Disclaimer: Okay, insert standard disclaimer here: Well, now that that is done, I’ve finished the second chapter!!!! YAAAYY!! Please read this and tell me what you think. I know it’s short, but I’ve got chores to do around the house and my sisters booting me off the computer. *sigh * Ah well, I wrote this in about fifteen minutes, so please be easy on me. I also am still making it combined with X-men, since I’ve already thought out the story. If you don’t like X-men, don’t worry!!! It’s definitely going to focus on Vegeta and Bulma! You just have to ignore the other parts!!! Well, r/r for me please! Onward!!!

 

Chapter 2

 

The flash of light and pain didn’t knock Vegeta out as it had the woman in his grips. He bit his lip, trying to keep from crying out as the shards of debris pierced his skin and tore through his flesh. He had erected a ki shield to protect them, but it wasn’t even close to full strength. Vegeta cursed his stupidity. All the hours of relentless training and then, being injured by his own blast were finally taking their toll. Vegeta was much weaker than usual.

He shifted the woman in his grip, curling around her to protect her fragile body from the blast. Why, he didn’t know. All he could figure was that she was the only one who knew how to work the regeneration tank. But somehow that didn’t ring true.

Vegeta waited for the full impact of the blast to hit him. But, strangely, it never came. He heard a sound that set his teeth on edge as the blast somehow tore a whole in the dimensional barrier. He closed his eyes as both him and the woman were thrown brutally into the hole.

Colors and patterns swirled through his mind as the numbing pain ripped through his body. He opened his mouth to cry out silently, back arching under the agony, but he still clutched doggedly to the woman’s still frame.

Then, all was silent. Vegeta stirred, pushing the rubble off him and the woman. He checked her pulse, relief flooding through him as he saw she was fine.

"Who the heck are you?" a loud arrogant voice called out behind him. Vegeta turned around, snarling his challenge at whoever had chosen to bug him. He stopped, blinking in shock.

The old man before him was dressed in a cape, floating through the air along with other various shards of mettle. What the heck was that?!?!?! The man smiled evilly.

"So, young man. What kind of stupidity drove you to try and interrupt my plans?" The man sneered, raising his hands above his head. Other mettle objects reacted to his silent call and floated up with the man.

"I don’t know who the heck you are or what you’re trying to prove, but if you get in my way, I won’t hesitate to kill you!!!" Vegeta rasped out in an anger filled growl. The old man laughed, thoroughly finding this amusing.

"Young idiot human!! What kind of power do you think you have over me?!?? For I am Magneto!!! You shall be the first to die from my machine!!!" Magneto cried, his power striking out to hit a strangely shaped machine. Vegeta growled deep in his throat.

"BAKA!!! Watch what you say!!! I’m insulted that you even suggest that I’m human!!! I don’t want anything to do with those low life pathetic weaklings!!!"

Magneto paused in his labor, surprised at both Vegeta’s outburst and the final realization that he was holding someone else.

"Well then, what are you? Are you another mutant?" Magneto questioned haughtily. Vegeta scowled furiously, trying to ignore the feeling of nausea that was taking over his pain wracked body.

"Mutant?!?! Of course I’m not a mutant!!! I am Vegeta!!! Prince of all Saiyans!!!!" Vegeta snapped. He struggled to his feet, holding the woman gently in his arms. He glared up at the old man above him.

Magneto looked at him in mild amusement. "What is a Saiyan? Oh well, the outcome will still be the same!!! We mutants will rule the world as the humans parish!!!" Magneto laughed cruelly. Vegeta’s eyebrows rose. This old man was a few monkeys short of a zoo! Then the full meaning of the old man’s words hit him. Vegeta straightened his stature, trying not to show how much effort this was taking him.

"What do you mean that humans will parish?" Vegeta snapped crossly, getting sick of the whole conversation. Magneto laughed again.

"Well, since you will die anyway, I might as well spread my genius! This machine," Magneto explained, gesturing to his left, "has the ability to, once it’s fully charged, to release a gas into the atmosphere that makes mutants more powerful and kills a humans immune system. Therefore, humans will die as the mutants take control of the world!" Magneto proudly began to use more power on the machine. Vegeta grimace. Not even I would do something like this!!! And wait!!! Bulma’s a human!!! Vegeta’s face clouded in anger.

"I won’t allow you to do this…." Vegeta said in a calm, chilling tone. Magneto was surprised. He hadn’t expected the creature below to resist him. Then, the old mutant grinned.

"Well then, I just better dispose of you and that girl you have right now!!!" With that, Magneto paused in charging the machine and aimed a dozen sharp poles straight at Vegeta.

Vegeta tensed in grim anticipation of the coming blow. He gathered his strength, ready to put up the last of his ki as a barrier.

"Now DIE!!!" Magneto screamed as the poles suddenly lurched forward, hurtling towards the hurt pair on the ground. Vegeta howled.

His ki exploded around him in a brilliant display of blue, causing the first few poles to slam into his barrier, but not break through. Magneto gaped in amazement before growling and pressing the poles even harder into the swirling energy around Vegeta.

Vegeta struggled to keep up the barrier. Usually it wouldn’t have been a problem, but with him severely weakened, he could feel the mettle poles inching there way towards him and the woman. Vegeta looked down at the girl in his arms. A sudden rush of emotion ran through his entire being, causing him to realize what he had to do next.

Abruptly, Vegeta’s ki shield condensed, surrounding only Bulma’s still form. Vegeta saw the poles come at him, but ignored them, struggling to protect the woman. He dodged the first one and the second one, but it was impossible for him to keep up that speed and protect Bulma. Vegeta sighed. He’d always trusted the woman’s ability to get people out of a tight spot, and so, with grim resolve, Vegeta took the ki-protected body into his grip and awaited the incoming blows.

Agony ripped through him as one of the poles jammed into his back, tearing savagely through the muscles and bone. Vegeta let out a scream of pain and anger as the mettle pole tore through his body. White-hot jolts of pain shot through his body as he convulsed, collapsing into a writhing heap, but still holding to the woman. He almost sobbed in relief as darkness began to take over his pain filled mind. But before he passed out, Vegeta released from himself all the anger, pain, frustration, and shock that he was suffering. Magneto cried out in shock as the creature below him began to pulse with a living energy, despite being impaled.

Magneto barely had time to run for his life when the whole building seemed to implode with Vegeta’s released energy. Then Vegeta knew no more.

 

Bulma stirred from the dark abyss that had been holding her consciousness. Groaning, she shifted her complaining muscles just to discover she couldn’t move much. She blinked in shock as the past events came rushing into her mind. Bulma immediately began to struggle.

"Vegeta!!!" She cried before she realized she was laying on him. Bulma shrieked as she discovered he was holding her tightly in his arms.

"Vegeta!!! Let go of me!!!" Bulma couldn’t make out his features in the near darkness of the strange surroundings. Vegeta didn’t answer her. Bulma growled as she shifted, feeling finally coming back to her numb limbs. "Vegeta!!! You BAKA!!!" she yelped in shock as she noticed something hard pressing into her thighs. "You don’t have to FORCE yourself on me!!!" She screamed.

When he once again didn’t respond, Bulma wound her hand up and slapped him as hard as she could across the face. Bulma paused in confusion as her hand came back wet and sticky. Her eyes narrowed and she peered at him closer before reeling back in shock.

It was blood.

Vegeta lay below her, completely covered in blood. His face was deathly pale and he was bleeding from his nose and mouth. Bulma gasped in horror.

"No…" she murmured softly, managing to wiggle from his grasp. She looked down to where she thought he had been aroused but, much to her horror, she found a javelin of mettle piercing through his back and stomach. That was all Bulma could take. She screamed.

* * * * *

*phew! * Sorry folks!!! Another cruel cliffhanger!!!! Well, I only got to add in one of the X-men characters, but I thought I did a good job!! ^_^ Please tell me what you think!!! REVIEW!!! The more reviews, the sooner the next part comes out!!! Bye!!!


Table of Contents
Chapter 1
Chapter 3