Disclaimer: Standard disclaimer applies. I don't own DBZ or its characters. They belong to Akira Toriyama.

Authors note: As I said b-4, Kilaya and Kylosa are my creations, don't take them. Also violence and language warnings. They could get to intense for younger readers. You have been warned. Also though I might not say it in the fic, Videl is pregnant w/Pan, 18 w/ Marron.


Chapter 5: Countdown To The Battle Begins


"Where were you last night!" Bulma yelled as Vegeta walked in the door carrying a sleeping Trunks in his arms. "I've been worried sick! Do you even care what I've been going through you asshole?!"

"We were training." Vegeta said as he walked past her to the sofa, ignoring the snide remark.

"I looked everywhere you weren't in the gravity room. Where were you training if you weren't in the gravity room?" Bulma asked as she watched Vegeta place Trunks on the sofa and cover him with a blanket.

"We were at the lookout. We taught Kakarot's youngest and Trunks the fusion technique. They'll be the answer in the fight with Kilaya, whether we win or lose." Vegeta said sadly.

Bulma just stared at him in shock, " Are you serious?" she asked him worriedly.

"Yes," he said turning to face her, " Why? Don't you believe me?"

" Yeah, but I guess I don't want to believe it." Bulma said, she immediately dropped her head to look at the floor.

" Don't worry, I told you," Vegeta said as he walked towards her, "I am going to stop Kilaya, and nothing, I mean nothing, is going to happen to you or Trunks." he said as he lifted her head with a gloved hand.," You believe me?"

Bulma just looked at him and smiled, and in that smile she told him everything. She trusts him with her life and their sons life.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Commander!" Kilaya yelled.

" Yes sir?" the Commander squeaked as he ran to answer Kilaya's call.

" I want you to find me a communications device so I can contact the people of the pathetic little dustball of a planet."

" Yes, sir. Right away." he ran off to find the commnicator.

'This one might make it longer than Kylosa did' Kilaya thoguht as he smirked wickedly at the retreatign form of the newest commander.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Goku! Why the hell did you take Goten out of his bed to train?!" Chichi yelled as Goku and Goten cowered in a corner.

" But Chichi, it was special circumstances! I honestly wasn't trying to get you mad. We had to take him and Trunks to the lookout to learn the fusion techniques."

" That is still no reason why you coouldn't have waited to take him and Trunks until the morning." Chi Chi said as she turned away from her husband, face red with anger.

" Actually there is a reason." Goku said sheepishly not sure if he wanted to risk getting in more trouble.

" Well spill it!" Chichi yelled.

" Vegeta called all of us out last night because Kilaya entered Earths atmosphere. He's here, getting ready for battle." Goku began to get a little braver, " and since we didn't know how long we had until he attacked, we took them to the lookout to learn the fusion." Chichi turned to face her husband, " Why did they HAVE to learn the fusion?" she asked confused.

"Well Vegeta told us Kilaya is scared of the Saiyans, especially the half-Saiyans, because they are even stronger than full-blooded Saiyans. Now when me and Vegeta fuse, we are strong, but not anywhere as strong as when hybrids fuse. They are the strongest warrior in the universe." he finished almost yelling.

"Goku, sorry. I didn't know" Chichi said.

"Vegeta also said that Goten and Trunks were probably the last hope the Earth has to survive."

ChiChi just stood there speechless. Then, she fainted.

'Real smooth, Goku."he though as he went to help his fallen wife.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Sire! We found a communicator. But its off a few miles. Would you like us to fly you to it?"

"No, I'll fly myself." Kilaya set off in search of the communicator.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Dad! Come here quick!" Trunks yelled as the television screen flashed pictures.

"What is it Trunks?!' Vegeta yelled as he made his way to the family room, with Bulma in hot pursuit.

"Look at this!" Trunks said pointing to the television screen.

Following his sons finger, Vegeta looked at the television, there amongst cowering workers stood Kilaya.

'Kilaya' Vegeta thought as his eyebrows furrowed. "It's him." Bulma just looked at her husband worriedly. 'I've got to tell Kakarot'

*Kakarot!*

*Huh? Vegeta?*

*Yeah it's me. Where are you?* Vegeta said aggrivatedly.

*Training, why?*

*Go inside and turn the tv on to channel 5. Hurry*

*Okay* Goku hesitated before running inside to turn on the television. *Kilaya!*

*Yes. Its him, tell everyone and hurry tell them to come to Capsule Corp immediately. I'll watch the Tv so I know what's going on, got it?*

*I'm on it* Goku said.

*For once you listen to me huh? Well there's a first for everything, even if you are low class shit.* Vegeta joked.

*I'll pretend I didnt hear that* Goku said. *I've got a job to do, I'll see you at Capsule Corp.*

*Same* Vegeta said as he turned his attention back to the Tv.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Goku arrived at Capsule Corp withing 15 minutes with everyone with him.

"So what's happened?" Piccolo asked.

"Nothing except he's killed three or four workers." Vegeta said as his hands balled into fists at his sides.

'Attention people of Earth! I have a message for your Special Forces. I will battle them to decide the fate of the planet in five days.' Kilaya stated, with a wicked smile on his face, 'If they do not show, then I will take it into my hands to destroy the planet. The following people will be the only ones to be there at the designated area' Kilaya smiled.

The Z-warriors waited anxiously to see if their name would be called.

'Goku, Piccolo, Gohan, Krillin, Goten, Trunks, and Vegeta.' Each of the Z-warriors that weren't called, breathed a sight of relief. 'If people other than those whom I called show, I will kill them on the spot. Now till then' Kilaya proceeded to blast himself through the ceiling.

"Damn him!" Piccolo yelled.

"What?"Bulma, ChiChi, Videl and 18 asked at the same time.

"Don't you see what he did?" Gohan said.

"No, what did he do?" Bulma asked.

"He called out the strongest warriors."Vegeta said, "That way, if he beats us, he won't have too much of a challege to finish the job."

"I guess there's only one thing I have to say, "Krillin said.

"What's that?" 18 asked

" Let the training begin."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Well there's chapter 5 for you, Do you like? Hate it? I need to know! email me feedback. I'm out of school now so chapters should come out faster than before. Thanx for your support.

Kiore :)


Table of Contents
Chapter 4
Chapter 6