Disclaimer: I don't own dbz.....

Author's note: The next couple of chapters may not be focused completely on Bulma and Vegeta, I have an idea for a really neat ending. So please don't stop reading my fic because of that. Oh and you might need some tissues, no matter what dbz couple you are interested in. Okay, now on with the story....

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

 

Chapter 8: Surprise, Surprise

 

"Me." Gohan stated, pure hatred shining in his onyx eyes.

"Now what do we have here?" Kilaya asked as a wicked grin formed on his face.

"No. Gohan you can't." Goku exclaimed.

" Dad, I'll be fine, don't you trust me?"

" Well, yeah its just..." he hesitated, "Your mother is gonna kill me..." he groaned.

" Well, if you're already dead, you won't have that problem." Kilaya replied wickedly.

"Alright, get 'em Gohan." Goku said, pride filling his eyes.

"Yea, ok" Gohan said as he began walking toward the creature that stood before him.

"So a boy wants to do a mans' job, huh?" Kilaya asked.

"You're too confident, that'll be your down fall." Gohan replied.

" Yeah, we'll see." Kilaya leaped into the air and lunged at Gohan.

'Wow, he's fast' Gohan thought as he began to dodge and block the punches and kicks that Kilaya threw at him.

"Well, we aren't completely out of this," Piccolo stated, " Gohan is matching Kilaya blow for blow."

"How..... can you see them?'' Goten asked, staring at the sky witha blank expression his face.

" Kakarot, you haven't taught the boy how to do that?" Vegeta asked aggrivatedly.

"Um... no" he squeaked.

Slapping a hand to his face, Vegeta turned back to Goten, " Don't use your eyes, focus on their energy."

" Okay." Goten said. After about a minute or two, Goten exclaimed, " I see them I can see them!!"

"Good, now watch the fight.." Vegeta mumbled.

Turning back to the fight, they saw both Gohand and Kilaya staring each other down, out of breath.

 

"She's finally asleep."Videl said walking back into the kitchen.

"Good, 18 doesn't need to sit here and cry her eyes out. It's only gonna get worse before it gets better." Bulma said.

"Yea no kidding." ChiChi agree from the stove where she was making tea.

"You're stronger than I thought." Kilaya panted.

"Really...."Gohan replied, panting just as hard.

"But frankly, " he straightened up, " You won't make it that much longer."

"Huh?" Gohan asked, with a confused look on his face.

 

~"You can't win boy!" Kilaya yelled, running after the retreating demi-saiyan.

"Maybe not, but I can weaken you!" Gohan said turning around and firing multiple energy blasts at Kilaya. Sweat and blood running down his face.~

 

Vegeta growled and shook his head. 'What's going on?' he asked himself, ' You don't just start getting visions in the middle of a battle, so what's he trying to do? He must have something up his sleeve so I had better keep my guard up.' Shutting his eyes, he shook his head once more trying to clear his mind.

"Uh... dad?" Trunks asked owrriedly, " What's wrong?"

"Huh?" Opening his eyes, he looked at his son, " Nothing." he replied.

"Okay...." Trunks said, knowing that it wasn't 'Nothing' that was bothering his father.

 

"What are you talking about?" Gohan asked Kilaya.

"Well, I guess you could say its a secret." Kilaya smirked, " Besides, you'll find out soon enough."

"Whatever you say." Gohan said, " Now let's finish this." Gohan then phased out.

"Gladly," Kilaya said following in hot pursuit.

'This kids stronger than I thought. I may have to use my maximum power on this one." Kilaya thought as Gohan conitnued his assault.

Finally catching Kilaya with his guard down, Gohan kicked him in the gut and gave him a punch to the face causing Kilaya to fly towards the fround below.

"Yeah! Gohan!" Goten yelled, jumping up and down.

Just before he hit the ground, Kilaya managed to regain control. He flipped in mid-air adn landed on his feet. 'Yes, I will most definitely need to use my maximum power on this one.' Kilaya growled as he wiped the blood from his mouth.

Gohan landed in front of Kilaya, glaring at him with an intense gaze. Kilaya just evilly smiled back.

'He's planning something, and I have a bad feeling that it's the end of the road for Gohan," Vegeta's brows furrowed further, ' and the rest of us'

 

"Ugh..." Bulma groaned and held her head.

"Bulma what's wrong?" ChiChi ran to her friend with Videl following.

"Vegeta."

"What about him?" Videl asked.

"Somethings gonna happen.... to Vegeta" Bulma said as she pushed her way to the back door.

"Wait! Bulma! Where are you going?" Videl yelled after her Taking a capsule from her bag, Bulma proceeded to activate it. "I've got to try to save him." she said climbing intot he pilot seat.

"Wait, how do you know?" Chi Chi yelled after her.

"Just trust me!" Bulma shot off into the sky leaving the two women behind.

 

"Well I guess its time for you to see my true power." Kilaya stated calmly.

"What do you mean?" Gohan asked, eyes open wide in shock.

"I mean that I've only been toying with you" he said smirking.

 

"He's not using his full power?" Vegeta exclaimed.

"That's not good." Trunks said.

"No kidding." Goku said.

"Surprise, surprise." Kilaya said, bolts of electricity fly around is bulky frame. Rocks began to fly into the air and veins started to pop onto his forehead, then Kilaya's power level sky rocketed.

'No. He's too powerful.' Gohan's trembling form begain stumbling backward. 'I can't do this'

As quickly as it began Kilaya's power up was complete. "Bang" he said raising a finger to Gohan's chest. The blast raced through the air until finally it hit it's target. Gohan gasped in pain.

"Gohan! No! Gohan!" Goten yelled, trying to get to his older brother, but he was stopped by his father.

"Goten stay here." he said, sadness in his voice.

"No let me go!"

Falling to the ground, Gohan writhed in pain.

Sensing things would only get worse, Goku delivered a blow to the back of Goten's neck, rendering him unconcious. Turning to his eldest son's body that was writhing in pain. Finally, not wanting to see him suffer any longer, Goku brought himself to let him go. Knowing there was nothing else he could, he delivered the last blow. It was the hardest thing he could do.

"I'm so sorry, Gohan." He said, shutting his tear filled eyes, trying to block out the visions of his eldest son's lifeless body.

 

"Oh no." Roshi said.

"Do we tell them?" Yamcha asked.

"Tell us what" ChiChi asked.

"It's Gohan isn't it?" Videl asked pushing ChiChi out of the way.

"I'm sorry." Roshi said, handigng his head.

"Oh, god" Videl sobbed as the tears slipped down her cheeks. "Videl..." ChiChi said as she hugged her daughter-in-law, trying to comfort her.

"Uh.. ChiChi?" Yamcha asked looking behind her, "Where's Bulma?"

Looking straight at Yamcha she said nothing.

"No, she didn't..." Yamcha said, his voice trembling.

"Yeah, she did, she went to the battle field." ChiChi said.

"But Kilaya said he'd kill anyone who he didn't call out!" Yamcha yelled.

"I know, but, I honestly don't think Vegeta would let anything happen to her. I think beneath that icy exterior, deep inside he really loves her. Why else would he have stuck around as long as he did?" ChiChi asked, "Like she told us, just trust her, ok?"

"Yeah..." Yamcha said looking at the floor.

"Besides, it'll take her a day to get there with as slow as the plane she took is. So don't worry" ChiChi said, 'Vegeta, I hope I'm right about you, that you really do love her and you'll keep her from harm.'

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Sorry it took me so long to get this chapter out. So I hope it is a good chapter. Remember you can email me and let me know how you like my story so far.

Kiore


Table of Contents
Chapter 7
Chapter 9