DISCLAIMER: I don't own any of these DBZ characters... yadda yadda.. ^_~. and I make no move on claiming them too.

Author's Notes: Hello there again~! I'm here once more.. anyway, If you're just wondering about the last chappy why did I let Bulma leave a note telling Vegeta where she'd gone to, well, I made it that way to complicate the plot more and I guess.. to complete the purpose of her leaving. Anyway, here's Chapter Eight~!

*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

CHAPTER VIII - MEMORIES

*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

The New king Vegeta quickly left the party upon hearing the sound of alarm. He didn't like this, he feels as if something was wrong, and he ought to find out what is 'wrong' on these turn of events.

Speeding up to the space port, he quickly remembered not seeing Bulma at the party.

:: could this be related to her?.. nah.. it's not possible, she was just there a while ago, there's no way she could.. :: he thought.

:: but there IS a WAY :: he finished as he dashed through the main entrance of the port, earning bows and respective greeting.

He finally reached his destination and looked around wildly, looking for someone, when he did found one, he asked immediately what was this about.

The soldier, a bit nervous, just said, "Someone.... spacepods... escaped.. killed-uh-one...,"

This made Vegeta angrier than ever, "SPEAK soldier! I don't understand you!," he commanded, in that very intimidating voice of his.

The soldier just stood straighter than before, and now spoke clearly, with a few rattles, "Two girls tried to get a spacepod, the other one was killed, while.. uh.. the other one.. escaped..,"

Eyes turning wide as saucers, Vegeta lets his anger be known, "You, soldier, is one of the ELITE port soldiers, and you let a WOMAN escape?!, tell me, who was killed.. SPEAK!,"

Clipping his hands on either sides, the soldier mumbled something incoherent. Which made Vegeta more furious than ever.

"CLEARLY!," he commanded.

"I believe the woman's name was Cyan McFord, your highness," the soldier stated humbly.. if numbly (from this terrible scare) that is..

Unbelieving, Vegeta asked another question, "Now, tell me soldier,.. who escaped?,"

"We didn't even caught a clear glance on the other woman, all we saw is some flash of blue hair," the soldier said.

Upon hearing the statement, 'blue-haired', Vegeta was gone in mere seconds and could be found after a minute standing on his 'friend's' door. He turned on the knob, and saw....

Nothing.

Nothing peculiar, no Bulma either, everything was neatly made. He roamed his eyes for a while, looking if there would be something that would... then a piece of paper caught his eyes, and he quickly launched himself to get the letter and read it.

After reading and rereading, he crumbled the paper and sat on the edge of the bed, an unwelcome feeling creeping over his whole emotions, taking over him, possessing him.

"How could you break.. our... your promise?," he whispered to himself as he stared at the crumpled paper he was holding.

Blurring images settled on his eyesight, and then after a flash, pearly white translucent liquids came snaking down his cheeks, he wiped them off his face and stared at it with disbelief, how could he be crying?

Now, he has the first-hand proof that friends and love are only weakness... weakness that could eat your whole personality, an ache that would never stop even for ages..

How could he let himself be hurt like this. He didn't know. But he know one thing, even though, the onna gave him a weakness, admitting this part is hard.. but he would.. no, needed to see her, one more time.. he wanted her to pay for what she did.. but he knew he couldn't kill her, just make her suffer. Using his own way.

:: Now where did she say she was going to? :: he thought.

"Ah.. homeland..," he whispered as sadness took over his emotions.

:: CHIKYUU ::

*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

[ 3 years after.. ]

"Hey Bulma.. honey!.. Yamcha's here!," Mr. Briefs called her already 20 year old daughter from downstairs, hoping for her to hear him from her room upstairs.

Snapping out of reverie, Bulma quickly stood up from her bed, "Coming!," she yelled, she looked at her vanity mirror for at least a hundredth time just making sure that her newly curled frills would be just perfect for tonight. Totally opposite from what was going on with her mind.. haunted memories of teen hood 3 years ago, leaving her one and only living friend.

"Very far from perfect," she whispered as she turned around to see how her reflection would be. She and Yamcha would be going out tonight, and would be celebrating their 3rd anniversary, she wore a maroon strapless, mini dress that came just before her knee, and she knew it suits her perfectly, if she says so, herself.

Before going down she put on her brand new, $800 worth of sandals, a double string sandals that seems to be the new fad of the year. After putting everything on, she headed downstairs unto her date.

"Yamcha~!," she said happily as she lunged herself towards him, needing for a comforting kiss.

Yamcha opened up his arms to catch Bulma, "Hey Babe, you look beautiful tonight," he complemented as he drooped his head a little lower for him to touch her full lips with his, savouring it's softness.

Bulma threw back her head, breaking the heart-warming kiss, "Happy anniversary," she greeted him.

Instead of greeting her in return, Yamcha just kissed her once more, more fiercely than before, letting their oxygen run out from their lungs. After he let go of Bulma, she felt a little wobbly from lack of air.

"C'mon.. we have a full night ahead of us," Bulma urged him, taking his arms.

More than willing, Yamcha obliged.

*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

[ on Vegeta-sei.. ]

"I'm wishing for your full cooperation, Vegeta," Frieza told the young king, "I think, being allies will bring us good fortune,"

The young king just sat down on his throne, looked at the pink creature on front of him, he could think of any way, rather, any reasons why this horned creature is so powerful. Maybe more powerful than him. But it was useless to think about that.

"Frieza, being allies doesn't mean you would have the right to interfere with this planet's economy," Vegeta stated.

"Why would I engage myself with this planet's own... business, shall we say.. " the pink-skinned horned creature taunted, he love to taunt the young king since it was obvious that he was not a sport and could easily be angered.

"You may leave now, our business is finished, we would start being allies from this day on," Vegeta told him.

Frieza smirked and crossed his arms, "Now.. what would you like to do, now that you're the King? and an ally of the most powerful creature on the whole universe, I suggest, that we conquer a planet and sell it afterwards after getting it's... usefulness,"

Vegeta couldn't believe this creature's rudeness and bluntness, :: Now I know the reason why father disliked this creature so much, but it wouldn't do good if he's one of our enemy's too, :: he reasoned inside his mind.

:: Besides, conquering a planet means.. a chance to see that loud-mouthed brat from 3 years ago, :: he thought as he let himself develop that usual smirk on his face.

"A good suggestion, Frieza, now.. may I be the one to suggest which planet?," Vegeta asked, but not waiting to be answered.

"A good planet would be Chikyuu," he stated.

Frieza's eyes twitched for a moment, "But I believe there's a treaty that's saying Vegeta-sei wouldn't hurt the citizens there if they follow some regulations right? and I believe your father signed the contract,"

Vegeta smiled, a real smug smile this time, "Well, my father isn't the king now, I am."

:: Good thinking, King of Vegeta-sei, :: Frieza thought as he gave commands to his men to prepare for a journey.

To Chikyuu.

*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

[ a week later.. ]

"Right. I'm so excited, I couldn't believe it~! Yamcha actually proposed to me, that's right Chichi~!," Bulma enthused as she hugged Chichi.

Bulma then turned to Goku, even though just knowing him for 3 years, she found a soft spot for him, "What can you say Goku?,"

Goku just sat there, looking.. shocked, nonetheless.

Bulma giggled, "Now, Goku, you don't need to look SO shocked, I mean, Yamcha and I are--," but she was cut short when she noticed that Goku was actually trembling, a sweat running down his forehead.

Everyone was silent and looked at Goku, then their silence was broken by the neglected television that was obviously left open when a broadcaster reported in a loud voice that there seems to be a catastrophe coming.

All eyes turned towards the teevee.

--- broadcaster ---

All right, here's the latest news, apparently, the NASA suppressed this news a while ago, but it seems to be important to let this report out. A while ago, at approximately 10:32 AM a spaceship was spotted hovering around our atmosphere and it seems that after a few minutes this aircraft would be visible to anyone and it seems that-- what the heck! people! look out your windows and you'll see for yourself.. evacuate immediately!

-- end news, the transmission was cut off --

Bulma was concerned, "Hey, Goku, are you all right?," she asked, looking at Chichi, motioning her to come closer.

Goku was trembling badly, "I sense something...,"

Confused, the two ladies, came closer.

"What are you saying, Honey? is it about the ship," Chichi asked. Eyes filled with concern. It was good that Gohan was sparring with Piccolo.

:: NO~! it wasn't good, but much better than seeing his father like this, :: Chichi thought.

"I sense something, clearly this time, two forces that are terribly strong are coming closer, they're arriving~!," Goku said, his face contorted with anger, a twinge of fear and of challenge.

"Coming? who?," Bulma asked.

"Here they come~!," Goku shouted as he sped off the house. Leaving the women confused.

Looking outside, Bulma was shocked beyond reality.

A spaceship was hovering just few kilometres above them.

"Oh... my... god...," was the only thing Bulma could whisper, before she completely pass out.

... end of chapter eight ...

... TO BE CONTINUED ...

*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

CHAPTER NINE : CONFRONTATION

*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

Author's Notes: Okay, I finally editted that part. So if you have any more complaints regarding that I'm getting this story to get to the end as fast as I could.. well, I think I still have a long long way to go.. ja~!

Don't forget to review.. and btw, I'm not angry.. ^_^;; see?.. it was a good help. Thanks guess.


Table of Contents
Chapter 7
Chapter 9