Disclaimer: Do I really have to tell you again that I don’t own anything?!? But ah well! I finally got it done!!! The last chapter!!! HAPPY ME!!! ^_ ^ *smiles and grins * I really REALLY hope you like it, cause I’ve been really stressed over family matters, so I hope it’s good enough for ya…. Anyways, PLEASE r/r for me!!! And I’m thinking of maybe doing a sequel… hmmm… So you gotta tell me if you want one or not!!! But anyway, ONWARD!!!

 

Chapter 8

 

Mystic silently slipped through the forest carrying her precious baggage. She was lucky that the little brat, Rogue, had stepped in when she had. If not… Mystic shuddered at the thought of what the man would have done to her.

This man… what had they called him? Oh yes! Vegeta… He was the creature she had summoned from beyond the portals to help Magneto’s magnificent scheme. Too bad that stupid blue haired woman had to get in her way. Mystic smirked. But it didn’t matter. She now had the woman and her creature. There was no way that this plan would fail… All they needed was Vegeta’s energy.

Mystic soon came to a clearing, but instead of just crossing over it, she knocked on a nearby knotted tree. There was a clicking sound and the ground split open to reveal an underground hideout. Mystic gave an evil smile, golden eyes flashing as she padded down into the earth. She came to a heavy door that swung open to allow her entrance. She entered the darkened room.

Her comrades, Toad and Sabertooth met her almost immediately. They gave her a strange look when she dumped the man down on the floor. Toad blinked slowly.

"What is this for?" He scrunched his nose up in disgust. "Why’d you bring a human here?" Mystic rolled her eyes.

"Trust you, Toad, to be the idiot. Look closer! Does he look like a human to you?" Mystic snapped. Toad peered carefully at the man and noticed something he hadn’t seen before. This guy had a tail! A fuzzy down to earth real live TAIL! Needless to say, Toad didn’t say anything else as Mystic disappeared to get Magneto. Sabertooth looked upset.

"I don’t like this. This guy smells funny to me." The large mutant grumbled. Toad sighed.

"Everything smells funny to you. But we’re just supposed to follow orders. Geesh! It’s not as if this guy’s going to hurt you! What’s he going to do? Blow you up?" Toad jeered. Sabertooth was about to snarl an insult back when another voice reached them.

"Yes, he could blow you up, boys. Easily at that." Magneto stepped into the light, frowning slightly at the crumpled figure on the floor. "Why doesn’t someone take care of that? Are we just going to leave him there so he can recover and escape?" Toad looked mortified.

"Oh yea. Sorry." He mumbled, running into an adjoining room to prepare the cage. Mystic melted from the shadows to stand next to Magneto.

"You did well, Mystic. I’m very proud of you." He told her before walking to Vegeta’s side. Magneto nudged the still body with his foot just as Toad came scampering back into the room.

"I got it!!! And I even have it completely done!!!" Toad crowed in excitement. Magneto gave a cruel smirk before nodding to Sabertooth.

"Very well. Let us get ready to put our plan into action! Soon, humans will bow to mutants and we will suffer no more!" Magneto strode from the room, leaving the three mutants to look after him. Mystic turned to the guys.

"Well?" She snapped. "What are you waiting for?" Sabertooth growled, but obediently slung the tailed man over his shoulder and went after Magneto. Toad shrugged and began to leave, but Mystic stopped him. He looked at her quizzically.

"Go get the woman." Mystic ordered coldly. Toad paused for a moment before giving a slow nod. He wasn’t looking forward to fighting with that feisty woman again. She’d left some nasty bruises when he’d tried to get her before. But Toad would rather face the blue haired woman than Mystic, so he trotted from the room, turning in a different direction than the others. Mystic watched him go.

"Soon…" She murmured. "Soon the world will be ours…" With that, she followed her companions, an unholy gleam in her eyes…

The X-men were forced to travel back to headquarters and tell the Professor of their defeat. Needless to say, the Professor wasn’t happy with them. It was probably one of the first times he had been so angry. It took him a few minutes to cool off, and when he did, the X-men asked if they should follow Vegeta and help. The Professor shook his head.

"Whatever happens now is his own decision. There is no way we could get there in time to save him even if I allowed you." The Professor looked at them piercingly. "I know that most of you don’t care for him, but I know he’s stronger than he looks. Believe me when I say that the strength of love will save both him and Bulma."

All the X-men looked very confused at this bit of information, except Rogue. She had silently slipped away, astounded by the amount of power that was still coursing through her body. And along with that power came parts of his knowledge.

Rogue was very confused at the many things she saw from his mind. She had never really thought that such hideous aliens had existed. But that was the least of her worries. From his thoughts she could feel his yearning to go back home… to go back to his own dimension. Rogue felt so guilty for stealing his energy and causing him to be taken… She had to do something to make herself feel better, so she went to the lab where Bulma had worked in, searching through her minimal notes that she had written.

It didn’t take Rogue long to find what she wanted. Bulma had already mapped and written out a very detailed description of how to make an inter-dimensional transport that would take Bulma and the Saiyan back home. Rogue bit back a grin. She ran to the others, barely able to hold in her excitement as she burst through the doors.

Everyone looked at her in annoyance at the sudden interruption. But when they realized who it was, they settled down. The Professor raised an eyebrow at the young girl’s grin. She walked to his side and gave him the notes.

"This is what we can do to help." She said triumphantly. The Professor’s eyes widened as he read Bulma’s writings. The other X-men just watched in curiosity, but were silenced from the look on the Professor’s face. Finally the Professor gave a nod and smiled at Rogue.

"You’re right, my dear. This is perfect." Immediately he began to get organized, showing the plans to the X-men and gathering some mutant scientists to assist them.

Rogue mentally grinned. Now, perhaps, Vegeta would forgive her… She turned to look out the window of the room she was in. She slowly gathered the energy that she had stolen into her palm. Then Rogue opened the window and released the glowing ball she had created. Rogue watched in slight awe as the energy lifted into the sky and flickered away in a blue stream. She hoped it would go back to Vegeta. But this was the best she could do to help. Rogue bit her lip, staring into the clear blue sky.

Wherever you are… I wish you luck…

Bulma pouted as she sat in the metal cell. She was extremely pissed at having been tricked into being kidnapped. She muttered curses under her breath. The stupid jerks had taken her capsules, leaving her actually stuck for once. And she couldn’t reach the lock through the thick bars so she couldn’t get herself out. Those bakas are going to pay for this… Bulma fumed mentally, but she was getting really bored.

Bulma scowled moodily at the wall. How long is it going to take for Vegeta to get here? Bulma paused, focusing on Vegeta’s presence in her mind. She began to get worried when all she got back was a humming blank, as if Vegeta was unconscious. She frowned. This was bad. Bulma didn’t think that any of the mutants had the power to knock Vegeta out, but then again, maybe she was wrong.

Just then a clinking noise sounded and the heavy metal door swung open. Bulma gave a surprisingly threatening growl before lunging at the scrawny man in the doorway. Toad looked at her warily, giving a shriek as Bulma tackled him.

"AHH!!! GET OFF ME!!!" He screamed, struggling to subdue her. Bulma continuously pounded on him.

"You JERK!!! How dare you lock me up!!! You let me go this instant!!! Or else…" Bulma trailed off, leaving the threat hanging. Toad visibly paled.

"Uh… right… Um… Well, I just need you to come with me." Toad grabbed her wrist, trying to tug her down the hall. Bulma slapped him.

"Don’t TOUCH me, you creep!!! Why would I follow you?!?" Bulma raved. Toad gulped. For some reason this blue haired human scared the living daylights out of him. He didn’t even think about using his mutant powers on her. She was like a she-devil! She was insane!!! He paused. There was one thing he could tell her that would get her to go with him.

Bulma ferociously glowered at the uncomfortable mutant, crossing her arms and tapping her foot impatiently.

"WELL?!?! Are you just going to stand there?! Release me at once!!" Bulma seethed. Toad held up a hand.

"There is something that you might be interested in." Toad stopped briefly to see if she was listening. She was, but not very happily. Toad saw her patience running very thin, so he hurriedly went on. "You see, we caught this tailed man that you might be interested in. We’ve got him upstairs, and if you want…" Bulma cut him off with a shriek.

"YOU’VE GOT VEGETA?!?!?" She yelped at him, shocked and worried. Toad gave a smug grin and nodded. But his grin was wiped off his face as Bulma latched onto his wrist and began to drag him down the hall.

"What are you waiting for? Take me to him… NOW!!!"

Toad blinked at the sudden change, but just silently nodded, beginning to lead her into the main room where his companions were located.

Bulma stalked after Toad with a deadly look in her eyes. By Kami! If they’ve so much as laid one finger on Vegeta to harm him… I’ll rip their eyes out!!! Bulma suddenly stopped thinking, startled at her possessiveness of the Saiyan Prince. She shook her head. Maybe the mutants that had kidnapped her had fed her some sort of hallucinogen. But the feeling of protective jealously returned a hundred fold as she entered the large doors to find a shocking scene.

There were the familiar mutants that had taken her: the blue shapeshifter… the strange hairy looking guy that always growled… and then the shrimpy little jumpy guy that had just brought her… And, of course, there was their leader, Magneto. She knew about him from the Professor, but she couldn’t quite recall the other mutants’ names. But that wasn’t what was holding her attention.

In the far back of the room, positioned next to a huge machine, there was a platform about two feet from the ground. On it was Vegeta clad only in a pair of shorts, who looked basically unhurt except the unnatural paleness of his olive skin. She frowned as she realized that there were strange looking chains attached to his wrists, holding him into an upright position between two poles. Both the poles had wires snaking out from them to attach to the strange, large machine she had noted before. Bulma turned to Magneto.

"What the heck are you doing to him!!!" Bulma yelled angrily. Magneto stared at her, amusement dancing in his eyes.

"Oh, don’t worry… We haven’t hurt him… yet." Magneto chuckled as Bulma’s hands clenched into fists.

"What do you mean, yet?! What are you going to do with him?" Bulma barked. Magneto raised an eyebrow.

"Demanding, now aren’t we?" Bulma just glowered at him silently. Magneto chuckled, floating up to land beside the unconscious Prince. He smirked, taking Vegeta’s chin in his hand. Bulma visibly bristled, the protectiveness returning once again. Magneto went on, ignoring her completely.

"If you must know, I am going to use this lovely little creature of yours to dominate the world." Bulma cut him off with a snort.

"Vegeta won’t listen to you!!! He’s not going to help you at all!!!" She snapped. Magneto laughed.

"Oh… You’ve got me wrong! I’m not going to try and convince him to help me! I’m just going to steal all his energy! The only thing I have to do is get him to ‘power up’ or whatever it’s called. Then his strength will be sapped and given to us so that the mutants will rule as they should!" Magneto stopped, looking quite proud of himself as he watched Bulma’s reaction. Instead of seeing the fear, Bulma just looked at him strangely.

"You know… You’re worse than Vegeta when it comes to fighting dirty." Bulma shook her head. "That’s a sad way to win battles… to use an unwilling person as a weapon." Magneto frowned at her, but soon turned to the others in the room.

"Mystic! Go start up the machine! Toad! Handcuff the girl next to the platform so she has to watch! Sabortooth… stay there just in case he tried to break free…" Magneto turned to look at Vegeta’s prone form before slapping the Prince on the face. Vegeta gave a small groan of protest, face scrunching as he began to wake up. Bulma bit her lip, unable to free herself from the bonds that held her hands. She watched Vegeta rouse from unconsciousness with apprehension.

Magneto was getting frustrated as Vegeta stayed unconscious. He scowled before turning to Mystic.

"Why isn’t he waking up?" Magneto demanded. Mystic paused for a moment before giving an answer.

"Rogue stole his energy, so perhaps his mind is in shock."

Magneto growled. He turned to Bulma flying to her side with a deadly purpose in his eyes.

"I really hate to do this, young lady, but I have to have the alien awakened if I am to get his power. Now, either you wake him up, or else I’ll have to do something more… drastic."

Bulma just stared at him in stubborn rage, jaw set.

"I’m not going to do anything you say." She stated firmly. Toad growled, twisting her arm painfully behind her back. Bulma bit back a gasp as the pain tore through her limb. Magneto leaned forward so that they were eye to eye.

"Do I have to make myself any clearer?" He hissed in her face. Bulma gulped but didn’t say anything, glaring at him. Magneto backed away with a sigh, giving Toad a small gesture. Toad grinned maliciously.

"If you don’t do what he says, I’ll be happy to break all the bones in your body." Toad lisped at her. Bulma felt a twinge of fear, but she just wouldn’t betray Vegeta again… she had already hurt him before, so she wasn’t going to repeat the situation. Toad twisted her arm again, causing her to cry out at the sharp agony shooting up her shoulder.

Vegeta stirred, face becoming harder as his head began to tilt from side to side. Bulma bit her lip so hard that it bled when there was an audible popping sound as Toad dislocated her shoulder. Tears came to her eyes as she unconsciously called out through the bond she shared with Vegeta.

As her pain intensified, Vegeta snapped awake, dark eyes becoming almost instantly alert. He snarled in rage as he saw Bulma being hurt, trying to lunge forward, but finding himself restrained from chains around his wrists. Magneto smiled, signaling for Toad to let Bulma go. Bulma collapsed on the ground, gasping for air as she tried to get the pain to clear from her mind.

Vegeta’s eyes darted around the room, taking in the situation. He was in some sort of underground building, but he couldn’t be sure of the location. He sensed five people in the room, including that annoying baka, Magneto, and Bulma. He scowled, trying to power up and rip the bonds from the poles, but a lancing agony tore through his skull as he felt his ki stripped from his body unwillingly. Vegeta immediately stopped trying to gather power, realizing that the mutants were somehow taking it from him. He glared emotionlessly at Magneto.

"What do you want?" He snarled. Magneto just casually waved his hand in the air.

"Just your energy." Vegeta stared at him incredulously, but made certain not to show any outward emotion.

"As if I’m going to allow you to do that, baka." Vegeta snorted. He would have crossed his arms and stared at the mutant with an arrogant, superior look, but found that crossing his chained hands proved to be difficult. So Vegeta just satisfied himself with the arrogant look.

Magneto gave him an appraising stare, making Vegeta uncomfortable. The mutant was silent for a few moments before talking again.

"Well, if you won’t just agree to give up your energy, than I’ll just have to find a way to force it out of you." Magneto paused, a thoughtful look on his face. "Now let’s see… hmmm… what would be the best motivation…"

Vegeta just ignored him, staring at Bulma’s crumpled figure. He was feeling strange… Was he actually worried about her? Vegeta frowned, puzzled at the new feelings in him. He had felt an incredible rage when he saw her being hurt… but what was that supposed to mean? Vegeta just scowled deeper, confused.

::Vegeta?:: A soft voice whispered tentatively into his mind. Vegeta almost lashed out telepathically when he realized who was speaking.

::Woman? What’s wrong with you? Why are you here?:: Vegeta demanded. He saw Bulma mentally grimace.

::I’m sorry, Vegeta… I’m okay… I think… I think my arms is dislocated… but other than that… I’m fine. How’d you get here?:: The curiosity was obvious in Bulma’s tone. Vegeta gave a mental growl.

::Your stupid little ‘friends’ didn’t listen to me when that baka shapeshifter tried to impersonate you. So they attacked me… and one of them actually got a hit in… It was more powerful than I thought…Alright?:: Vegeta wasn’t about to admit that Rogue had been the one to defeat him. He cursed himself mentally for being off guard. But there was nothing he could do about it now. He was snapped from the bond as Magneto slapped him.

"You aren’t listening to me." Magneto said in a deceivingly calm voice. Toad gave a snicker, but broke off with a yelp as Bulma struck out with her foot and hit him in the shins. Vegeta had to suppress a grin. There was hope for the little weakling yet.

Magneto was beginning to get annoyed. None of his threats were even phasing the tailed man. He just seemed to completely block him out. In his irate state, Magneto grabbed the most available and enticing limb that would catch the man’s attention. Magneto grabbed Vegeta’s tail, which had curled around Vegeta’s slim waist when he had awoken.

The reaction Magneto got was far greater than he had expected. Vegeta hissed in pain, eyes clenching shut as Magneto gripped his tail cruelly. But Magneto saw the pain the Prince was in, and began to get cocky once again.

"Ah yes, my little pet. Just give up your power willingly and it won’t hurt too much. But if you don’t give your power up…" Magneto trailed off as he squeezed the furry appendage tighter. Vegeta let out a small cry of pain before stubbornly tensing and staring in indignant silence at the mutant.

Magneto’s patience was wearing very thin. He yanked on the tail, hoping to make the man beg, but Vegeta just wince, face pale and shaky, but he was inflexible. Nothing would make him give in.

Bulma whimpered as she felt some of Vegeta’s pain through their connection. She hadn’t realized that pulling a Saiyan’s tail hurt that much! It was like there was an explosion ripping through her spine… But Vegeta was still silent.

Bulma watched him, impressed at his determination. But she couldn’t stand to see him suffering like this.

"Stop it!" She screamed at Magneto. He loosened his hold on Vegeta’s tail, surprised at Bulma’s outburst. That moment was all Vegeta needed. The fools hadn’t bound his legs at all, so Vegeta suddenly swept Magneto’s legs out from under him, sending the mutant tumbling to the floor in an undignified heap. Sabortooth ran to Magneto’s side, but Magneto stood up, fury and embarrassment on his face.

"Why you…! How dare you!" Magneto sputtered, too angry to think. Bulma snickered at the mutant, causing Magneto to spin and face her. Vegeta snarled, struggling to get the mutant’s attention away from Bulma. The Prince was beginning to get a bad feeling about Magneto’s suddenly icy stare.

"I don’t take kindly to people who mock me." Magneto said coldly. Bulma stared at him, hearing the deadly rage aimed at her. "Especially when that person is a human." Magneto spat. But a cruel grin crossed his face. "Fortunately for me, you’re very expendable. You’ll regret crossing me." He motioned for Sabortooth to come to his side. The mutant obeyed immediately. "Kill her." Magneto ordered. "Now."

Sabortooth looked shocked for a moment before nodding curtly. He raised a clawed hand, yanking Bulma from off the ground and dangling her in front of him as he held her by the throat.

Bulma’s eyes widened in shock and pain as she found it impossible to breathe. She struggled wildly, panicking as the agony in her oxygen starved lungs made her want to scream. But she couldn’t. There was no air to scream with. But that didn’t hamper the mental link between her and Vegeta.

Vegeta jerked in his bonds as he felt Bulma beginning to fade from life. No… He couldn’t allow that to happen! She was his bonded mate, and he’d be damned if he’d let her die. A mindless rage exploded in his mind, somehow ripping down the barriers between him and a source of unimaginable power. Vegeta screamed, power flaring from him in a startling display. Everyone in the room turned to look at him. The machine he was attached to tried desperately to take his energy, but Vegeta’s power was building too fast and too powerful. There was a protesting grinding sound before the machine began to smoke, and then exploded.

The chains on Vegeta’s wrists disintegrated as the Prince howled in tormented fury. He felt Bulma’s mind going numb, feeling an emptiness opening in his heart that wrenched all pride and caring from his mind… all he wanted was to save his mate… and something inside him snapped.

Vegeta felt power awash his body, but for once he didn’t care… His hair began to flicker before suddenly shooting into a searing flame of gold. Vegeta’s aura began to expand, lightening bolts dancing over the Saiyan’s form. Vegeta finished off with a roar of absolute possessive anger, the light condensing so that all that was left was Vegeta… a very golden Vegeta. The mutants gaped, Sabortooth dropped Bulma in shock. Vegeta didn’t gloat or boast about his new power as he usually would have, all he did was stare at them with savage teal eyes. The focused emotionless icy hatred in those eyes scared Magneto like nothing ever had before.

Vegeta’s eyes rested on a shaking Sabortooth.

"Don’t… touch… my… mate." Vegeta hissed before raising a hand and shooting a small beam at the mutant. Magneto saw it hit Sabortooth and saw the mutant scream silently before he was… gone. Just like that.

Toad attempted to run for the door, but another flare of power struck him, sending the mutant careening into unconsciousness. Magneto knew he didn’t have a chance… so he did the next best thing… he ran…

Bulma dimly felt herself being dropped to the ground, gasping in huge drought of air to gain back feeling to her limbs. She shook her head, focusing on the surrounding events and staring in shock.

The first thing she was aware of was that Sabortooth was no longer living… in fact… he was just plain… gone. Toad looked as if he was burnt road kill and Magneto and Mystic were trying to run from… a golden Vegeta? She blinked, rubbing her eyes before looking again. Yes! There he was! Vegeta was a Super Saiyan!

She heard him yell something out before a huge blue beam struck the terrified mutants. When the smoke cleared, nothing was left of them besides collapsed dirt from the new hole in the ceiling.

She gaped at Vegeta, watching him fly to land in front of her. His golden spikes fell into the normal black sheen as he rushed to her side, scowling at her.

"Are you hurt?" He roughly asked, hovering uncertainly above her. Bulma giggled. He was concerned, but his pride kept him from letting him show it. She just nodded before pulling herself to her feet.

He looked relieved.

"Good." He snapped. Bulma couldn’t help it this time. She had to bug him.

"Aw! Was the Mighty Prince of the Saiyans worried about me?" She asked teasingly. He flushed a bit, growling as he glared at her. Then he stuck his noise in the air, turning away from her.

"Of course I wasn’t worried, baka! Why would I worry about a loud mouthed annoying woman like you?"

Bulma laughed outright this time, feeling slightly giddy from her near death experience. Then she realized something. He had turned Super Saiyan because he had been scared for her! She began to stare at him in wonder.

Vegeta felt her eyes on him and turned to face her, shifting uncomfortably under her scrutiny.

"What are you staring at, baka?" He snarled. But to his surprise and slight terror, she just gave him a radiant smile. He felt his stomach churn as she walked over to him, favoring her hurt arm.

"Thanks, Vegeta. I didn’t know you cared that much!!! I’m glad I helped you reach your goal of Super Saiyan…" Bulma walked to his side, staring earnestly into his shocked face.

"What… But… You…" Vegeta spluttered as the uncomfortable atmosphere grew. He felt his face heating up as his embarrassment began to show. Finally he found his tongue.

"I did not turn Super Saiyan because of you! And I don’t care!" Vegeta huffed. Bulma leaned against him, wincing heavily. Vegeta grabbed her arm, supporting her as he felt her go weak. Then she straightened, grinning at him.

"You don’t care, huh?" Bulma snickered. "Come on, Vegeta! Why can’t you just admit it! It’s painfully obvious!" Vegeta gulped. The air suddenly felt unbearably hot to him as Bulma leaned closer to him. Nervousness was not something he was used to. She leaned so that they were almost touching noses, batting her eyes.

"Come on, Veggie-chan! Tell the truth! Please?" She gave him her best simpering voice and puppy dog look. Vegeta felt, to his absolute terror and horror, himself giving in to her wishes… but not out loud. He would never say he cared out loud… at least not yet. He swallowed hard before concentrating. But Bulma’s voice cut through his thoughts.

::I love you, Vegeta…:: Bulma’s voice was soft… and Vegeta realized with a start that she hadn’t meant for him to hear her at all. But he was gaping at her in a mixture of awe, fear, joy, and uncertainty. Bulma watched him, puzzled at the emotions that were suddenly flickering over his face.

"Vegeta…?" She asked hesitantly. He was staring at her with an intensity that was frightening. Then she felt his mind brush against her own as he sent her a message that was so quiet and timid that she almost thought she had imagined it.

::I…I l-love you… also… Bulma…::

Bulma stared at Vegeta, searching to see if she had heard him right. When she saw his eyes, she knew that he hadn’t been lying. There was a vulnerability she had never seen him show physically before, and behind that she saw a strong fear… fear of her rejecting him.

As she didn’t respond to his confession, Vegeta began to get a bit worried. What if he hadn’t heard her right and she would just blow him off? What if she doesn’t care? Or what if she just laughs? But his fears were put to rest as Bulma took his face in her hands and kissed him.

Vegeta’s eyes shot open to their widest as he stared at her. Then they slowly closed as Vegeta registered what was happening. A joy like he had never felt before crested over him and he suddenly pulled her to him roughly, kissing her with a passion that surprised them both.

Bulma gave a sound of shock before happily responding. Bulma felt Vegeta’s mouth move against her and she tentatively flickered her tongue out to stroke his lips, asking for entrance. At first he seemed baffled by her actions, but slowly opened his mouth to her, allowing her to slip in. She felt him tensing a bit as she explored his mouth. Bulma could almost taste his confusion.

It was then that she ran her tongue over his canines and abruptly jerked back. He’s teeth were sharp! She felt blood welling up in her mouth and started in shock as Vegeta’s tongue darted in to lap up the blood.

Bulma grinned against their kiss, their tongues battling one another. Vegeta’s hands were stroking her lower back, making her shiver as she felt his powerful muscles ripple. She ran her hand down his own back, reveling in the feel of the soft skin sheathing the sleek, slender body of her Prince. He moaned against her lips as her hand found his tail. The passionate tension between them was becoming unbearable. They broke apart finally, panting for air and staring at one another in awe.

Bulma reached a hand to stroke Vegeta’s high cheekbone, feeling the muscles clench beneath her touch. He didn’t move, just watched her with a burning intensity. She took advantage of his allowing mood to gently run her fingers over his face, exploring from his heavy eyebrows to his thin, soft lips, and up again to the accented widow’s peak. He gave a soft sigh.

"Bulma…" He whispered, pulling her harder against him. She smiled in response, soft wonder on her features when she heard him say her name out loud. She hugged him back, feeling him bury his face in her hair.

"Should we rent a hotel room?" A sarcastic voice sliced through their personal heaven. Vegeta leaped back from Bulma as if she had burnt him, turning bright red in embarrassment at being caught showing affection. Bulma blinked slowly, turning her stare to see who had interrupted them, and saw the whole X-men team standing before them, grinning from ear to ear. Wolverine had been the speaker, but Cyclops pulled him back as Vegeta gave a warning growl.

The Professor’s wheelchair glided forward as he smiled gently, but a bit impishly at the couple.

"It’s about time you two admitted to liking each other!" He chuckled as Bulma blushed and Vegeta scowled, trying to look intimidating, but failing miserably. His tail was poofed out to twice its normal size, lashing uneasily behind the rigid Prince. Bulma had to giggle at him.

::Shut up.:: He snapped mentally… but his words had no sting in them. The Professor stared speaking again.

"We all are very grateful for what you have done for us. In return, we have finished your dimensional transporting device. You may go home now." Bulma gave a cry of joy, jumping in excitement, but immediately wincing as she jarred her hurt shoulder. Even Vegeta forgot his embarrassment and smirked. They both started forward as Rogue held out a small device.

Bulma grabbed it, pausing to look at the X-men happily.

"Thanks so much for helping us! I’ll never forget you all!" Bulma told them, feeling a sudden affection towards them. They all murmured their farewells to one another, but not including Vegeta and Wolverine, who were glaring at one another. Bulma felt the most remorse when she came to the Professor.

"Thanks for helping me see the true Vegeta…" She whispered to him. The Professor smiled at her, eyes twinkling.

"You’re very welcome Bulma. You both deserve happiness. I knew that the strength of love between the two of you would prevail in the end!" Bulma leaned forward and hugged the Professor, giving him a small kiss on his cheek. The Professor turned a slight pink as she backed away. A low growl was heard and Bulma giggled as Vegeta glared at the Professor with an almost jealous look in his eyes.

She sauntered over to Vegeta with the dimensional device, grinning at him.

"Don’t worry, Veggie-chan!" She teased before pressing a few buttons on the device. Vegeta suddenly flashed her an evil grin.

"I’m not, woman! You should be the one who’s worried…"

A bright light surrounded the both of them as the device began to work. Bulma waved goodbye while Vegeta frowned. She felt a burning sensation rip through her, making her collapse in sudden shock. Vegeta caught her, picking her up and holding her to his powerful, warm chest. She lay her head against his shoulder smiling in content as his dark ebony eyes met her own stare.

::Don’t leave me, Vegeta.:: Bulma begged softly. Vegeta gave a gentle snort mentally.

::As long as you don’t go and be a hypocrite!:: He shot back, giving her a smug look as their surroundings swirled. Bulma grinned. That was as close as Vegeta would come to agreeing and asking her to stay with him. Then she heard his teasing voice in her head.

::And also as long as you promise not to cook I’ll stay… I mean, I don’t have a death wish…:: Bulma slapped him on the arm teasingly, ignoring the strange tingles that shot through her as she moved. Her eyes sparkled with joy and love as she stared into his fathomless gaze. They were both silent as she searched his eyes, gasping as she saw what she had sought for.

Bulma settled down in her new mate’s arms, a content smile on her face as she saw her love and adoration was returned in full force. Things were going to be much different from now on… Bulma thought as they phased back into their own world. Vegeta absently held her closer to himself as the other Z-senshi landed in front of them with puzzled and disapproving anger on their faces. Vegeta snarled, holding her possessively and unintentionally letting her feel his strong emotions through their bond, Bulma grinned secretly. Yes… But the change was for the better… definitely for the better… And she felt Vegeta’s whole-hearted agreement as he sensed her thoughts, both finally at rest, loneliness sated as they had found their soul mate in one another.

* * * * *

*sobs and sniffles * Now that’s so sweet!!! PLEASE don’t be TOO hard on me… For goodness sakes!! I was getting kinda sick of the X-men at the end… so I didn’t really focus on them much at all… But I hope you liked it!!! And I was thinking of writing a sequel… You know… about how the meeting between the Z-senshi and the long lost Bulma and Vegeta goes… Tell me if you want me to or not!!! I’ll write it only if I get MANY reviews!!! (*hee hee! * That’s inspiration for ya!!!) ^__^ So REVIEW and tell me your thoughts!!! THANKS!!!


Back to Fanfiction
Back to Main
Table of Contents
Back to Chapter 7