Disclaimer: I don’t own DBZ or its characters, they belong to Akira Toriyama, Funimation Productions, etc. So please don’t sue me, I am not making any money off this, it is strictly entertainment.

Author’s note: This story has violence and some romance. Most of the story is based on a promise that Vegeta made to Bulma.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

 

My Last Breath
By: Kiore

  

Prologue: The Vision Seen, A Promise Made

 

He ran down the black corridor, hearing the footsteps echoing behind him. His dark eyes wandered, searching for a way out. Hoping to lose the creature that followed him, he made a sharp turn down the corridor to the right, no such luck. The footsteps’ echo still pounded in his ears.

As he ran, he could feel the sweat snaking down the side of his tan face. His sweat and blood mixed and created a foul smell that stung his nostrils.

"You can’t run forever prince! Stop running and face me like a warrior would!" the creature yelled at the retreating form of the Saiyan prince.

He didn’t even turn around to see how far behind him the mysterious being was behind him. He ran on. ‘Can’t stop’ he thought to himself as his legs were becoming tired. ‘Too much is at stake! You have to concentrate! You can’t fail! You’re the only one left!’ The terrifying scene played again before his eyes....

*Flashback*

"Arrgh...." Piccolo grunted as he tried to pull himself to his feet. He glanced around the battlefield. ‘ They’re gone!’ he thought, ‘ They’re all gone! Goku, Gohan, Tien, Choaz, Yamcha! The only one left is me and Vegeta! I can’t lose this fight!’ " Kuso! NOOO!! Masenko-ha!" The beam of energy flew from his hands and aimed directly at the cause of all this.

"Pathetic fool! You can’t win! Super Mega Energy Blast!!" the beam countered Piccolo’s but went right on through and struck Piccolo through the chest. He fell to the ground, moaning in pain.

"Piccolo!" Vegeta yelled as he ran to the fallen Namek’s side.

"Vegeta.... you have to win.....you’re the only one left... I am a...g.. goner." Piccolo mumbled as his eyes closed...forever.

" Alright then, I won’t let them down, I have to win! " At this he powered up to Super Saiyan. "FINAL FLASH!!"

*end flashback*

He was brought out of his trance by the sound of a voice. " When will you give up? You can’t win, I am million’s of times stronger than you!"

Ignoring him, Vegeta kept on running. ‘ Wait a minute! I know this place! This corridor! Long halls, no light? This is the palace on Vegeta-sei! But how? It was destroyed! IO don’t recognize this voice, it doesn’t sound like anyone I knew on Vegeta-sei." questions racing through his mind, he kepton down the hall.

"Look familiar? It should"

"Huh?" Vegeta said glancing over his shoulder.

" I made this room especially for you to die in."

" No..... shimatta!" Vegeta ran faster.

" I already said you couldn’t win." the mysterious person sped up to Vegeta’s side. He threw a punch that caused Vegeta to fly backwards. " You don’t remember me, because you don’t know me."

"You...baka...grrr" Vegeta stuttered as he pulled himself up wiping the blood from his lip with a gloved hand. "Who are you!" he yelled.

" My name is none of your concern. However, if you really want to know, I will tell you." he picked Vegeta up by the throat as he said this. " My name is....Kilaya." he raised a hand and greenish energy flew from his hand right through Vegeta’s stomach causing blood to splatter everywhere...

"GAAHH!!" Vegeta yelled as he jolted up in bed.

"Vegeta! Are you ok?" Bulma said trying to comfort him.

Vegeta’s eyes remained wide open, cold sweat snaked down his face. ‘ Could this be the future? If it is, We’re all in big trouble’

"Vegeta. Please.... say something! Are you ok?" Bulma asked worriedly, grasping his shoulders and turning him to face her.

" Huh?" Vegeta said as his eyes went back to normal. " Yea I am ok."

" What happened?" She asked.

‘I have to tell her somehow’ Vegeta thought.

"Hello Vegeta? What happened?"

"Huh? I don’t know really." Vegeta said staring into Bulma’s blue eyes. "Listen to me!" He grasped her shoulders firmly" You know I’d do anything for you right?"

"Of course Vegeta." she said a little confused.

" Okay, now.. I promise on my Saiyan honor, I won’t let anything happen to you or Trunks. I’ll give my last breath to save you from harm."

"Vegeta..." Bulma’s eyes filled with tears." I love you" she said while wrapping her arms around his neck.

" I love you too." Vegeta whispered as he returned the embrace.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Well there’s the prologue for ya! Tell me how you like it. Email me at DBZFreak2788@aol.com for feedback. I really wanna know how you like it. I will get Chapter one out as fast as I can.

Kiore


Table of Contents
Chapter 1