. You will."

 

*************

 

3500 BC- Thebes

 

 

"Is the drug ready?" Aye turned his wizened face to the Priestess who stood demurely beside him in the royal gardens.

"Yes." Tiy bowed her head in deference and respect. "You will find exactly what you need in there...Father."

"Ahhh, good." Aye looked closely at the girl's youthful features. "This is done for the Pharoah's own good. He refuses to see reason and insists upon having no other Queen. Egypt will fall if he does not think about her first."

"Yes, Father."

"What exactly does this do?"

"It will induce the Queen's labor prematurely, Father. The Queen will suffer a miscarriage."

Aye smiled. "Good...good. Enough of those and Seti will be forced to take another Queen if only to get an heir. There is an alliance I seek to make...a strong alliance; one that will benefit me and my Lord well. Seti must see reason where Nefertit is concerned. She is a danger to all we have accomplished."

"She is a beautiful woman, Father. Men rarely see reason where a beautiful woman is involved."

"You are a wise girl for your years." Aye's hand snaked out, caressing Tiy's face.

Tiy lifted coal eyes to his face...smiling winsomly.

"To whom do you serve, child?" Aye's breath came hard as she pressed her lithe body against his.

"I serve Set...Father." Tiy's full lips pressed against his ears; whispering...her lilting voice sending shivers of delight down his hunched back despite the warmth of the day. " I serve Set."

 

 ***************

 

"Have you located the girl yet?" Teya's voice a sliver of fear shooting down Abdallah's spine.

"Yes, my mistress. I know her exact location." Abdallah glanced up surreptiously, hoping he had pleased his Queen. She had hurt him terribly the last time.

Teya smiled, ,glancing out at the ranks of troops--bodies dead and decaying-- that were massing in the open courtyard. Seti still had plenty of work to do, but today...today was a great day. Today, they would take over their first city...gain their first sacrifices all to honor Set. She looked down thoughtfully; her mind a million miles away. She had played the mind games with her prey earlier and now it seemed she would finally get to move in for the kill. What a glorious day it was.

"Tell me where, Abdallah...tell me where."

 

* * * * *


Table of Contents
Prologue
Chapter 2