DISCLAIMERS: I do NOT own any of these DBZ Characters because if I do, then I won't be making this fic anymore, I'll just create the anime sequel.. right?

*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

CHAPTER VII - ESCAPE (THE REAL ONE) ^_^;;

*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

Bulma walked on the 'glass corridor', and looked down below, it has been a very long time since she set her feet on this corridor. But then after that, she already pass this hallway more often than not.

"Not that it would matter anymore..," she muttered as she continued to walk, unaware on where she was going, she just followed the path where her feet would lead her to, and she knew where they're taking her.

To the coronation of the next King.

"This would be my last day, so might as well enjoy it," she said as she rushed towards the great door of the assigned room where there would be the celebration and was stopped by the palace guards.

"Where's your invitation?," the guard on her left asked gruffly.

:: Uh-oh.. the invitation.. :: she remembered suddenly.

"I forgot, but I promise I do have one, maybe I could just show it to you later..??," she said hopefully.

But the guard on her right, shook his head, "No way, onna, we don't let in strangers like you..now go away..,"

Bulma couldn't take this anymore, this was her last night here for goodness sake!, "Well, I demand that you let me enter or else I'll--," she started but was interrupted by the sudden opening of the door.

"or you'll do what, onna?,"

Bulma's jaw went slack as she stared on the prince on front of her, he was dressed on his finest battle suit. The two guards just kneeled down, murmuring something Bulma couldn't hear.

Regaining her composure Bulma pointed at the two guards, "Well, they won't let me pass..,"

Prince Vegeta just glared at the two palace guards, and asked in a booming voice, "Is that true?,"

The two guards explained everything and that Bulma forgot her invitation and that was the reason why they wouldn't let her in.

Vegeta snickered as he turned to Bulma, "Baka onna, that's the reason! I gave them the orders not to let someone in without the invitation I gave you,"

Bulma just nodded, "Okay, now can we go in?," she asked hopefully at the prince, "I'm starving," she added.

:: Very saiyajin-like, :: Vegeta thought as he followed Bulma inside the grandeous room full of luxuries..

As Bulma walked through the crowd, she noticed that she didn't have to push through or say 'excuse me' because as if automatically, once she reached a certain place, the crowds would make a path for her, she didn't know why or what, she only knew that she was starving.

Unaware that almost all the male saiyajin population in the room was criticizing her, looking, staring, making some comments about her, she just continued her way to the buffet table and after she got some food, she wandered on a solitary corner where she could have some peace and solitude.

:: Now, this is more like it.. :: she thought as she reached a corner and huddled herself there as she pulled one chair.

She began to eat her food, however, without really tasting them, she's just thinking about... something else. After a while, she finished her food and stared through the window as the music began a slow rhythm, she hugged herself, comforting own.. lonely, solitary self, when all of a sudden someone whispered on her ear.

"Dance with me," the voice commanded, yet not forceful, more like soothing her tensing nerves, she turned around and found herself staring at those coal-black eyes she'd grown so familiar with.

"Ofcourse, no one opposes to the inevitable," she whispered back, as she slipped her hands on his neck and began a slow pace across the room.

"You have something on your brain, onna, tell me," the prince said, once they settled on the centre of the room, gliding and dancing on a slow pace.

Bulma tried to look at him in the eye, but she couldn't, she couldn't bear the fact that this would be the last time she would ever see him again, now that she thinks that..,

:: I think what?, :: she thought to herself.

"It's nothing," she lied as she enclosed the small space between them, settling for something for comfortable position.

Inhaling her scent, the Prince let himself momentarily be absorbed by her tantalizing smell, he couldn't believe this onna, one minute she's a bakayarou and after another minute she's like an angel..

The song continued slowly, they twirled round and round, circling other couples but unaware that they're doing so. They danced and danced until almost all of the entire room was staring at them because they were so engrossed by their dance and feelings that the dance was like the only link that could express the unspoken and hidden feelings between them, everyone was so mesmerized until the song has ended.

The Prince reluctantly let go of *his* friend. His and only his, friend.

After they both let go, the sound of bells and something that sounded like an ambulance echoed through the the room, signalling that the old king was arriving and the main celebration would start soon.

They were not mistaken, the grand doors opened and the old king stepped inside, he was as frightening as ever as Bulma recalled. Those dark strands of hair, that deep-set eyes.. all of them put together would make a very frightening creature and that was the King Vegeta, Prince Vegeta's father.

The old King stepped up the podium and looked at everyone, "Good day to you all, I'm enthused to have all of you as my guests tonight in this royal celebration," he paused and looked at everyone once more, "as you all know, this day would be the day I pass my crown to my only son and the future King, Prince Vegeta," he stopped and waited for the cheers and claps.

The expected claps and cheers from the guest did came, and Bulma was among the ones who clapped, she was indeed happy for her friend. She knew what this coronation and being the king of a powerful race mean to him. This event is the most important event on his life.

On hers too.

Now, It would be only a matter of time before this day would be significant to her.

Bulma looked at the platform, and saw the Prince kneel before King Vegeta as the King put out his sword and rested the blade on Prince Vegeta's right shoulder.

"I, the present King of Vegeta-sei, pass the crown to you, my son, as my only heir to the throne and the only capable one of ruling this planet inhabited by the most powerful creatures in the universe. Now, with Vegeta-sei's sun and moon as witnesses, I pass you this crown," at that the king pulled off his head the crown and put it on Prince Vegeta's head.

The ceremony was finally over, Prince Vegeta is now the new King of Vegeta-sei. Bulma was happy for him as the crowd cheered for him.

:: It's time :: Bulma thought as she slipped herself from the crowd and went back to her own room to gather her 'things'.

*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

Cyan met Bulma on her room, she was already packed, although, she only brought one tiny little bag. Bulma eyed her friend closely as she packed her things,

"Is that the only thing you would bring?," Bulma asked, referring to the little bag.

Cyan just nodded, she couldn't be happy with this, but she was a little glad that she would finally go back to her own world.

Bulma sighed and walked towards her friend, "Hey, don't be sad, we've talked about this right?,"

Cyan nodded, "I'm not sad, kinda little shock.. hey, mind if we go? I'm getting a little hyper," she said as she turned towards Bulma.

Bulma smiled at her friend, "Okay, we will go, but remember, this would be dangerous, we would be stealing space pods, we could be killed, and if that happens, we still must continue with our plan, understand?," she asked as she held up her pinkie.

Cyan hooked up her own pinkie as she smiled a bit, "Okay,"

At that Bulma returned to her packing and once she's finished, she pulled out a paper and a pen and scribbled some notes on it.

New King Vegeta,

I'm happy that you're the king now, I really am, although, I'm sorry that I couldn't be able to stay any longer, I'll return to my homeland where my own father awaits for my arrival, I wish you could forgive me for breaking my promise.

I'll miss you. Take care of yourself Vegeta-sama no baka!. ^_^

Always,
Bulma

Cyan peered over the letter Bulma scribbled and was put on her night table, "what was that? don't tell me, that's a lovey-dovey letter for the new king?," she kidded.

Bulma smacked her on the head, "Be serious for once okay?,"

*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

Bulma and Cyan sneaked towards Vegeta-sei's main port. Bulma found the things she expected right from the start, 10 parked space pods.

"Great," Bulma whispered to her friend, "I think everything would be going smoothly," she said as she turned towards her friend, however, she found her friend not listening to her, but looking at a strange weird button.

"Hey, Bulma, what do you think this is?, I think this is the button is for something connected on the parked space pods.. don't you think?" Cyan queried.

Bulma looked over the button she was referring to, it looked odd, for some reason. She didn't mind the button too much, she concentrated on getting into the pod.

Bulma ran as quickly as she could, and to be as unnoticeable as she could just to reach the pod, when she reached it, she couldn't open the entrance, she tried every single pod, but to no avail.

"Bakayaro!, these things couldn't be opened!," she complained to Cyan as silently as possible.

Cyan looked over the pods and an idea came into her mind, "That's what the button's for!," she concluded happily.

Bulma sighed but agreed reluctantly, "Okay, just push the button, but if it's sort of like an alarm or something, we know we're dead meat,"

Bobbing her head up and down like a little girl, Cyan reached up to the button and pressed it.

Bulma held her breath.

A sound of a deafening alarm echoed throughout the place, at the same time, the pods opened.

Cyan rushed over to Bulma, panicking, "What're we going to do? at least we get the pods to open!," she blabbed.

Bulma entered one pod and push her things inside, it was quite small, just perfect for one traveller, she looked at the insides. It was full of programs unknown to her, but she tried her luck, she typed something on the keypad and prayed that it would work.

Cyan however, maintained as a lookout, she waited for Bulma to figure out the programs, so that she could program her own pod since they couldn't squeeze in into a same pod.

"Hurry!, I hear someone coming!," Cyan hissed as she urged Bulma to do her best.

Panicking and on the verge of tears, Bulma tried to figure out the programs, in vain, "Please!, damn this machine, work!!," she screamed, she didn't care who hears her, because presently the alarm was going crazy and warning all the saiyajins about the unexpected intruders.

"There they are!," one sayiajin yelled at his companions, pointing at Cyan and Bulma.

Screaming on top of her lungs Bulma pressed almost all the buttons, "WORK! DAMN YOU! WORK!,"

At last, the pod whirred to life.

Bulma cheered, "Yatta!, now Cyan press '###4299### - 39900' as their code, hurry!,"

At that Cyan ran to her pod and began pressing the codes like crazy.

The saiyajins, in the meanwhile, rushed at them, one of them even shot a laser gun at Cyan.

Bulma saw this and was shocked, "Cyan! duck!," she yelled at her companion.

But it was too late, Cyan was shot....

Half a minute, Bulma saw her best friend, lying dead at her pod, but not before she could yell, "Run, Bulma!.. don't mind me, just RUN!,"

At that, Bulma closed her pod as quickly as she could and enter her next destination on the program: Chikyuu.

Peering through the window and wiping the tears that flows down from her eyes, she saw the guards, shooting again and again at the lifeless body of her friend. Before she could take off.

"Arigato, Cyan-chan, I'll never forget you.., You too, Vegeta, I'll miss you too," Bulma whispered as she fell into a deep sleep.

At that the pod, started it's journey towards Chikyuu.

-- end of Chapter Seven --

... TO BE CONTINUED ...

*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

Chapter Eight - Memories

*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

Author's Notes: Okay!, you don't have to tell me that the chapter sucks! I already know that, but you must understand!, this is the first time I've written something with violence!, gomen, but I just couldn't make it great.. >_< I'll just try my best.. promise!

Ja ne minna-chan, but drop me off some nice comments okay, nice not nasty.. ^_^;;


Table of Contents
Chapter 6
Chapter 8