*~ STANDARD DISCLAIMERS APPLY ~*

Author's Note: This is my first ever Bulma/Vegeta fanfic. This fic would be set in an Alternate Universe. So you must first read the prologue for you to understand and not get confused because I assure you, this fic would be confusing so might as well, read read everything before going to the real plot.

 

INNOCENCE to INSOLENCE
By: Mattel

 

--»» PROLOGUE --»»

Everything everyone and every planet were now conquered by the most powerful race, the Saiyajins.

Even Chikyuu was never spared from their wrath.

These heartless and cruel Sayiajins took and conquered everything, but they were careful not to destroy the planets they have interest upon.

Fortunately Chikyuu was one of those 'lucky' planets. They had made an agreement with all the other 'lucky' planets that the Sayiajins would not to harm their planets and it's inhabitants if they would swear loyalty in exchange of their freedom with their futuristic technologies.

They must agree that each one of the 'lucky' planets must send 5 children from 7-8 years old with noticeable intelligence to their planet, Vegita-sei, each year to study, for them to work for Vegita-sei when they would be older.

The planets that were given this kind of notice signed immediately for they know how impatient Sayiajins would get and what would happen if they don't.

"Why those cruel bastards," Mr. Briefs murmured upon receiving and rereading the notice and reluctantly signed the contract.

At last....

The destiny was sealed.

 

*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

CHAPTER I - YOUNG MINDS

 

"Otousan, where are they taking me?," a teary-eyed seven year old Bulma asked her dad.

Mr. Briefs sighed and motioned at the sayiajin that was assigned to take his daughter to wait for another second. All he got was a groan, but the impatient sayiajin did wait.

"Now, Bulma-hime, you would start school soon, because you're a grown up little girl now," Her dad told Bulma, while wiping away the tears that were currently cascading down her pale cheeks.

The little girl stopped crying but sniffled a couple of times... and smiled at her dad, "I'm no princess otousan,"

Mr. Briefs smiled ruffling Bulma's silky hair, "Who knows?, maybe you would be... someday," he paused for a moment to look at the ever impatient, ever scowling, sayiajin before turning back his attention and look at his daughter, "Now, Bulma-hime, my one and only treasure.. you must go now and strengthen yourself, because I won't be there anymore, May Kami-sama guide you,".

At that Bulma's clear, blue expressive eyes turned sad and lost it's glitter, "Doshite?,".

But instead of answering, he just kissed his daughter on the forehead before whispering, "You wouldn't understand, but promise me one thing, tenshi-hime,"

Bulma was now on the verge of tears but remained silent.

Mr. Briefs shut his eyes for him not to cry, it was very painful to let go of your one and only treasure, in the whole wide universe... and only to be taken and get used by the enemy, "Just promise me, you'll come back to me, here on Chikyuu.... no matter what...," he stopped for a moment and smiled a little, "... by making use of that intelligent brain in you," at that he hugged his daughter tightly before letting go, "Now, you must go, Bulma-hime, Sayonara but come back,".

Bulma could just nod as her reply.

At that, the burly sayiajin that was ultimately bored into his guts, took Bulma away, and send her together with the other four kids from Chikyuu to Vegita-sei.

TWO WEEKS AFTER THEIR DEPARTURE FROM EARTH...

A female young slave was the one who was assigned to take care of the Chikyuu "brats". Among all the Chikyuu natives, Bulma was the most inquisitive one, proof that she was indeed intelligent from the start.

Bulma crawled silently towards the young slave, in a lame attempt to surprise the girl, but the girl noticed her first. The young slave smiled at Bulma and motioned to her o come and sit with her.

Seeing this, Bulma, quickly got up to her feet and sat on the bench next to the young girl.

The young slave smiled at the behaviour of this, so-called, "brat".

"What's your name, little tenshi?," the young slave asked Bulma.

Lightening up, Bulma answered proudly, "My name's Bulma Briefs...," after a while, Bulma ended up chuckling with the young slave.

"What's your name?," Bulma then asked the slave.

The young slave seemed to stiffen but immediately relaxed, confident that befriending this little girl would cause her no harm, she then answered, "I'm Merlin," then she turned to look around, "This would be our little secret, Bulma-chan.. because they would take me to a faraway place and I would never be able to come back if they would know about our little secret,".

Bulma bobbed her head up and down in understanding, "Okay, Merlin-neechan..,"

At that Merlin smiled, melting the child's loneliness, not knowing that her masters were spying on her. After that encounter, she was never seen again, and that caused Bulma to throw a tantrum even as they arrived on Vegita-sei.

"I want my 'neechan~!," Bulma shrieked, dropping down unto the hard floor as she hopped down the aircraft.

The burly man that had taken her away from Chikyuu, scratched his head, "Why you little monster!, could you shut the damn hell up?!," he hissed as he stopped dead on his tracks as he recognized the present King together with his proud 8 yr.. old sayiajin prince walk down the aisle and stopping only on front of the crying Bulma.

The guard that was in-charge of Bulma and the other kids started to panic as the King together with his one and only son, the prince, eyed the new comers. The guard just let out a big sigh and bowed his head to the royalty.

"Is this the new batch for this season?," the King asked the burly man known as Orion.

Orion bowed his head even more that Bulma had thought that he was practically worshipping the person on front of him, "Yes, Your Highness," he answered confidently.

The King eyed the kids more closely as if scrutinizing every detail of their personality, "They don't seem to be smart enough," he said at last.

Orion just remained on his position but answered anyway, "I believe that they would improve as they grow older, King Vegeta,"

:: So.. King Vegeta was this big man's name :: Bulma thought as she strayed a quick look at the frightening man on front of her. She was obviously scared of him and as she looked around at her companions, she observed that they probably feel the same way.

She tried to look away but the kid that was standing beside 'King Vegeta' kept her in awe. She thinks that the 'prince' looks like he had just walked out from one of her picture fairy tale books, he was, she thought, an ideal prince except for the ever-present scowl that seemed to be present on any sayiajin native.

"I don't ask for anyone's opinion, especially from you, Orion!," the scary king growled.

Bulma shivered.

Orion just mumbled his stammered apology, it was very obvious that he was also terribly scared of the king, "I-uh.. I'm s-sorry, Your Majesty,".

The king just grunted and gave Orion one indifferent look before he let out his last command before he leaves, "Let's not waste time, see to it that every single child is to have a single room for themselves,"

Orion just bowed respectfully, aware that any mistakes would deter his life, "Yes, Your Highness, I'll make sure of that,".

At that King Vegeta left the place with his son with a thick and suffocating air of pride around them.

END OF CHAPTER ONE

...TO BE CONTINUED....

*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

NEXT CHAPTER: CHAPTER TWO - The 'Nutty' Professor.

*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

Author's notes: Now that was pretty scary ne?, this is actually my very first DBZ fanfic ever~! so spare me, and just give me some pretty comments okay?, that would be some ego booster on my part and that would keep me writing~!.

Ja minna-chan~!

Luv Ya all~!


Table of Contents
Chapter 2