Chapter 3

 

Vegeta was alone when he awoke the next day, it surprised him that she had slept in the same bed as himself and had shown no outward signs of being afraid. He could have smothered her with his pillow during the night. Though he knew he would never kill her. There was something about her that Vegeta could not understand like gentleness concealed by harsh and unyielding anger. What angered her so he wondered to himself?

He was interrupted from his thoughts when the door swung open. The two burly women from last night came in followed by several other women slightly smaller. Bo and Connie each held one side of a rather large wooden tub; the women that followed them were carrying pails of steaming water. He just stared at them as the tub was set down and filled leaving two full pails on the floor next to the tub. He watched for a few more minutes then was jarred back to reality when the door was abruptly shut. Vegeta decided to take advantage of the situation and clean himself for he too prized cleanliness.

 

On deck Bulma was daydreaming about the captive she had in her cabin. She had just sent a bath for him.

Would he mind if she washed his back? She wondered.

No!

She mustn't think of him that way he was a prisoner. And soon to be pleasure slave. . . If she ever screwed up the courage to make him do it. Bulma seemed to be losing her mind because of him. She was so caught up in her daydreaming that she only vaguely noted that 18 was talking to her.

"Captain?" Suddenly coming out of her daydream she whirled around to face the pretty navigator.

"Yes,?" She asked

"Captain according to my calculations we should be arriving at Paradise in just under a week." Said 18

Suddenly a strong and very male voice said, " Your calculations? You must have hit your head, woman! Everyone know that a female can' t read a map or navigate a ship. It is impossible for a woman to understand such things. Especially when most women can' t read."

By now both the captain and 18 were red with fury. What Vegeta didn't notice was that everyone on deck heard his little speech. Most of the women there were ready to jump him.

"How very like you Vegeta, thinking that women are beneath you. And for your information every single woman on this ship can read. It is a requirement in order to even be considered for a position on this ship. They are the best of the best, and you will respect them for it." The captain turned to 18, "Have Videl escort the good Captain to the brig until I am able to look at him without having to crushing the urge to have him flogged." She said sweetly.

The shorthaired girl in the purple coat came and took hold of his arm and started to drag him away. Vegeta wasn't about to let some slip of a girl drag him around. She seemed to have sensed his resistance for she looked him in the face and smirked. He didn't know why but somehow he knew from her smirk that she had been hoping he would resist. His air was suddenly cut off as she grasped his throat. He struggled but couldn't seem to get free of her. It was impossible; she was so small but she was holding him there and at the same time killing him. She flung him to the side and he only stopped when he hit the side of the ship with a loud thud. When he finally had his wits back he looked at her. Her arm was still held out from where she had let him go only she wasn't looking at him but at Bulma. They stared at each other for a few seconds before Videl gave a curt nod and started walking in his direction. She was standing over him when he finally lost consciousness.

* * * * *


Table of Contents
Chapter 2
Chapter 4