I do not own Dragonball Z or its characters. I am getting my Egyptian information from The Book Of The Dead, some I already knew. I have discovered a few made up words that I had created for my ancient language were actually thought to be real words in Egypt thousands of years ago, but they of course mean something different. I will stick with mine, because I just don't think I could do the true language justice and I can't read hieroglyphics.

 

CHAPTER FOUR

 

Bulma knew anger as she had never felt it before. Just when she thought he couldn't make her any madder, he went and did something completely idiotic and loathsome that brought out a side of her even she was surprised at. How dare he say those things to her. How could she have even believed she loved him? No man had ever inspired such a tremendous range of emotions in her. First love, the kind of love that had prompted her to give her body up to him and lose herself in a haze of passion that she hadn't even realized existed, then absolute rage and hatred. In her heart, she might have admitted to herself that she knew why he had said the things he had, but she was too angry to care at this moment. She shook her head. Now was not the time for this. She had to get downstairs and they had to get some answers. Only then could they have any chance of getting Goku back and that was really the most important thing now.

She threw on some black work pants she used for working in her lab. They were comfortable and sturdy. Somehow she knew she'd need them. She found a black t-shirt, threw it on, then rummaged around for the sack of senzu beans she kept for Vegeta. Ever since the explosion she had taken to keeping some. She had never wanted to relive that episode again. She counted them. She had exactly six. She could give some to Chi-Chi and Gohan and Yamcha. That would leave three. She tucked the bag into her pocket. She hurried downstairs, trying hard not to look at Vegeta's door. She couldn't think of him right now.

Chi-Chi was laid out on the sofa, holding her head, Gohan knelt next to her.

"Chi-Chi, you're finally awake. " Bulma hurried over to her friend.

"She's been awake for awhile, what took you so long Bulma?" Yamcha asked.

Bulma blushed, remembering her little romp with Vegeta. How selfish she'd been. Here her best friend was out there somewhere at the mercy of that horrible monster and she was having sex with a man that likely didn't even give a damn.

"I, uh , had to get cleaned up. Then I made sure Vegeta was okay. " That was mostly the truth.

"Who cares about Vegeta, Bulma, he's just a loser. "

"Yamcha, he kept me alive in that museum and he helped pull you guys out of that building. The least I could do was make sure he didn't need any medical attention. Then I remembered I had these." She held up the bag of senzu.

Gohan smiled and took the bag, taking one for himself.

"Alright Bulma, now I can go find my dad."

Chi-Chi took one as well.

"Not so fast young man. We need to get some answers first and I was told he could give them to me." She stabbed a finger towards Omar.

Bulma hadn't even seen the handsome man leaning against the wall in the corner.

Yamcha took the sack of beans, then turned to Omar as well.

"Well," Chi-Chi asked impatiently, "I'm waiting for some answers. My Goku is out there and I need to find him."

"Maybe you should start with what or who that was and why Goku is with him?" Bulma interjected.

Omar pushed away from the wall and walked towards her.

"That was Sethihamentep. Otherwise known as The Falcon King.You're friend is with him because he read the words that would awaken the king. "

"What?" Chi-Chi asked.

Five thousand years ago he ruled Egypt. He was a fierce warrior and king but more then that he was a very dangerous sorcerer. He was able to conjur up legions of armies of the dead. Create sickness and failing harvests wherever he wanted it, so he might conquer more lands. He showed no mercy to anyone, regularly torturing anyone who crossed him or who he saw as an enemy. There deaths would not be pleasant. It is said he would drink the blood of his victims. His one goal was to conquer all the lands and declare himself supreme ruler. The leader of a new order of people. Ones that would spread the evil of Set throughout the land.He is evil personified."

"Wow," Bulma said, "he's that bad."

"Worse really. Words could never fully describe the horrors of his reign. As bad as he is, his Queen is even worse. If he gets the chance to awaken her, then we are all doomed. "

"His Queen?"

"Yes, Teya. Reputedly a great beauty and legendary fighter, but unfortunately evil to her very core. A true servant of Set."

"Set? He's a God isn't he?"

Omar nodded.

"Yes, he is the the Egyptian equivilant to your devil. He is the betrayer of his brother Osiris."

"I know that legend,"Bulma exclaimed, "he carved a chest measured to the exact dimensions of Osiris's body. Tricked him into getting into it, then sealed it up."

"Yes," Omar smiled, "there are many variations but basically Set chopped the body of Osiris up into many pieces and scattered them throughout the land. Osiris's beloved wife Isis found him and built a tomb in every place she found a piece. Horus,their son, defeated Set in battle to avenge his father."

"Osiris is the God of the afterworld right."

"Yes, You know a lot about this."

Bulma blushed.

"She should," Yamcha laughed, "she watches it endlessly on tv whenever it's on ."

"Uh, guys, this still doesn't explain how my dad got mixed up with them. I saw him. It was like they had control of him. He even spoke ancient Egyptian."

"They do. When the King was cursed to sleep through all eternity, one of his loyal followers placed a seperate charm on him. One that would allow for his awakening as a God. To achieve all that he would need to get done to accomplish his goals, however, he would need a servant. One that would be his willing slave no matter what. So a curse was placed on the words so that whoever read them would lose his own soul and do what ever The King desired done. I fear that is what has happened to your friend."

"Oh, no. Do they retain their memories of who they are. Can he be helped?" Chi-Chi was frantic.

"Yes, there is a way and yes they may remember vague things about their life, remember who they were. They just seem to forget that they ever cared. "

"Oh, no," Yamcha groaned, "Goku knows about the Dragonballs. If that guy finds out about those we are dead."

"You're right Yamcha. I totally forgot about them. "

"Dragonballs? " Omar asked, confused.

"They are seven magic balls that when granted summon the legendary dragon. He then grants whatever wish you want as long as it is in his power." Bulma replied.

"The King's power would be far greater then that once he has gotten the elixer, though you are right. It is a complication we do not need."

"Elixer?" Bulma asked.

"Yes, part of the charm revolves around the elixer that was created by him , but never tested before his death. His sorcery included alchemy. He had no problem testing it on unwilling victims.This elixir will grant him his form and power back, plus give him an immortal soul. I do not think that the little professor yet knows of its location, but he will soon."

"Do you mean that fellow that was in charge of the display? The one that wanted Goku to read the curse or charm or whatever the hell it is."

"Yes. He is the one that is a follower of The King's order.There are a few."

"You say he needs this elixer to get his full powers. What if he does get it? "

"Then we are doomed to hell on earth."

"There would be absolutely nothing we could do?"

"Nothing I know of."

" Well, I have to find Goku," Chi-Chi spoke up, "I will not let them use him or his power for evil."

Bulma was amazed at the younger woman's strength. She wasn't sure she would have been able to be as strong.

"You're right Chi-Chi. We do have to get him back and stop this thing. We need to get to him first, because this would be a whole lot easier with his help. "

"Definitely," Yamcha said," besides we have to help him before he's forced to do something that would destroy him if he knew about it."

"Dad could never live with the knowledge of having hurt anyone."

"Then it's settled," Bulma looked to Omar, "we'll help you. What do we do first?"

Omar opened his mouth to speak but was interupted by Yamcha's head snapping up. He sensed a strong energy source and it felt like.. his head whipped around in the direction that it had come from. He looked to Gohan who nodded.

"Stay here," Yamcha said to the girls, before he and Gohan ran off ,followed closely by Omar.

Chi-Chi turned to look at Bulma.

"Goku taught me how to sense and identify certain ki's. I know enough to sense his no matter how low it is. That's him, he's just suppressing it."

"Oh no, that means that thing is with him. What do they want?"

"I'm not sure, but this could be our one chance to help him."

"Yeah, but we haven't found out how to yet. We can't just waltz over to him without knowing what in the hell to do.We'll get ourselves killed, Chi-Chi."

"Well, I'm not going to just let him leave without trying." She moved to follow the men but Bulma grabbed her hand.

"Chi-Chi wait, we are no match for them."

She looked over her shoulder wondering where in the hell Vegeta was.

Chi-Chi continued to move forward dragging Bulma along.

"Let go of me Bulma, that is my husband and the father of my child. I love him. I have to help him."

"How are you going to help him if you don't even know how. You could make things worse."

"I wouldn't expect you to understand Bulma. I realize that you haven't ever really loved anyone else but yourself." She stared Bulma in the eye, anger written plainly on her face.

Bulma gasped. How could she say that. She loved Vegeta beyond any reason, though Chi Chi would not know that. She understood though, now what Chi-Chi meant. If it had been Vegeta she would have moved heaven and hell to find a way to help him, though he would have worked against her at every turn.

"Chi-Chi,I am going to forget you said that. I realize you are upset. He is my best friend and I want to help him as well. I just want to do it right. "

Chi-Chi didn't have time to answer as she heard a yell from Yamcha, then the sounds of an all out fight and breaking glass. She shrugged off Bulma and ran after them.

"Oh,no." Bulma cried.

What am I supposed to do now. I saw what that thing can do. We don't stand a chance. Her thoughts whirled around her head. Well she couldn't be the only coward in the group now could she? She barrelled after Chi-Chi,wondering for the millionth time, where Vegeta was.

Vegeta had used all his saiyan instincts trying to track Kakkarot. He had managed to identify the other saiyans ki, though it was very faint, almost nonexistent. He had arrived at an apartment, but saw nothing. Kakkarot had definitely been here. His scent was all over the place. Though Vegeta had a hard time smelling it. The only scent he could really seem to inhale was Bulma's. It was all over him. He should have showered. Smelling her on him only made him want to go back and take her away. To assure her he hadn't meant the things he had said and take her as his mate. Then make love to her over and over again. He knew he had irrepairably damaged whatever relationship they had shared. He felt an overwhelming loss at that knowledge. He had only one person on this miserable planet that had ever bothered with him and he had just tossed her away. He was truly alone now. It was something he should be used to, he'd been that way for most of his life. One couldn't consider Nappa that good of a companion. He found that he had gotten quite used to Bulma's constant presence in his life, however irritating to him it was. Knowing that someone had cared had moved him a bit. He knew, though, he could not allow it to continue. It was how it had to be. He couldn't have both power and her. She was too strong a distraction. His pride would not allow him to back down from pursuing his destiny. He was the legendary super saiyan and he would prove it to all. She wanted him to share all his feelings and he just couldn't do it. His past was behind him. For better or worse he was who he was. He had no room for love, it just held him back.

His head jerked up as he sensed a surge in Kakkarot's ki. Finally he had found him. He took off into the night sky, following it. He knew a moment of panic as he realized that it was coming from Capsule Corporation. Bulma. He rocketed forward hoping he could make it in time, all his resolute decisions forgotten.

Goku slung both women over his shoulders. That had been too easy. He wished there was someone to challenge him. His instructions had been to bring only one, the blue haired one. He had known exactly where to go to find her. He didn't know how. He'd even known her name. They had really put up a fight. One man he hadn't known had been extremely powerful, but no where near Goku's level. One good hit had knocked the man out cold. The other two he had known, though he couldn't say how. Yamcha and Gohan, his son. The boy had yelled at him to remember them. Refused to fight him. He did remember them. He just had no pressing need for any of them. Yamcha and Gohan had been easily pushed aside as well, though he could sense great powers in the boy. He just hadn't been ready to use them. Then he'd seen her. The dark haired woman, Chi-Chi, his wife. He remembered her quite clearly. He had been ready to get rid of her as well, but something had stopped him. He wanted her. Flashes of her above him, her dark eyes flashing with paaion and something alien to him. He could almost remember the feeling of her hair as it brushed against his skin. The touch of her body. Why should anyone care if he brought her as long as he brought along the blue haired woman.

She had approached him, beseeching him to remember their life together. She had seen their son, began crying when she saw him laying there. She had ran at him then, trying to attack him. He had grabbed her fists and held them, forcing her to look at him.

"He will live."

It had been all he had said to her even as he had forced her fists behind her back and brought her up against his body. He had stared into her eyes then, gazing into their unreadable depths. Then, before she knew what he was about, he had chopped her in the side of her neck at just the right angle to knock her out.

 

The blue haired woman had not been too far behind her. Bulma. He knew her as well, though he couldn't really for the life of him remember how. She had seen what he had accomplished , then looked at him with those huge blue eyes.

"Goku, do you really want to do this? Don't you remember anything of our friendship together?"

He'd only looked at her. What was the point in answering. He remembered a lot, but it was all meaningless to him. The only thing that held any importance for him was serving his master. He had a job to do. He flew at her then grabbing her before she could even make an attempt to get away. A quick chop to the same place in her neck and she to was out. He picked her up, then grabbed the other one. He could sense a very powerful energy coming straight towards him. They needed to be gone. His master awaited him. He bowed his head for a moment, then was gone. Disappearing in the blink of an eye.

Vegeta landed outside of Capsule Corporation by the gravity machine. He could see the broken glass of the window broken in the fight. Kakkarot was gone. He couldn't sense him anywhere. He searched for Bulma's energy, but sensed nothing. He tried to calm his building rage as he entered the building. How could he have made such a mistake. He had let anger control him. He had been furious with her and with himself. Because he had lacked control, she was probably going to pay a very high price. He couldn't sense her at all. He had seen that little man trying to take her at that stupid museum. He should have known that they might try to come here and finish the job. He looked all over the place. She was no where and neither was that mate of Kakkarot's. He had seen the three down the hall, layed out against the wall, but had spared them little thought. They hadn't even been able to protect two women. Vegeta felt his rage coursing through him. He didn't try to hold it back. If they harmed one hair on her head he would kill them slowly and painfully. They would feel his wrath as no one had ever felt it before. That was his woman they had just taken. No matter that he continually denied it to himself, somewhere in him he knew it was the truth and he could only run from the truth for so long. He might have tried to convince himself and her that he didn't care, but there was no turning away from it now. He couldn't ignore what was right in front of your face. She had been his from the moment she had given herself to him earlier. The only thing on this planet he did have and he would be damned if he would let anything take what rightfully belonged to him. He let his anger continue to rise until it flowed through every part of his body, then he screamed with it. A scream full of outrage and raw, unbridled anger. He would tear them apart.

* * * * *

 


Table of Contents
Chapter 3
Chapter 5